The Antiquis visits Equestria (Closed!)

Noedig

"Very well. And... thank you." Noedig replied thankfully. "So, since we're done here. What's going to happen next?"

"Well, I'll be summoning the spectators here... let's see what they have to say, shall we?" Discord said before snapping his finger to bring the spectators in.

"Welcome, welcome!" Discord said. "As you may have already seen... they're done!"

"I see that, Discord..." Celestia said to him. "Zed, how are you feeling?"

"Well, Discord... thanks for giving me the opportunity to make some exorcism." Noedig said to him. "It's been quite some time since I last had to deal with real demons."

"Oh, that's reminds me!" Discord said, remembering some questions. "I must ask you: When did you begin this... 'exorcism'?"

"I believe I was 97 years old. During which magic was flowing madly and when demons have invaded. A large group of people and I have worked on driving them out till magic was no more... this has lasted for seventeen generations. Magic is scarce now, although, it gave me the opportunity to gather almost all the magic left to recycle limited amounts of it... I've learned magic arts since I was sixty, and haven't stopped then." Noedig sighed a bit with some disappointment. "Too bad I can't put it to full use..."

Discord chuckles, "Oh-ho-ho..."

"What?" Noedig asked.

"You have yet to realize..." Discord said to him. Snapping his fingers to pop up behind him, holding a tophat in his hand with a wacky rabbit popping out like a jack-in-a-box. "That this world... is filled with magic!"

Noedig was stumped. He didn't really think of it before... why hasn't he recalled any thoughts any sooner? "That's... absolutely wonderful!"

"If you say so..." Discord said, smirking.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zed gave a curt nod in response. "No problem." He said, practically losing himself in his own little world. He thought about the demon and what it had said, biting his lip nervously. He almost didn't even notice when Celestia approached him. "Hm? Oh... I'm fine. It's just a little nose bleed, nothing serious." Zed was a horrible liar, and it was obvious that something was bothering him. Knowing Celestia, she might want to talk with him about it later.
 Hearing Noedig's explanations, Zed blinked in surprise. "Wait... you do magic?" He asked, before chuckling. "If that's true, then you'll fit in quite well in this world. Well... disregarding the weird looks you'll get in public."

Luna and Darkness also appeared when Discord summoned the 'expectations'.
Darky was just finishing a drink and he looked somewhat drunk, and Luna was just giggling softly at the silliness and nonsense he was saying.

"Oh, you done?" Luna asked them as she stood up and picked up her stallion.

She heard everything that they were talking about, and even the nose bleed. "Zed, are you sure you are alright?" She asked, nut buying his lie at all

"I have almost outgrown the use of magic on my world, since there was virtually nothing to use it for at its current era." He replied to Zed. "Having only been able to do partial spells on rare occasions for over 1,000 is a... sad thing to have. Now, maybe I can put some good use into it here."

After already noticing Zed's obvious lie, she decided that it isn't best to discuss it right now. "Another time, sister." Celestia said to Luna. Now she directed her attention to everyone else. "Please, sir Noedig, do be careful with your magic. I don't know what you can do, so you may need to test some place... safe."

"I can help with that!" Discord replied to her. "But right now, I'm sure you Princesses have some very tight schedules... Besides, it's starting to stink here!" Which he was referring to the dead corpse of the demon. So, Discord snapped his finger to open the portal that leads them back to where they came from. "This way, please! If you will..." He said, meaning to everyone.

Noedig walked toward the dead demon's corpse. "I'll be right back." He said. "I was meaning to disintegrate its dead body earlier." Noedig opened his right hand to make a claw-like grasp to build up a second, super-condensed ball of energy. He jumped up, leaving an earthly crunch behind, and landed on top of its chest, slightly pushing its body further down the impale unintentionally. He knelled on top of its chest and lounged his right arm into its chest, penetrating flesh and bone. He got off and landed heavily and walked back to regroup. The body disintegrated into several little glowing pieces which eventually disappeared. "Alright... I'm good to go. Ladies first."

• 2 weeks later...

Zed listened to Noedig's explanation, resisting the urge to cringe. Barely using any magic for over a thousand years? A feat such as that was unimaginable to the young man, considering just how much he relied on his powers. Before he could say anything else, Luna walked up to him, obviously not buying his lie. He was about to reassure Luna that he was fine, before Celestia beat him to it. With a heavy sigh, Zed decided not to say anything more for now. As Noedig caused the demon's body to disintegrate, he silently looked away before following everyone else through the portal.

"Youh donht tel meh what toh... Do!" Darkness said, clearly drunk as he tried to walk away from the portal.... Just to end up walking sideways and being the first entering the portal. And still looked silly. 

Luna sighed at what her sister said and just simply followed her silly stallion into the portal, makin sure he didnt fell down.

Noedig went through the portal last with his properties, coming right back to where they last were, in the middle of the high-class streets. Night time as already fell upon the streets, always the time when Princess Luna is responsible for. Discord has said his usual good-bye to everyone and whisked away, going where no rabbit hole ponies should fall into, save one peculiar mare.

Gale Storm just happened to come by here, knowing everyone had left from this location. He asked the local ponies of the streets for the whereabouts of the Princesses and the others before the group came back. "Your Majesties." Gale Storm said, bowing formally as usual. "What's happened while I was gone?"

"Discord set up an execution, participated by Noedig and Zed, for the deaths of two, monstrous demons." Celestia said to him. "The rest of us were spectators... well, most of us, anyway." Implying the drunk Darkness Knight.

"How did that go?" Gale asked, curious.

"Well... I'm sure they could explain it themselves if they want to." She suggested.

"Certainly." Noedig replied. He then explained to Gale Storm how it went down in the execution for the demon he dealt with.

"Now it makes sense..." Gale said to him. "I don't have a clue on how your weapon can affect your weight, but it makes sense nonetheless. And another thing... you can create electricity?"

"Yes, I can." He said. "And energy too."

Gale Storm was getting curiouser about this. "What about manipulating the weather?" He asked.

"Uh, no... I can't do that without the appropriate technology." He said. "Why?"

"We're a little similar..." He said. "Our clothes, for one, are practically the same, and we both have neck-face covers. Plus, we can create energy and electricity."

"Now that you mention it, we do look almost the same..." Noedig said to him, only briefly intrigued. "Ah... it doesn't really matter to me now. We're still different anyway, I'm sure of that."

"Hmm," Gale grunted, agreeing, and said, "True."

"So!" Noedig said, changing the subject. "What should I do now? I can't sleep for a few days, so I might as well have something to do."

"Why can't you sleep now for a few days?" Celestia asked?

"Why would you have to sleep in a few days?" Gale asked differently. It sounded odd, but it made personally sense to Gale Storm.

"I'm not a normal human being, like I said." Noedig reminded them. "Being what I am, I can only sleep for ten hours once a week." Once a week was somewhat hard to swallow for Gale Storm, but if that's the case, then so be it... "So, what should I do?"

"Stick with me." Gale Storm suggested. "Anyone who'd like to follow me is welcome. I'm going to laze in the grassy fields for some relaxation."

"I'll have to pass, but thank you." Celestia said to him. "Enjoy your time, ponies. I'll be heading back home for some royal business."

"Good night, Princess Celestia." Gale Storm said to her. So she left after hugging Zed and her sister to deal with her everyday royal work.

"Alright..." Noedig replied to Gale Storm. "I'll go with you."

"Splendid." Gale Storm said, smiling a little. "Anypony else?"

"Ah will goh!" Darkness said as he walked from side to side, only to fall against Luna's hooves. 

She giggled softly and cuddled him making him let out a small squeak as she did so. "I will also go. Somepony needs to take care of him." she said smiling as she made him squeak some more, like a cuddable teady bear

Zed simply nodded a greeting to Gale, but otherwise kept silent for the most part. He sighed and gently hugged Celestia back, before crossing his arms and shaking his head. "I'll have to decline as well. I'm a little tired from our ordeal, so I think I'll just head back to the castle and get some rest. I might send Alex, though." He stated. That part was not a lie. Having wasted way too much energy on one demon had left him more than a little drained, he just hoped that his mind would be at ease enough to let him sleep for an hour or two. "Have fun, you guys." With that, he followed Celestia back to the castle.

"Understood... well, have a good rest, Zed." Gale said to Zed before he left them.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Zed. Sleep well." Celestia said to him as he followed her until she had to part ways to continue some business.

After they have gone, Gale Storm said to them, "We'll find Lullaby and Alex nearby, they should be somewhere over..." He paused momentarily, until he found them standing around the corner of a building. "There."

"The boy?" Noedig asked. "Well, they're welcome to join us, I say."

Gale Storm nodded, but questioned, "Now, let's see if they would like to join us, shall we? Would you like to go over and ask them, sir Noedig?"

"Sure. I wouldn't mind." Noedig said, complying. He walked away from the group to approach the unsuspecting youths. As he got closer to casual speaking distance, he looked at the boy with yet another powerful, recalling memory-wave crashing against his mental vision.

All of this happened so quickly, only a split-second had passed as he walked. But in his mind, it felt like ten minutes. Zed's son somehow reminds him of his daughter... or step-daughter to be exact. Seven minutes in joy of her existence, two minutes in horror of her mutilated death, and one minute in sadness for the loss of his daughter, Agri.

The blessing and curse of permanent memories... you'll never forget a single thing like academics, loved ones... and horrifying events.

A split-second passed, the horrors crawl back in his mental cage of memories. This time he could speak to the boy without his mind recalling the memories again for a while. He is casual speaking distance now. "Hello, Alex and miss Lullaby..." He said to them, friendly-like. "Gale Storm would like you to hang out with us to go to some field of grass. Wanna come?"

Alex watched as his father, Noedig, Celestia, Luna and everyone else emerge from the portal that had obviously been summoned by Discord. It made him wonder just where they were... that was until he overheard Celestia explaining it to Gale. An execution of two demons? That would have been fun to see. He watched as his father walked back toward the castle, looking quite troubled about something. He nodded politely as Noedig began to approach them... before blinking in confusion as the man seemed to zone off in his own thoughts for a split second, before continuing to approach him casually as if nothing had happened. He tilted his head curiously as Noedig mentioned lazing about in a field of grass. "I'd love to, actually." He said with a smile, before rolling his shoulders a bit in discomfort. Unlike before, the boy had his wings folded against his back and hidden extremely well underneath his shirt and jacket. If he wanted to fly, then both of those layers would have to come off.

"Hello!" Lullaby said smiling to all of them and gave her drunk father a hug.

"I ish gut!" He said as he cuddled back, lullaby giggling at his sillyness

"Good bye, sister, good bye Zed." Luna said smiling to both of them as they left.She then smiled to Alex. "you all ready to go?" She then asked

"Good to hear." Noedig said to the two. "I have no idea where we're going so I'll just be following you people."

"People?" Gale Storm asked after hearing they'll come. "Unusual term..."

"Usual for me." Noedig said. "You ponies are people, too."

"Alright..." Gale replied, feeling odd. "Now we'll be heading out of Canterlot, just outside of it where the field is. We'll be there around ten minutes worth of traveling."

"Sounds good to me." Noedig said. "Lead the way."

Gale Storm lead the group, and also somewhat assisting Luna with her drunken husband, so that handling Darkness would make things easier on both sides. Two minutes into traveling, Noedig decided to talk to Alex.

"So, you've never met another man other than your father?" Noedig asked.

As Alex followed along with the rest of them, he couldn't help but chuckle at how drunk his uncle was. He was so much fun when he was like that, and Alex couldn't help but ponder the playful jokes he could play on the Alicorn. His thoughts were interrupted when Noedig suddenly decided to talk to him, asking if he had ever seen another human besides his father. "No, sir." He responded politely. "My dad is the only one."

"Interesting." Noedig said to him. "Surely, these ponies are quite familiar to you. As for me, I'm probably one of the strangest you've met." Noedig kept thinking about what to say to this boy... He honestly has not spoken to another person since he dealt with his most dreadful enemy, Kronis. "So, you wanted to know some things about human beings... Well, I guess in some way, they're like ponies, but they look like us bipedal, furless, tailless creatures. And more industrial and business-like these days... They're pretty normal-- unlike me." He explained, and then continued. "So yeah, basically, I guess humans are like ponies without magic, if that makes sense to you."

Alex nodded silently as he listened to Noedig, keeping his arms crossed over his chest as he continued walking. "I understand..." He said, biting his lip as he tried to imagine it. "It's strange... my father never really speaks about the humans he lived with before he became an angel. I wonder why... He says it's because he doesn't remember most of it, but I know he's lying." He said, pondering for a moment longer. "I wonder if my father lived in the same human world you did before he became an angel?"

"Perhaps it was a lifetime he believes you wouldn't like and have to know." Noedig replied to his first wonder, and then the next. "Maybe. But we're all each one an almost infinitesimally small thing of existence of an almost infinitely large thing of reality. Who knows?"

As it turns out, they've all arrived to the destination. Gale announces, "We're here. Sit back and relax, and do what you please, please."

Noedig takes a look at the area, and thought it was quite a nice place. He hasn't seen grass this verdant since the old days. But, to be honest, grass like this is everywhere in Equestria. "Remarkable..." He said sincerely. "Grass like this doesn't grow this well on my world."

• 2 weeks later...

Alex simply gave a nod in response, not looking up as he was still lost in his own thoughts. While it was a very slim chance that Zed had lived in the same world as Noedig, it was still a rather interesting thought. He stretched a bit, before sitting down in the lush grass. "Really?" He asked, tilting his head curiously as he leaned back a bit. "Why is that? It isn't really hard to grow grass like this..."

"Well, it simply is not as bountiful and verdant as it used to be in the old days." Noedig replied. "Mankind has removed a lot of it for many reasons, some of which are reasonable, while some are not... For example, homes for shelters, factories for food, clothes, and other things. And roads... Lots of roads for automobiles. It isn't exactly 'environment-friendly', but the earth can take it. It's only a matter of time before they move out to other worlds, be it through space or dimensions... maybe." He decided to talk about something else. "Hey, I've just found out that since there is lots of magical energy here... I can use it here, since my world's magical energy sources have practically run out. Want to see a personal, fun spell of mine?"

"That sounds risky..." Gale said, half-joking. "How about it, Alex?"

• 3 weeks later...

Alex thought about Noedig's explanation for a moment, still feeling a bit confused on the subject. If there absolutely had to be so many buildings and structures that even simple fields were rare, then it would mean that world might be slowly becoming overpopulated... which shouldn't be a big deal, if they really would consider moving on to other worlds. However, it was still a worrisome thought, given that eventually a world in that condition could become dangerous. The boy was snapped out of his thoughts when Noedig mentioned a fun spell he had. "As long as it doesn't consist of squirting water at me like Discord likes to do, then I'm okay with it." He responded.

"Alright... here goes." Noedig says to them. He opens his hands to make a gesture of clasping hands to Alex to make a handshake. Noedig takes his right hand with his right hand, and firmly holds his hand. "You're going to see things differently for only a minute, so bear with the strange effects." Noedig's right hand begins to secrete glowing, pink and green strands, like hair being alive. It wraps over Alex's hand, which should feel cold. The hair-like strands melt together into a gooey form, now swallowing up Alex like he's been eaten. It is still cold, but not naturally cold... it feels fake, like confusing coldness from mint. The goo now wraps itself around Alex like a blanket. It was a solid, glowing color, now transparent yet still glowing.

"Just relax, you'll see what will happen next." Noedig said. What happened next, the magical goo seeped into Alex. No longer cold, it feels warm. At this point, Alex is not seeing things as usual as he used to his whole life. "So..." Noedig said. "Do you see thick colorful, glowing clouds of dust, in all shapes and sizes, each of their own... everywhere?" What Noedig was implying was... does he see magic? "What you're looking at is magic itself." He said to him. "You are looking at a different realm of this reality... a realm we cannot naturally see. The goo that soaked itself into you allows you to see it. And if you look at me and Gale Storm... you'll see we're not the same, we're just our own cloud of magical dust." Noedig would look like an erratic cloud mixed with many colors, especially cyan. Gale Storm would look like a cyan and yellow cloud, surrounded by two white dusty rings encircling him. Alex... looks like something Noedig hasn't seen before. "Fun fact!" Noedig said. "Did you know that if you were to be physically put into that realm, you would instantly implode into dust, converting your atoms into magic? As long are you're only able to see, you'll be fine."

The realm is cloudy, dusty, and it is dark. It's like watching a neon light show, but with clouds for light. The effects died off a minute later, like Noedig said it would. "What do you think?" Noedig asked.

Alex only watched curiously as Noedig took his right hand and held it firmly, blinking in surprise as he watched the strange hair-like strands wrap themselves around his hand. He flinched and immediately began shivering at the cold sensation, even more so when it morphed into a goo-like substance that began to envelop him. He was worried for a moment, but his questionable doubts didn't last much longer. The only thing that really bothered the twelve-year-old was how strangely cold he felt, which didn't help given how sensitive he was to it. As it seeped into him, he relaxed a bit as it began feeling warmer, and what he saw next made his jaw drop in wonder. So many colorful cloud-like shapes seemed to dance about in the atmosphere, and he knew exactly what it was. He knew that Equestria was a magical place, but he had no idea that it contained this much magic. He stared at Noedig for a moment, then at Gale, before turning his gaze to the energy that surrounded him, which seemed... different from the rest. "This... wow... Fascinating."

"Indeed!" Noedig replied. "That's how I felt the first time using it. It is a useful spell, you can trace where magic users were once for a significant amount of time before it dissipates, making cases like crimes easier. But, I couldn't get around to using that since it was too expensive to use."

"Hmm..." Gale grunted. He doesn't know what Alex saw, he could only imagine, which was not as accurate as what Alex saw. "What do you both think of what's happened since Noedig came here? Already admittngly, I was very hostile at first, but it turned out he was... trustworthy, I believe. But I feel like there is something disturbing Noedig, I can't place my hoof on why, though."

Alex blinked a little as the effects of the spell began to wear off, leaving the boy behind with nothing but his normal view of the world around him. He rubbed his eyes a bit, allowing his vision to adjust, before tilting his head curiously. He also had noticed that something seemed to be disturbing Noedig, despite how much the human seemed to be hiding it. "I've noticed that as well, I just didn't want to ask." He said. 

"Hmm, that is quite keen..." He said to the both of them. "Okay... here's another thing about me, but before that, let me explain something." So he asks them, "Do you people normally ever get a thought or a reminder whenever you see something or someone that relates to those thoughts?"

"Occasionally. Yes." Gale Storm replies. "Why?"

"The thing is... I can't forget anything, due to my enhancements." Noedig said. "So, whenever I see this boy here, Alex, he reminds me of someone I knew dearly... Just as I currently think of anything that reminds me of anything now."

"What do you mean?" Gale asked.

"It's like reliving a part of your life." He says, trying to explain. "That's what I believe is the bad side of having this kind of enhanced memories... they don't repress for good."

"How do you live, then?" Gale asked another question.

"I got used to it... At first for so many years, it felt so real, there was no way to mentally be rid of it. Over time, though, the realistic feelings impressed me less enough to be comfortable, because I accepted it." Noedig answered. "Funny thing, I still remember when I had natural memories, when I could simply make a mistake when forgetting, or simply not recall unless it was obvious enough." Noedig sighed. "It's a hard thing, but I'm used to it."

"Hmm..." Gale Storm hummed.

Noedig did not mention who this someone was, though. Who could he be talking about?

Archived