[Tier 1 - Final][dragon] Spike: the TRUE Number 1 Assistant!

SunsetSombra

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Spike

Sex: Male

Age: baby/infant { " Whoa, wait...that's only about how 'old' I am. I'm TOTALLY more mature than that, really! " }

Species: Dragon { " Question - since I can't fly, does that make me an earth dragon? I'll have to ask Twilight about that later! " }

Eye colour: Green with a black cat-eye iris

Main scale colour: Purple

Additional Markings - colour & Style: Spike has green scales lining along down his back and tail, alongside a couple on either cheek.

Physique:

Whilst Spike likes to think he's gaining a more 'muscular' frame, the truth is he's still quite a small and scrappy youngster, with perhaps a smidge of baby fat.

{ " Heeeeey, I'm workin' on it...gimme another couple of years, and I'll be dynamic dragon dynamite! " }

Cutie Mark:

Not applicable. { " Sheesh, that's 'cause I'm a *dragon*, not a pony - D'uh! " }

Origin/Residence:

Ponyville - Takes residence with Twilight Sparkle in the Library located there - Used to reside in canterlot, however!

Whilst technically not employed, Spikes role varies from time to time - from being a general errands dragon, to helping out Twilights friends with friendship reports, looking after the two pets Peewee and Owliwicious, and being 'Number one assistant', a title he's especially fond of and works hard towards keeping..

{ " OH - and I was once also a replacement for Rainbow Dash once, but...uh...she really, really doesn't need to know that, okay? " }

Motivation:

Spike is driven by a desire to know and understand the world around him, along with himself - there is also his more personal drive to continually be Twilights #1 assistant, which has led him to occasionally go above and beyond on occasion in order to demonstrate that title.

Spike is a big fan of snacking on gemstones, cracking jokes/quips, Hanging with Twilight, and good times!. ( And perhaps, being around one other pony in particular! )

He's also learning culinary skills in the kitchen - he's a bit of a dragon chef at times, and enjoys learning to do more when he can!

Dislikes:

As a socially young dragon in mind, he naturally isn't very fond of times when Twilight or her friends argue amongst themselves over trivial things, or when a situation that starts out simple enough to solve becomes such a problem that everypony around him he knows loses sight of their heads. He's also not fond of being abandoned or left alone for extended periods, after having been brought up in an environment surrounded by ponies who accepted and welcomed him into their presence.

Character Summary:

[History]

Spikes life has centered around ponies ever since his being hatched in canterlot via one Twilight Sparkle, after which he was brought up and tutored in Celestia's custody until it was determined that Twilight was ready to handle looking after the young dragon - afterall, becoming a handler for a dragon meant that you would essentially be taking on not just a baby dragon, but the responsibility of ensuring that it learns values of pony society and ensure that the dragon respects those around it.

spikeegg.png

As it turned out, Spike didn't have any problems getting used to pony society - his natural curiosity to find out about his surroundings meant it was easy for his early development and tutelage under Celestia to excel. His naturally keen and enquiring young mind was a perfect match to that of Twilight Sparkles own desire to learn and discover, ensuring a close kinship based off of mutual goals and friendship. Over the past couple of years in Ponyville, he has been through many adventures and experiences with those whom he calls friends - some of these events he relished, and some others he would like to forget about entirely.

[Parents]

Not much is on record about Spikes draconic parents, and he hasn't asked much about them - this may be because he simply regards Twilight as an adoptive family figure who has proven to be a more immediate role model, friend and mentor to him. He's thought about finding out about them now and then, of course, but it's always felt as though there was just no need to venture into it any deeper at this current time of his life, although this is likely to change as he grows older.

His experiences with other dragons have not worked out as he had hoped, but he doesn't consider his interactions with them over forever.

For the time being, he is happy enough just hanging around with the ponies he's grown to love and cherish as family and friends. He'll make efforts to catchup on his dragon heritage another time, when he's possibly older and better equipped to make the best of it!

[Cutie mark story]

Considering he's NOT a pony, there isn't really a cutie mark to be found on this dragons leathery posterior - however, if he DID in fact possess anything resembling a cutie mark, he figures that it'd be a #1 on fire, or something. { " What? Seriously, it'd be a cool mark...! " }

[Flaws]

Spikes flaws tend to focus around greed and/or jealousy, Which have manifested in a couple of Spikes more notorious incidents:

<Jealousy>

Spike's fear of abandonment for another assistant became a self fulfilling prophecy once he allowed himself to panic over the idea of being replaced by Owliwicious, a stray owl whom Twilight had grown a little affection towards as something of a pet. Resorting to a diabolical but short sighted attempt at trying to frame the aforementioned owl with a staged 'corpse' of a mouse, He was found out shortly after (or 'immediately after', in fact) by Twilight which lead to his self enforced exile from the treebary { for a few hours}. Whilst the eventual rescue from danger by Owliwicious and Twilight at the enraged wrath of a dragon from certain danger helped to allay the dragons fears that he was Twilights closest companion, there are still sometimes some nagging fears and doubts that he could be replaced at any moment, should he do something that would disappoint or let down those closest to him.

<Greed>

The development of a dragon in Equestria tends to center around the size of their hoard, and that can manifest through their appearance as this hoarding behaviour continues to grow in appetite. This development also affects the ability for rational thought - it declines rapidly as the restraint and will to steal more and more grows, until a dragon can no longer control themselves. Spike encountered this on the eve of one particular birthday in Ponyville, leading him to cajole and steal various items - the situation escalated once he attained gigantic proportions, and it was only when Rarity nudged the right emotional reaction that Spike finally managed to revert back to normal stature. Spike learnt the value of self restraint, and that it is often far better a thing to share than to just receive.

<Abandonment issues>

Spike has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he's a social creature, preferring to stay in a group of those he cares about than to be alone - this was demonstrated, for example, when him, twilight and the other ponies attended the Gala - Spike suggested to Twilight that they all hang out as he shows the others some of the sights of Canterlot, but instead was left on his own as the other 6 went off to tend to their own desires. Spike was left alone in pony joes, pondering the meaning of life at the bottom of a coffee mug, his mouth covered in sprinkles from a long night of unhappy Donut-binging on his own until later on in the evening...when they all reunited, telling him that they had all had the shared realisation that he'd had it right all along that the night should have been shared as a group.

[Personality]

Spike has a rather outgoing, if somewhat sarcastic, nature with the occasional turn for the straight up 'comedic' - if something strikes him as worth saying to amuse himself with, he'll comment on it...sometimes he tends to think his own jokes are funny, leaving him the only one laughing at the joke if it falls flat to everypony else.

Despite this, however, he has a very caring mentality, as he looks after Twilight as much as she looks after him...at one point, being the only one who tackled an increasingly-manic Twilight as she panicked over the lack of a Friendship report getting to Princess Celestia that day. Spike sent off a memo to Celestia to inform her of both his worries about Twilight and warning her that she had taken some unusual and rather ill-fated attempts at encouraging friendship problems.

Theirs is an inseperable friendship - a duo who stick together through all things!

He can be smart and quick-witted, but at the same time the young dragon also has a tendency to daydream and overthink his capabilities in a desire to show off to others. Spike also has a tendency of feigning disinterest in activities that he 'openly' considers 'Girly' in public, but when the attention is taken off of him and he's all alone, he will occasionally geek out - for example, whilst initially declaring the Grand Galloping Gala as too girly and not something he wanted to attend, Spike later on expressed delight when he received a ticket of his very own from the princess, before sharing a quiet knowing smile with Applejack who had witnessed it.

Regardless of his occasional smart mouth and bad puns, however, he is a polite and respectful dragon and will always strive to be the best he can be!

spikee.png

" Well, this looks pretty much all there is t'say right now - although I *still* think there should be a segment about me beating nightmare mo-...Huh?

Okay, okay, I guess you're right - that'd probably be a little TOO overkill for a baby dragon alone. I'll just save that for my eventual memoirs instead! "

" ...hey - do you have anything slightly more, uh...rarity-shaped? Can't hurt to ask, right? "

:P

Oh I've got something with a perfect Rarity likeness with which you can play.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, there were a LOT of good apps, and it was a close vote...this was a real hard fought voting round and you all rocked your apps!

Maybe you'll all get another killer cast character to app for sooner or later - you all showed some really good stuff all around.