The Golden Age of Comic Books: A Mutants and Masterminds campaign. Interest and OOC here!

Okay that all looks way better then what I ended up coming up with! i'm sure in the future more work can be done as progression kicks in and such, but that combined with the regular feats that I have worked out in my previous sheet all look great to me. If needed I can repost the sheet and add in the finished device

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, One more stab at this!

Character Sheet:

Dusty Roads

Power Points: 90

(22 on Abilities)

(8 on Skills)

(39 on Feats)

(6 on Powers (Device) )

(2 on Combat)

(18 on Saves)

(-5 on Drawbacks)

Abilities:

Strength: 20

Dexterity: 20

Constitution: 16

Intelligence: 8

Wisdom: 8

Charisma: 10

Skills:

Acrobatics: 16

Climb: 5

Concentration: 10

Escape Artist: 5

Stealth: 5

Survival: 8

Swim: 5

Feats:

Acrobatic Bluff

All-Out Attack

Defense Roll: 3

Diehard

Elusive Target

Endurance: 1

Evasion: 2

Improved Block: 6

Improved Critical (Twin-Iron): 6

Improved Disarm: 4

Improved Initiative: 4

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Instant Up

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Redirect

Skill Mastery (Survival, Concentration, Acrobatics, Swim)

Taunt

Uncanny Dodge

Powers:

Twin-Iron:

Device (Easy to lose, Limited to *something*) 3: Strike 6; Feats: Mighty, Thrown, Extended Reach 2, Alternate power: Stun 3, Trip 6, Strike (Area: Burst, Feats: Extended Range 2) 2, Strike (Area: Cone, Feats: Extended 2) 2, Shield 6. (Pretty much just copy pasted it. :razz:)

Combat:

Attack (Melee): +1

Attack (Ranged): +1

Attack Bonus: +1

Grapple: +6

Defense: 0 (With Shield 6 active this increases to +6)

Knockback Resist: -3

Saves:

Fortitude: +10

Reflex: +11

Will: +4

Toughness: +3 (+6 with Defense Roll)

Equipment: None

Sidekick: None

Okay, hopefully all of that will check out! Lemme know if there are any problems.

All right. I think I've finalized Morning Glory's character sheet. I've never really used Mutants and Masterminds much before, so a skype chat with the GM a little while back helped me to realize I was doing powers wrong. Many of the superpowers are limited to the power level of the campaign, and I'd been exceeding those. So! I've gone ahead and lowered a bunch of Morning Glory's powers, leaving her with 57 points unspent.

I also finally have stats on her artifact.

If the artifact is in the Helm of Themis mode, all her unicorn magic goes up from 4 to 6. She's also able to handle telekinesis with up to 10 items at equivalent strength 10, or only two items at up to strength 30.

I left 21 device points unspent (which is 42 points worth of unicorn magic) - lots of spells for her to learn in the future.

If the artifact is in the Nemesis Sword mode, all her pegasus magic goes up from 5 to 6. I didn't bother with 'mighty' with the strike ability - just went ahead and did strike 11. It's accurate and cannot be used against the innocent, and pierces illusions. Alternate powers include a wind slash and a lightning stun. Also, her dexterity is maxed out when she's wielding the nemesis sword and is flying. I left 3 device points unspent. (Using the sword came naturally to her, cause pegasus. Not that she's good at the actual swordplay yet.)

If the artifact is in the Shield of Tyche mode, then her uncontrolled plant growth goes from 4 to 6, and is still uncontrolled, so plants tend to just sprout up around her when she touches the ground. Her earth control also bumps up to 6, and her strength and stamina are maxed out if she has the shield and is touching the ground. Also, the shield can be used as a shield. I left 16 device points unspent.

I am really excited about this game, guys! :) I think it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Im excited too Bramble! This looks like a fun group we have going! I just hope I put Dusty together alright, x3;

But yeah this'll be fun; it'll also be nice to finally really rp with you and Kirby! And with everypony else that is coming along :)

I think I can best sum up my feelings by quoting Ironman 1. "Throw a little hot rod red on there."

Everything is there. Everything is balanced. You're combat ready. You could pick up this character and go. But it needs flavor, color, something. Sure, we're superheroes, but this setting is also candy colored horses. Some ranks in an obscure knowledge, craft or profession. One or two points could be spared to flesh out the character when he's not smashing in faces.

Applejack's sheet would have Winona on it. Plastic Man's sheet would have the Connected feat.

We are ALMOST there, man. We are so close. I just need a little spice. And wow, I WISH I could show you my sheet to illustrate just what I'm talking about.

FINAL ROUND

FIGHT!

Dusty Roads

Power Points: 90

(22 on Abilities)

(8 on Skills)

(39 on Feats)

(6 on Powers (Device) )

(2 on Combat)

(18 on Saves)

(-5 on Drawbacks)

Abilities:

Strength: 20

Dexterity: 20

Constitution: 16

Intelligence: 8

Wisdom: 8

Charisma: 10

Skills:

Acrobatics: 16

Climb: 5

Concentration: 8

Escape Artist: 5

Knowledge (Spice Farming): 4

Stealth: 5

Survival: 6

Swim: 5

Feats:

Acrobatic Bluff

All-Out Attack

Defense Roll: 3

Diehard

Elusive Target

Endurance: 1

Evasion: 2

Improved Block: 6

Improved Critical (Twin-Iron): 6

Improved Disarm: 4

Improved Initiative: 4

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Instant Up

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Redirect

Skill Mastery (Survival, Concentration, Acrobatics, Swim)

Taunt

Uncanny Dodge

Powers:

Twin-Iron:

Device (Easy to lose, Limited to *something*) 3: Strike 6; Feats: Mighty, Thrown, Extended Reach 2, Alternate power: Stun 3, Trip 6, Strike (Area: Burst, Feats: Extended Range 2) 2, Strike (Area: Cone, Feats: Extended 2) 2, Shield 6.

Combat:

Attack (Melee): +1

Attack (Ranged): +1

Attack Bonus: +1

Grapple: +6

Defense: 0 (With Shield 6 active this increases to +6)

Knockback Resist: -3

Saves:

Fortitude: +10

Reflex: +11

Will: +4

Toughness: +3 (+6 with Defense Roll)

Equipment: None

Sidekick: None

*I added 4 skill points into Knowledge: spice Farming*

making a couple final adjustments to the sheet. Having finally actually played with the system, and understanding damage a bit better, I realized I needed the 'impervious' for protection even though the toughness bonus can't add anything to my toughness save. Thus representing the whole 'bulletproof' deal with a paragon. And I removed the 'nullify illusion' and added in penetrating to the strike instead - making the sword only have 1 device point left over.

Also went over Captain Nightguard's sheet with Azal and we realized we'd done the math wrong - he had a few more points. So we made sure he actually bought his nightguard gear (armor and sword) and a few extra other feats. He'll be posting them soon.

I think it's all right to share what you want! Just a few tiny adjustments that won't affect the numbers - just buying equipment he already had but forgot to buy, and adding in two flavor feats and teamwork, if I remember correctly. Plus he finally specced out his HQ, which won't come up.

Abilities: (20 PP)

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 18

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 10

Wisdom: 14

Charisma: 14

Saves: (12 PP)

Toughness 0 (+2)

Fortitude 4 (+6)

Reflex 6 (+11)

Will 2 (+4)

Combat: (12 PP)

Attack 6

Defense 0 (Dodge adds 6)

Initiative +12

Skills: (17 PP)

Acrobatics: 8 (+12)

Diplomacy: 4 (+6)

Intimidate: 8 (+10)

Investigate: 6 (+6)

Knowledge: Nobility: 4 (+4)

Knowledge: Monsters: 4 (+4)

Medicine: 2 (+4)

Notice: 8 (+10)

Profession: Guard: 6 (+8)

Search: 6 (+6)

Sense Motive: 4 (+6)

Survival: 6 (+8)

Swim: 2 (+2)

Feats: (28 PP)

Attractive: 1 (+4 Bluff/Diplomacy for those who find you attractive)

Dodge Focus: 6

Power Attack: 1 (Take up to -5 to attack to add +5 to DC of damage)

Improved Initiative: 2 (+8 initiative)

Evasion: 2 (No damage on successful reflex save, 1/2 damage on failed save)

Blind Fight

Improved Defense: (+6 instead of +4 with full defense)

Move-by Action: (Move and act and move again)

Precise Shot: (Ignore penalties for making ranged attack into melee)

Uncanny Dodge: (Cannot be surprised unless assailant is absolutely silent)

Endurance: 2

Inspire: Spend hero point: Grant +1 to two allies for attack, save, and checks

Startle: Use intimidate instead of bluff to feint in combat

Teamwork: +1 bonus to aid actions

Connected: The former members of the Night Guard

Benefit: Knighthood.

Equipment: Shop, sister, sword, chainmail

Complications: (-10 PP)

Struggling (-1)

Normal Identity (Longer than full round action to change): (-5)

Missing Wing (common, moderate) (-3)

Powers: (1 PP)

Super Movement (Cloudwalk) (1PP)

Weather Control: 2 ranks (limit: touch range) (3PP)

Alternate Power: lightning Blast (limit: needs storm cloud) (1PP)

Alternate Power (Paralyze) (limit: requires Stormcloud) (1PP)

Racial Automatic: (-5 PP)

Gadgets:

Jetpack: (limits: Full round activate, aurora powered)

Flight: 4 (no hover)

Microstormcloud Cannons (blast 5)

(alternate: Stormcloud grenades)

Wing Guards: Protection 5 (Limit: When not flying, physical only) (Impervious)

Brambles number wizardry found 5 more points. I put into Teamwork, Benefit, Contacts, and my gear.

HQ: Sisters shop at Dusk Gait

7 points

Small- 0

Concealed- Built into the cave wall -1

Living Space- It is home -1

Workshop- 'nuff said -1

Power-Summon Minion: There for the sister. -1

Power- Blast: Stormcloud Gatling Gun -1

Communications- Top of the line radio system -1

Toughness: 10 5 default, +5 -1

Raz, that is PRECISELY what I'm talking about! One little power point opens a world of role play potential! And with our final player ready, I declare the RP open for business! Now, a word. This is not the scene where you catch him. That comes later. This is the scene where you chase him. Follow my lead for just a little bit and I promise it will be worth it.

Razorwing, I was talking to Bramble last night and had a realization. Dusty Roads probably knows a secret code.

http://weburbanist.com/2010/06/03/hoboglyphs-secret-transient-symbols-modern-nomad-codes/

http://www.worldpath.net/~minstrel/hobosign.htm

Hobo Glyphs (Signs, code, etc) are a way that the hobo community could actually communicate important information while just looking like random scribbles to the standard populace.

Also, my brain ferret has latched on and ran down the rabbit hole on the terminology, how hobo is commonly used in tandem with tramp, in the depression era it was actually a completely different term (Hobos would work)

TLDR: The wiki for Hobos is fascinating, with lingo, ethic code, etc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo

And I'm probably going to post after the bunch. Bramble noted something I need to notice.

Archived