I felt it was time to dust off this blog, because just like the Friendship Journal in "Fame and Misfortune" this one is probably falling apart!
So this blog is going to hopefully answer the burning question: "Lux, where are you?" To answer this I'm going to have to do some time magic here...
Flash back to 2012. This was the time that I fully considered myself as a Brony and joined this site. If you were to put me on a scale of 1 through 10 with 1 being not interested at all in MLP and 10 being that my life was devoted to MLP and nothing much else, in 2012 I would put myself at an 8. True, i had other interests, but at the time I was really devoted to the fandom. I was writing fan fiction, drawing fan art, role playing, creating my own pony OCs, and even attending a few pony conventions.
Now let's move forward to 2015. If I were to put myself on the scale again, I'd be a 4. Why the drop? Well, it was a couple of things:
- A waning interest in MLP. It wasn't that I gave up on it, but there were other interests in my life that appeared, which meant my interest dropped a little.
- Lack of time due to my former job. I worked retail up until a few months ago, so my schedule was very unpredictable. This meant that I couldn't devote as much time as I wanted to on things like art, role playing, writing fan fiction, etc. This wasn't just MLP but all aspects of my creative life. I look back at how much non-MLP art I drew in 2014 and then at 2015 and 2016 and saw how little I did.
- Lack of role playing. Now, I'm not putting the blame on anypony here, but the truth was that many of the threads I was in suddenly died out. This, combined with not coming up with threads on my own, led to me dropping much of my presence here.
So, now we go back to the present, and after a little hiatus, I'm happy to say that I'm getting back into MLP. I'm now back at a 6 or so on the scale. Will I ever get back to the level I was when I started? Probably not. Things change and so do interests. But what I'm planning on doing is the following:
- Restarting drawing MLP canon and OC characters.
- Getting back into Role Playing. Ok, so I'll still keep many of my characters under the Hiatus status, but there will be some of the more popular characters like Lore Weaver, Fire Heart, Watermelon Gush, and others who are going to host their own threads.
- As for fan fiction, I'm in the process of finishing my recent story. What's going to happen in the future? Well, I don't have any ideas yet, but who knows?
So there you go. I'm back in some fashion, and look forward to more fun.