[Canterlot] The Green Hoof Floral Shop (Open)

PedestrianWolf

8551964415_94230e5678_o.jpg

Fuchsia Blooms made one final check around her shop, to make sure everything was ready for the day. She had plenty of roses and lilies in many colours, plus daisies, carnations, gladiolas, and asters. She was short of tulips, daffodils, and iris, but she was expecting a delivery later that morning. The ribbon spools were hung by the counter, ready for wrapping up bouquets, and she had cards ready and waiting for sweet messages to be written on them.

Her little hummingbird friend, Flit, buzzed excitedly around the shop. [colour=#800080]"Okay, Flit, I'm ready if you are!" [/colour]She laughed. Fuchsia Blooms went to the door and flipped the sign over. The Green Hoof Floral Shop was open for business!

Light was making his usual rounds in Canterlot. He stopped by and said hello to the same usual ponies he saw and did everything he usually does.

But today something different happened. Light trotted down a street and picked up a scent. He knew the smell was a floral scent. He then looked around and saw a little shop with flowers all over the place!

Light smiled at it. He couldn't believe he had never seen this shop before. He trotted up to the door. He just happened to see a mare inside flip over a sign that now read "Open"

Light then opened the door and trotted inside.

The pure white alicorn turned his head from side to side examining all of the flowers. His dark maroon mane fell in his face. He pushed it out of the way. He pushed his crown on his head as well((Dont worry im not trying to be OP. Light is a prince yes but he hates being called Prince XD he became a prince in a big RP a while ago and I have kept him a prince haha I hope that's okay! :) ))

Light then noticed the mare in the store. He cast her a warm and friendly smile and said, "These flowers smell and look amazing! Did you grow them yourself?".

Fuchsia Blooms was delighted that as soon as she opened the shop, she had a customer! And such a handsome stallion, too.

[colour=#800080]"Hello and Welcome! Yes, I do grow some of these in my greenhouse, but others are delivered here from nearby greenhouses. Is there anything special you were looking for today? I have some lovely and quite fragrant roses over here."[/colour]

She pointed her hoof at the display shelves along the wall, filled with pink and yellow roses, and a few calla lilies. Fuchsia smiled her most friendly smile and waited for the unicorn... wait, was he an alicorn? Now she was a bit nervous. She had never entertained royalty in her shop before, despite being located in Canterlot.

[colour=#800080]"Or, if you were interested in something more exotic, I do have some potted orchids in the back. Would you like me to bring a few out?"[/colour]

Light was surprised to see the mare come and greet him and answer his question so quickly!

He smiled at her and noticed that the flowers weren't the only lovely things in the store.

Light glanced over at the flowers she pointed at.

He noticed how delicately cared for they were and how lovely they smelled.

Light couldn't believe he had never been in this place before.

Light smiled at her as she told him how some of her flowers were homegrown and some were delivered.

He then watched as she seemed to get a bit nervous.

Light chuckled a bit. He then heard her say that she had potted orchids in the back.

Light smiled and said, "Could you do me the honor of taking me back to see them? If I am allowed in the back of your store...Miss..? I'm terribly sorry I never caught your name."

He smiled and held out his hoof to take her hoof. "My name is Prince Light Harmony." He let out a tiny sigh and said, "But please. Call me Light.". He smiled at her as he waited for her to put her hoof in his so he could bow to her.

Fuchsia was really flustered now. A prince! Oh goodness. She blushed a little as he asked her name and offered his hoof to her.

[colour=#800080]"It's a pleasure to have you in my store, Pri... er, Light. My name is Fuchsia Blooms."[/colour]

She placed her hoof over his, and wondered if she should curtsey. She wasn't sure she knew how to curtsey. Se settled for merely bowing her head a little while she smiled at him.

[colour=#800080]"Oh, um... it's a bit messy and crowded in the back, lots of potting soil and such laying about. I don't usually allow customers back there. Please, let me bring a few out to show you. I breed them myself, it's a passion of mine."[/colour]

Fuchsia dropped her hoof from his and quickly retreated to the back room, where she let out the breath she had been holding. She scanned the shelves, and using her magic took down a selection of her best orchids. Then she carefully levitated them in front of her as she returned to the shop, and gently placed them on the counter.

Light smiled at Fuchsia as she took his hoof and greeted him.

He wad glad she didn't call him prince.

Even though he was a Prince he hated being called it. He had not yet started his royalty duties..but he wasn't looking forward to it.

Light was slightly disappointed that he couldn't go to the back of the store.

He wanted to see the orchids but he didn't want to make Fuchsia work.

He smiled and waited for her to come back since she said she would bring him some.

He watched her as she levitated a few out and brought them to the counter.

Light trotted up to them and smiled. They looked absolutely beautiful! Light examined them over and sniffed them.

The aroma filled his nostrils and he was taken to a floral paradise. He couldn't believe he had never smelled these orchids before!

He looked at Fuchsia and said, "Miss Fuchsia..these orchids are the..best things I have ever smelled.". Light looked at Fuchsia directly and smiled a warm smile.

"Though I know nothing of plants..I know a great orchid when I see one."

He smiled a weak smile. He hoped what he just said made sense to Fuchsia.

Fuchsia Blooms blushed to her ears. She was quite sure her cheeks matched the bright pink of her mane.

[colour=#800080]"Thank you very much. These orchids are my pride and joy. I'm glad you appreciate them."[/colour]

Flit picked this very moment to zip down from his birdhouse near the ceiling and buzz around the orchids Fuchsia had brought out. He loved to sip their nectar, but wasn't often allowed near the delicate flowers.

[colour=#800080]"Flit! Not in front of the customers!" [/colour]Fuchsia scolded. [colour=#800080]"I'm so sorry about that, Light. My hummingbird friend can get a little over excited sometimes."[/colour]

Flit made a rude noise and sulked off to perch in a bunch or gladiolas.

[colour=#800080]"So, did any of these catch your eye, or perhaps your nose?"[/colour]

Light smiled at Fuchsia as she was blushing.

Light was examing all of the orchids. Until a little hummingbird came down and started flittering around the orchids.

Fuchsia started to discipline the little bird.

Light watched it and laughed.

"It's alright Fuchsia. The bird has a good eye and a good nose."

Light chuckled a bit.

Then Fuchsia asked him if any orchids caught his eye or nose. Light laughed harder this time because he found what she said funny.

"Well it's hard to just pick a few when all of them are amazing.". Light started examining the orchids again.

He was blushing a bit now.

Fuchsia smiled and let out a little sigh of relief. Sometimes Flit would buzz the customers who entered her shop, and she was always worried the little bird would offend them somehow. Not everypony was so forgiving of his antics as she was.

Prince Light Harmony seemed to be having trouble making a choice. She couldn't blame him, all her orchids were special to her, in one way or another. She really wanted to help him make a decision. Perhaps she could narrow down his options?

[colour=#800080]"Do you perhaps have a favorite colour, or a particular scent you like more than the others? Or is this a gift for somepony else? A special somepony, perhaps?"[/colour]

Light smiled at Fuchsia.

He appreciated that she was trying to help him decided on an orchid to buy. But he just couldn't decide.

He then heard Fuchsia ask if he had a favorite colour or favorite scent.

Honestly to Light. In this shop he couldn't even decide on his favorite scent. They were all amazing.

And so many scents were around him.

Then Light heard Fuchsia ask if he was picking out a gift for a special somepony.

Light had no special somepony at the moment.

Light chuckled a bit and said,

"Well my favorite colour would have to be..Orange.". He chuckled again. He wondered if she had an orange orchid.

"As for favorite scent..I don't think I have one. And the special somepony...I know a pony but I don't know if she would like a gift."

Light laughed again.

He then examined Fuchsia's shop some more.

He glanced around and said, "Miss Fuchsia. Do you have a special somepony?". Light smiled at her.

He kept glancing at her little bird.

Light loved animals. He remembered his animal friend back at his home. He had a dog.

[colour=#800080]"Orange? Oh yes, I do have an orange orchid. Tropical Cymbidium Orchids are one of the most exotic and fascinating flowers in Equestria. They symbolize love, charm, beauty, and refinement. All qualities shared with Canterlot Royalty, I'm sure."[/colour]

Fuchsia Looked a little stricken at that last statement. She hadn't meant to mention his status as a prince, since Light seemed so uncomfortable with the honoriffic.

[colour=#800080]"Does your mare, um, friend like flowers? Orchids can be temperamental, but with a little patience and care they can bloom year after year."[/colour]

Then he asked her if she had a special somepony of her own. Fuchsia Blooms blushed straight down to her hooves. She lowered her eyes to the floor and shuffled her hooves a little.

[colour=#800080]"I ah... no, I don't have a special somepony. I get so busy with keeping the shop, and my greenhouse, that I don't have a lot of time to go out and meet new ponies. Except for the ones that come in to my shop, of course. I'd like to, maybe someday, but not right now."[/colour]

Flit noticed the alicorn looking at him. He hovered near the gladiolas he had been perching in, then zipped over to buzz around Fuchsia's head. He settled on the tip of her horn and tried to stare down the alicorn stallion.

Light smiled at Fuchsia as she was talking about the orange orchid.

He actually learned something he didn't know.

He chuckled a bit when he saw Fuchsia blush. Then he heard her saw that she didn't have time for a special somepony.

Light smiled at her. She said that maybe some day she would want to meet a pony but not now.

Light then saw the little bird come zip down and examine him.

"Well meeting that special somepony can change your life."

He laughed a bit and smiled at her.

"Besides. I could help you find that special somepony. A mare like you deserves a goo stallion."

Light smiled at her and then glanced down at the orchids.

He was still stunned that Fuchsia could grow these plants so well. All he could do was make music.

Fuchsia Blooms looked a little shocked that Light had offered to find her a special somepony. The she laughed to herself. Imagine, having a prince play matchmaker to a simple shopkeeper pony like herself!

[colour=#800080]"Oh goodness me, that is very sweet of you to say. And someday I'm sure I'll find the right stallion for me. But I'm fine right now. I have the shop to keep me busy, and I have very good friends and neighbors who invite me over for little parties when I've been focusing on work too much. And of course, i have my little friend Flit here to keep me company every day."[/colour]

Fuchsia smiled up at the hummingbird, who fluffed his chest feathers and tried to look impressive.

[colour=#800080]"But please, enough about me. Would you like to see the [/colour][colour=#800080]Tropical Cymbidium Orchid[/colour][colour=#800080]? I can bring it out for you"[/colour]

Light smiled at Fuchsia and kept glancing back and forth between her and Flit.

The little bird was puffing out his chest. Light thought it was funny.

He heard Fuchsia say that she was alright with her life now. That she had good friends and neighbors.

Light chuckled a bit and thought to himself that having good friends was a great necessity.

He was glad to hear that about Fuchsia.

"Well Miss Bloom if you're certain about that. Then I won't force you. I'm glad you are enjoying your life."

Light hoped he didn't sound hateful to Fuchsia.

After Fuchsia asked if Light wanted the orchid Light spaced out for just a second. Then he came back and said with a sigh, "Well to be honest Miss Bloom. I had no intentions to buy. I was making my rounds and picked up the aroma of your shop and..I ended up here."

Light smiled sheepishly and chuckled a bit.

"I'm terribly sorry if I wasted your time."

Fuchsia Blooms smiled and giggled. Oh, such a sweet, gentle soul this prince was.

[colour=#800080]"Thank you. I am very pleased with my life right now. After all, I get to meet such wonderful ponies every day!"[/colour]

She was disappointed that he wasn't planing on making a purchase, but that was okay. Truth be told, she was always a little reluctant to see one of her prized orchids leave the shop. Even though she made sure that the buyers had all the instructions necessary to keep them blooming for a very long time.

[colour=#800080]"Oh, don't worry, Light. I don't mind that you only came in to look. After all, smells are free! But whenever you find yourself in need of flowers for any occasion, please come back and I'll be happy to help you."[/colour]

Fuchsia thought for a moment, and let her eyes wander over towards the display case. She spied some lovely orange gerbera daisies hiding in the back, and made a quick decision. She used her magic to bring one of them over to her, and then carefully tucked it into the alicorn's lovely maroon mane.

[colour=#800080]"You did say orange was your favorite colour, yes? Please accept this flower as a gift, on the house."[/colour]

Light smiled and chuckled when Fuchsia giggled.

He was glad that she was pleased.

He was so happy that there were ponies like Fuchsia in Canterlot. Not everyday do you meet such a gentle and caring pony.

Light examined the shop some more. Then he heard Fuchsia say that smells were free.

Light laughed and said, "Well I'll certainly let you know if I even need any flowers Miss Bloom!"

He chuckled again. He now was even more glad than he was before when he first trotted in Fuchsia's store.

Then Light actually blushed a bit when Fuchsia put the flower in his mane.

The flower was absolutely perfect.

Light smiled at Fuchsia and said,

"Miss Fuchsia. Thank you so much."

He kept his gaze on Fuchsia.

He then took a quick glance at the door and then back to her and said, "This certainly won't be the last time I visit here. You know this right?". Light raised one eyebrow and chuckled.

[colour=#800080]"I certainly hope I see you again soon, Light. Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great day." [/colour]

Fuchsia Blooms continued to smile pleasantly at the handsome alicorn stallion. He certainly was a nice pony, so polite. But he was royalty after all, they would have to be polite and kind to everypony, or certainly Celestia would banish him to the moon. And that would be terrible. She really did hope to see him again in her shop soon. Or somewhere else in Canterlot. Perhaps she would finally gain that elusive invitation to the Grand Galloping Gala, and he would be there. Maybe he would even ask her to dance.

But that was fluff and daydreams. Time to get back to reality. After all, she had a business to run! She couldn't spend all day dreaming about dancing the night away with princes, no matter how handsome they were.

((I can rp a different OC for a bit if you want me to since Light just left...and no one else is posting in this rp which is really sad haha XD))

Bramble Rose hopped off the train onto the station platform, stretching a little to ease the kinks from the ride. He ran his hooves over his purple coat, through his white mane, making sure he wasn't mussed anywhere - he'd napped on the way here, taking the rest when he could. He retrieved his cart from storage, hitched himself up, and then started hauling. The cart was a bit smaller than a usual cart, with a terraced look to it - allowing it to show off all the flowers covering it. Today, the flowers were mainly tulips and, daffodils, and irises - he only came up by Canterlot once a week, to deliver to the shops up this way.

He'd have to visit his dam this time - he'd skipped the last two weeks, begging work responsibilities, and her letters were starting to get a little bit pointed - in her utterly polite and reasonable manner, of course. Reassurances that she wasn't going to be lonely, understanding that he took after his father in that way, etc, etc...

Ah well. He started off down the familiar streets of his hometown, smiling fondly. New shop, today - Green Hoof Floral. Adorable name. He wondered who the shopkeep was ... probably some sweet little old mare, if he knew his floral shops. And the sweet little old mares almost always liked it when he flirted with them. He reviewed a few opening lines ... "Excuse me, miss, I'm looking for the shop owner ... are you her daughter?" Hrmmm... not bad. Appeals to age were often well-received "Almost didn't see you there, you blend right in with your lovely flowers." Yes, even better. He checked the cutie mark on the order form again, just to make sure he'd recognize it.

Ah, there's the shop! Oh, hey, he knew this street! Hadn't been here in years ... That used to be an old wine shop. He unhitched from his little cart, wondering what had happened to that old rascally stallion ... his dam would probably know. His horn glowed green, and a fine sample of potted irises floated out of his cart to hover along next to him, the pot glowing the same green as his horn. He stepped into the shop, ready with a disarming smile and clever introduction. Only one mare here, check flank, right cutie mark, look up to her face ...

Um ...

uh ...

[colour=#696969]"I brought you flowers!"[/colour] he chirped up brightly, the pot offering itself to Fuchsia.

Fuchsia looked up from the paperwork strewn on the counter. A unicorn stallion with a pot of irises floating nearby was standing in the doorway.

[colour=#800080]"Ah! You must be the new delivery pony! I'm Fuchsia Blooms, the shop owner."[/colour]

She trotted over to inspect the pot of flowers.

[colour=#800080]"These iris are lovely! Do you have any more?" [/colour]Then she noticed the cart outside. [colour=#800080]"Oh, what else do you have? I'm tragically short of tulips today."[/colour]

Fuchsia smiled at the stallion. He seemed a little surprised to see her, which was kind of adorable. True, she hadn't been in this location for very long, but she hoped to make her little floral shop a Canterlot landmark someday.

Bramble Rose smiled brightly. [colour=#696969] "Oh! Yes, we have them all! I'm with Iris's Irises! I mean... ummm..."[/colour] He scratched at the back of his head, and gave an embarassed grin. [colour=#696969]"I mean, Lily's Lillies! ... wow, I feel silly. Been working for her for years. Yes, um. Bramble Rose, at your service. We have your order, yes! Irises, Tulips, and Daffodils!"[/colour]

He led her outside, taking a deep breath as he held the door for her politely, dipping his head. "[colour=#696969]Each order comes with a free charm to keep them fresher, longer! The finest quality flowers, with that special extra touch! So, new shop? Are you bringing it from another city, or is this really brand new?"[/colour] He suddenly had a mental image of the shop floating through the air, and felt a bit foolish, but hopefully she would know what he meant.

Fuchsia Blooms trotted out to the cart to inspect the tulips and daffodils. They were all beautiful, and had such delicate scents. She sniffed at a salmon pink tulip with frilled white edges, and sighed happily.

"[colour=#696969]Each order comes with a free charm to keep them fresher, longer! The finest quality flowers, with that special extra touch!"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Oh, how wonderful! It's probably the same charm I put on all the bouquets I send out. The ponies really appreciate that their flowers won't wither and die within a few days of bringing them home. It really is the mark of a quality shop, don't you think?"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"So, new shop? Are you bringing it from another city, or is this really brand new?"[/colour]

Fuchsia giggled at Bramble Rose. He must have been thinking of something right after he asked the question, because a strange look flashed across his face as soon as he said it.

[colour=#800080]"Oh, it's relatively new I suppose. I haven't been here long, but I hope to stay for quite a long time. I do have a greenhouse in Garden Gait, but I don't sell any of my flowers there. I bring them all here to sell in Canterlot. I grew up here, my parents still live in the city. My shop is actually named in honor of my mother, who could grow just about anything." [/colour]

Fuchsia smiled wistfully at the memory of the backyard garden, and spending the summer tending the flowers and vegetables. Then she picked up a few pots of tulips and turned towards the door.

[colour=#800080]"Shall we start bringing these inside?"[/colour]

Bramble Rose perked up at the question. [colour=#808080]"Ah, yes! We should! Indeed!"[/colour] He let out an unnecessary laugh, then floated six pots up out of the cart and started inside with them, the green glow suffusing them. Most of the flowers in the cart were cut, but they'd included a half-dozen potted plants, as well. [colour=#808080]"I actually grew up here, too!"[/colour] he said merrily, then turned to her and swept a gentlecoltly bow, taking her hoof and kissing it lightly, while behind him, the pots arranged themselves in a neat-and-tidy row upon her counter. [colour=#808080] "A pleasure to meet you, miss,"[/colour] he said, his voice shifting into the accent of the Canterlot upper-class, without a hint of mockery or uncomfortableness. [colour=#808080]"My dam is actually a professor with tenure at the University of Canterlot. She used to frequent the wine shop that stood just where your shop now stands, as it carried an unparelleled variety of exotic specialty wines."[/colour]

He drew back, giving a soft, self-effacing laugh, and the upper-class accent dropped away again. [colour=#808080]"Which was actually her way of saying cheap small-name wines that nopony had ever heard of. She loved being able to surprise her guests with very fine wines they'd never tasted before, and then keeping secret that the reason it was so exotic was because it was from somepony local without a reputation." [/colour]He turned back out towards the cart, and gathered up a half-dozen bundles of cut tulips, floating them in through the door.[colour=#808080] "Where did you want these?"[/colour]