Dusty S Hooves [Ready]

Dusty

HUBMzV2.jpg

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria Roleplay.

Name: “Dusty” Snow Hooves, better known as Dusty S Hooves.

Sex: Male.

Species:  Mule/Unicorn, removed his horn and looks like an Earth Pony.

Eye colour: Ice blue.

Coat: A dirty tannish white.

Mane/Tail: Pink, dyes it a darkish blue and purple.

Physique: Very strong and heavily built, looks nothing like most unicorns and is unusually tall. (Standing a full head taller than Big Mac)

Residence: Under the sky and wherever his hooves take him.

Cutie Mark: Two train tracks making an “X” over a coin.

Unique Traits: Dusty has no magic as his horn was damaged at a young age and it severely hampered his learning of magic. The horn was fully removed after a train robbery accident where he fell off the moving train and severely damaged the horn. Already unskilled with magic and unwilling to use it he chose to have the damaged horn fully removed, one can find the horn stump on the top of his head if one pushes his mane and hat out of the way. Dusty has an easily spotted limp in his back left leg thanks to improper healing of a broken bone, does not hamper him outside of galloping as the limp slows down his top speed.

History: Dusty's history is long and full of stories, hardships and countless adventures from his life of crime, to nomadic wandering seeking his place in life to finally finding something he can call home, fostering a family and now seeking to tie off old loose ends and repair some of the damage he did in his youth.

Youth: Dusty was born to unknown parents in the Painted Pinto Desert, all that is known is one must have been a unicorn and the other a donkey as Dusty was born a Mule. He was found outside the tent of an outlaw named Bella Star. A Mule just like Dusty, she fell in love with him the moment she found the the very young foal crying outside her home and adopted him as family.

Bella Star raised Dusty as if he were her flesh and blood and used her outlaw lifestyle to feed, clothe and raise Dusty. It was a hard and uneasy life for them both but as Dusty grew up it was the only life he knew and at a very young age he joined his mother in robberies, using his cute looks and age to trick ponies into traps. Learning from his mother and living the outlaw life from the very start he grew to be a very skilled bandit and found his cutie mark early on in life during a daring train robbery with his adopted mother. That event forever confirmed in the young Mule’s mind he was born to be the world's greatest outlaw to ever live.

Early Adult life, gangs and outlaws: As Dusty grew older the day finally came when he was no longer a colt, but a young stallion. Driven by a dream to be the greatest to ever live, he gave Bella Star a tearful goodbye and promised to make the ageing mule proud. So taking some of his closest friends he split off from his mother's gang and made a new one named the “Broken Moon.” Starting small his gang quickly grew in size as outcasts, bandits and outlaws flocked to Dusty's flag and the dream of being the greatest gang of all time, to have all of their names forever remembered as the great scourge of west. This was short lived like all young and overly prideful dreams as Dusty soon faced the reality of the world. Years passed and the Broken Moon Gang started to shatter from infighting, greed and backstabbing as the ponies that flocked to his banner felt Dusty was failing to make them as great as he claimed to be.

The death blow came in a failed raid on a wagon caravan, a trap laid out by do-gooders and law enforcement. Dusty's gang walked headlong into a trap that captured most of its leadership and members. The few that got away with Dusty were all but shattered, angry and upset at their foolish leader and the last of his gang broke apart. Dusty celebrated being a mid aged Stallion by drinking alone on one far too quiet night as he watched his hopes, dreams and pride burn away in a campfire as the gravity of his life fell on his shoulders. He failed to even come close to his dreams, his gang was just another footnote of crime in the west that was cleaned up and soon to be forgotten to history.

An early mid life crisis: With his gang broken, his hopes and dreams shattered and blowing away like sand Dusty found himself at a loss in life. He had no friends, no home and nothing to his name but a dead gang. He wandered the Painted Pinto Desert with no aim or purpose outside of living day to day as guilt, depression and morality crushed him like a large boulder chained to his back. Searching for his adopted mother for a year's time Dusty left the Desert he knew as his only home, following an old trail of stories as he hopped outpost to outpost. As his unbearable hopelessness grew he made his way into Beakbreak City as his last stop.

It was in this dingy city he found his mother, rather, she found him. A drunk homeless pony with hardly a coin to his name. Dusty was as happy to meet his adopted mother as he was heartbroken to have her see him so broken. But her love for him was unmatched and she took Dusty back into her life and nursed him back to health as she repaired and healed the broken Stallion. If not for the love only a mother can have Dusty does not know how long he’d have held out but with her by his side Dusty regained his strength and found new pride.

Working in the ship-breaking yard he regained much of his strength and paid off old debts and soon found his coin growing. But deep inside Dusty knew something was missing in his life, this city life was not for him and he never felt at home in the sounds of such an industrial city. So, after many weeks of talking with his mother she and him sold off their home and purchased a wagon and set forth from the city to a land where they could let old dreams die and build new ones. The land they picked was one far removed from the world, the Badlands. With the stars to their backs and dirt underhoof the two went forth, later that day as the two sat around a campfire, they both knew THIS was where they belonged as the stars flickered like candles in the sky.

The Badlands to present day: The years that followed Dusty's departure of Beakbreak City were ones of adventures, exploring and seeking the unknown as he and his mother traveled and braved the dangers of the Badlands, but growing up in the hash Painted Pinto Desert forged such willpower and skill in the two. They viewed the Badlands as a much colder Painted Pinto Desert with a heck of a lot more trees for firewood. Removed from most of civilization the two lived off the land and felt true joy and freedom in their new home.

But as his mother aged Dusty knew they’d need to settle down for good. This is what lead them to meeting a nomadic clan of ponies that called the Badlands home just like Dusty and his Mother. A Clan of outcasts, barbarians and unwanted ponies it was a small but close family and Dusty found a kinship inside of them he so long missed from his days in Gangs out west. Named the Wolves of Frost this nomadic family quickly saw Dusty and Bella Star as kin. In this family Dusty found the mare that became his wife, a witch named Hazel Nut.

As an ageing Stallion Dusty finally found true happiness by the side of his wife and family and with the power of dark witch magic, Hazel gifted something Dusty never believed he’d have thanks to him being a Mule. Foals. Hazel had two foals that Dusty and her named North Hooves And Walnut. They were the joy of Dusty's life and one oh so happy Bella Star that got to be a grandmother. But this happiness was short lived, Dusty found his dreams haunted by his past. Guilt from his outlaw life and crimes haunted him. The ponies he betrayed, abandoned and hurt taunted him in his dreams. Hazel called on her magic to heal him and found no cure but one. Dusty had to tie loose ends, repay for past crimes head back to the land of his youth and in it, forgive himself.

So, after weeks of preparing Dusty fixed his old wagon up wished his family goodbye, his mom, wife and kids. This was a task he had to undertake alone and so at the end of a foreboding winter he sent forth to the east to rejoin civilization and with luck, undo the sins of his past.

Character Personality: “Beginnings.The older you get, the more hard they become. It hasn't been easy on me, spent much of my life learning life's ways. But… Whatever your past, there's always the possibility of starting over. Always.” ~Dusty

Dusty has dealt with life at it’s worst and best, he’s seen the gift of life and that gift being taken away. But from this long life he’s gained much wisdom and insight how to be happy and where to dig it out of some hard times, as such he is often seen as cold but happy Stallion that even if he comes off as distant sometimes. He has a heart of gold and honestly wants to repair what he did in the past get one last adventure or two in before he heads back home.

Character Summary: Dusty is an ex-outlaw that was born into that life. Full of dreams and hope the young outlaw tossed himself at life and lost everything he wanted to be. He spent much of his life wandering with the stars on his back and dirt under hoof as he sneaked out a new purpose in life and in this time faced many hardships. He finally reunited with his mother and with her by his side, a lot of old wounds were healed as moved on with her too try and make a new home and find new purpose in life. He found this in the Badlands as he gained a new family and new friends and soon after, a wife and kids. But haunted by his past Dusty has gone back to the land he use to call home work on fixing old sins and to finally be at peace with himself.

Hiya there, Dusty! Seems I'm gona be the one to tackle this app... well not literally but, yep, I'm gonna be giving it the initial review! Let's make this as painless as possible, shall we? :D

22 hours ago, Dusty said:

Stallion. (43 in human years)

First off, the age. I understand it's been a while since you app'd an OC here but we've sorta changed the rules regarding how age is categorized. We don't use number so much now as variations of "Stallion, older stallion, or elderly stallion" So rather than quantifying him at the age of forty-three Maybe you should go with something more like "Middle aged stallion" or something similar.

Species:  Mule/Unicorn, removed his horn and looks like an Earth Pony.

Unique Traits: No magic, cut off horn, has an easily seen limp in his back left leg.

This in your character kind of makes me wonder. Not the limp, that's fine. But his lack of horn. If he can't use the magic and the horn doesn't show because he removed it I feel there should be a valid character based reason for it's removal in his background if you want to keep this trait. It seems a tad unecessary to include such a specific detail if it won't come up in RP. 

When you can tell me what you think about these proposed changes or make them if you wish to! Once we're ready I can send this up to higher review and hopefully get Dusty stamped!

4 hours ago, Pretzelpony said:

First off, the age. I understand it's been a while since you app'd an OC here but we've sorta changed the rules regarding how age is categorized. We don't use number so much now as variations of "Stallion, older stallion, or elderly stallion" So rather than quantifying him at the age of forty-three Maybe you should go with something more like "Middle aged stallion" or something similar.

An easy fix!

4 hours ago, Pretzelpony said:

This in your character kind of makes me wonder. Not the limp, that's fine. But his lack of horn. If he can't use the magic and the horn doesn't show because he removed it I feel there should be a valid character based reason for it's removal in his background if you want to keep this trait. It seems a tad unecessary to include such a specific detail if it won't come up in RP. 

Ya that was something I overlooked as I cut his history down to make it more fun to read and less of a textbook and one that was silly to overlook. I am unsure how too easy fold it back into his history without making it stick out as something I shoved back in, so i am going to fold it in too his Unique Traits and see how you feel on that.

Change log: Removed number from age, Expanded on why he has a missing horn and limp. 

6 hours ago, Dusty said:

Ya that was something I overlooked as I cut his history down to make it more fun to read and less of a textbook and one that was silly to overlook. I am unsure how too easy fold it back into his history without making it stick out as something I shoved back in, so i am going to fold it in too his Unique Traits and see how you feel on that.

Change log: Removed number from age, Expanded on why he has a missing horn and limp. 

Asl yourself, is the broken/removed horn thing entirely necessary? and will it come up in Rp or wind up being at all important? It are dead set on Keeping it I don't mind at all! I just can't help but feel it's a bit unnecessary to the character. Is his lineage being a unicorn going to be all that important? I really hope I'm not coming off as being nitpicky. 

Everything in his history in and after “Early Adult life, gangs and outlaws” was history built by rping. So yes, that is very important to me as it was in RP that horn was lost. I can’t just remove that from him, even if it’s small and most will never care to point it out it holds a lot of feelings for me, just like the scar over his eye or the limp in his leg they are all part of what he is. I hope that explains why it matters so much to me even if it's a small minor detail that is not " entirely necessary".

17 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Everything in his history in and after “Early Adult life, gangs and outlaws” was history built by rping. So yes, that is very important to me as it was in RP that horn was lost. I can’t just remove that from him, even if it’s small and most will never care to point it out it holds a lot of feelings for me, just like the scar over his eye or the limp in his leg they are all part of what he is. I hope that explains why it matters so much to me even if it's small minor detail that is not " entirely necessary".

Okay! I understand how much a characters rp history can matter myself. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was belittling something of your character! Seeing how much this trait means to your experiences with him, I'll be passing him up to higher review! To be honest I'm looking forward to seeing this fella in rp! I've even got a character who'd love to hear his stories one day!

Archived