From the Top [Open]

Eventide

[OOC thread]

Since he was taking the time to get his bearings, Garrett did not yet wander into the woods. He was at home in the wilderness but it was not familiar terrain, a far cry from his hills and valleys. There was a lot of forest and plains around Ponyville; being out in the open made a part of him urge to hit the dirt and identify sightlines, but these ponies appeared so docile and utopian that he'd wager there were little to no skirmishes around these parts.

While a small pony town coffee shop didn't hold a candle to sojourning at an old arabica plantation and its vistas overlooking the mountains, coffee was coffee. Having stopped over once before, he had an idea of what to expect. The bitter beverage might just mask the excessive sweetness he elected to surround himself with.

Reclined in the same seat and careless posture of his previous visit gripping his cup, as he constructed a idea of where and how to ply his trade, the gryphon inadvertently took to pony-watching.

Abrica trotted into the coffee shop. The blue Pegasus usually came here early in the mornings to grab her usual cup before heading off to work. However today was different as she had the day off. 

Ahe brushed her yellow mane out of her eyes which was fashioned in a long ponytail with slight bangs hanging in her right eye. Her yellow honey colored eyes gazed around the place for a moment, taking in the sight of the ones inside. It wasn't long. Till she refocused however and continued up to the counter to purchase her coffee and continue on with her day. 

Grimoire remained still as the barista looked up from the cup to shoot her an incredulous expression. “Uh, could you repeat that?”

Inwardly steeling herself, Grimoire gave a shaky nod. “Yes. Two shots of espresso and mint syrup.”

The barista’s stare turned to a squint. “Are you sure?”

“Yes.” As she noted how it hurt slightly to blink, Grimoire finally realized the barista was questioning her because of how obviously sleep deprived she was. It wasn’t that she couldn’t sleep, she just wasn’t inclined to when she had books to find and read. Her whole reason for being in Ponyville was to buy an old book off a donkey. Sleep was low on her list of priorities.

The barista finished writing the order on the cup and took her money, still skeptical, and Grimoire slunk over to the pick-up area and used her magic to float her small drink close to herself. She could have sat down, rather should have, but at the time she had been planning to have her drink to go and started for the exit. When her mass of white and black hair fell into her gaze, she didn’t notice the Earth pony juggling a carton of several drinks and subsequently walked into him.

The drinks that the pony had been holding went flying, spilling over several of the shop’s patrons.

Grimoire had jumped back, her eyes widening to a painful-looking degree, and stared in horror as the pony she had run into took one look at her, then the many others now covered in hot coffee and he did the smart thing and ran. Grimoire, unsurprisingly, remained completely still and staring at the spilled drinks. Her own drink hadn't spilled a drop, but she wasn't entirely sure that she wasn't about to be lynched by the rest of the shop patrons. That happened in small towns, right? Oh no, she thought. I'm going to DIE.

Tea. Oh, how he needed the herbal drink. 

The sweet yet alluring smell that cleared his seneses from any fogginess that had settled over them. The way warmth seeped into his very being from taking sips of the wonderful liquid. To say that the young teacher liked the occasional cup was an understatement. He loved it.  Not only did he enjoy the taste and warmth it provided but, also the memories it brought with it. The times as a colt, he shared bundled up on the couch with his mother enjoying a cup on a rainy day. Or the smell of his father's tea sitting atop his desk as the stallion tip tapped away on his typewriter.

Right now he could use those comforts. Sprig was a teacher, and as such his job required him to travel every now and then to conventions and workshops, to meet  and learn with others of the same profession. He did not mind this really, in fact he rather enjoyed traveling. The problem lied with the means of transportation. The train. The loud noises and harsh smells that the blasted machine emanated left the blind Sprig in a rather confused and dizzy state.  As soon as he checked into the hotel he was staying in, the white stallion made his way to the coffee shop he had been to  a billion times before and ordered a pipping cup of tea. 

And oh did it smell nice. He could feel his head clear, allowing him to properly focus on his surroundings. The mossy green maned stallion was just about to take his first sip when something smacked against him followed by the sensation of  hot liquid raining down on top of him. "O-oh..Ah!" The white stallion let out a small startled gasp. 

Poor Abrica, she had just ordered her coffee and now she had hot coffee in her face. She screamed and covered her face as she tried to bear the pain. "Owwwwwww!"

Stumbling back and fell on her rump and clutched her face with her front hooves. 

Mare, another mare, stallion, it went on. The gryphon did not pay particular attention to the other patrons, and vice versa probably, but he passively registered each new presence.

Garrett considered the ponies' special talents. Gryphons didn't have any magic help to find their fate, but they grew and built a life in the same way. Perhaps they did have their own sense of magic like the small equines, but if so it must manifest subtly as with the land ponies or winged ones. It was interesting anyway that their flank symbols showed a shade of their true colours at a glance. Such intrinsic differences had presumably helped prevent lies and treachery in this society.

The feline part in him appreciated basking near the window. He stretched and occupied the next chair opposite, long black tail whipping lazily while he sipped his purchase.

The raptor's eyes picked up a glint out of the corner of his vision. That took him back. He shot up and swiped with his wing, smacking away what appeared to be an expertly thrown cup of coffee. Hot coffee. "Ouch." He shook away the scalding substance and scanned for the enemy, discovering a minty-looking mare whose eyes said she had just witnessed a massacre. There were those who appeared to blame her for their unwanted gifts of drinks without the proper receptacles, or in cases with them as added projectiles.

Garrett stood and strode over, bringing his cup, to scrutinise the minty creature. "I haven't witnessed such widespread destruction since coming to this land. You are gifted." He wondered about the ponies' capacity to retaliate. "I think the proprietor will want a word."

Widespread destruction—Grimoire figured that was an accurate summation of the scene. Her first thought, once her initial panic had, though not subsided, been hurriedly pushed aside for the moment, was that she ought to offer payment for her blunder. As she tried to calculate how much would appease those hit and the shop itself, she absently floated her own drink close and took a deep sip, emptying nearly half of it in one go. The coffee did help, or the burn and the strong flavors did. Surely she didn’t need to pay so much. The other pony was, at least, a third responsible for the situation. He should have done something and stuck around—Grimoire should have bolted.

Paying off the coffee shop staff wouldn’t be a problem. It wasn’t hubris in her wallet but experience in watching how her mother dealt with… similar mishaps. Grimoire had never been the most observant and this wasn’t an entirely new situation. It was the other patrons that were the problem, the threat.

Grimoire blinked slowly as her eyes focus onto the Gryphon before her. Truly, if anyone in the room was going to kill her, it would be him. Large, formidable—capable she thought with more finality than perhaps deserved. “Gifted is a kind word,” She noted and the panic in her words were far more muted than she thought they would come out. Her heart was beating erratically, but then it had been sped up before she’d gotten hot drinks spilled all over. She took a smaller sip of her drink before continuing, if just to stall. While Grimoire wasn’t truthful in her body language, her words were. “The proprietor is low on my list of worries at the moment. I don’t suppose I could simply throw down my wallet and then run…? Or… apologize.”

(Does anyone mind me throwing Bedlam in? ^^ If not I'll delete my post it's okay!)

"Ponyville, eh?"

The strange noodle creature craned his neck to read the headline of the newspaper as he floated gracefully just above the ground, he snapped his head back when the pony holding the newspaper shot a suspicious glare at him, clearly unimpressed by the strange pink creature's face mere inches fro her own. Oops. He gave a grin of mock innocence as he planted his hooved feet on the ground. Well, at least he knew where he was now, he traveled often, and really he should have recognized this place of all places, but sometimes the scenery melted together and he often forgot exactly where he was, or where he'd been. But this place had quite a reputation for commotion and mayhem, though at the moment it looked fairly quiet. Boring. He let out a slightly displeased huff at the absolute drab quiet that surrounded him as he made his way down the main street of the town, opting to walk rather than float lazily along, he would draw less attention that way, if that were even possible for a creature like him.

He tapped his chin as he surveyed the shops and eateries that lined the street on either side, something to eat did sound nice, especially something sweet. He was about to peruse a donut shop when a sound caught his large lop ears, a collective exclamation of surprise that caused him to turn his head just in time to see a pony dash out of a cafe, "Oooh?" He forgot all precedence of food as he eagerly blinked himself over to the doors of the cafe, and what a scene he saw. The young draconequui slipped inside to get a better look, noting the amount of ponies absolutely covered in hot coffee, all staring at this unfortunate mare who looked like she was battling a fight or flight response, a gryphon currently addressing her, and a yellow maned mare currently clutching her face, no doubt reeling from the hot coffee assault that likely took place. He slunk over, a paw over his mouth to stifle laughter as he looked over them all, "Trouble that I didn't cause? That's a first. I'm impressed." And he was, after all it wasn't often that one pony could completely stop the flow of time in a cafe.

Abrica eventually got her wits and shook her face from the hot substance the best she could. She sniffles and whimpered as she stood and looked at the mare speaking to the griffon. She didn't catch any words but she could tell that she was the one who caused this. 

She felt a bit of unbridled rage grow inside her and her right front hoof landed on the ground in a step to her but she stopped and pulled her hoof up to her gaze. Why was she thinking so badly right now? Surely it was an accident. Taking a deep breath and exhaling she rubbed her eye, pain still stung from under her coat. She had light burns. 

"I'm taking the day off." She mumbled as she walked up to the mare. "A simple mistake. It's okay, no hard feelings from me." She said as she passed. She walked to the door and stopped for a moment as she saw the pink looking creature. 

"Oh~" and said as eyebrows rose for a second. Scanning the creature with the upmost interest. "Hello there~" she said softly. "Can I get by you please? I gotta go and treat my burns." She asked politely. 

Any jet lag that the stallion may have  felt before was ultimately gone. Yep. He was wide awake and alert now.  He thought recovery from the inital shock of  suddenly having coffee pelt him. Sprig adjusted the circular black shades that set atop  his nose, processing just what exactly happened. No doubt that is was  merely an accident.  He concluded as an ear was trained on listening to the conversation not from him. 

There were two voices...a feminine and masculine tone. The later was a bit different sounding. Not exactly pony yet, he couldn't figure out what.  The sightless stallion calmy stood from his chair on long legs and began to make his way to the two voices. "No worries, Miss." He replied in a light friendly tone, smile  present on his lips. He stopped shortly of the two and turned his head in the direction he heard her in. " The coffee was hot though,  it was just a little sting . Honestly, I do beilieve it was rather refreshing." He chuckled in hopes of making light of the situation. It was an accident after all. And there was no need in giving this poor mare the third-degree. "No need in tossing away your hard earn bits, hm? Wouldn't you agree sir?" He finished swinging his had in the griffon's direction.

She took a long draught of coffee while considering the chaos. Intentional or not, the insouciant swagger of the gesture was palpable.

"Well, I guess I am just a kind gryphon then," he chirped. "My name is Garrett, by the way. This will be... seared into my memory for today." He sipped from his cup nonchalantly. "Are you worried they wish to lynch you now? They don't want that. Trust me; it takes a much greater offence to incur such a thing. However, an apology would surely be a start." He personally was not too bothered, given that he had mostly avoided being scalded.

The initial wails had subsided. A blue pegasus even came up to expressly forgive Mintpony for the calamity, as did a nice blind stallion. "It's her money, I won't tell her what to do with it. But I agree that what you say appears to be the consensus," he told the black shades, squinting at them.

A horrific spindly thing had drifted in, perhaps attracted by the commotion. It looked like something from a chick's fitful nightmares, like several creatures were tossed into a malevolent tumble dryer that was dragged from the pits of Tartarus. It was equally disturbing and intriguing. Perhaps being blind was a blessing in this singular case. The gryphon decided he had seen worse, but was a little confused. "What...?"

“My name is Grimoire,” and she had decided that she did not understand small towns at all. “And yes, I was expecting a lynching. Angry mob, pitchforks, torches, and an old oak tree on a hill to hang me from.” Then her mind caught up with her words. “Um. Hm.”

So far, a few ponies not to start lobbing insults and exclamations of outright, but to proactively forgive. On top of that, a Gryphon and what looked like a Draconequus were speaking to her. Grimoire had been comfortable in her little world of conjecture and musty parchment. She had only read about Draconequui, but here one was in a coffee shop—in Ponyville. So, Grimoire had decided that small towns were just beyond her comprehension. 

Scanning the creatures looking at her, Grimoire tried to address them all and take Garrett’s advice. “I am,” What was a good word? “Terribly sorry. For my part in,” She waved a hoof around and trailed off. She grimaced when she thought that the motion might have negated the sincerity of her words. Socializing was hard. “Sorry. Again.” Grimoire’s eyelids lowered so that she did not look quite so wide-eyed and alarmed at them all. All four them. That was quite a number for her. Now, what was the appropriate thing to do next? With a softer voice and addressing only those close to her Grimoire asked “How about, um… I buy you all your next drinks?” She was happy to not have to pay off them all, it was a terribly cliché thing to do, but then it wouldn’t have actually made a dent in her funds. It was also an easy thing to suggest. After all, she still couldn’t get her legs to move. Running was still not an option for her.

"Can I get by you please? I gotta go and treat my burns."

The spindly creature looked over the unfortunate mare for a moment, before snapping his fingers to produce a cloth, doused with very cool water, "Oh, here? This oughta take the sting off!" He was a cordial creature if not undoubtedly mischievous, but she looked to be in so much pain, he would do the same for the others, but they hadn't seemed quite as pained as she did. He was a good creature, right? That was what good creatures did. Or so he thought. His attention was turned back to the gryphon who still seemed to commandeer the scene, what a strong presence he was, "It's just nice to not be the cause of misfortune for a change, hehe!" There was a cheeky tone to his voice, partially at the guilty mare's expense, and partly because he genuinely meant it.

Speaking of, he regarded the somewhat quirky mare as she spoke, he quite liked the way she spoke, what a macabre thing to say in such a quaint town. He gave a toothy grin, "I dunnoo, There are a lot of good hangin' trees in Ponyville." It was an innocent jest, though perhaps a bit badly placed, but most of his jokes were. He quite enjoyed this small bunch that had amassed, the strangest things always seemed to bring ponies together, "I doubt any pony could say no to an offer of free coffee, hehe. Nice call!" The strange beast wasn't even sure if he was welcome in this strange gathering, no one had asked him to leave yet, which was good. He felt pleased though, being in the company of others was quite a spirit lifter!

Abrica gave a gasp as the creature brought out a cool cloth and handed it to her! Taking a double take at the kind gesture she cleared her throat and took it with a thankful sound. Bringing it up to her face and placing it there as she bathed in the cool feeling of the cloth against her irritated skin under her fur. 

She heard the others speak of free coffee and as much as she would want some she wasn't too for it as her face hurt too much at the moment. 

Instead she simply moved to an empty booth and kept tending to her  wounds. 

Ah, a gryphon. 

He concluded as said creature confirmed his ponderings. It wasn't often did one such as Garrett was seen wandering around Ponyville. Well, at least not when he visited. Sadly the same could be said for his home town, Trottingham. Perhaps these feathered fellows favored keeping to their mountainous home? Either way the earth pony was rather eager to speak more with this, Garrett. 

Then there was the mare that had unintentionally brought them altogether. Grimoire. What a rather unique name. It held a mysterious and exciting ring to it. Judging from the way she chose her words and carried herself, he concluded that this mare was an eccentric one. 

His train of thought stopped abruptly in its tracks as a conglomerate of scents teased at his nose. What is...what even? His mind sputtering for a logical answer, however yeilding nothing but confusion in response.  Where was it coming from? That voice. It had to be paired with that mischevious tone. What sort of creature held so many different scents? It wasn't neccisarily a bad thing. No, unlike the fumes that bellowed from the horried   locomotive, this smell did not make him want to bang his head against a wall. It was puzzeling really and it only peaked his interest even more.

Sprig soon realized that his nose was scrunched up in a rather befuddled way. As an effort to not come off as rude he quickly shook himself back into his ever light smile. "Ah! Where are my manners?" He chided himself upon realizing that he had yet to provide his own name. "My name is Sprig. It is very nice to meet you all." He greeted adjusting the dark red tie that hung from his neck before, placing a hoof over his chest and dipping his head in a respectful nod. "Hm" He hummed in thought at Grimoire's offer. It was indeed really nice of her to do that though, he would probably have to respectfully decline. He still had a full cup of tea waiting on him after all. "Perhaps, we could grab a table and get to know each other better? That is if everyone has the time to."  A chuckle. " It would be a shame to waste this chance meeting." 

The small minty horse gave her apology. "Well... you have my respect for staying and accepting responsibility. The other one just shot off." Garrett noted how subdued Grimoire sounded. It was a behaviour against the norm, but the impact was not negative; he interpreted it as maturity. Not too many ponies were so bubbly and starry-eyed.

In contrast, the freakish thing that'd come through the door was rather cheerful and enthusiastic. He didn't have anything nice to say to it, but that wasn't strictly discriminatory. He didn't have anything nice to say to most folks. "Hanging-trees, eh..." the gryphon cooed pensively. He observed that it seemed to have a sense of compassion, based on the help it gave to the burnt mare. But how did it conjure the towel? He had several questions that he didn't really care to ask.

She'd buy them all drinks? "Fine. I wouldn't object to that," he admitted. Sprig seemed to accept... or didn't... or he did? What was with the superfluous ettiquette? Sprig was not particularly guilty of it, but the gryphon wondered why some ponies hopped around their point when they could just say what they meant. In Aquellia, if someone took a dislike to you they probably let you know it. If someone wanted something done, they got straight to it. "Sure, I guess," he nodded at the stallion's suggestion, downing the rest of his coffee and leaving it on a table.

Noticing the minty mare's black lizardskin bag, he asked "Is that genuine?" ((... assuming she brought it. :I ))

(I shall pop Starry into here as well, as she just loveloveloves coffee shops)

The door swung open to the coffee shop as another mare swung in.  She waltzed towards the counter, blindly stumbling into several edges and corners and she danced.  She budged in front of every other waiting customer, and she yelled out her drink, 

"One grande café latte in a vento cup, with two shots caramel, three shots of vanilla, and five shots of expresso.  Please,"

This was no ordinary mare.  This was Lady Starry Requiem, Head of the Royal House of Requiem, Head Astronomer in Infrared Astronomy at the Royal Canterlot Observatory.  She was wearing her cliche earings and reflective shades-hiding her disability.  The way she walked about displayed money, wealth, and power: all items she had been raised with.  She was a social celebrity, an upper-class elite, and very, very rich.  She was used to the smalltown coffee shops that lay beneath Solstice Heights, ones that were used to her eccentric, abstract behavior.  She didn't mind being out of the ordinary, waltzing in to get coffee.  Coffee shops were one of the few places she could lounge around without anypony judging her, laughing at her, or bothering her.  But she forgot.  This wasn't Solstice Heights, where her blindness was no difference.  This was Ponyville, where citizens did judge ponies based on first impression.  

Glass cache hadn't been enjoying herself lately.

No, that was an understatement. A huge one.

Being a mare of work forced you to grow a fuse longer then your tail, especially if you worked with other ponies. But, She was a bit annoyed. The Parasprite Attack Of Last Wensday as the flower ponies had been gossiping, had seemed to show that parasprites enjoy the taste of spirits, and anything housing them. While the mayor ensured it'e be covered for, Glass had to take a week from her home for repairs, which meant getting a temporary job. The damage wasn't too significant, (thanks to those six strange ponies..) But she'd be unable to work there, after her attempts to set up shop, it seems five missing table legs, a lack of goods and no bathroom doors had needed addressing, so she'd gone off to find some other beverage workspot. The coffee house, the one place she'd respected, had welcomed her with open hooves thanks to her talents. But despite their oh- so wonderful tea, It seems there were a few problems.

Say the manager.

A slick-speaking stallion, he'd been trying to piss her off the moment she arrived. While the other staff (Whom knew her well, Coffee wasn't her strongest forte, so Glass often bought it locally) tried to offer her silent sympathy, the Manager had been prodding and and poking, both verbally and physically. She was competition, she mused, so he must have been trying to get a snap in front of customers, to dampen her reputation. But with resilience, she gritted her teeth and plowed on.

that was, until today.

Her shift had only just begun, and Milky Silky had come to her in a soggy, crying mess after a customer had somehow gotten his hot drink on every single customer in the shop. even on those sitting outside, however how was past the sobbing mind of Milky Silky. So Glass attempted to sober her up unsuccessfully, and then decided to replace her for the shift, which is where she was now. dealing with customers whom were covered in a hot mess of milky deliciousness.

So no, She wasn't enjoying herself today.

In a monotone fashion, she quickly took out the emergency tissues (Some of which were crinkled from the level three flooding, courtesy of milky silky and her eye ducts of rain) and placed them on the counter, and pretended to look like she was restocking the drinks, to prevent her exploding into a stampeding wall of rage and curses.

(Polyblank prefers to start roleplays off with a longer paragraph.)

"There is never a shortage of good hanging trees," Grimoire agreed before she had time to properly think through her words. Right. Well. The whole situation was still overwhelming for her, but on the plus side the pause she took to collect herself likely wouldn't be noticed. After stealthily sucking in a deep breath she nodded her head. “Getting a table sounds... good,” she supposed. Following Garrett’s line of sight to her bag, Grimoire found herself straightening her posture more. “Yes, it’s genuine. I’m a book dealer. Having a sturdy bag is helps my nerves when I’m transporting books.” She looked around at them all, he expression not changing as she then asked "What do all of you do?" 

Distractions, for herself or others, she suddenly realized, were a great way to get over feeling overwhelmed, particularly if the distraction was something she was passionate about. She'd have to remember that for any future interactions she may find herself in. Grimoire turned her head to her bag and carefully undid the lock on the clasp with her magic to float her card back out.

She felt proud, then quickly ashamed of that pride, when she faced the others around her again. "To pay for anyone's drinks," she explained, quieter than she had spoken so far. Grimoire was glad that she had at least not embarrassed herself further. She knew she likely calm off as very... stilted, but that wasn't as bad as hr initial blunder with the hot drinks. Plus, Garrett's slight praise for her actually sticking around, even though she hadn't wanted to, was gratifying to hear. 

Abrica heard the others speak to one another about hanging trees and such. The one named grimoire offered to buy drinks but she decided she didn't want coffee anymore now that she found how awake she was at the moment. She heard one pony order some drinks at the counter. 

The pony with shades ordered a luxurious drink that sounded more sugar filled than coffee. She scrunched her nose and snorted just before looking at the others. 

She spotted a worker who didn't seem to happy. ((Glass))

frowning she got up and trotted over carefully. "Hey- sorry about the mess and stuff. You don't seem to be having too good of a day."

pushing the tissue boxes forward, her face seemed to be melding with the counter. At being spoken to, the mare pulled her face up, Bag under her eyes made what would have been a pretty face something out of an timberwolf's cave.

"It's ok, happens every other day" - she glanced to the order board - "Oh... Your orders. I'll get them right up." She mumbles, whether to you or herself is unclear. The mare then began working on the coffee orders first, like most of the others. However, she seemed to brighten up a bit at the more expensive drink. Straightening her back, she weaved her hooves from ingredient to flavouring, like a juggler in a kitchen. Finishing the platter of orders, she set the tray down carefully on the counter, in front of Abrica. She gave a half-hearted smile at her customer - before the sound of a silky stallion's voice could be heard in the office behind the kitchen.

"Ohh- Caache.." He drawls, not bothering exit the shaded room. Glass's face turned into a miserable grimace, and she entered the office, shutting the door behind her. The drinks lay on the tray, a waiter is sure to pick them up soon.

"Splendid~" He brightening at his proposal being accepted by the two." Shall we then?" He asked prompting the others to take the lead. It didn't matter much to him where they sat.  He doubted his skill in picking out a table that had enough chairs for all to be seated. 

Sprig listened in polite silence as Garret and Grimoire spoke. The gryphon's question aimed at the mare's bag. Must be of unique taste to prompt curiosity. He deduced from the inquiry. He wouldn't know himself unless a description was given or if he ran his hoof over it. Though, the sudden action would mostly come off as rude and albeit a bit creepy. So, he refrained himself from doing so. His curious mind switched gears as the conversation went further, revealing the mare's occupation. "Oh, a book dealer you say? If you don't mind my asking, do you  specialize in a particular genre or style?" He asked. Sprig was a book-worm himself most likely a habit he picked up from his father at a young age. However, he often ran into a bit of a wall with trying to find copies of literature printed in brail.He paused for a moment before realizing she had also asked them a question. She deserved an answer, and it wasn't right of him to ask questions of his own without first answering hers . "Ah, I teach the little ones back in Trottingham." He answered while lifting his front hoof above the ground mimicking the height of a filly/colt. He couldn't stop the hint of pride from his voice as he spoke of his beloved class.  He looked to Garret, or rather Garret's direction waiting for his response. What was the gryphon about? He seemed like a rather nice fellow and Sprig respected his forward nature. He didn't know too much about gryphon culture except what was read in books. Perhaps Garret could shine some light on the avian/ feline beings. 

A few more ponies drew attention in the aftermath, as the room came back to life. There was the... charming presence of the noblemare braying for her dessert-in-a-cup, and working the counter the disgruntled lone salesclerk. A little more chaos after the main event.

So... they took a table. Garrett picked one of decent size and slumped over the nearest chair, resting his talons on the table's edge.

A herbivore, with a real lizardskin bag? It was a quaint juxtaposition. Could be that she didn't care. "It's nice. Good quality. Where'd you get it?" Book dealer didn't pique his interest so much, but maybe he could stand to learn a bit about the region.

Grim asked them about their day-to-day. Sprig was a teacher. Pretty good, blindness didn't interfere with that job then. Garrett could hardly imagine being blind around the mountains back home - how would you get anywhere? Of course, these ponies seemed more liable to settle and live in one place than most of the gryphons he had known. "What do you teach them?" Might be different to Aquellia, he figured.

As for himself, he was brutally honest. It was entirely an ordinary subject from his perspective. "I hunt. To eat, to trade. You could call me a bird of prey. If there ever happened to be any troublesome beasts around here, I suppose I would track them down." He glanced to the counter to see if the queue was diminishing.

Abrica tried her best to smile at the poor made as she made the drinks. She looked downright haunting and tired. She frowned after she left and brought out her money. Depositing a large amount into the tip jar for her before grabbing the drinks and going back to the table with the patrons. 

She grabbed her white chocolate mocha and set the rest down for the others before trotting away to her own table. 

Archived