The Antiquis visits Equestria (Closed!)

Noedig

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discord disappeared in a puff of smoke and popped up next to Zed.

"No love? Absolutely not!" He says, and then disappeared again in a puff of smoke to hover around Noedig once again, who was currently distracted by it. However, the real Discord shrunk to the size of a penny and wiggled in behind Zed's ear flap to whisper to him, "So, here's what I'm going to do... I'm going to give him a nice 'welcoming gift' by summoning him against a terrifying monster to pit against! I'd like to see him in action so we can know what he can do!" He then sighs a bit. "That is if he'll agree..."

Noedig is somewhat not amused by Discord's swimming around him... "Will you please stop that, sir?"

Discord snaps his little fingers and dismisses his duplicate, and pops himself next to Zed, laying his elbow on Zed's shoulder.

"Noedig, my friend! Pal... buddy..." Discord rambles.

"Yes, Discord?" Noedig says, not liking where things may go.

"I have a curious thing in my mind, see?" Discord says to him. "Wanna know what it's asking so many times?"

Noedig raises his right eyebrow and folds his arms together. "What would that be?" He asked.

"You look like a fighter..." Discord explains. "You've got big, deadly toys and some sort of 'veteran' feeling coming out of you... I hope somepony noticed that!"

"I've never consider that, Discord..." Celestia said to him. "What's your question?"

"My question... well, rather a request..." He says to Noedig, snapping his finger once more to appear next to Noedig, with a paper showing life insurance. "Would you like to fight a terrible, evil monster?"

"... That's what you're asking?" Noedig asked. "What's with the paper?"

"Discord!" Celestia said, obviously upset.

Discord ignored Celestia for a good reason. "The paper is a Discord-sealed, guaranteed life insurance! If you agree to fight the monster, you may sign this insurance for ultimate safety, meaning it will be my responsibility to keep you safe!"

Noedig was curious... Discord smirked devilishly. "It isn't a permanent deal, as it is only be valid for this fight!"

A waitress came up to their table with special drinks, paid by Zed. "Here are your drinks, your Majesties!"

Noedig looks at the waitress, who also looks back at Noedig. He takes the drinks off her serving platform and set it down. "Thank you, miss." He said.

"Uh... yes! Anytime!" She said, now excusing herself. "Your Majesties..." She resumed her work to serve the other ponies' drinks.

"So, Noedig..." Discord said, wiggling the insurance as it flaps a bit. "What do you say?"

Noedig sat back down between Zed and Celestia. "I would like to say that I want to enjoy my drink provided by Zed here." He said, taking down his face mask to take a sip from the mug.

Discord seemed disappointed. "Oh..." He said.

Noedig finished his sip and puts the mug back down. "... Then I'll fight the monster."

Discord lightened up, happy to hear that. "Wonderful! What joy!" He exclaimed.

"But after Princess Luna has introduced her husband to me." He said to him. "It would be rude of me to ignore her wish."

"Of course!" Discord said. "You just sign this here and I'll leave you fine ponies and gentlemen to your business! You can summon me back by saying, 'Tricky-no-jutsu!' "

"... Okay." Noedig said. "I'll see you later, then."

"Of course!" He said. then turned back to naughtily smooch Celestia on the cheek and nudge Zed's elbow. "Can't wait!" And then he disappears until further notice.

Celestia slowly shook her head at his kiss and sighs. "I hope he'll stop doing that."

Zed blinked in surprise upon hearing Discord's plan, unsure of exactly how he should respond. He was about to dismiss the idea when, to his response, Noedig actually agreed! "Ah... well, then..." He said, before distracting himself for a moment by paying for the drinks brought to the table, before smiling and politely thanking the waitress. Zed crossed his arms and watched as Discord excitedly disappeared, before bringing his cup to his lips and taking a sip of the delicious red wine. "The monsters that Discord summons are... unique, to say in the least." He said, setting the glass back down. "I've had to go against a few of them myself." He turned to Noedig. "You know, if you're up for it, I could offer you a bit of competition. The shortest time it's taken me to take down one of his beasts was about thirty-six seconds."

Noedig has fought many great beings in his life, whether it be ancient dragons, mystical golems, or terrible aliens, most of which he has fought by himself.

He hasn't fought for the sake of sport, it's a duty he still partakes to defend humankind.

Although he doesn't know what these monsters are like, he is intrigued that Zed has been able to take down a beast in about thirty-six seconds.

"Thirty-six seconds..." Noedig repeated after him, and then took another sip of the wine in his mug. "That is a very good time record."

He was thinking about whether or not he should consider the competition. "Hmm...as long as things don't go out of hand, I don't see why not. But, I would like a warm-up for starters, though."

"So, this is wher they came..." Darkness said as he followed Luna to where the thers where. She opened the door and walkied inside along him, looking around for them before finding them. "Oh, there you are." She said as she lead Darkness to them, but couldn't help to notice Discord was also there. Just what they needed...

​Darkness saw Discord and sighed, then an unknown... creature that looked similar to Zed. "Who is him..." he whispered to Luna as they walked over to them.
"The one I told you about." Luna whispered back as they neared.

​"Hello again~" She said grinning to all of them.

Darkness just smiled and smiled to them.

Zed grinned and absentmindedly took another sip from his wine glass, quite excited that Noedig would consider beating his all-time record. It may be a little bit sad, the fact that the young man has turned the act of defeating monsters into some sort of game, considering how long he has been doing it. Given how insane some of the monsters that Discord throws out, it was highly impossible that this stranger would be able to pull off such a feat. However... if Noedig was actually able to do it, then he would have gained a massive amount of the angel's respect. He suddenly caught sight of Luna and Darkness, waving to them and scooting a bit to the side to make room for them. "Hey, there!"

Luna smiled to them as they approached.

"Uhm..." Darkness said, looking somewhat insecure to Luna, who simply nodded with a soft grin in her face.

Darky nodded.back and turned to Noe. "Darkness Knight, sir." He said with a soft grin.

"Good to meet you, Darkness Knight." Noedig said to him, and then sat back down to his seat. "Come, both of you have a seat please!"

Noedig resumed his bit of drinking.

"So, sister and Darkness." Celestia said to them. "Discord came by to greet him."

"He then offered some sort of monster battle." Noedig added.

"That's right." Celestia said. "And it will happen after we are finished here."

"Now in the meantime," Noedig said to them, "we can get to know each other."

Noedig took one last sip, finishing his mug. He only desired one for now.

"So, who are you people and what are your specific roles here?" Noedig asked.

Zed shrugged and tapped his index finger on the lip of his wine glass, thinking that now would be a good time for him to start off. "Well, you all ready know who I am. As for what I do, well..." He bit his lip. "I'm technically a prince, since I was adopted by Celestia. But I guess you could say that I'm the backbone behind this land's defense. If there's something threatening the safety of the locals here, then it's my job to go out and nutralize the threat and keep everyone safe. In my twenty-two years of being here, I've chased out monsters, dragons, these wooden canines that they call Timberwolves, thwarted assassination plans, and brought down quite a few organizations intent on doing dastardly things." He took a sip from his glass and grinned. "Had you been a threat, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Well... that is if my uncle didn't get to you first."

Princess Luna sat on the chair next to Celestia, and Darkness beside Luna, then she cuddled him from behind.

Darkness gently snuggled Luna and smiled to Noe.

"Oh well, where to start~" Darky said smiling.

"Well, my wife takes care of almost everything night related, and I help her usually." He started explaining.

Luna smiled. "My job goes from just from rising the moon every night, as well as moving the starts, organizing the night guards, to what my husband does mostly." She said smiling

"Well, you know my name, I hope." Celestia said to him after the others have spoken. "My name is Princess Celestia. My role is being a co-ruler of Equestria, alongside with my sister, Luna. Like she said, she raises and lowers the Moon. I raise and lower the Sun. There are other Princesses like us, but they play different roles, each just as important as ours."

Noedig listened carefully to Zed, Luna, Darkness Knight, and Celestia, he was a bit fascinated.

"A little hard to take in, moving the Moon and especially the Sun." He said. "But, I'll take the benefit of the doubt on that... those are powerful abilities, and Darkness helping his wife with this is absolutely commendable."

He put his already finished mug aside, he then looks at Zed with a little bit of curiosity. "Probably, indeed..." He said, he then stood up. "Okay, I'm good to go."

"Already?" Celestia asked. "In that case, let's see how well you do in a battle against one of Discord's 'preferred' monsters."

"I'm waiting to find out." He replied. "Well, let's begin..."

Noedig had the others to follow him just outside the building's entrance.

He followed Discord's instruction.

"Tricky-no-jutsu!" He cited.

A giant puff of smoke appeared out of nowhere, obviously being Discord.

"You bellowed, master?" He playfully said to him. "I see we have someponies who want to join us!"

"Correct, Discord." Princess Celestia. "I'm curious about this man's capabilities, since he openly agreed to test himself against your monster. Zed would also like to compete. Is that alright?"

"Of course it is!" He said. "You're all welcome to try my monsters, but remember, I only agreed to assure his safety." He said, meaning Noedig. "But, I can assure Zed's as well... as for anyone else, it's at your own risk! Haha!"

"I won't need to participate..." Celestia said, who then activated her magical horn to lower the Sun from dusk to night. Noedig was convinced to an extent that it was her doing. "Thank you, though."

"If you insist..." Discord said to her, he then put his attention to Noedig. "So, pal... will you be needing your things, or do you want to go like this?"

"I won't need my things or my weapons, I hope." He said. "But, I do want to bring my stuff with me, just in case I actually do."

"No problem!" Discord said before snapping his finger. His things flashed out of nowhere, hovering in the air. Discord was having some slight trouble suspending one of Noedig's things in the air... which was the saber-sword. He smirked, wondering if Noedig could actually catch it in time. "Whoops." He said, releasing the saber-sword's suspension.

Noedig took a brief moment of confusion and immediately intercepted the fall to prevent the sword from hitting the stone floor. He caught it by the handle and carefully raised it back up.

"I'm so sorry, that was my mistake!" Discord said to him. "I must say, that one was tricky to hold..."

Noedig put his sword on his back and then replied to Discord. "That's alright."

Celestia eyed Discord with suspicion. Discord eyed back at her with playful innocence.

"I'm ready." Noedig said.

"Wonderful!" He said, snapping his finger once more to summon a portal. "This portal leads to the battlefield..." and snapped his finger again with his other hand, showing another portal. "And this one leads to the spectating booth for the battlefield, refreshments provided! See you all there..." Discord disappeared in a puff of smoke shortly after the last statement.

Noedig looks at Zed and said, "Let's have some fun, then." Noedig took his things with him through the portal.

Noedig took a step in, and immediately he sees a very wide, grassy valley, in the setting of nighttime. This place looked naturally beautiful.

Up ahead in a few hundred yards was a humongous, silhouetted cage. It was one hundred and seventy-eight feet tall, and two times that in width. It had two doors... which seems to be holding two monsters. The monsters inside were rattling the case with thunderous bangs and deep roars... what in Equestria could they be?

"Behold!" Discord said with an omniscient voice in the sky. "These creatures were the baddest boys I struggled to contain! They destroyed many cities over the millennia, which up to this point they're practically myths to modern society! They're brothers to the end, pals before gals! But they work by themselves, so just in case Zed REALLY wants to fight, he may take the second monster!"

Celestia, already through the spectator's portal, has heard the whole thing thus far... "You caged these monsters without telling us that you've already caught them?"

"Not to worry, my dear... They're perfectly contained in a space of my own!" Discord said, still being the voice in the sky. "Anyway! Know this: These monsters are no natural creatures... for they are demons! That's right, demons! Summoned by the first generation of atrocious sorcerers of olden days! These demons used to be cuddly little baby-sized things, you know... now look how big they've grown!"

"I can't see them..." Noedig said, hoping Discord heard that.

"Yet!" Discord replied. "Oh, just you wait and see! Whenever you're both ready, Noedig will just say... 'TO BATTLE!' "

Noedig waited to see if Zed will still consider fighting. "I will go on if you won't." He said, taking off his trench-coat and pale-cyan shirt, leaving only his dark gray cyperpunk hoodie vest on. "But I'm sure you're going to join."

Noedig made a fist with his right hand and smacked his left hand palm. "Ready?"

Zed gave a curt nod, before finishing the last of his wine and setting the empty glass off to the side, listening to Noedig's response to hearing the major responsibilities his mother and aunt had. Years ago, Zed once moved a planet around the size of the moon, and it had left him completely drained of energy... in fact, it might have been one of those times he nearly lost his life. The very thought of moving an entire moon or the sun was enough to make him cringe, considering how much larger they were than the measely meteor he moved. The young man watched as the stranger summoned Discord, who appeared out of thin air with usual. However, Zed blinked in surprise when Celestia suddenly mentioned that he also wanted to participate. "Um..." He wanted to say something, but was unable to interrupt with everyone speaking at once. Before he knew it, there were two portals, with Noedig walking through the one that would lead to the arena. Zed sighed and gave a shrug, before following soon after.

Zed looked around curiously at the strangely beautiful scenery, which more or less confused the young man. He could have sworn that the portals would lead to some sort of Hell-like realm, or a realm where absolutely made no sense. Either way, Zed let out a sigh, before unzipping his leather jacket and taking it off, revealing a rather boring and casual t-shirt underneath, until they saw it was signed in ink from a black marker. At the moment, it would be unreadable due to the darkness. However, the deep scars on the young man's arms were a bit more visible. He gave a nod to Noedig. "I could use the exercise, to be honest." He said, before his right hand suddenly burst into flames. "Ready!"

Zed's flames have perturbed Noedig internally, which reminded Noedig of Kronis's flames. Which has once more rushed many memories of that horrid man... fortunately, Noedig did not show his private agitation to Zed. Zed did not need to know about Noedig's enemy, because Noedig already understands he's not Kronis. In due time, Noedig's recollection of Kronis will slide away whenever he sees Zed like this, replacing the hateful old flame with the comfortable, new flame. After hearing Zed saying that he's ready, Noedig then said to Discord. "TO BATTLE!" He shouted.

"Let's RrrrRRUMBLLLLLE!!!" Discord spoke in a booming voice.

The huge cage doors unlock, the inner cages are still silhouetted, making the demons very difficult to notice... but that was a short-lived suspense.

Noedig's opponent reached a hand out to hold the cage door... it slowly opened the door. Noedig noticed that his opponent's hand was leathery and muscular, it has external bones poking out of its knuckles and claws at the tip of its fingers.

"Interesting..." Noedig said quietly.

The demon then calmly walked out of the cage... unexpected, due to the previous time when it was banging the invincible cage so recklessly. Its legs were like those of fauns, its chest was muscular, slight fat in the belly, a general maroon color to its whole appearance, and finally, it had a head of a bull, with ram's horns instead of bull's, and eyes of a hawk colored green. It shows no genitals and nipples, as it is not natural for demons to breed.

The giant demon looked around in this strangely calm valley. It snorted heavily, seemingly furious. The snort blew out a dark yellow sort of smoke, somehow. "Who hath... cageth... me..." It said, with a deep, foreign, ancient accent. "... and... my... brother?"

Discord flashed-popped out of nowhere in front of the demon. "I did!" He said. "I must say, you were a hard catch! I tried my best to capture you both by surprise... and it worked so well with a fictional, imaginatively obnoxious town of fooglehorns and hogglefrits!"

The demon was not surprised to see the draconequus pop out of nowhere. "So... thou hath... madeth some... ruckus... at... u--... us?"

"Kuh... K-kuh.... kuh--... kuhrrect!" He mocked the demon. "You're demons... you don't care for innocent lives being destroyed... so I've sentenced you here where you may get executed! To go back from whence you came..."

"It is... horrible... to be... monsters..." It said. "I... taketh... pleasure from... that." It then slowly chuckled in a lowly tone at its own little sick joke.

"I see..." Discord said. "You've proven my point." Discord then teleported away and stood between Noedig and Zed. "These are your executors!" Discord shouted to the demons, he then spoke normally to the two contenders. "That is... if Zed's willing... if not, I'll just detain the second one."

"Demons like him?" Noedig said. "My, he's too large... it would be my duty to bring damnation to him and the other demon, if need be."

"Oh?" Discord said. "Are you a saint or something?"

"No." He said. "I'm just a temperament against evil."

"... Whatever you say, holy crusader... enjoy!" Discord said, then disappearing.

"Alright..." He said to Zed. "So, the demon's got a lot of muscle and likely a significant amount of brain in him. I can't judge a character by its speech. That sort of thing is a fatal mistake... so, I'm going to test that demon. See you."

After saying "see you", Noedig has disappeared in a large, booming dash. Noedig's steps quake the ground, his speed is four times faster than that of a cheetah, which is roughly 380 mph. Noedig has his saber-sword on his back, which is what's causing Noedig's terrifying, vibrating footsteps.

The demon sees and feels this small creature approaching it really fast. It notices Noedig's aggression, but doesn't understand Noedig's intention. The demon makes fists to prepare an earth-quaking eruption towards Noedig.

Noedig sees its fists, and can only assume a few moves... but he keeps on charging forward, waiting to see what will happen.

"RrrRAAAUGH!" The demon yells. Its fists clamped together and smashed the ground at Noedig. It was faster than it appeared to be; A slow-speaker, but a furiously fast fighter for a giant.

"I see..." Noedig said, seeing the incoming earths breaking apart at him. But before it reached him, Noedig jumped slightly in the air and then bent his legs forward and together. As he descends to the ground, his legs push against the ground with a thunderous boom, leaving an impact mark from where he jumped the second time. He's forty feet above the demon and seventy yards away. His flight descends once again, but it will be intercepted by the demon's height.

The demon understands this creature is fast... and realizes it will pack a punch. But it won't back down... in fact, it will enjoy crushing him. The demon sees him approaching fast from above, it wants to hit him sideways with a hard slap from the back of its hand. The creature withdraws its hands to conceal its intended action... which makes it a guessing game for Noedig. Noedig does have two seconds to guess, but that wouldn't matter...

Noedig was several feet away from the arm-length of the creature, and that's when it began its strike.

The demon swiped its right hand out at Noedig's altitude. "HAH!" It barked. Noedig raised his arms to guard his right side. The demon hit Noedig with a hard, slapping sound... but he felt heavier than the demon guessed he would feel like.

It certainly stopped Noedig's forward momentum and got moved sideways by and with the demon's furious speed, but the sideways momentum just dropped dead. Noedig just dropped down like one hundred tons of weight on top of its right hoof.

It cracked the demon's hoof a bit with a boom. The demon roared in pain, backing up from the utter ridiculous confusion of it all.

Noedig jumped away from it's hoof, leaving a little more damage after the drop.

"RRARGH!" It roared. "Thy... possibility... it negates... reality!"

"I'm not of this world!" Noedig said sternly, receiving a scratch of damage. He then spoke in a low and grim tone, saying "... And neither are you."

"Rrrr....." The demon understands the creature... and it seems like it now realizes that this creature is familiar with demons. But to what extent? Certainly, Noedig doesn't know Lucifer's power like it does. It does not even pale to that of Lucifer's power... it is but a mere few grains of sand to Lucifer's desert of power. "Brother..." He said to the one still in the cage. "Come out..." The first one and the second one have long already sensed an angel's presence since they came in from a portal. "Deal... with thee. The broken... angel."

There was a moment of confusion when the supposed demon in the first cage calmly pushed the door open and walked out, despite how enraged it seemed when it was trapped and pounding on the cage door. Immediately, Zed thought this demon to be a Minotaur, but that theory was shot down when he realized the difference in appearance this one had to the Minotaurs he had fought in the past. Either way, it wouldn't matter. These beings gave off a dark energy that seemed to suffocate the young man, and he knew that there would be no way out of this, despite his dislike for killing.

Zed watched in awe as Noedig faced the first demon with amazing speed and agility that seemed to prove the man's capability, and for a second caused the angel to question his own experience. Of course, Zed was naturally fast and strong, given his race. However, the fact that Noedig was.... well, supposedly human, and able to break a demon's hoof in less than a few seconds of a fight was enough to make the younger man wonder how much less experienced he would be if he wasn't an angel.

Zed's thoughts were interrupted when a flash of anger coursed through him when the first demon mentioned a broken angel, and he clenched his fists tightly in response, before taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. Just for that, I think I'll break an arm or two. He thought, staring intently at the second demon. The beast lumbered out, liberated from the confines of its cage and staring at Zed with an expression that seemed to be a mixture of fury and bloodlust, which only made the young man roll his eyes in annoyance. The beast looked mostly similar to his brother, aside from the more purplish color to it.

"Ah... thou speaketh the truth... when thy said... 'broken'." The beast said in a deadly whisper. "This one... hath no wings."

"You know, it's rude to talk about someone when they're right in front of you." Zed responded, glaring at the demon.

The beast gave a low chuckle and approached even closer to the angel... whether it was going to attack him or just trying to intimidate him, Zed couldn't be sure, but he readied himself for the former. "I see... thou art more powerful than a normal angel... Protective, kind, and caring... but still a broken angel nonetheless..."

Without warning, the beast sent a large fist toward the boy's jaw, but Zed immediately reacted, merely stepping aside to narrowly avoid the blow. Immediately, Zed countered with an elbow strike to the demon's ribs, putting his entire weight behind it. The blow was only enough to make the beast stumble a step, due to the young man's normal lack of body weight. However, it bought him enough time to leap backwards and gain a bit of distance. With the hand that was still engulfed in flames, he aimed at the beast, wasting no time in blasting a seemingly endless inferno. In all honesty, Zed was unsure if it would even affect the demon at all. Still, it was worth a try.

While Zed and his opponent have just begun, the maroon demon glared at his opponent in unholy hatred.

"Whatever... thy name... really is..." It says to Noedig. "I... shall calleth... thou... Exosus."

"Hated?" Noedig replied, translating it. "Fine. I'll call you... Bloody."

The monster did not care, all Bloody knows is that is what Noedig will call it.

With that small conversation put aside, Bloody charged forward in wrath, causing great thuds. Noedig decides to back away to see how fast Bloody can really move.

By backing away, Noedig began running in a fast-paced manner. Bloody only sees Noedig running, and doesn't understand what for. It just assumed for now that he is running in caution. Bloody growled and picked up the pace, its movement is astonishing for a tall creature, it almost moves its body as fast as a regular person does, which is some seriously dangerous agility for a giant.

"Impressive..." Noedig thinks out loud. "Never met a giant that can move almost just as well as a regular person... time for one last test."

Noedig was thinking of running through Bloody, between the legs and see how much reaction time it has. So, Noedig instantly stopped and jumped backwards, making him turn his body 180 degrees. Bloody noticed Noedig turn back and heading toward him. Noedig approached him in a quick pace, and Bloody had just started to stop. Noedig was just a dozen yards away. Bloody sees that he is going through it between its legs. Bloody decided to cross its left leg behind its right leg to intervene Noedig. But, Noedig has already tested its reaction time... Bloody is a little too slow. So, Noedig jumped jumped the left leg and passed under Bloody. Bloody just realizing it did not work, it began to turn around just before it heard a boom.

But by the time it turned around at the speed of a regular person, Noedig was already coming at him, right hand clenched as a fist. Bloody was a little too slow to protect itself now, for Noedig was about to hit its nose area.

At a rocket's speed, Noedig crashed into Bloody's bullish nose, punching it. Noedig's momentum and his saber-sword's weight alternator made Bloody knock up in the air by twelve feet.

Bloody doesn't know why this man is able to hurt it so badly. A single, regular man's weight cannot push that hard with that speed unless... Bloody just realized something. This man can manipulate his weight somehow. The question is, how is the man able to move with such weight? Noedig knows the answer to that, but he has always kept that information to himself and shared it with no one else but one person. That one person is not important right now, for Noedig is battling a humongous demon.

Bloody has been sucker-punched by Noedig. Tossing it slightly backwards and up. It grunted in some pain. But that did not stop Bloody from counterattacking. As Noedig was still on its front nose, it decided to capture it with its hands.

Noedig knows this demon has slick agility, and noticed its determined, cunning eyes. Something was going to happen, and Noedig did not like it.

Bloody clasped its hands together in a swift clap, seemingly crushing Noedig. "HAH!" It barked. Bloody already knows its weight is way heavier than usually... and honestly, it can only hold him in it's grasp for a short while. The weight is incredibly unrealistic to Bloody!

It began to squeeze Noedig who is now entrapped between its palms. "Die... EXOSUS!" It roared, trying really hard to crush Noedig in its grip. "SUFFOCATE!"

Noedig could only grunt his words. "What could possibly happen next?" Noedig thought out loud. "Oh... Ngh... that's right..."

Bloody's hands were glowing slowly from within... the heat was feeling warmer than usual. It stared in confusion. What is happening within it's grip? It did not want to lose its grip on Noedig, so it kept trying to crush Noedig.

A small buzz began to rise, and the glow between its hand was getting brighter, and hotter... the demon is used to this sort of heat, for special reasons. Plus, it came from the burning pits of Hell, of all places. "DIE!" It roared. The small buzz grew louder, the glow even brighter, bright enough to notice its bones and Noedig's body shape. The buzz sounded like something that would come from electricity.

"Oh... no." It said. It had to guess Noedig was going to shock him somehow. And it will.

Noedig had built up some electricity for some time, and decided it was enough.

"Now there's... ngh... a SHOCKER!" Noedig shouted. Electric charges seeped out of the opening cracks of Bloody's palms. The demon couldn't let go, as it was involuntarily gripping together... but that didn't make things worse for Noedig, as the energy Noedig built up made an aura around his body to protect him from its grip.

Bloody roared in agony, its body brightened erratically, leaving its bones only visible to see from its shocking demise. This charge went on for six seconds... and when the charge finally died out, Bloody's grip have softened... its skin was singed and roasting, its face appalled from the pain, and it was not moving. It couldn't move.

Noedig crawled out of its grip, and by the time he came out he then threw his saber-sword out and away from the battle, tossing it away in a far distance... Noedig was facing the demon with a grim look, disguised from his facemask and shades, and Bloody could only look back... incapable of moving for now. His saber-sword was still flying away in the air, meanwhile, Noedig took his facemask down and his shades up.

The demon sees his whole face, which looked grim... Noedig's face portrayed to Bloody that he will send the demon back to Hell. Bloody was still incapable of moving... but it mustered effort to talk.. maybe catch his opponent off guard.

"Exosus... thou art... un--... unnatural..." It said, pained from speaking. "God's... child.... hath... tainted... His body."

"You don't speak for God. Plus, you don't know me." He said, understanding its intention to discourage him. The sword began its descent, falling fast. "Read me up in your spare time later. Now... you'll fall."

The sword struck the ground, creating another big earthquake. The earthquake moved the demon to shift its body backwards, falling on its back. Noedig held onto its clasped hands with his right hand to ride the fall... the demon fell hard on its back. It grunted from the fall, Bloody still sees Noedig, who is hanging on its immovable hands, feet standing on its wrists... it still cannot move.

"And now..." Noedig said, reaching his left arm out. His hand is spread open and then formed a claw... the tip of his fingers were surging electricity, all currents hitting each other to form a centered mass of energy. The energy grew bigger and erratic, it is forming a deadly, dense mass. Bloody isn't afraid of this... it'll only be spiritually sent back to Hell. It did its purpose, and felt sick pleasure to the end of its career here.

The energy formed into a pale, cyan ball, which shone softly and whistled eerily.

"... To Bloody Hell with you." Noedig said, at last. Bloody caught the terrible pun, and began to laugh, mouth open. The energy ball fell from Noedig's grasp and dropped into its mouth. The demon choked, it cut off its laughter. The choke obliterated the demon into a white glow, and blew apart with bits of energy, which eventually dissipated. It kept the gore out of Noedig's execution.

The monster was sent back to Hell. Noedig fell from where it used to be its hands, and landed feet first. He then stood up, feeling slightly spent. He walked off to fetch his sword, also watching Zed do his thing.

"Good luck, kid." He said quietly about Zed, actually thinking out loud again. "I'm very sure you'll beat it."

For the time being, Zed was too focused on his own opponent to care about what was going on in the showdown next to him. Every once in a while, he would steal a glance in Noedig's direction to make sure that the man was holding his own. As he half expected, Noedig was doing quite well for his fist time with one of Discord's monsters. Zed took a deep breath and continued focusing on his own enemy, who's form was completely blocked out by the seemingly endless flames surrounding it. After a moment, he ended the cannon of hell fire and shook his hand a few times to put out the flames that still harmlessly lingered on his skin, staring at the bonfire in front of him. The young man stumbled a bit from the loss of energy, clenching and relaxing his fists.

Suddenly, the purple demon charged out of the raging inferno straight at him, his skin badly burnt along with other parts of his body still ablaze. Zed's eyes widened in surprise upon seeing the demon charging with his massive hands outstretched toward his throat, before his reflexes took over. He quickly crouched and leaped into the air, a thin, spike-like portion of the earth underneath him. Upon seeing the spike, the demon screeched to a stop and whirled around... only to see Zed's entire body engulfed in flames less than three feet  away, in mid air with his leg outstretched. Before the demon could react, he was met with an unnaturally powerful kick to his chest, which gave enough force to send the demon into the spike, impaling him through the chest.

The demon coughed and sputtered, glaring at Zed. "Oh... woe is me... to be defeated by a lowly... fallen angel..." He said, his voice raspy and his breathing labored. "Thou canst defeat... as many of us... as thou pleases..." He paused to cough a few times. "But thou art still a broken angel... and it shall be so for eternity." With that, the demon gasped one more time before going limp.

Zed stood over the demon for a moment, before looking away. Strangely enough, he seemed to be shaking a bit. Not only that, but his face looked a bit more pale than before, and it looked as if his nose were bleeding. Normally, he would never be so careless as to exhaust this much energy. But something about what the demon said angered him...

Noedig had fetched his sword and just walked with it in his right hand, and saw what happened to the demon... impaled by the earth Zed terraformed. He walked back to meet up with Zed. By the time he reached him, he had to say something to Zed.

"Good work, Zed." He said to him. Noedig suddenly sensed anger from Zed, he raised the sword and placed it on his shoulder, softly thudding on his shoulder, with a small crunch of the ground affected by the weight. "... It said something angering to you, didn't it?"

Zed panted heavily as he stood over the beast's lifeless corpse, his heart pounding heavily within his chest. As soon as he heard Noedig next to him, the young man blinked, every ounce of anger suddenly leaving him. In response to the second comment, Zed quickly shook his head and stepped away from the corpse. "What? Oh! N-no! No..." He said, turning away. Zed was not an angry person, mostly easy-going, patient, polite, and is usually not easily provoked. He wanted to keep his reputation that way, which explains his quick denial of ever being angry. "Just got caught up in the moment, I guess. Heh..." He turned to pick his leather jacket back up, his face more pale than usual. He couldn't even tell that his nose was bleeding.

Noedig could tell he was preoccupied in thought about something. He fetched for his bag and returned to Zed with a small cloth. He handed it out to Zed, gesturing him to take it.
"Your nose is bleeding." He said. "Take it, please."

"Is it?" Zed asked, confused at first. He accepted the cloth from Noedig and gently wiped his nose, finding that it was indeed bleeding. "Weird." He said simply, holding the cloth against his nose in an attempt to ease the bleeding a little. This has happened on many occasions, and often times scared Celestia half to death with Zed's tendencies with going a bit overboard in exhausting too much energy. "Thanks for that. And I apologize. Sometimes I do tend to get a little too caught up in a fight and get a bit excited." He was lying, of course. If Noedig knew this, then Zed hoped he would leave the subject alone... at least until a later time, when he had regained whatever strength he had lost.

Noedig could indeed tell he was lying. But he didn't question it, he knows it is none of his business.

"Of course." He said. He then put his shirt back on, and then his trench coat, and covered his face. "If I may, I'll just go disintegrate the--"

Discord popped in out of nowhere between the two, interrupting Noedig. Noedig was expecting him to come, but rather appropriately... but he doesn't know Discord as well as they do.

As for Discord, he did not look too happy. He looked a little perturbed.

"It took me a few years to catch those demons..." He said. "They're elusive, sadistic, and terrifying monsters. I do most certainly understand Zed bleeding a bit from this... they're ferocious! But you..."

Noedig did not understand Discord's upset behavior. "What's the problem?" He asked, a bit confused.

"You've exceeded my expectations." He replied. "You're... well, you remind me of Gale Storm, but... nah, you're like Gale Storm, but... something else! That's all."

Discord could only describe Noedig mentally as powerful, perhaps more powerful than he believes. He smiles, like nothing too serious has happened.

Noedig sighed in relief. "Well, you scared me a bit, Discord." He said honestly. "I thought you were going to toss me out or something."

"I'd have more trouble lifting that sword of yours than tossing you out of anywhere!" He joked, also admitting that fact again. "Speaking of which, how do you carry that sword that as so much unrealistic weight? You cannot possibly carry it with what you are!"

"Uh..." Noedig faltered, at a bit of loss for words. He didn't want to explain how he can really wield it. "It's... complicated."

"Really?" Discord said, then snapping his finger to summon some glasses, some nice sleeves with a wool vest. "Do tell, I'm very complex, too!"

"I... fine." He said. "But keep in mind, it is a dangerous subject, it would be disastrous if it were to fall into the wrong hands if ever spoken about it."

Discord chuckled. "Well, whose hands do you think it'll fall into? The ponies would be fine... they have hooves."

"You know what I mean." He said to him.

Discord shrugged. "I'm only kidding!" He said. "Please, tell us."

"Okay." Noedig said to Discord. "I believe that I can tell you two... you seem like good people. But keep it between us, alright?"

"Alright." Discord said, summoning a box surrounding them. Absolutely no background noise could be heard. "Is this good enough?"

Noedig tilted his head a bit, appreciating it. "Sure. Thanks." He said. He then cleared the current subject and begins explaining.

"So, as you two may already know, this blade here..." He said, reaching it out and then angling it downward where the tip is distant from the ground by one foot. He drops the saber-sword, and it cuts through until halfway through. "... Is very, very heavy. If you were as strong as those demons were, you'd manage to hold on to it for roughly two minutes. I'm not stronger than the demons are as I am now... because I'm not in contact with it. I call this metal mjolnirium. Reason why is this: If you make physical contact with the material as it is molten, it will mark you as a familiar by instantly sending microscopic, metallic bacteria that adapt to your body, thus, making you able to lift it if you have the strength. So, whenever I wield my blade, it is only able to work its stuff on me. No one else can pick this up, unless you had titanic strength."

"Hmm..." Discord hummed.

"Does that make sense?" Noedig asked them.

Zed had known Discord for quite a long time, but even so, his sudden appearance was enough to make the young man jump in surprise. Discord seemed... surprised at Noedig's capabilities. Throughout most of the conversation, he kept the cloth pressed against his bleeding nose and kept silent. He blinked when the four walls suddenly surrounded them, but that was pretty much the only reaction that came from him... until he began to explain just what his sword was. Zed listened carefully to his explanation... every once in a while trying to make sense of a few of the larger words. Other than that, it made sense to him for the most part. The only thing that he couldn't understand, was just how Noedig was able to get his skilled hands on such a weapon. He refrained from asking, however. He didn't want to press the matter too much further, if there were aspects that the man would rather keep secret. "That's... actually pretty amazing. I don't believe I've ever seen anything like that." He said, studying the large weapon. Suddenly, his eyes lit up and he looked at Discord. "Uhh... Sorry to change the subject so suddenly. Discord, would you happen to know how long it took for each of us to defeat each demon? Just curious is all."

"Well, let me think..." He said. "Based on when you've both started... I'd say you, Zed. You took out Purple-derple out quickly, while Noedig here was being somewhat calculative."

"Indeed." Noedig said. "I was being cautious sometimes with my enemy, I didn't know the full extent of his power before I electrocuted him."

Noedig took his saber-sword out of the ground, shook the dirt off, then put it in it's sheath.

" If you have anymore questions about it, please ask." He said. "I'd appreciate it being only a one-time conversation."

Zed gave a curt nod to Discord's response, pulling the cloth away from his nose. It was still bleeding a little, but that was normal for him. "Heh... Purple-derple." He said with a chuckle. However, Zed didn't feel as if he had accomplished much. In fact, a part of him felt like he got a bit too reckless during the fight. Unlike Noedig, Zed made the mistake of underestimating the demon he was fighting, and what made it worse, he allowed the beast to anger him. Of course, he did win, but that was because he used strength and brutality, rather than the speed and skill he was used to. "To be honest, I'd much rather have my questions remain unanswered." He said simply, once again pressing the cloth against his nose. "It might be better if I didn't know to much about it anyway. It is a nice weapon, though."

Archived