I needs help...

Good mooooooorrrrnin' Canterlot!

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I've just started a Youtube channel where I'm uploading Let's Plays, however, I've been trying to decide on a closing catch phrase. My mind unfortunately hasn't been able to conjure up anything.

So I want to ask, what sort of outro catchphrase do you guys think I should use? 

Well, do you think a catchphrase is absolutely necessary?

Sometimes I find myself turned off by YouTube channels that force themselves to follow some kind of 'protocol'. I know the really popular channels all have specific intros and outros, they have a name for their fan base, they have a catchphrase, they have running jokes, etc etc. But I think that stuff is better when it comes naturally. Rather than fabricating jokes or catchphrases, wait till your fan base picks up on something you said that stood out to them. They'll appreciate it a lot more when you acknowledge something that they chose!

My favorite example of this comes from Good Mythical Morning. They eat weird stuff, like, a lot. One episode they were eating worms of all things and the crew members who prepared the worms were all giggly about it. To provide some solace, they said "The worms were boiled for safety" which really isn't comforting at all, but that's what makes it funny. I see that in the comments section all the time now. "Don't worry, blank was boiled for safety." stuff that's ironic and meant to be comforting, but when you come down to it, you're still eating worms.

But all of that aside I'd love to see a YouTuber end all happy, giving the usual spiel of 'Like, comment, favorite, subscribe! See you next time blahblahblah!' then suddenly taking on a serious expression and a deeper voice to say "Don't laugh at me." right before the video cuts off. My humor is kinda weird.

13 hours ago, Mute said:

Well, do you think a catchphrase is absolutely necessary?

Sometimes I find myself turned off by YouTube channels that force themselves to follow some kind of 'protocol'. I know the really popular channels all have specific intros and outros, they have a name for their fan base, they have a catchphrase, they have running jokes, etc etc. But I think that stuff is better when it comes naturally. Rather than fabricating jokes or catchphrases, wait till your fan base picks up on something you said that stood out to them. They'll appreciate it a lot more when you acknowledge something that they chose!

My favorite example of this comes from Good Mythical Morning. They eat weird stuff, like, a lot. One episode they were eating worms of all things and the crew members who prepared the worms were all giggly about it. To provide some solace, they said "The worms were boiled for safety" which really isn't comforting at all, but that's what makes it funny. I see that in the comments section all the time now. "Don't worry, blank was boiled for safety." stuff that's ironic and meant to be comforting, but when you come down to it, you're still eating worms.

But all of that aside I'd love to see a YouTuber end all happy, giving the usual spiel of 'Like, comment, favorite, subscribe! See you next time blahblahblah!' then suddenly taking on a serious expression and a deeper voice to say "Don't laugh at me." right before the video cuts off. My humor is kinda weird.

A catchphrase isn't something you need, it's just something you make.

Honestly, Alex, a catchphrase isn't something people should help you make up. You make it up yourself, be it on purpose or on the whim, or something you were inspired by.

Although, my personal suggestions are: Don't introduce yourself the same way all the time, and don't conclude an episode with a good-bye until the final part of the gameplay/video project. It makes it feel less repetitive, which actually makes it more genuine.

If I had a "catchphrase", it wouldn't be a one liner like PewDiePie or Markiplier would usually make, it would actually end an episode with something witty or meaningful.

Fair enough. I've figured closing catch phrases would basically fit my personality better. The reason why I'm asking for help is because I haven't been very inspired lately. Of course, I'm pretty sure I could come up with one.

20 hours ago, AlextheAngel said:

Fair enough. I've figured closing catch phrases would basically fit my personality better. The reason why I'm asking for help is because I haven't been very inspired lately. Of course, I'm pretty sure I could come up with one.

Once again, to repeat myself on the first thing I said: It isn't something you need, it's just something you make.

Archived