Delete account and try again

SilentNemo

For security and organizational reasons, we do not allow users to delete their accounts, especially to "start over" with a new one. If you make a new account, you run the risk of having that account banned, as well as accruing warning points on your first account.

I suggest just rolling with your original account. If you wish to change your account name, just send me a PM.

That isn't actually common functionality for IPBoard software. You can leave a notoriety on your profile page informing other members of your absence, disable all notifications and email messages, and effectively just ignore that the account ever existed, but there isn't really a way to just suspend an account outside of bans and revocations thereof.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, TheDamnFiddle said:

But what if someone wants to delete their account and leave the site?

I think most people that want to leave the site just leave.  If they want to go that badly, they can, as Halide stated before-just turn off all notifications and forget the site ever existed.

On 14/9/2014 at 6:01 PM, SilentNemo said:

Dunno, perhaps you are somewhat overreacting over a warning? Those stuff happens to a lot of us, all I know that eventually your warnings should expire on a year or so, So starting fresh is jut trying to not goof any more + waiting. but try not to go overboard about it, like me, got a warning point for random reason I don't feel like remembering and just stopped posting here, eventually gone to other forum.

1 hour ago, Parker_Izing said:

Dunno, perhaps you are somewhat overreacting over a warning? Those stuff happens to a lot of us, all I know that eventually your warnings should expire on a year or so, So starting fresh is jut trying to not goof any more + waiting. but try not to go overboard about it, like me, got a warning point for random reason I don't feel like remembering and just stopped posting here, eventually gone to other forum.

*Pst*. I'm pretty sure the member has already left the site~

• 1 month later...

Archived