A Boy and His Jarl (Bellosh & Pretzelpony)

Bellosh

Over the next several days or so, I'll be posting various chat RPs from the past year or so staring my caribou OC Limi and his guardian, Jarl Sigrun of Clan Askr. If there's sufficient demand, perhaps we might work on new chat RPs for you guys. Anywho, enjoy the travails of a kind-hearted boy trying to find a place in a warrior society.....

----------------------

*SWORD TRAINING*

Lími: The adolescent caribou boy is outside, training with an instructor on proper sword-fighting technique. He's..... a little shaky. Limi has no knowledge that he's being watched by another.....

Jarl Sigrun: Jarl Sigrun smiles as she watches the calf training, waiting calmly until he notices her.

Lími: He notices the Jarl out of corner of his eye, causing him to look her way. Unfortunately, this gets Limi smacked by the instructor's training sword, knocking him down.

Sigrun: The Jarl stifles a laugh and walks over; "Keep your eyes on your target, Limi."

Lími: "My apologies Sigrun. I still need to learn not to fight so clumsily."

Sigrun: "Well... you are getting better," she said with a smile before helping the calf back to his hooves.

Lími: The calf takes Sigrun's hoof and gets back up; "Thank you for your praise, although I feel unworthy of it."

Sigrun: "You need to have a bit more confidence, Limi... you are very worthy of praise."

Lími: "But you must see how my abilities lag behind everyone else my age," Limi dejectedly looks downward.

Sigrun: "If what works for them doesn't work for you... you could try another style. How have you been taught to fight against an opponent stronger than you??"

Lími: "Well, I'm being taught the same way like the others."

Sigrun: "Show me your stance."

Lími: "O-okay." Limi performs a stiff Viking stance, but looks a little bit too unnaturally rigid.

Sigrun: "Well... " the cow looks him over and puts a hoof at his shoulder; "You first need to relax yourself... you're stiff and rigid."

Lími: Nodding, the calf loosens up his stance, although a trained eye would notice that he still has a somewhat excessively rigid grip on his weapon.

Sigrun: "Now loosen up your grip a bit..."

Lími: He does as the Jarl instructs, loosening his grip, but not by too much.

Sigrun: "Now let your opponent make their move first... try to stay limber and move swiftly..."

Lími: "But I thought that in combat, you win by relentlessly pounding your foe into submission."

Sigrun: "Only when you are stronger or larger than your opponent... and even then it may not work. When you are smaller and not as strong as your enemy, you must use their strength and power against them. Relax your muscles so they can move swiftly, and without resistance... Move smoothly yet quickly, don't overthink your next movement or wait... let your strokes come from yourself... from your spirit. Believe it or not... there are those stronger and larger than me..."

Lími: "You mean dragons?"

Sigrun: "And moose... and Hydras... and lindworms, dread wolves, Ursas... some demons... there are a lot of creatures larger than me."

Lími: "So that's your secret for defeating them all?"

Sigrun:: "The philosophy doesn't guarantee victory... that is merely how I fight in combat Limi. I practice my sword swings everyday... Even the basics."

Lími: "If that is how you fight in combat, why don't the other trainers teach your method?"

Sigrun: "Well, some prefer the old ways of combat, plus anyone can use the style that works best for them... also it's not always an easy method to teach or demonstrate. For example... in combat I often make sure to target the most vulnerable points on our kind's body..."

Lími: "Like the limbs?"

Sigrun: "More accurately, the knees, the area where the hoof meets the leg... the neck, places like that."

Lími: The boy nods in understanding. "......I- I don't wish to burden you further my Jarl...... but would you be able to teach me your technique?" The young bull looks up at Sigrun expectantly.

Sigrun: "Hm... I believe I could... Be warned though... I won't go easy on you. I'll expect you to train often, make your muscles stronger with push-ups and the like. I will also teach you it's principles..."

Lími: "I understand, Sigrun....."

*MORE CHAT ROLEPLAYS TO COME*

• 2 weeks later...

*THE (ATTEMPTED) CALFNAPPING*

Jarl Sigrun: The Jarl of Clan Askr sleeps peacefully in her sleeping quarters inside her keep.

mi: Meanwhile in his adjacent chambers, the adolescent boy who serves as Sigrun's ward stays up late again, reading old scrolls. Lími finds free time to read is secrecy whenever he can.

Sigrun: Suddenly, there was a loud series of thumps and the sounds of struggle coming from the Jarl's room, followed by one loud sound of something falling lifeless on the floor.

mi: The boy gasps; "Sigrun?" Cautiously, Lími exits his chamber and quietly nudges Sigrun's chamber door open, peeking inside; "S-S-Sigrun?"

Sigrun: Inside the room, the cow huffs and puffs as she stands above an unconscious, larger caribou bull. The male held a blade, while a noticeable cut on the Jarl's side could be glimpsed from where Lími stood. Sigrun sat down and winced; "Oh... Limi... could you get me the medicinal kit in by drawer?"

mi: It takes a moment for Sigrun's ward to process the situation before jumping into action; "Oh, r-r-right away!" With haste, Lími fetches the kit and canters over to the Jarl's side. The boy glances at the fallen attacker; "Who... is he?"

Sigrun: The injured cow takes a deep breath and tabs a dab of an antibiotic ointment, placing it over the cut. She then removes a needle and some threads. When Sigrun hears the calf's question, she also looks toward the intruder, marked with a symbol of Clan Olin on his side. "It's not important right now. At least he's been disposed of for now... I'll need to get someone to tie him up fast..."

mi: "I'll summon the guards for you..." With a shudder, Lími starts making his way out of the room-

Sigrun: "Um Limi.... are you alright?"

mi: The wide-eyed lad stops dead in his tracks; "Uhhh, what do you mean?" Lími looks ill at ease, thinking that valuable time is being lost from lingering in his guardian's chambers.

Sigrun: "Nevermind... just come back with the guards and don't leave their side."

mi: Nodding, the calf leaves to fulfill his Jarl's command. Two minutes pass; oddly enough, Lími fails to come back with the promised guards. No sound can be heard from outside the chambers.

Sigrun: Sigrun winces and stifles any noises she's made as she sutures up her wound. Once it becomes apparent that too much time has passed, the Jarl goes wide eyed and scrambles to get up to her hooves; "Where is Limi!?"

???: The faint sounds of a potential struggle can be heard from the direction of the keep's Great Hall, but just barely.

Sigrun: Sigrun goes wide eyed and waves over a pair of guards from the opposite direction; "What are you fools doing?! Seize him," she points to the reeling assialant back in her room; "And come with me!" She didn't really bother waiting for them and almost immediately, she barges inside the Great Hall.

???: In the Great Hall, a giant bull moose with a great red beard, an eye patch, and a strange metal barrel has somehow got Lími tied-up, carrying him on his back; "Not one step closer!!!"

Sigrun: "Very well... but you're not to go one step farther." The caribou Jarl took an oversized sword (an enchanted relic of a conquered clan) off a display plaque behind her, and threw it with enough force to cut the bull's device in half.

Bull Moose: His hoof cannon inoperable, the growling moose quickly gets out a small fused bomb and a lighted match; "You shouldn't have done that, lady...."

Sigrun: The Jarl broke into a gallop of unprecedented speed, channeling all her strength into her legs. Before the moose could react, Sigrun snagged the tied up Lími from the moose's back and then kicked the bull and his bomb towards the door.

Moose: The moose should be thankful that his match didn't come in contact with the bomb's fuse. The explosion... would not have been pleasant. Before he is able to recover and arise, other guards come in to surround the indignant bull; "This ain't over! Not until your captive goes free!!!"

Sigrun: The cow pays him no mind, putting Lími down before taking a dagger and cutting his bonds loose; "Are you alright , Limi?" she asked with much motherly concern. Not a second after, Sigrun pulled the calf into a warm hug between her forelegs.

mi: "I'm sorry Sigrun, I think they were counting on me to summon help for you." Despite his shame, Lími returns the hug.

Sigrun: "I'm sorry... I should have seen it coming." Sigrun keeps holding Lími tightly, apparently trying to hold back tears before calming herself down and smiling down at the boy, "Maybe you should stay with me tonight."

miAlthough not the most warrior-like of caribou, the calf feels self-conscious over having his guardian personally watch over him after a failed calfnapping. "I uhhh, think the threat has passed now Sigrun. Perhaps posting extra guards should suffice?" Lími breaks free from the hug; "Hammer will also be in my chambers with me."

Sigrun: The cow nods; "You're correct... just be careful, Limi."

mi: "I won't be as inattentive again. I swear it!"

Sigrun: ".....Well, goodnight Limi.........."

*MORE CHATS TO COME*

Archived