The Antiquis visits Equestria (Closed!)

Noedig

We are currently somewhere in different reality where no ponies are sentient, when dragons are long extinct, whatever magic is scarce, and the time when humans domesticate and rule this planet called Earth.

This is not the same Earth as we live in, but it is similar enough in historical events. Everything happens the same as the one we really know, but the names and appearances are different.
We go to New Fergus-- or what we know it as New Zealand-- southeast of the island, on a certain part of the beach where it is most treacherous to tread, an underground base settles there... and no one but a select few know of this base. Here lives a special man, the only man who built this sanctuary for three decades with his own brain and brawn. This man has built technology beyond the modern time's technological advance, thanks to some of his ancient intelligence and other geniuses' ideas. Currently he is developing a reality alternator, a device he's been trying to build for the past fifty years. He is very close to finishing this, it just needs one more thing...
"This needs one more thing..." He monologues, "It needs-- ah! Finished. It's finally done."
He finished building this device, and felt great satisfaction from this great achievement. 'Perhaps I can visit my origin of birth from that reality sometime... see how things are really going there.' He thought. 'As much as it is my birthplace, this world is still my home... besides, it could be devastated without me.'
He speaks mostly true about this... Since the time of Holy Crusade and now, he's averted many time-related changes and four planetary destruction attempts, since this was his duty, as he grew older for centuries (still looking as old as thirty-six.), he realized he was just being used for his home reality's war against another reality. Since he found out, he stopped supporting his allies. He would only go as far as to stop any current threats, since he cannot independently recognize any time-traveling trouble-makers... but alas, he was never out of grasp of the war so easily.
The enemies of his former comrades turned a man named Kronis into a weapon, Kronis is a special character just like the man we spoke of but corrupted and deteriorating in mind, Kronis sought eternal vengeance against this man, and tried to use all his limited time on living to destroy him. Unwillingly, the man caused Kronis to be what he is. Kronis murdered many of his respectful former allies and someone special to him. The man had avoided Kronis for so long, until he finally admitted to kill Kronis after the murder of that special person. They both went all-out against each other; they fought against each other with guns, swords, in martial, and lightning against fire for two days without halt.
Eventually, one of them were beaten and killed.
Considering our yet-to-be-named protagonist is still here, we can surely assume that Kronis had died. Just before this revelation, the man realized that Kronis was a hazard to everyone, the man nearly caused the destruction of Earth twice out of the four times that almost happened by Kronis. He temporarily retired himself from his personal duty to recollect himself after Kronis' death, which happened sixteen years ago from now.
And now, we continue...
After completing his invention, the man decided to eat a good meal and settle it for half an hour before he tried his device. In case he ever died in this ridiculously reckless attempt, he hopes to have something good before his possible end. Well... we're not going to kill him in this story now, are we?

After he settled, he went to the armory to prepare himself for what will hopefully be a good trip. He armed himself with a kinetic gun-- a revolver of his own design, to be precise and his trusty six-feet long saber-sword, with two feet of handle, made of a unique material called mjolnirium. A huge ore that he discovered centuries ago from a fallen asteroid, which is extremely heavy. But after many experiments during the Renaissance age, he discovered the right temperature to heat it after a few days. After it shaped in the saber-sword's mold, tempered while it was still hot, he realized as hot as it looked, it was still cold to touch... after touching it, he just considered if his enhanced strength was enough to pick it up since it was so heavy... he was about to regret putting his work into it, until he realized that when touching the hot-looking, cold-feeling metal, the weight seemed to have changed.
He picked it up, it was now an eighth of what it's weight used to be. He tried putting down the sword, but after releasing it, it fell hard and fast cracking three feet deep into the stone floor of his blacksmith.
Bewildered and surprised, he picked it up again and it somehow reduced the weight for him. Somehow, this metal can recognize his touch and allow him to easily lift its weight. Even when he wields it, it is actually still as heavy as it is. He isn't anymore stronger by wielding it, but it can somehow mess with the existing laws of physics. Truly a phenomenon!

Anyway, back to while he's gearing up. He wields his gun and blade, and brought a backpack filled with rations, medical supplies, and personal tools for data-gathering, and a remote to recall home.
He was ready to leave. He suited up, brought his gear with him, and prepared the device.
The device looked like a large, body mirror, but once activated it no longer reflects light. Instead, it bends light because of the warp, the warp changes the property of light into something so bright, it's like looking into a hallway of pure light, and what's on the other side is still too bright to see beyond.
He was going to walk in blind, not knowing where he'll end up... and he liked that. It's something he's been meaning to try for a very, very long time.
So, he stepped into the frame, walking on a solid floor of hard light, it feels warm and comfortable, but it lacked oxygen in this space, so he tried to walk through this hallway as fast as he could... and he somehow managed to see the exit, though it is still blocked by a different, indescribable color of light. He put his hand through it, his hand passed through without feeling any danger... and so, he walked out.

Out of the portal which sent him through another place of some world... he felt a stone floor... a very fine floor of white stone... seems to be a castle-like floor.
His eyes are trying to gain back sight, but it's hard to see since it's fuzzy... but he sees something just in front of him. It's colored cyan, with some kind of white thing on top, and is really short.
The less fuzzier his sight got, the more upsetting things seem.
This thing looks upset, and this is upsetting the man... it's... a pony... Pegasus? With an eye-patch? With some similar clothing.
This is, of course, Gale Storm...
Gale Storm was just walking peacefully through Canterlot, until suddenly this warped space of light suddenly appeared in front of him... it was still on for a good 43 seconds until something came out of it.
That something came out armed, blinded, and mysterious. Gale Storm wasn't sure who this is, but he looks like Zed, having with no wings... perhaps he's exiled, too? The portal disappeared, unbending light and reality...
"Who are you?" Gale Storm said to him.
The man was surprised to hear this pony speak. "You can speak English?" He said, with a faint Lerizerite-Hemmish and a significant adaptation of Dermanican (Israelite-British with and a significant adaptation of American) accent, "Well, I'll be damned! You can speak! An astounding first find with just my first step into... where am I?"
Gale Storm is uncomfortable with this man marveling him about his ability to speak.
"Who are you?" He repeated his question. "Avoid my question one more time and I'll subdue you, human."
"Hey, you know humans?" He asked, and then realized that was against this short Pegasus' order. "W-wait, my mistake. I didn't-- my name--"
"Too late." Gale Storm said. And instantly shocked him. "Yeowch!" He yelped. "Hey, how did you--!!"
He was interrupted by a cyan blur, a hind-leg kicked him in the stomach. "Do-- Oof!" He grunted. The kick was powerful, but thanks to the sword's weight, it didn't lift him off the ground.
However, the momentum would've softened the blow, but it still wasn't that painful.
Gale Storm kicked him, but he didn't fly off a few feet or anything, in fact, the man was still standing right where he is. How did this man stop his kick?
"If you let me--" The man said, but was then interrupted by a side-kick to the face. The man's face turned from the kick, and put his face back to face the Pegasus.
"If I may--" Again, another side-kick to the face, but the other side. That man's face turned again by the kick... right now the man feels annoyed by this interruption... he held back as much as he could...
"Stop doing tha--" He was about to get kicked in the face again, but he stopped Gale Storm's side-kick, and grasped Gale's other leg and pushed him back. Gale Storm was tossed back gently... this made Gale Storm curious about this man.
"STOP!" The man shouted. "I was meaning to give you my name!"
"What's your name, then?" Gale Storm said assertively.
"My name..." He said, now calming down from this kick-happy, flying, talking horse. "My name is Noedig."
"Noedig..." Gale Storm repeated his name, trying to ask him something.
"Yes?" Noedig responded.
"What are you doing here? You're trespassing the castle's grounds." Gale asked him.
"Well, since I had no idea where this portal was going to lead me..." Noedig explained to him. "I have no way of controlling where I go as long as there is open space... so, this is open space... as much..." He says, looking around the whole scenery. "... as much as there is open space everywhere else. Well, it lead me here. So sorry to intrude..."
The human seemed sincere... but Gale Storm wasn't convinced enough to believe that he isn't trouble. "I think we should talk..." Gale Storm said to Noedig, now landed on the floor approaching Noedig. "Tell me, since you're the third similar looking creature I've seen yet, are you an angel?"
"Angel?" Noedig said, feeling odd as to why this creature would say that. "Uh... no. I'm not an angel."
"So, you're human?" Gale asked.
"Yeah." Noedig said. "Yeah, something like that... sorry, but, 'third similar looking creature'?"
"I'm asking the questions here." Gale Storm said, with his seriously grim face at Noedig. Under that face-mask and shades-- Which I forgot to mention earlier, Noedig was not fazed by this creature's intimidating face, but he complied. "Go on..." Noedig said.
"What are you doing here?" Gale continued his interrogation.
"I was testing a device that can create a portal from my reality to any reality..." He said to him. "And with God as my witness, it worked!"
Gale Stormed pretended to clear his throat. Behind the shades, Noedig rolled his eyes a bit. He achieved a great thing... oh well.
"So, there is nothing-- I mean NOTHING planned to make trouble here?" Gale Storm asked.
"... No. Not at all." Noedig said to him, setting his shades on his hair and lowering his face-mask to expose his face in order to let the creature see what he looks like.
Gale Storm analyzed his face... Noedig's eyes were rested, his nose straight, with a scar from under his left side of the jaw to the lower cheek, and a smaller scar on the right side of his lips, his brows are naturally fuzzy and bent, and has barely creased skin from frowning between the brows. Basically, this man looks just as serious as Gale Storm, and is showing no hint of lying. "I'm not your enemy... I hope."
Gale Storm lightened up a bit and backed up. "Wonderful... my apologies, sir Noedig." He said to him. "Welcome to Equestria."
Noedig raised his right eyebrow, saying, "Equestria? Is that the country's name?"
"No." He replied. "That is the world's name... this kingdom is Canterlot."
"Canterlot..." he echoed after him. "Equestria, equestrian... Canterlot, canter-- tell me, is there a place called 'Horseville' or something?"
Gale Storm raised his right eyebrow at his question. "Close." He said to him. "Ponyville."
"Oh... my God." He said. "It's a world dominated by horses."
"That's right... do you have a problem with that?" Gale Storm asked him curiously.
"Not at all! You're sentient, intelligent, and can communicate with another species." He said to him. "I'm just amazed that creatures like you could be... this!"
"Why?" He further asked.
"Well, I mean no offense when I say this..." He said, trying to be as polite and honest as possible. "On my world... as much as those horses have some wits and intelligence there... those equestrians are just domesticated animals."
"Really?" He said. "They're not sentient?"
Gale Storm seemed to have taken it rather well... "Correct." Noedig said.
"Well, that's a shame...." He said.
"I doubt it." Noedig replied. "I'm not going to discuss anymore about our equestrians, it's best that you don't ask anymore about them and leave your imagination to it."
"... Alright." Gale Storm complied. Somewhat disappointed and very curious.
"So, my turn." Noedig said to him.
"Proceed." Gale Storm said.
"About me being the 'third similar looking creature' you've seen... who are the first two?" Noedig asked, putting his face-mask and shades back on, it's a habit.
"Speak of the devils..." Gale said to him, noticing Zed and Alex many yards away from them. "As ironic as that sounds to me, they're right there." He pointed at their location.
Noedig followed his point and noticed a man. And a child with wings. And three taller horses, with each their own horn and pair of wings... two dark-blueish and midnight-colored manes, and the other white and rainbow-colored mane. All of these characters were just looking at Noedig.
"Interesting..." He said. "Very interesting."

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zed stood in place where he was, staring cautiously, yet curiously at the man standing next to Gale. Despite Zed being in Equestria for over twenty years, he still looked no older than twenty years old. Next to him was Alex, who was now a bit more mature since their skirmish with Dark Storm, and much stronger. However, the boy still remained polite and not as cautious as his father.

"Huh... it's been over twenty years since I've seen another bipedal humanoid other than my son." Zed said, crossing his arms and continuing to eye the human suspiciously.

"Who is this, Uncle Gale?" Alex asked curiously. He looks like my dad...

Lullaby looked at the newcomer with a rather confused face.

"Anither... uhm... heumah?" She said, trying to say the word.

"Human, dear." Luna said ti her, also looking at Noe.

"It is odd to see one here, and you seem more similar to Zed than the ones on Twilight's reports of the other world." She added. Definetly odd to see one similar to Zed and Alex.

Noedig was used to being looked upon as a stranger, since many previous times people looked upon him as suspicious. So, he wasn't bothered by this young-looking man's suspecting gaze.

On the other hand, the boy affected him a little more than usually in a sense of reaction.

Noedig is recalling a memory, and he's mentally living through the memory right now.

The problem with Noedig, being what he is, is that he can never forget. Due to unwilling bodily augmentations, in order for him to be what he is, everything down to the core of his DNA must be enhanced. A regular body cannot handle a strengthened mind, just as a regular mind cannot handle a strengthened body. Basically, he is augmented in every way. His mental augmentation did not make him any more smarter than he was before he was changed, he is just never able to forget, willingly or unknowingly, and store more "data".

So you may ask yourself this question, "Why was he unwillingly augmented?" That's for another time.

Just now a second from living the memory, he just not suspiciously scratched his head, subtly doing this under a painful reaction.

"As far as he's been kind enough to say, his name is Noedig, Alex." Gale Storm replied to Alex's question.

"Hello, Alex." Noedig said him. He decided to look at Alex in a quick examination. For a split second, he was already thinking that the boy is very odd, considering that he is a human "angel", which the human society in his world would ignorantly portray angels as.

Noedig has personally met angels before, once in his long life-time. They looked nothing like humans, and would be considered by the general description as "alien". But they weren't just any "aliens", even for Noedig it would be complicated to explain.

That split second later after giving Alex a quick look, he turned his gaze upon Princess Luna, whom averaged just below his height. Speaking about some reports of the other world from a person named Twilight.

He wasn't sure if they were talking about his world, because there would be infinitely many realities.

"Just as it is fascinatingly odd for me to see creatures like you speak intelligently and think with sentience." Noedig replied to her. "Which isn't wrong. But, what's most odd to me is that you're all speaking the same language to me."

"Now the you mention it, I've never considered that..." Gale Storm said to him.

"Really?" Noedig asked him. "Well, anyway... as interesting as this has been, I should be leaving." He says, expecting to leave very soon, but just checking his portal remote, it states that it will take six days to recharge. "... In quite some time. Well, I'm stuck here for a while."

Gale Storm was a bit cautious and curious about Noedig leaving all of the sudden.

"Why would you leave so soon anyway?" He asked.

"Ah, I didn't mean that so rudely," He explained, "I was just testing the device, you see. I wanted to check if it could take me home the same way it did for me to get here."

"I see..." Gale said understandingly.

"Besides, I would've returned, now that I've designated this verse as the first other verse." He said and then quipped, "Certainly a new unbreakable record for me, too. Being attacked in under a minute upon first arrival. At least I didn't have to resort to any more than a gentle shove..."

Gale Storm could only smile a bit in return.

"Hey, that reminds me..." He said. "I saw that you were able to use electricity as a power."

"Yes." Gale Storm said. "But, I'm one-of-a-kind with that thing around here, I hope."

"You never know..." Noedig thought out loud.

"What do you mean?" Gale asked.

"Ah, just my mind rambling." Noedig said. "Anyway..." He said, now looking at the boy, and once more reliving the painful memory for a whole second. "I wouldn't mean to disturb the young man standing over there anymore than what I am going say about the boy... ... The boy has wings. Fascinating! You must be the angel that... uh...?" Noedig said, looking at Gale Storm. "My name is Gale Storm." Gale Stormed said, introducing himself. "Right! He sort of mentioned you both in a way I didn't understand at first, until then I figured that out when seeing you both." He then looked over to the young adult, who is still gazing at Noedig with suspicion. "Are you-- which Gale Storm insinuated, an angel, too?" Noedig asked him, he's still not bothered by that seemingly young man.

"Yes, I am." Zed replied rather bluntly, studying the stranger for a bit longer. To be honest, the face mask and the sunglasses were starting to get to him, and he began to question why this... Neodig would rather cover his face. On the other hand, the man seemed sincere and polite enough, so there shouldn't be much of a reason to be so suspicious of him. The suspicious glare on the young man's face melted away rather quickly, before he stepped forward with a smile, extending his hand... by the gods, it had been ages since he had shaken hands with another humanoid. He had gotten so used to hooves. "Name's Zed. Nice to meet you." He said, the young man's normal polite stature returning. Alex would have done the same, but he was still just too surprised that there was actually someone else that looked like him. For as long as he could remember, he had always thought that he and his father were two of a kind, with the exception that Alex had wings. "Y-yeah... it's a pleasure." He added.

Luna turned at Noe when he adressed her. He had a point, they all spoke the same lenguage.

"It is rather interesting what you say. We do speak the same as you." Luna said calmly to him.

Lullaby looked at her, then at Noe. "Equestrian is the most spoken lenguage in all the planet." She started saying. "There are a few places they speam a different one also, but everypony speaks this one." She finally added. "As well as in the other world Twilght went to, so perhaps this is a quite common lenguage in different dimensions."

The lady horse says that their language is called Equestrian. Noedig has no clue what this other world is like, but we should know that it contains human beings with different pigmentation and hair color. Noedig, on the other hand, is what we consider Caucasian with brown hair. His pigmentation and natural hair coloring is like Zed and Alex as far as we know.
Noedig sees Zed giving out a hand, a familiar form of greeting.
"A familiar, welcoming gesture!" Noedig remarked, taking the handshake firmly with gratitude. "Nice to meet you two as well."
Gale Storm was busy thinking what this person is doing with a large, sheathed sword-saber.
"Did you bring that sword in case of trouble?" Gale Storm asked.
Noedig turned to look at him to respond.
"Ah, yes. If something ever came to try and kill me with no possible way out of it." He said, also gesturing his revolver, which Gale Storm doesn't know what it actually is. "I'd like to talk my enemies out of a situatuion, but they usually don't listen. So, I thought to myself long, long ago, 'Why not bring two different methods of persuasion in a talk?' That way, he-- or less likely she-- would understand the danger and reconsider their choice."
Noedig explained himself quite openly about it, which was probably the point. That was if any of them we're thinking of doing anything against him. But, we know they're not enemies.
"But, I'm sure you're all nice." Noedig said, trying to assure them. "So, there won't be a fight... I dearly hope."
"Alright..." Gale Storm said.
"Oh, I almost forgot..." Noedig said, secretly joking with himself. "Who may you two be?"
He asked the two darker alicorns.

Zed nodded and continued smiling before releasing his grip and also eyeing the weapons Noedig held with a bit more suspicion... only this time, there was a bit more curiosity hidden behind his gaze. He recognized the revolver almost immediately, and he even remembered using one quite a few times in his adventures. However, the sheathes sword thing was something he did not recognize. Perhaps he could learn more about it as he gets to know the man...

Luna blinked when Noe turned to her and her daughter.

"I am Princess Luna, princess of the Nigt and co-ruler of Equestria." Luna started saying, then ruffled Lullaby's mane, making her giggle.

"And this is my cute silly daughter. Midmight Lullaby~" she said smiling.

Lullaby giggled a bit more and hugged her.

Noedig now considered what her tiara was for, now that she said that she is a princess. He did not feel like a fool, but he did feel as if he could have been more formal about it.

"Princess Luna, and Midnight Lullaby." He repeated after her. "A pleasure to meet some royalties." He said.

Princess Celestia now decided to join up with the group. During Noedig's first contact, she notified her guards not to interfere and stand at the ready, since Gale Storm had it under control. But as it turns out, the human was not here to make trouble. During his introduction, once more she notified her guards to stand down, and they did so obediently.

In anycase, she's with them now.

"Princess Celestia." Gale said, bowing.

"Duke Gale." She responded, smiling habitually. "I see you've made another friend. It appears whenever men get into a fight, they turn out to be... well, let's just lightly say 'best of friends'."

"Forgive me, but we're not friends." Noedig informed her. "I mean, not that it wouldn't be a good thing. We've only just met..."

"Well..." Gale Storm said to him. "Then let's get to know each other. All of us"

Noedig only looked at Gale Storm with a mixed feeling of uncomfortable compliance and confusion.

"Alright." Noedig said to him. "What would you all like to know about me?"

Noedig then removed his sword-saber sash, backpack, and revolver belt and put them extra carefully on the floor by slowly putting down his sword flat on its side onto the floor, and his pack and belt next to it. He finally stood straight back up from what the others would consider an odd event. Gale wasn't sure why Noedig was acting so carefully like he was handling a volatile object.

"I won't bite." Noedig said.

Zed smiled and gave a small nod when Celestia approached. "Good evening, mother." He said politely, while still keeping a keen eye on Noedig, however this time his gaze carried less suspicion and more curiosity. Zed used to be a human as well, and had lived in a human world before becoming an angel following his death in a car accident that he remembered very vividly. However, he had a good idea that Noedig might not have been from the same human world that he remembered, but he decided to save his questions for later. Alex, however, was the first to bombard the stranger with a series of prying questions.

"Wait, so there's a whole world of people that look like me? We're not the only ones? What's this world like? How were you able to make this device of yours work? Are there other weapons like the ones you carry?" The boy asked, barely even taking a breath.

"Easy, there." Zed said softly.

Luna smiled. "Sister." She said with a soft voice before turning back to Noe as he spoke. What to know about him... so many question... but which ones can be asked right now?

Lullaby giggled softly at Alex's excitement, and smiled to him, gently patting his head. "Hey, calm down~" She said smiling to him, giggling a bit more.

Luna turned to the others before taking the iniciative.

"Actually, if may I ask, what can you tell us about yourself?" She started saying. "What is your age, where did you worked. That sort of stuff." She said. Perhaps with something simple...

Alex asked Noedig first, with many questions which were unusual to hear for Noedig. Like the child has never seen any other person than himself and his father, apparently.

"There are billions of us from where I live, and multiple more in any other verse, the same for these creatures." He answered. "The world is... difficult to explain, let's just say it's fine for now and that humans still rule it."

After hearing the question about his weapons and device, he decided to pick up his revolver, remove the bullets from the revolving piece, and present to the boy his unloaded revolver. It is a .50 revolver of his own design, which has a bayonet under the barrel. Noedig named this the Tonitru Ingessi, Powerful Thunder in other words.

"Since the portal device is new, I'm going to hold on that device and further information of it to myself. This, however, you may hold-- with Zed's permission." He said, still holding it out in case the boy may hold it. "Try not to cut yourself." He added.

Then Princess Luna asked him some questions. Normally, these questions would have been absolutely against the laws of temporal physics, but he's not in the world that is relevant to cause any temporal problems, so he felt he could tell some things about himself.

"Well, I'm self employed." He said to her. "I don't work for money or anyone. I work for myself, and help others when necessary. Although, I did use to work for someone else... but that's centuries ago."

"Centuries?" Celestia asked. "Do you really mean that?"

"Ah, yes. I do." Noedig said. "It was two hundred and sixty one years ago from now."

Celestia was curious, so was Gale Storm.

"How old are you, like my sister asked?" Celestia asked him.

"I am 1,547 years old." He said to her.

"... Do humans like you age this long?" She asked.

"No." he answered, then uncomfortably says, "I am... two-of-a-kind."

'Two-of-a-kind?' Celestia wondered in thought with her face looking concerned. 'Who is the other one?'

The two-of-the-kind are Noedig and Kronis. They're both similar in many ways, the only difference between the two is Kronis' corrosive effect on his mind and Noedig's permanent memory.

"Who is the other one?" She asked.

"A dead man..." He said grimly all of the sudden in a distasteful reaction. "One whose name I would disgust to say again. He's an enemy of man-kind and that's all you need to know. Forgive my manners, but it is really none of your business on that subject, Princess."

Gale Storm did not appreciate Noedig's response, but he sensed honesty in his words about the dead man being an "enemy of mankind".

Princess Celestia, feeling only a bit perturbed by his response, then replies, "Very well, Noedig." She says, now returning to her natural smiling. "We'll leave it at that..."

Princess Celestia is over 2,000 years old, and this man is only a few hundred years behind her...

"Do you go by any title?" She asked all of the sudden. "With your age, you must have some sort of title and fame, would you not?"

"Well, I'm not famous." Noedig said to her. "My title, however, has been made by story-makers from the old Hemmish (British) people from the medieval age... they named me the Antiquis."

"The Antiquis?" She asked.

"The Ancient, in Latin." He said.

"I see! It would suit anyone with over one thousand years of age." She replied. "Wonderful!"

"Indeed, Princess." He said.

Zed watched as Noedig emptied the bullets out of his revolver, before giving a nod and signalling that he was all right with Alex holding the unloaded gun. The boy nodded and looked at the weapon curiously, being mindful of the barrel even though it was unloaded. Even though he had never seen one before, the boy knew that it was a type of weapon that could fire a projectile at high speeds, which was enough of a reason to keep the barrel pointed away from anyone and himself. The boy handed the revolver back to the stranger, still eyeing it curiously. "It's a nice design."

Zed continued listening silently to the conversation going on, before something hit him. "Whoa! Wait a minute..." He said, his suspicious glare returning to the man. "So you're saying that you have this enemy, who is supposedly an enemy of mankind. Yet... you transport yourself to our world, knowing that you have said enemy." He paused. "Do you see where I'm going with this? What makes you think he won't follow you here, and wreck havoc on this world? Not that we would let him get very far, of course, but still..."

"Noedig is this true?" Celestia asked him.

Noedig shook his head in disagreement.

"Wait, Zed--" Gale said, but noticed Noedig was going to say something.

"You've misheard me." Noedig said to Zed. "I said he's a dead man. It's been sixteen years since that..." Noedig now recalls the memory for a split-second of the battle that took two days to kill Kronis. He still remembers shooting him in the face three times, the blood which spilled out of Kronis afterwards, the lifeless eyes that glared at Noedig's very soul, and the furious, scornful face that still hated Noedig postmortem. To insure that no one could attempt to make the slightest chance of reviving Kronis, he took his head and placed it in an anti-temporal chamber, when nothing in the past can be alternated by the future. "... Since that... morning." He finished with a disturbing recollection.

"Of course, I was going to say and I quote him, 'A dead man.' " Gale Storm said. "So let's not get off on the wrong hoof here any more, shall we? Besides, this is a rather uncomfortable discussion."

"... Yes, of course." Noedig said. "I'm only unable to return home for six days... so I might as well behave the best I can as a guest."

"Please do." Celestia said to Noedig.

"I will, with pleasure." Noedig said in response. "So, Zed, are you assured now? I didn't mean to offend you or anything."

Zed froze in place, blinking dumbly as Noedig explained himself. "Oh..." He said simply, before backing down and shaking his head at Noedig's last question. "No, no, I'm not offended or anything. When you said 'a dead man', I thought you meant that as a phrase saying you would kill him if given the chance, meaning that he was still alive. I didn't know you were being serious." The young man replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry about that..."

"Smooth..." Alex mumbled with a grin.

"Quiet, you."

Lullaby remained silent. She, by this point of her life studing medical magic, made her used to death. It was something she saw, and would see quite a lot.

She looked over to Alex and pulled her to a hug.

"Dont say that, little one." She said.

Luna just remained quiet.

"You're alright, Zed." Noedig said to him, assuring he's not holding anything against him, he then turned his attention to the boy, who was being hugged by Lullaby. "And thank you, it took me ten years to make this perform excellently."

"So, you said you won't be able to return home for six days, correct?" Celestia asked.

"Correct." He answered.

"Well, as much as you may feel the need to hide your face, you're welcome to stay here at my kingdom." She said. "We have some rooms suitable for guests such as yourself."

"I'll consider thinking about it." Noedig replied. "For now, I'm curious as to what's around here... I heard this is Canterlot, and that there is a place called Ponyville, and that this world is called Equestria."

"Are you interested in visiting Ponyville?" She asked. "I'm sure a former student of mine is willing to study you, her name is Princess Twilight Sparkle."

"Well, not at the moment, thank you." Noedig said, not wanting to be "studied". "This place still interests me. So far, everything here seems to have horse-related names. What are the other cities or places called?"

"We have cities named Fillydelphia and Manehatten." She replied.

"In a country called Dermanica, it has two states called Philadelphia and Manhatten." Noedig said to her. "We're quite relevant somehow."

"That is very strange..." Celestia remarked. "I believe we should discuss this some more later on."

"I'd be interested, Princess." Noedig said to her. "So, any suggestions as to what I'll be doing?"

"I'll leave that to Zed." Gale Storm said, leaving the group to attend something. "I need to visit a friend of mine. Good-bye."

"Good-bye, Gale." Celestia said.

"Uh, well... good-bye, then." Noedig said, a bit confused. Gale Storm had already flown off to visit Chrysalis to see how they're doing. "Well now... what will we be doing now, Zed?" He asked him politely.

"W-wait!" Zed called, but Gale was already gone. The young man gave a heavy sigh. It probably wouldn't be the first time they had left a random stranger in his hands. Of course, he couldn't be entirely annoyed. Now he had the chance to learn more about this man and possibly what became of his world since he was gone... that is, if Zed shared the same world as Noedig when he was human. "I'm not sure. Normally, this would be the part where I offer someone a drink and get to know them, if that's all right with you?"

Alex sighed as Lullaby pulled him into a hug, but did not pull away. "I guess I'll go flying for a bit."

"I will go with you and make sure you don't get in problems." Lullaby said to Alex as he let him go.

"I will look for my husband, he might be interested in speaking with you, and should know also about you." Luna said to both. "He is at the training area at the side of the castle, you can come if you wish." She added

Noedig would like to get to know Zed, and Princess Luna would like to introduce him to her husband.

"Well, a drink wouldn't be so bad..." Noedig said to Zed, and then saying to Luna, "Perhaps he could meet with us to drink, Princess? Considering the time of day, which I hope I'm right about, it would be a good time for a break."

"Then it's settled." Celestia said to him. "Darkness will join us for a break from the training area... let's go visit the local pub."

"A pub?" Noedig asked. "Forgive me if this sounds short-sighted, but you don't seem the kind of lady that would go there."

"You're right; I don't drink or really go to pubs." She replied. "I'm just willing to get to know you."

"Ah... well, that's kind of you." Noedig said. "Thank you."

"Verily." She said. "Since you'll be buying for him, Zed, I'll just participate in conversations." She then smiled at him, saying, "No need for your dear mother to get drunk and embarrass you."

As unusual as this looked to Noedig, he now does believe Celestia has raised Zed to some extent... or that's what he thinks. Why else would she call herself his mother?

She chuckled softly, "In any case, let's move. See you later, dear sister."

Noedig followed Celestia, and Celestia had Zed to follow her to this pub that is located in the good streets of Canterlot, there it is called the Summer Froth, where mid to high class of society could enter in affordability.

Noedig was not fond of social statuses and money, since it is trivial and often abused... but who knows? Maybe it isn't so bad here.

As they entered the place, the ponies and staff were surprised to see another man standing with Celestia and Zed. And even more surprising seeing Celestia here.

"A table for five, please." Celestia asked the bartender. "We have a new guest, so I'd like to make him feel welcome here in Canterlot."

The bartender, a middle-aged mare, came up to meet them herself and bowed.

"Your Highness!" She said. "What a surprise! Please, by all means, you and they are all welcome here! This way." The bartender guided them to an open spot for all three with two or more open seats to sit on.

"Thank you." She said, sitting down first. "Take a seat, gentlemen."

Noedig complied, sitting next to Celestia. After doing so, he looked sideways to see her smiling warmly at him, which made him feel very awkward. He looked the other way to look at Zed.

"Well, don't leave me alone here..." He said. "I think she may want to consume my soul with that face."

Realizing it's a joke, she giggled in her thought.

Zed would not allow Alex into a pub until he was old enough, so the boy only nodded and took off in a bit of a hurry. It seemed that he might want a few hours to soak everything in. Zed himself followed Celestia and Noedig silently to the well-known Summer Froth, one of the young man's personal favorites. He gave a light chuckle at Celestia's comment, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yes... please don't do that." He said, shaking his head. They walked into the bar and were met with the normal greetings from the bartender. Normally, they would insist that Zed's drinks be on the house, yet the angel always refused the offer, and is known for his generosity in leaving large tips. These pubs work hard to keep themselves up and running, and he didn't see it right for them to give away drinks to him just because he was a prince, and one of the main protectors of this world. He sat down on one side of Noedig, while his mother sat on his other side. Hearing the joke, Zed couldn't help but chuckle. "Pfft! After twenty some-odd years of being her son, I'm used to it by now." He said, propping his chin up on the table by his elbow. "It's a lot better than the faces she gives me whenever I start swearing."

Lullaby out Alex on her back and trotted away into the city with him, as it was faster to carry him.

Luna smiled to the group before trotting off to yhe training ground for her stallion.

Noedig did not understand the total extent of what Zed was saying about him swearing in front of her, only that he knows in some way not to swear in front of your own mother. Because, oh my Celestia, wouldn't that be disturbing if he already did know the full extant of it?

Celestia chuckled softly with such royal grace. "I see you're somewhat comfortable so far." She said to Noedig.

Noedig shrugs slightly and replies, "Everything I've seen so far is just as familiar as my world, just with ponies instead of humans."

"How are we so alike? Such a wonderful mystery about the laws of reality." She remarked.

"Indeed." Noedig said to her. He already has grasped the concepts of such things like this. Such things cannot exist without variety and similarities. Their minds can only view the multiverse as chaos.

Speaking of chaos...

A puff of smoke pops up out of nowhere between Celestia and Noedig, a small draconeqqus smooches Celestia on the cheek and another one smooch attempted on Noedig. By pure reaction, Noedig dodges the kiss by backing off, almost ready to strike back.

"Who do we have here?!" Discord exclaims. He approaches Noedig slowly, and grows to his normal size while doing it. "Don't worry..." He says, who then circled behind Noedig in a different appearance, having no teeth. "I wond bide!" He mumbles. His teeth pop out, revealing his true set of teeth. "Well... that depends."

Noedig has listened to this bizarre creature for a moment, he recalls seeing a sci-fi TV show which has a voice like Discord, and a power like Discord... but wackier.

"Are you... Q?" Noedig says to him, in a confused manner.

"Q?" Discord says, surprised to hear that from this man. "How did you know his-- You know what? Don't worry about that... My name is Discord!" He said to him. "I am the spirit of disharmony! I plague chaos upon anyone... anywhere, anywhen, anyhow!"

Celestia pretended to clear her throat. "Who is actually a friend." She said, telling Noedig the truth. "Forgive him, he means you no harm, really."

"I-I... I think I can handle him." Noedig replies to her. He then looks at Discord, who was looking back at him with... special eyes of sorts. "... My name is Noedig." He says to Discord. "A pleasure to meet you, I hope."

"Indubitably!" Discord says to him. "I see you've already met a similar species like yourself..." Discord remarked.

"Actually, I'm just a human." He says to him. "Even though we look the same, he's an angel, apparently."

"Oh, I see!" He says. "So... do you believe in angels? 'Cuz I'm finding it hard to understand why he's still standing there, because I'm thinking of angels with immense disbelief, so--"

"Discord..." Celestia interrupted him. "Please, enough of your shenanigans for now. What are you doing here?"

"Oh! Well, Princess..." He says. "I believe it is quite obvious as to why I'm here... we have a new guest, don't we?" He hovers around him like a cartoon cloud. "So, like anypony would think, 'Who is this man?' "

He stops hovering around him and stood back on the ground. "But I already heard all that since he got here... I just wanted to make a fuss, is all!"

"I see..." Noedig replies. "You are definitely like someone I've seen..."

Alex sighed and allowed Lullaby to carry him into the city, lost in thought. "Can you believe this?" He asked, scratching the back of his head. "Another humanoid... and as it turns out, there's a whole world of them! I'm confused as to why Dad would never mention something like that to me..." He gave another heavy sigh and slumped a bit. He knew about the whole realm of angels like him and his father thanks to his uncle Gale, but he had never heard of a whole world of humans.

Zed crossed his arms and leaned back into his chair as he waited patiently for his drink to arrive. "Our worlds are very much alike indeed, in regard of civilization. Though, the human world is more technologically advanced than this one, as it would seem that this world is set back at least a century when it comes to advanced technology." The young man's expression suddenly went bitter, and he lowered his voice in only what could mimic disgust. "There's also a major difference in the world leaders. While this one is run by three graceful princesses and a number of princes including myself, the human world - At least, the human world I was in - has many more leaders... and most of them are corrupted--" He was suddenly interrupted by the rather unexpected entry of a certain draconeqqus. "Hey, Discord!" Zed replied rather cheerfully, discontinuing his rantings. He and Discord were indeed great friends, and have been ever since Zed first arrived in Equestria. After all, Discord was one of the party members that had helped him out of the Everfree forest where he had crash-landed. He didn't know what it was, other than the fact that the angel had quite a sense of humor, and very much enjoyed the chaos that the draconeqqus caused. "No love for the angel, hm? I see how it is." He chuckled.

Archived