Granny Smith

Mojo

Grannysmith.png

[Pony Related Character - FiM Supporting Cast]

Name: Granny Smith

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Pale Lime

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: White mane and tail that she always keeps wrapped up in buns.

Eye Color: Moderate Red

Cutie Mark: Apple Pie

Physique: Average build, frail, sometimes seen with a walker

Origin: Sweet Apple Acres near Ponyville

Roleplay Type: Mane RP [FiM Cast €€œ Supporting]

Motivation: "To serve as the matriarch of the Apple family as best she can subject to her advanced age and limited abilities"

Likes: Baking, sewing, quilting, taking walks, giving guidance to younger ponies, oatmeal, shredded wheat, prunes, apples (obviously), taking naps

Dislikes: When people underestimate her/ignore her/belittle her because of her age

Character Summary: Born on the Sweet Apple Acres farm and have lived and worked there all her life. As a foal, she was constantly teased by her classmates because of her strange name. This only made Granny Smith more determined to be the very best pony she could be! When the filly became the youngest pony to ever win the Blue Ribbon at the Annual Ponyville Fair for her apple pie, her cutie mark appeared. The Blue Ribbon win earned Granny a lot of respect, from her foal classmates as well as the entire Ponyville community. Granny also acted quite mature for her age, developing the unique ability to listen and counsel other ponies, regardless of their ages. Granny married young and had many foals. Sadly, she outlived her husband by many decades. She thus became the matriarch of the entire Apple family clan in her senior years (being the oldest living member of the family) and in time, became the pseudo guardian of Big MacIntosh, Applejack and Applebloom who live with her on the farm. Since her advanced age has caught up with her, she can no longer applebuck in the field. She works on the farm as best she can with her bad hip and diminishing mental capacity. Next to the two Pony Princesses, Granny Smith may be THE oldest living pony in all of Equestria

Personal Appeal: I realize that Granny Smith isn't the most popular character on the show, but I would like the opportunity to demonstrate that she's not just the helpless, clueless senior citizen she's portrayed as in the cartoon. I'm not saying I want to RP her as some sort of senior citizen superpony who can gallop for miles, leap over tall buildings with a genius mind or other stuff like that. But at the same time, I believe Granny Smith can share her decades of wisdom and common horse sense with the good ponies of Equestria. After all, it takes a LOT of brains to help raise and nurture three grandchildren all by herself. In the cartoon, Granny Smith has shown the ability to walk to Ponyville before (as seen in 'Griffin the Brush Off') and has appeared a number of times without her walker. Granted, her physical abilities are very limited and old age does affect things like speech and short term memory from time to time, still I believe in her own little way, Granny Smith can be a helpful, useful and productive character in the world of Equestria

I would like to add that the Character Summary for Granny Smith posed quite a challenge.

I had to be cautious not to get into 'too much detail' about her past, especially concerning how Big Mac, Applejack and Applebloom fit into it. From Season One, there is NO backstory concerning Applejack's parents, so I didn't want to speculate too much on them. Rumor has it that all of the Original Six's parents will make an appearance next season, so I can't exactly 'kill them off' or completely ignore their existance. Best I can figure is, Big Mac, Applejack and Applebloom love their grandma so much that their parents allow them to live with her on the farm (but I could be wrong). Notice how in the first episode, during the Apple Family Reunion, Applejack did NOT introduce Twilight Sparkle and Spike to her mom and dad. I did the best I could but would welcome any and all suggestions from the mods/help staff on ways to 'fine tune' it or make it better.

Thanks!

Personal Appeal: I realize that Granny Smith isn't the most popular character on the show, but I would like the opportunity to demonstrate that she's not just the helpless, clueless senior citizen she's portrayed as in the cartoon. I'm not saying I want to RP her as some sort of senior citizen superpony who can gallop for miles, leap over tall buildings with a genius mind or other stuff like that. But at the same time, I believe Granny Smith can share her decades of wisdom and common horse sense with the good ponies of Equestria. After all, it takes a LOT of brains to help raise and nurture three grandchildren all by herself. In the cartoon, Granny Smith has shown the ability to walk to Ponyville before (as seen in 'Griffin the Brush Off') and has appeared a number of times without her walker. Granted, her physical abilities are very limited and old age does affect things like speech and short term memory from time to time, still I believe in her own little way, Granny Smith can be a helpful, useful and productive character in the world of Equestria

I know what you mean you just want to make her as any other older citizens of the world able to share all she's learned through her long life with anypony who listens. I know Granny Smith isn't helpless or clueless just a little eccentric and easily spooked. After seeing her in swarm of the century I think everypony knows not to mess with little granny smith :)