[Sponsored] The Grand Ballroom

Rarity laughed at the princess' words. "i'd find it a tall order to 'show you up' looking as you do today," she said with a smile. It was stil so odd to her when she considered it all, but when it came to Bluebelle some things simply could not be denied.

Turning to Valen at his questions, Rarity couldn't help but find the youth's excitement absolutely infectious. "Ponyville is about the same as ever, dear. Which is to say that there's always something or other happening there," she giggled. "As for Manehattan, I'm surprised you haven't dropped by yet. It's been a rousing success. From my understanding, the crowds are such that Miss Pomel and the others rarely are able to keep up. As for the dance club, it's no lie. It was my friend Pinkie's idea and while I was unsure about it at first, I find it gives the boutique an atmosphere which cannot be denied and is more than fitting with the big city!"

"But enough of me, what of you dear? That uniform suits you very well. You're positively adorable!" she cheerfully exclaimed.

It was then that she was approached out of nowhere by a rather brash mare with a heavy Stalliongrad accent. She announced herself to be a fan of Rarity's. Rarity was used to dealing with fans at this point. Being a known commodity they were now to her an inevitability. Generally however, her fans were of a certain mold and this mare with her rough attitude... and let's just say less than fashionable... attire didn't look like the typical picture of a fan.

"Certainly, dear. I'm always pleased to speak with fans of fashion," Rarity said, finding it somewhat odd to say for how the mare's drab dress looked.

Bluebelle found her attention again then and pointed out a beautiful Quilin in attendance. Rarity stared and found herself very much impressed.

"Indeed. I would say I'm very much interested in Long Guo fashion. I heard about the Empress' visit tonight and was hoping I might see some well dressed Quilin to inspire me. Looks like I'm already getting my wish."

The princess was promptly after that joined by another beautiful--if exceedingly large--mare of whom she seemed rather fond. Clearly this was the princess' date for the night, and Rarity couldn't help but think they looked a good match.

"And who might this be?" she asked as she watched the two share an affectionate moment. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USG3AI7.png?1

The red mare did not have the nerve to question the good prince about his...her...changes. Thankfully the royal unicorn decided to answer her unasked question out-loud. Fire Walker was surprised he did not break out an microphone, but the gender-switched pony still had a very strong voice that could be heard from nearly all parts of the Grand Ballroom.  The mare listened and while she lived in a strange world full of monsters and magic, this still sounded something that had been bounced right out of the crazy factory. The stallion was sick. He was cured by Princess Twilight. While the purple unicorn was a prodigy in magic, even at an early age, Fire was pretty sure she never attended medical school. This was Blueblood's mistake. And a sneeze disrupted and changed her spell? That was very bizarre. And thus the good prince could now switch between male and female forms? The mare also decided she would not even think what Blueblood did the moment he turned into a girl. That was not for sane minds to conceive. No! Stop it! Shoo! Bad thoughts!

And speaking of princes, the good caribou Lími appeared to be calming down. This was a good thing. The poor boy had been through enough and now they could rela....erm What was Swift on about? While the officer managed to keep her jaw from dropping during the Blueblood's story, it was now rather close to hitting the ground as she heard her beloved speak rather unkindly to the poor lad.  And while she respected the fire in her stallion's belly, this was hardly the time or place to discuss or even speak of such a thing. And maybe this was probably not something that needed to be spoken to directly to the good prince. She glanced over at the poor prince with a mix of anger for Swift and sadness over Lími's people. She wanted to wrap her forelegs around the poor guy in an hug and tell him that everything will get better. It always has and will always be. But while he was young, he was not a baby. It probably took an good deal of inner strength to keep himself from kicking the cutie mark off of the unicorn.

"Swift.", she whispered, "Please excuse yourself. We need to talk. Now." There was more than a sense of urgency in her tone. She was not a happy pony.

Star Crusader’s head soon rose up with a ghost of a smile on her lips. Her eyes turned to Fire Walker, to whom she greeted with a polite honorific gesture. A hoof across her chest and a small respectful bow. A gesture for a sister at arms. “Hello again, Fire Walker. I hope you’ve recovered well enough from the last bout?” The mare asked.

Though truth was, she was probably the one that left in the worst condition out of all of em. Running shield and face first into a death beam would definitely do that to some pony. Though she was pretty much undaunted by the assault. Just hurting all over and boiling inside with a violent anger at the time. You wouldn’t notice it though. The mare, who prefers to avoid the daily use of makeup, bore not a single scar on her, and her fur had grown in full.

“And I can only assume this stallion…” the mare paused for a moment as her eyes studied Swift. Seems like the pony fit the description she had from her brother during the caribou attack. The one whom had no record on the Airship’s Dossiers of even being apart of the mission.  “… is your date of the night?”

She –had- forgone investigating this pony’s involvement for the fact that he was one of the ponies that had assisted her brother, along with a changeling she had met previously. However… that didn’t quite stop her for doing a background check when she heard her coltfriend had invited the pony over. His conduct was historically not the greatest.

Still… Crusader was rarely known for a good judge of character. She instead tends to keep careful watch over everything, and evaluate then. If the prince saw it ok, then she’d be at ease for now.

Plus her friend was dating this stallion. Surely Fire Walker could have chosen well!

Crusader’s jaw set its self. What. The. Buck.

Her eyes quickly flicked to crusader. And though her stoic face barely showed any internal thought. Those who knew the pony well enough could see the message in her eyes. ‘Please tell me you’re not with him because you thought you couldn’t do any better.’

The mare soon stepped forward after Limi was finished speaking. Her eyes set on Swift sternly.

“If I may interject,  young Limi. Swift, I sincerely suggest that you choose your words with careful thought tonight. You’re saying the wrong things on dangerous grounds. I shouldn’t have to warn you what happens if you cause a severe disturbance.” And by that… Crusader means flaring the wrong pony’s anger.

Once the mare recieved confirmation of understanding from the other, she'd give a short and curt nod before turning to Rarity. Her eye's scanned over the smaller mare for a moment, taking in a few details. She'd admit that she has some envy. Rarity was everything that a mare would love to be. Many of which were concepts that Crusader couldn't even comprehend.

"I apologize for the delay. I am Star Crusader. Prince Blueblood and Princess Bluebelle's acting honor guard as well as date for tonight."

Sunrise smiled again, nodding at Mei's compliment. 

"Thank you, I like to think so." She said, stifling her giggles at the reaction Mei had to her compliment, though she paid no less attention for it. Long Guo? Qilin? She didn't remember hearing about these things before... Although, wasn't there some foreign leader here? Perhaps she should go visit at some point. 

"Well, if you are any indication, I am sure the Qilin are lovely people." She said with a smile, though that faded as the commotion reached their ears. She looked over, scanning for familiar faces in the crowd, and spotted at least one mare she remembered from that horrid experience in the Crystal Empire. Then there was another mare that looked remarkably like Blueblood... 

"Could they have been true?" She said to herself, her eyes widening a bit. She had heard that Blueblood had become Bluebelle, but she had dismissed them as silly rumors. To see that they were true came as more than a bit of a shock. Her eyes followed the stallion-turned-mare as he left the group to mingle, lingering for a moment before she shook herself out of it and looked back to her conversational partner. 

"Long Guo sounds like a wonderful place to visit as well, I may just do that when I have time for a vacation." She said, trying to get Mei's attention back as well. 

Everything seemed to be going Tarisio's way this evening. No raised alarms, no guards giving him suspicious looks. It seemed that so far no one at the gala had caught wind of just who he was just yet. Yes, everything was going spectacularly! It seemed that across the way even Minerva was finally making the acquaintance of someone. Perhaps she'd have a good night yet. As if to compound upon an already wonderful start to the evening, a vision of beauty found her way to grace him with her presence. He made himself a promise though! Flirtation must wait until after he was certain the intended had no date. Normally he had little concern over that, but to start a scene at someplace such as this? The captain was no fool. Ah sì! Buonasera bellissima." the griffon responded with a deep bow and a smile. "To take the time to relax and enjoy the finer things life has to offer after many a day sailing the open skies. And please, forgive my impetuousness for saying that the grace of your presence has been placed highly upon that list." Perhaps...just a little flirting.

---

The dull embarrassed blush that so stained Minvera's cheeks only grew brighter at the mare's compliment. She had no experience with this sort of thing, and if this unicorn was just saying it to be nice or genuinely meant it? Well if it was a lie it was a least one that made the bulky female a little happier. "Heh...thanks. I think the captain said it was uhm...Shimmersilk? It's from Long Guo. I hate to say it but it is pretty darn comfy, even if I'd rather be wearing something less..." the griffoness twirled in place causing the dress to sparkle, shine and gently waft in the breeze. ...billowy. As for where I'm from? I've lived in Talonopolis and I've lived in Rockwington. They had their ups and downs, but it's been a long while since I've stayed in one place. I'm the first mate on a shipping vessel, so we don't have a lot of down time." it wasn't a lie. The downtime part was whole truth! And the 'shipping' portion well...they did ship goods from other ships to their own holdouts. So that wasn't...completely a lie! The truth outweighed it easily.

Ice Storm couldn't help but let her smile warm and broaden a bit when she saw the griffon blush a bit more from the compliment, but more so from the fact that the griffoness seemed to be calming down and becoming happier and she appeared less anxious. That was her ultimate goal anyway was to make her feel welcome to the Gala even if she really didn't want to be here. Her thought was if you absolutely had to go somewhere, you might as well make it enjoyable right? "Long Guo? I've heard of that place. I know it's really far away so I haven't had a chance to get their myself. I didn't know that they were importing silk like this though! You said it was Shimmersilk? I'll have to ask Glitzen or Rarity if they would be able to get a hold of that at some point," she replied.

From there Minerva said that while the silk was comfortable she preferred to be in something less billowy. She did a small twirl to accentuate just how flowy the dress was. It indeed looked quite breezy. "I would actually love a dress that breaths like that, but I've never been one for overly warm or hot clothing. This is actually the warmest thing I wear, and even then it is a bit hot for me," she stated lifting a leg to accentuate her own dress.

She did however pay very close attention when she started speaking of Talonopolis and Rockwington. She had heard very little about them before, but mainly from other ponies, and she wasn't sure what she could believe when it came from them. Unfortunately Minerva wasn't able to give her much of any information about them as she said that she spent most of her time on a shipping vessel, and that they didn't really get a lot of down time to explore the lands that she was from. Of course, considering that she had said that she was the first mate of the the shipping vessel, it really wasn't a surprise. "Well then, next time you're picking up and trading any of this shimmersilk, you'll have to let me know where it's getting shipped to, or if you sell it yourselves. Considering I own four shops, I'm pretty well off financially, so I could afford to spend a bit more freely than most," she smiled to the griffon.

It was about this time when she started to hear a bit more commotion behind her around Swift Squall. It seemed that he was making himself even more of a problem even though she hadn't heard him really say anything yet, although their was one mare that she recognized immediately. It was Fire Walker, the mare that her ex swindled while he was engaged to her. She could still remember the day that he dropped the bombshell on both of them, and neither of them really were able to take it well. She made a mental note to walk over and speak with Fire and check up on how she's been since their small tea party a while back. She had hoped to strike a good friendship with her afterwards, both to show no hard feelings, and because she seemed like a good friend to have, but her recent expeditions in EPIC had seen to it that she didn't have very much in the way of free time any more to do things like make friendships. However it appeared that right now, Fire had other plans, and gauging by her look towards Swift Squall, they weren't very pleasant. She turned back to the Minerva. "Well, I'm glad I'm not him right now."

XqEzCsl.png

It appeared as if Lími’s verbal bout with Sir Squall was drawing a little too much attention. Many guests had turned their heads to listen in on the caribou’s passionate defense of the Chieftain of Askr, a couple of them even chipped in on his behalf. As it should go without saying, a Gala was not the place to let drama fester, and sure enough, Princess Bluebelle arrived and put herself between Lími and the duster-garbed unicorn. Whatever reply Squall may have had in store, Lími was never going to hear it now... which might have been for the best.

Bluebelle herself proved to be a caring sort of mare, asking that Lími retrieve his mother from the Lounge. After sharing a subdued laugh over a well-timed burst of Equestrian folk music, the princely young bull nodded and put a hoof over his heart; “I’ll be glad to summon Jarl Sigrun to the Ballroom, Your Highness. Fare well Princess Bluebelle; may your mane continue to shine with the light of the Sun.”

Giving last nods to both the red and the whitish-blue pegasi, Lími took his leave. It was back to weaving through the crowd, pardoning and excusing his way from the Ballroom’s center all the way to its edge. Times like this made Lími glad for his growth spurt, gifting him a clear height advantage over the average pony. While the caribou slightly questioned Bluebelle’s wisdom in bringing Sigrun out, he also admitted that perhaps this was just want ponies needed to see that the Jarl was indeed the same valiant caribou like always.

Besides... things could never get any worse than Jarl Sigrun’s debut appearance in the Crystal Empire back in-

Wait... Lími finally remembered!

---

Still a child according to the customs of the Viking Caribou, the adolescent ward of Jarl Sigrun watched from behind as his guardian, the Jarl of Askr, addressed the crystal ponies still reeling from the sacking of their city by the Red Jarl:

"All of you are to assist in the re-construction and repair of all buildings in this district. The head Craftsbull is to speak to as many ponies as possible and coordinate with all efforts to return this empire to its glory!"

One unicorn, a duster-wearing stallion, offered a hostile sword in return; "We had enough for Jarls who thought that they can do as they please without permission. Jarls and caribou overall. . . . If you want to help, the best way would get yourself and whatever else that came from Whitescar back to that airship and get lost."

---

So THAT’S where Lími recognized Sir Squall from! Hmmm..... it was pleasantly surprising that a swordstallion who had once bitterly rejected the assistance of friendly Clan Askr would come around and avail Askr when it’s time of need came. Lími would grant Squall that much. Too bad heroism wasn’t always mutually inclusive with likeability.

While Lími was busy coming to that realization, he continued on his way past sharply dressed guests. His gaze was transfixed on the path ahead, not particularly interested in glancing around for familiar faces in a sea of Gala attendees.....

Rarity's time in Ponyville certainly proved that in a quiet little town one could expect anything other than calmness and stillness of action if you truly put yourself out there. Equestria was full of hamlets like Ponyville that had the appearance of silence but once explored could be filled with a great deal of excitement. Of course Ponyville was unique in so many ways that a direct comparison would find most places lacking, not least of all was the presence of Miss Rarity herself. He needed to make his way back there soon. He had just ended a stretch of tours around Equestria and then hopped into this job with the royalty. Before shifting back to Manehattan he'd have to visit her.

"Alas, demands have taken my time away from other pursuits, Miss Rarity. I was on a short tour in eastern Equestria before I came to Canterlot to speak with the Princess Bluebelle. I ended up getting a little job with her and have been at it for the past several months- not a bad way to spend a summer I do believe, even if it doesn't make as much bits as modelling. Far less scrutiny and much more relaxing. I've wanted to make my way to Manehattan but I've just been so busy! It is sad. I want to see Rarity For You so bad that it hurts my legs. Oh well- it will be there for a very long time I'm sure. No reason to get my knickers in a twist," Valen said as he looked out at the growing number of guests in the ballroom. Well, a servant's task was never done. "I'll be back, Miss Rarity, in just a moment."

First up was a griffon. Something was familiar about him this griffon who called himself Tarsio. The guest list hadn't listed his occupation but the name was on the mind. He felt like he had read it in the paper a while ago. It was scratching around back there but nonetheless, he was another guest who he may as well serve. Valen bounded up to the griffon. "Excuse me dear sir, is there anything I could get for you to drink?" Valen asked, making sure the accent stuck. Didn't want strangers to be so strange after all. He was still wracking his brain, trying to find out who this griffon was. Maybe more would reveal itself as time went along. But as he finished getting the drink order from Tarsio, another pony stole his attention.

This one was the mountain of a mare that was the Princess' date for the evening, Miss Crusader. A most unusual choice by Valen's reckoning, but he certainly wasn't one to judge. Always good to make sure you had somepony who could also protect you as well as love you, he supposed. Anyway, just as the Princess deserved some nice refreshments, so did her flame. "Madame, what would you like to drink this evening?" Valen asked, noting that this pony could probably beat just about anypony who wasn't in the Lounge with relative ease. Relative, there was at least one caribou about. Valen made a point of not interfering and thus did not know exactly how the two had met, bt good for the Princess' heart to be inflamed so.

The kerfuffle between a handsome young caribou and some of the other guests had stolen attention. Prejudice was something few ponies could claim to be completely absolved of, but generally you saw sincere efforts to pull away from it, not make hard assumptions and push it. The stallion in question and his date could handle themselves- the little bou looked like he could use a drink or, failing that, a friend. Valen would at least provide the former. "Hello there Sir Limi. Would you like something to drink?" He asked pleasantly, wanting him to have as soft a landing as possible.

With all of that done, there was the question of whether Rarity wanted anything. On his way, he spoke and trotted. "I've been so busy! The whole summer I've been a maid and it has been an eye opening experiencing. I even had enchantments! Very much a learning experience. Thank you for the compliments on the uniform, by the way. The house staff had one for me, but I made my own about a month ago. I think it looks rather fetching on me!" He laughed lightly, pulling his mane back, "I am about to  get some refreshments. Would you like anything?"

iqY7dA5.png

Well, it both sounded and looked as if all the commotion was settling down...and well, that was all well and good, but the timing couldn't have been poorer! Both interrupting her conversation only to turn around and dissipate before she could get any of the details, hmmph

"Ah, yes," Mei murmured, just a tad reluctantly as her gaze was pulled from the slowly thinning crowd back onto Sunrise, "yes, you should definitely take a trip as soon as you're able. My homeland is beautiful, much of it very natural, you see - oh!" she exclaimed, passion growing in fervor as she foalhood memories warred for attention in her mind, "if you go, you simply must visit Spring Blossom Town. The master crafters hang up their shimmersilk cloths all over the town, the whole town will simply sparkle in the sunlight, especially when - when...mm?..." 

The bright blue Qilin was only vaguely aware that she had trailed off her sentence, pink eyes fixated on the same green cloak that had arrested her attention earlier. This time, however, the cloak was facing her direction - and more importantly, the stallion wearing the cloak was now visible, even if he was both marching at an angle and seemingly being stopped by one of the servers and seemed not to have noticed her at all, even in her beautiful cheongsam. That fact alone might have been a mild source of irritation on a normal day, but the familiar yet foreign face brought back memories of sunset pledges and dogs running through flower fields and spiraling words that sent her heart fluttering towards the clouds, because they'd been written for her, and if she hadn't been aware of her unfinished sentence earlier, she was positively oblivious to the say her hooves carried her forward and forward, forelegs thrown outwards for -

"LÍmi!" she exclaimed, a joyous laugh bursting form her lips as the Qilin wrapped her forelegs around the Reindeer's neck in a tight embrace. She didn't even need to pull back to look into his eyes because oh, it was her Lími, gentle, poetic Lími, and how had she not recognized him earlier? He had more fluff on him now, if that was even possible - and had he always been so soft, or did memory war with fact? - but he was definitely taller, more...defined. More handsome!

But still her sincere and passionate poet, who had dropped down into a bow and pledged himself to the completion of their poem, and Mei giggled again, giving the Reinder another squeeze before she was content to release him.

"LÍmi," she repeated, tail swishing excitedly back and forth, "you're here! You're back! Oh, I hadn't realized - you didn't tell me you would attending this party - oh, but I didn't know would be in attendance until recently - but you could have written - but it doesn't matter, LÍmi, I feel it's been so long and - oh!" she cried out, for what felt like the fifth time that single evening, and promptly grabbed one of the Reindeer's hooves to drag him away from the server and back towards Sunrise, whom she had rather rudely left standing on her own without so much as a 'by your leave.'

"Sunrise, please forgive me," Mei demurred, voice genuine - but even in her contriteness, the Qilin couldn't completely hide the glee coating her voice as she threaded a foreleg through one of Lími's own. "But I hadn't realized my friend here was attending, and I haven't seen him for months and - why didn't you write me - but ah, Sunrise! This is LÍmi," she introduced, pride edging into her tone as she puffed up alongside him, as if she were showing off a particularly exotic pet, "a dear friend of mine. He's a wandering poet who's traveled all over the world! A true gentlepony among all his Reindeer kind. He even wrote a poem for me," Mei concluded, just a hint of smugness entering her words.

She kept her hoof linked through Lími's foreleg the entire time she spoke, because there really was no reason to remove it. As it was. 

During the course of her loud music performance, Tankena had missed the entire 'argument' that was going on with several guests in the ballroom.  The ears of the green Stalliongradian Earth mare heard Rarity briefly speaking to her.  This ended her performance and prompted the roughly dressed mare to dart off in the direction of the fashion pony's voice.  Coming to a screeching stop in front of Rarity, the excited Tankena began to ramble.

"Comrade Rarity!  Forgive me, but I was trying to cheer up Princess Bluebelle with music!  My name is Tankena, but friends call me Tank Mare, it is pleasure to finally meet you!  I am big fan of yours, glad to see how successful you are!  I am a creator of inventions, but also work on fashion too!   See dis dress?  I made it myself!  It is challenge to find proper dress materials in Stalliongrad.  Most ponies in my homeland are too busy making weapons and tools to bother with fashion, but I say PHOOEY to dat kind of thinking!  A Stalliongradian mare can handle spear AND make fine clothing, do you not agree with me?  I was hoping dat you would autograph my fashion scrapbook for me!   It would be great keepsake, yes?"

Tankena immediately put her balalaika away and brought out her HUGE scrapbook.  Opening it, there were many photos of Tankena modeling all of her 'crude' looking line of clothes.  The green Earth mare realized Stalliongrad was not known as a fashion hub, Tankena wanted to change that.

The aristocracy weren't known for plain speaking.  Foals growing up among the upper classes learned earlier than their contemporaries how to parse the subtleties of body and verbal language, and eventually how to employ it themselves.  This kind of clandestine communication could often lead to misunderstanding by the unwary, which was why Princess Bluebelle's senses were especially honed tonight.  The last thing she wanted was her insensitivity ruining some guest's evening.  Again.

Still, one didn't need to be especially receptive to detect the hidden meaning behind Tarisio's tone.  Not the first time she'd been flirted with by a male; even Prince Blueblood had received one or two remarks.  Still, she was grateful for Star's presence by her side; surely no one would dare go too far under her watchful eye, right?  In any case, the Princess felt comfortable enough to reply to the griffon in good humor.  "Hmph, flatterer!  I won't deny that your trip was justified, of course."  She giggled.  "I would be remiss, though, were I to monopolize your attentions.  Save one dance, at least, for each of my Aunties!"  After all she had dealt with from Celestia's sense of fun this time of year, the least Bluebelle could do in return was set her up to dance with a griffon captain of... hm, dubious origin, actually.  She didn't remember inviting him...

Further thoughts along that line were interrupted by Rarity, again.  She was understandably curious about Star Crusader, and the guard herself was introducing herself to the fashionista.  "Yes, the guard of my honor and my heart."  She gave a sincere, warm smile up to Star, before turning back to Rarity.  "We first met in a very... well, unpromising situation.  She helped extract me from the antlers of the High King of the Caribou.  It could only have gone uphill from there, and it did.  After several adventures together, I discovered how much I cared for her, and how well we worked together.  Not to mention, the great help she's been in dealing with my new body."

She was still watching the other guests out of the corner of her eye.  The little group around Swift was breaking up, with Fire Walker pulling him aside for the sort of conversation couples had when one is going to be sleeping on the couch tonight.  She felt a little guilty about not giving her old friend a personal greeting, but hopefully Fire would understand.  Bluebelle would have to catch up with her later.
Limi, it seemed, was catching up with an old friend.  As a mare recently falling into love herself, Bluebelle couldn't help but smile at the scene.  And there was Valen(cia), on the spot as well!  They had a knack for this sort of work, the royal had to admit.

But, the Princess had work herself, and that included making the full round of the guests.  Leaving the Qilin to re-connect with the caribou for now, Bluebelle amde her way over to Ice Storm and the other griffon, bowing to the unicorn in greeting.  "Lady Icy, if you don't mind the informality?  I don't think I've seen you since the Crystal Faire.  I'm certain you haven't seen me like this!"

Just when Squall thought that all the unpleasantness was over, the young caribou returned. But he wasn't the only one who decided to chew Squall for his words. After both Ice Storm and Star Crusader gave him the pieces of their minds it started to dawn on the unicorn that he had gone overboard. But only when Fire gave him both the look and the whisper, Swift realized how bad he screwed - which showed on his face as an expression of horror.

"I was horrible, didn't I? No Moto there's no need. I-I get it now." he rose his hoof defensively. "You right, I gone full %^&-mode today. A-and they deserve apologizes. All of them." he admitted before turning towards others.

Out of sudden Squall looked...tired. Very much so. It seemed that with realization of how unacceptable he was behaving, noblepony cast off some pretense he was wearing up until now.

"Everyone....I am sorry. What I said.....well there's no way around it, I behaved like a jerk." he started while slipping on the nearby chair. down on the nearby chair.

"The recent days were very.....stressful for me. And exhausting. In my hubris, I took so much work on my own shoulders that I didn't had time for anything, much less resting. In fact I wasn't sleeping for four day's as it is now. The only way I am still standing, is because of fatigue staving elixirs." he confessed. "I should know better then accept invitation in such state. Another poor judgment on my part." he shook his head, before it slumped even lower. Right now noblepony looked both regretful and forlornly.

"Still, no matter what justification, reason or motives I had, it's not an excuse for being so patronizing, bumptious and virulent. Taking my own frustrations on other is...unacceptable. All of you deserve apologizes for me making evening so unpleasant. Especially you Lími of As...." Swift straightened up...only to realize that young bull was no longer in the range of sight or earshot. Unicorn gave a long, soulful sight, before burying his face in his hooves., somehow becoming even more miserable the second ago.

"It's always like this with me. Hardest to make amends for my biggest mistakes. When will I learn?" he barely gave a whisper to Fire who was next to him.

"I am sorry Moto, for ruining the evening. I don't know how can you bear with me. And....thanks. For pulling me back from crossing the line...again." he said, teary eyed.

Rarity smiled as Star Crusader introduced herself and Bluebelle then told the tale of how they met.

"Oh my, that sounds like a quite frightful experience, darling..." she said at the mention of being at the mercy of some caribou king's antlers. "But if it brought you together, then it's all for the best." She thought of Rainbow then and her closest encounter with a terrible end and sighed for her own hopelessness. "Such things are certainly a better foundation for a relationship than my old approach," she said with a laugh at her own expense.

She then look toward Star Crusader. "Regardless, it is my upmost pleasure to make your acquaintence, Miss Crusader. The Princess here is a friend, so I hope you treat her well," she said, smiling. "And might I add that you look lovely. I don't know who did your gown, but it's most becoming."

She looked down a moment in reflection. There was a part of her that was jealous of the happiness shared between the couple. Bluebelle had changed so much since Rarity knew her as Blueblood and not just in the obvious ways. She was, in almost all senses, like a different pony. Rarity was sure she had changed as well through that time, but in some areas she just fell short. In love, she was still a child. She might be able to bat her eyelashes at a stallion and get him to do what she pleased, but she hadn't been on anything resembling a date in years. Her favored excuse was that her career was priority number one, but she wondered instead if she wasn't just clueless when it came to such things, not knowing how to let them actually proceed, afraid to push things ahead. And it was in overthinking it that she ended up with her misguided obsessions like Blueblood and Trenderhoof.

Wanting to take her mind to more cheerful places, she turned her attention back to young Valen as he answered her. 

"You mean you haven't been back home in all that time?" Rarity reacted with surprise. "It's good to hear you've kept busy and found yourself employed, but I would think your family would still want to see you, dear. Especially at your age."

She found a smile. "But if that is the case, no wonder you haven't been by yet."

As Valen left to make a rounds of the barroom, Rarity's attention was ther arrested again by her enthusiastic "fan" from Stalliongrad, who introduced herself as Tankena. She was not at all surprised to hear that the dress was made by the pony herself. It was exactly as she had feared. She would do her best to be polite though. There was no reason to be unkind to one so enthusiastic in her puruits. Though a part of her wanted to criticize the "fashions" she saw in the mare's book, it was better to encourage.

"It would be my pleasure to sign this for you, dear," she said as she levitated the mare's pen and scrapbook toward her and signed it "With Love - Rarity" 

"Your fashions are certainly... creative..." Rarity said, struggling for the right word to use. "But I suppose that's to be expected of an inventor."

Sensing it'd be hard to feign positivity for such lacking and drab designs, Rarity saw fit to redirect the conversation. "Speaking of which, what manner of things have you invented?"

About then Valen returned to her side and continued conversing. "Enchantments, you say?" Rarity asked, intrigued.

"As for the uniform, you made this? I never would have been able to tell, dear. It looks professional," Rarity laughed. "Forget visiting my boutique, with that skill you could work there!"

She nodded at the question of refreshments. "I'll take a glass of wine, dear," she said simply.

Ah, a reprieve. As she pulled back away from the grand piano she pondered to herself how she got dragged into yet another highbrow event? It was really hard to say no to though... The Grand Galloping Gala is one of the biggest parties around... but wow... was it a snore. It was really like every other high hat event only the princesses were around.... somewhere... She'd like to meet them, perhaps thank them.... but for now she was present in a professional capacity. Being all dolled up in a flowing black ball gown... still not her style... But at least this time she took that fashion mare's advice from that wild ride aboard the airship and elected not to tidy up her hair... She did at least brush it down though, but no special doing up. As the string section started, Dissy had at least some time to herself.

She made her way down from the stage... Ugh the dress is always getting in the way... How do ponies wear something that goes all the way to the floor? I have got to get a classy short dress.... Dissy thought to herself. She did say she'd try to visit that mare from the airship's shop one day... what was it called again? "Carousel boutique in Ponyville was it?" she muttered to herself as she made her way through the dance floor... lost in thought she bumped into somepony. They were clearly embroiled in some sort of discussion but Dissy didn't really know... She was too busy lost in thought over how cumbersome long dresses were and how she longed for easier digs. It is so much nicer being able to jump down from stage and not be constrained by what you wear. "Ah! Sorry 'bout that. I was a bit balled up there." Then it struck her where she was and who she bumped into. "Rarity?? You're at this shindig? Erm I mean gala?" Being lost in thought wasn't good for a professional, but at least she was under no obligation from the princess to keep up appearances... She should try to sound professional still though... but she was at least aquainted with Rarity and she would probably hopefully understand... 

Spoiler

Fire Heart Gala Dress

Fire Heart made her way through the castle, carefully as she didn't want her dress dirtied. Even though she had a few more in her collection, this first dress she owned was her favorite! Gone were the days she feared bursting into flames and destroying her dress. This Gala though, she tried something different, a little magical enchantment to alter her mane and tail. Now it looked like both were on fire as she trotted into the ballroom! Oh was she sure to turn heads when she made her entrance! 

Immediately entering the room, she scanned the area for any familiar faces. She saw Rarity there and made it a point to talk to the one responsible for her fabulous dress, but first she saw Ice storm, and was she a sight to behold! She made a quick path to her special somepony.

"Why Ice, you look beautiful tonight. Sorry I couldn't make it sooner. Can't really gallop from home to here in this dress, eh?" 

She didn't want to barge in too much with a griffon already occupying the blue unicorn, "And hello to you as well. I'm Fire Heart. What's your name?" 

Fire Walker stopped as her fellow officer stopped to say hello. The pair had been on a few adventurers over the year, from their little clean up job in Blueblood’s creepy and decrepit old summer house to the more recent fight against WRAITH. The heroic mare was zapped by some powerful ray. "Wow Star.", she couldn't believe her eyes, "You look incredible." Modern medical magic never seized to amaze the mare. Broken bones could be healed in days, and now massive burns could be fixed without any scaring whatsoever.  "Dunder and I only ended up with a couple of bumps and bruises but you....What you endured was being heroic.", she could not sound even more impressed than she was. "And yes. this is my stallion...Sir Swift Squall. We were just going to find a quiet spot for just a moment and we will be back. "And don't worry.", she stated rather bluntly, "There won't be any severe disturbances this year. My father, the good Major pointed out that nopony will be not knocking over any statues this time around, nor where there be any food fights."

A smile returned to her face for just a moment, "We will talk later. Maybe even have a few drinks or two as I want to hear your side of Blueblood's story.", she rolled her eyes up as she continued to whisper, "It's not too crazy the more that I think of it, considering just a few months ago I was turned into a kid. What a silly little world we all live in.", she gave the mare a wink before she moved on with the unicorn. While the mare searched for area not populated by a zillion ponies, she noticed Ice Storm was nearby. Considering their history together wasn't the happiest, the red mare made a mental note that they needed to have a friendly chat one of these days. Or maybe even during the Gala. Fire Walker also spotted one of Princess Celestia's champions, Lady Rarity. The unicorn apparently had been working on turning her cute little Ponyville dress shop into a franchise during the last few months. With stores in both Canterlot and Manehattan, would the mare soon brave the splendid city of Las Pegasus, or maybe even open up a place in Fillydelphia?

Then it dawned on her. Swift had stayed with the group. "Oh feathers.", she muttered to herself before she quickly made her way back to find her stallion in the middle of an apology. This was good. He probably could have laid back a little on his excuses for being an grump, but at least he was already trying his best to make amends. A rather pretty Qilin was also comforting the young Caribou prince. This was also very good. She lowered Swift's hoof from his eyes down to his mouth, "Shoosh.", she whispered, "You didn't ruin anything. Spirits are back up, and we are going to enjoy this night, and when we're finished here, I will make sure you get a full night's sleep, even if I have to tie you to your bed."

"To tell you truth I ain't sure how even the captain afforded this thing." and unless the feather brain got really lucky on a heist like he claimed to and the dress just so happened to fit Minerva like a glove, he had to have had it custom made. The real question was, if so, why? She didn't take the captain for one to spend money frivolously on an elaborate prank. Nor did the either of them show interest in one another aside from friends and partners. "This is usually the kind of things Long Guo nobles wear...Which if it's true that the Empress and her court are here...may end up giving me even more of a reason to feel awkward." Minerva gently rubbed her face with a sigh, shaking her head softly. "But...yeah. I'll talk to the captain. If we get a shipment for ourselves, we'll see if we can't set something up." Four stores huh? With plenty of bits to spare? Certainly an interesting bit of information to say the least.

That thought process though would wait, as Icy pointed out the small deal of commotion that had been going on since well before Minerva had arrived, she was sure. For the most part she had ignored it, she had been given explicit orders to not think about robbing anyone tonight so she tried not to pay attention to any goings on around her. Boy was that difficult. That was neither here nor there though. With an arch of a brow and a fold of her forelegs, Minvera gauged the situation. Seems hotshot there with the pretty mare tossing him a sideways glance had put all four hooves in his mouth over something. Shame it looked like the hullabaloo was dying down. She kind of wanted to see a fancy fracas. It was just about then, that a blonde bombshell arrived to greet Ice Storm. Interesting! If she was a betting griffon, she'd put her money on this pony being Prince...Princess? Bluebelle. Rumours traveled fast among pirates. This was followed not long after by another, more firey looking sort of pony. "Oh uh, Minerva Sheartalon. Nice to meetcha." she said with a little nod and a smile.

---

Tarisio chuckled himself and gave a smile. "Ahah~ Well I thank you very much for your kind greetings. Should their highnesses wish to dance with but a lowly captain, this one would be more than happy to oblige." the griffon gave a little bow to the hostess as she departed. Though the void of beautiful company was filled in short order by a charming little maid. "Hmm, a glass of Lambrusco would be most appreciated! Grazie, tesoro~" Alas this meeting too was cut short, as the helper ran to and fro getting orders from hither and yon. Though what the Princess said early did have the captain wondering. If he gained audience with either Princess Celestia or Luna, would he be able to talk one of them into a friendly dance? And just what would the tabloids say, 'Princess Found Waltzing With Notorious Sky Pirate'? It gave the griffon a good cause to chuckle to himself. Wouldn't that just be a feather in his cap!

Spoiler

Ice%20in%20her%20dress_zpsreewpkxo.png

Ice Storm couldn't help but let out a laugh when Minerva told her that she wasn't even sure how the captain had afforded the Shimmersilk, and added that it was the kind of thing that Long Guo Nobles wore. She also said that the empress of Long Guo herself was here and that if that was the case, then gave her even more reason to feel awkward. Ice smiled. "Well, I'm sure that they don't have any problems letting ponies, or griffons for that matter that can afford their wares wearing them. After all, that's why their bought right? That said, I have never meet anypony from Long Guo yet. I just recently found out about it's existence myself. Although I do plan on visiting at some point to chart the stars and constellations that are visible there. Part of my job for the princess." she finished right as a familiar face made her way over.

"Hello there Bluebelle! And of course I don't mind! I'm a noble only in wealth, I care not about formalities or fancy elegance, well, aside from looking nice anyway... How have you been? Good to see that you've recovered from the fight there!" She said with a smile. She had only heard rumors about what had happened to Prince Blueblood while she was traversing the castle at night making her way to the observatory that Princess Luna had granted her access to. She heard that somewhere along the way, Blueblood had suffered a magical mishap that had turned him from a male to a female. Of course she could only imagine what the first thing that transpired was after the initial shock. She can't say that she wouldn't be the same way if she randomly turned into a stallion, curiosity gets the best of most anypony. She did however know that this was nor the time nor the place to discuss such thoughts, so she quickly put them out of her mind.

Althought the thought of the princess and her role did bring her down a little bit inside as she looked towards the throne room. Even though she had access to the castle, and had her own mostly private study, she couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt inside. She'd hardly gotten to see the princess at all since accepting the offer that she gave her. Between being on the front lines for Equestria's defense, running her shop, and doing her studying, there was little time for much in between. Sure she would report some of her new findings to the princess, but they were never able to just sit down and talk. The princess's schedule likely wasn't much better, so she would always keep her reports brief.

Her current train of thought though was derailed when a certain ember colored unicorn appeared in front of her, apologizing for being late and complimenting her dress as well. Ice Storm smiled and gave her marefriend a quick peck on her cheek before pulling back. "Don't worry about it, I actually thought that I was going to be late. My dress took me longer to put on and get right than I thought it would. I see you're wearing your favorite dress," she said with a smile. "And it looks amazing on you like always," she added before turning back to Bluebelle and Minerva. "Bluebelle, Minerva, I would like you to meet my very special somepony, and the most wonderful marefriend in the world. This is Fire Heart, Fire," she smiled lifting a hoof towards Minerva. "This is Minerva, she's the first mate on a griffon shipping vessel, and well, Princess Bluebelle I think needs no introduction," she said with a sheepish giggle.

XqEzCsl.png

Lími stopped dead in his tracks and turned around when he heard somepony new call out to him. It was a drink-serving maid, who looked to be one of Princess Bluebelle’s own if that sigil was any indication. Presented with a choice to make, the young bull mumbled; “Ummm, ummmmm..." He was the deliberative sort, meaning it’d take at least a minute to decide which drink was the most suitable for-

"Lími!"

There was Lími’s name again! This time, the sound elicited a far more emotional response, for the caribou knew all too well whom that lovely voice belonged to. Mei..." the wide-eyed Lími softly spoke in realization, moments before he turned to face the stampeding storm that was Lián Mei. There was no opportunity to look upon the dragon mare before she excitedly hugged the young bull, momentarily leaving him in a state of shock. Too dazed to respond, Lími was left to the ravages of rose-tinted flashbacks.

Mei; the qilin who dazzled Lími with her fire-kissed tufts and her dragonbreath. Mei; the qilin so eager to do whatever it took for Lími to complete his poem about the flowers of Garden Gait. Mei; the qilin whose example opened Lími’s mind to the realization that a fulfilling life availed him in Equestria. Mei; the qilin whose memory sustained Lími throughout the hardships he faced during his Will Test, and the Berserker Plague which came afterward.

After months of separation, Mei — Lími’s muse and inspiration — was back in his life. And the first action the dragon mare was taking to celebrate this occasion... was to embrace her bull.

A giggle from Mei brought a semblance of situational awareness back in Lími. Horrified that he was just standing there doing nothing like a fool, the adoptive son of Askr reflexively wrapped his own forelegs tightly around the qilin, pulling her own body closer to his own. Beneath the fabric of Mei’s dress, Lími felt that the internal fires of the qilin — his qilin — were just as warm as ever. In fact, perhaps even more so! Lími speculated that Mei must have been really happy to see him; that thought alone warmed his own heart by a considerable measure.

Lími shut his eyes, every one of his fleeting concerns melting away. No memory remained of the caribou’s encounter with Sir Squall, or of Bluebelle’s request. As far as the Universe was concerned, only Lími and Mei existed.

Mei eventually let go of the floofy bull; whatever disappointment Lími might have experienced over the loss of physical contact was vastly overshadowed by the fact that he was actually looking at the eye-catching qilin once more. Mei’s face... exactly as the caribou remembered. It was a face Lími could never get tired of looking at. As Mei prattled on in her happiness, Lími wondered that perhaps his foster mother had been right all along when she advised her boy to personally invite Mei to the Gala.

But there was no time to debate what Lími could have done differently, for the Dragon had awakened inside Lián Mei. In no state to interject, Lími let himself be dragged across the Ballroom over towards a unicorn. Lími couldn’t really tell what his companion was talking about though; he was stuck in an euphoric trance the moment Mei’s leg planted itself around his. Lími was absolutely no stranger to being in close proximity to Mei, but this... this time, things felt different. Lími couldn’t put his hoof on it; namely because it was still intertwined with Mei’s. All the young bull could really do was blissfully stare off into space, a goofy smile planted on his face.....

Tankena was delighted to be speaking to her fashion idol, Rarity!  The Stalliongradian Earth mare squealed with delight as the famous fashionesta unicorn signed her strapbook.

"I am honored you like my work, Comrade Rarity!  Perhaps someday, you and your friends could visit my homeland.  It is cold and snowy, but there are three months of years the weather is sunny and pleasant!"

Then Rarity asked about her inventions.  The green Earth mare once more squealed with sheer joy!

"I am great metalsmith back in Stalliongrad, Comrade Rarity!  I have invented new weapons of war as well as farm implements especially designed for my homeland.  Much of the ground in Stalliongrad is frozen and hard all year round, so I invent a mechanical plow with tough, stronger blades so soil can be tilled!  I once brought a large clock I built myself to Equestria, sold it in furniture store!  Say!  I heard you know Princess Twilight, Comrade!  Do you think this castle could use powerful new catapults or maybe an extra large spear launcher?  I once tried to invent a mobile fighting craft, I called it, a tank, but every prototype I built would blow up during demonstration.  I am sure all my brother's mane has grown back by now, I think.  Anyway, Comrade Rarity, would you introduce me to Princess Twilight Sparkle please?"

Crusader smiled to rarity. She was about to say thank you, till the last bit seemed to emulate a completely different note. A note that was hard to translate. If anything, it just caused the mare to ask a simple mental question. ‘Wait… what?’

Most mares would certainly ask if there was something troubling the mare. She sure did look the part. The fashionista’s eyes bore the signs of wistful thinking and envy. But it wasn’t the burning envy she had caught with the other guests. But something with a bit of depth behind it. Unfortunately… while crusader is a mare… she’s more soldier than a gender. And she often found it best to not ask… and not tell. So… she bit back that question, and stuffed it into a footlocker.

The mare then turned to her friend, and gave a polite nod in response. “I would not align my actions with heroism. It’s merely a duty. We were in a hall way with little solid cover, facing a diamond dog with  a deadly armament. I had a hunch I’d be able to withstand the abuse, so I acted as a shield and closed the distance. Unfortunately it was probably the worst feeling in the world. If I had to choose between swimming in molten steel or that… I’d choose steel.” And the mare couldn’t be any more honest with her response. There was a larger sense of reason in her head at the time that the action might have killed her… fortunately she knew her own body well. Paladins, am I right?

Crusader’s attention was soon called away. Valen the maid it seems wished to be of service tonight. The large mare was with Bluebelle on the notion of giving the pony a break… but he seems to enjoy the job well enough. To the point of wearing the typical maid’s outfit. The mare will openly admit though, that he –does- look good in it. Perhaps that was just a train of thought inherited from her mother.

“No thank you. I am fine as is, Valencia.”

And now, it seems that Firewalker has returned with her coltfrield. Perhaps there is a chance for redemption now.

“So how long have you two been dating?”

Sunrise smiled at Mei's words about a town in Long Guo, one with shimmering silk hanging around the town. It sounded beautiful, even just the image her mind created of what it could look like was spectacular. When Mei trailed off, the mare brought herself out of her little trance, blinking as the Qilin left to go hug a caribou. She blinked a bit in surprise as she watched, a smile slowly spreading over her face as she realized what was going on between the two. They were in love.

The smile was still on her face all the way through Mei's apology and her introduction of the caribou, who seemed lost in the sensation of being with Mei. So they had been separated for a time, which just made their reunion to be all the sweeter.

"Oh it is quite alright, Mei. Who am I to stand in the way of love?" She giggled, smiling at the two. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Limi, you have a wonderful taste in mares. I can only hope to meet a stallion to share these sorts of feelings with."

Rarity's comments about the best approach to starting relationships had stuck in Bluebelle's mind.  A superficial comparison of their respective histories would seem to indicate that an active pursuit brought less certain results than simply letting things happen.  But if the Princess wanted to give advice to her new friend, she hoped to have something more substantial than that.  There must be something more... bother, she was going to have to ask Cadence for help thinking through this.  It was like breathing; most ponies managed love by instinct, but there were a few who intellectualized it, and thus put themselves in dire need of assistance.

The tides of the party had temporarily split the two of them, leaving Rarity to talk shop with the Stalliongrad inventor, while Bluebelle chatted with Luna's new astronomer.  "Oh, yes, I've quite recovered.  Even gone back for more in a sense, believe it or not.  IMAGINE's work in Whitescar has been slow going, mostly because our resources have been tied up in crisis management until now."  While the Prince hadn't been on the frontlines while EPIC was helping Clan Askr deal with the plague, he had been behind the scenes, ensuring all the efforts were funded, supplied, and above-board legally.  It was important to present these contrasts.  

She turned now to address the Griffoness.  To be honest, her initial methods of placing status were a bit stymied.  Minerva certainly looked uncomfortable in this atmosphere and in that dress, which argued for another outsider coming in with the latest opening of the Gala.  But that dress!  You didn't just need money to attain shimmersilk, you needed connections!  That argued for her being brought in as someone else's date, but she seemed to be alone.  "I trust Icy has been a good hostess to you, Minerva?  I try to fill those duties myself, but I end up not being able to spend nearly enough time with each guest to make them feel truly comfortable.  Unless they already are."

The Princess had a warm smile in store for Fire Heart as well.  "I am pleased to meet you!  As it happens, I managed to not come alone this year myself."  She pointed out the very large mare now talking to Fire Walker... and Swift, too.  Thankfully, the green stallion looked more chastened.  "Star Crusader."  She said, not quite able to keep a somewhat dreamy tone out of her voice.  Intentionally so, though; as she really did want to get across the point that she was no longer considered available, so no further attempts, thankyouverymuch!  Although, she did have admit that she had doubts about what Star's reaction might be if a male propositioned Prince Blueblood. "A very special mare... and a quite remarkable one, as you can see!"

Out of the corner of her eye, she could spot the first musician arrive.  Ah, very good.  The dancing would start soon.  Traditional waltzes at the beginning, but Each musician would be allowed to have their head for at least one number.  Not that Bluebelle expected too much out of the way from Harmonic Dissonance.  But didn't she call herself something different, though?  Blue only remembered her from one recital he'd attended as a colt.  Classical, of course.  What changes she'd gone through in her recent repertoire, she had neglected to educate herself upon...

Ah, so nothing for Bluebelle's date. Her loss- there was nothing but the best at her beck and call. He'd have to allow her taste buds to all out at another time. "Understood, Madame. If you need anything at all, feel free to get my attention," he said, focusing back on others.

Valen wasn't going to take affront at the young bull's disinterest in his presence. What was a maid in the presence of such a beautiful Qilin but a painting without purpose? He would't believe he would draw any attention here, and allowed himself to take yup Limi's drink cause without being told what the young bull wanted. He'd come up with something tasty and filling, and allow his heart to be filled up by that Qilin mare. "Hmm, I'll leave you to yours. I'll get something that you'll enjoy, of that have no doubt!" He said with a polite bow, allowing the two their lovely embrace.

The griffon ordered a Lambrusco. Valen had worked for Bluebelle long enough to memorize to an extent all the major wines of Equestria, served as theyw ere as standard practice amongst high society. It was a nice red wine from the namesake grapes of Itaily, one of the many provinces of Equestria famous for one reason or another. It was one of the oldest known types of wine. It was frothy and frizzante, and one of the better known varieties. Strangely though, it had fallen out of favor amongst high society in the past few years- according to the kitchen staff at Bluebelle's estate, it had been overproduced and lost its luster. No one would call out for it by name at such a gathering unless they didn't know that it wasn't as impressive as it once was. That told him that this griffon was a stranger to Equestrian high society while being familiar enough with some of its luxuries to call it out by name. Unless of course he simply loved wine, but judging by the glimmer in his eyes he doubted that was the case. "Lambrusco, good sir? I will have it out in short order," he said, collecting the other orders.

Ooh, how Valen wanted to respond to Rarity right then and there! But alas, he had work to do first. "Oooh, I have several ideas I believe you may enjoy. They have some marvelous bottles in the back. I'll find something that will send your taste buds dancing," he said giddily, making his way to the back.

-----------------------

For Tarsio, the Lambrusco. Valen had to look for it a bit since it wasn't the ones being kept up front, but he found a bottle and poured it in short order. Limi was instead getting a non-alcoholic beverage. That was a delightful experience! He got to pour a special Apple family cider. This year the Apples had sent to the Gala six barrels of cider that was specially made for the crowd the Gala served. It still hit the tastes harder than most of the overtly subtle drinks at the Gala but came back down to earth faster, allowing the subtle variations of the roasted peels and richly grown oats to create a harmonious and tasty experience. He deserved a nice perk up!

That just left Rarity's drink, and he knew just what to do. Cabernet Sauvignon grown from the Neighpa Valley in the Strand, by the Cabernet family, who grew their elite Sauvignon for the Royals and their guests alone. It was a relationship that stretched back hundreds of years and stood the test of time- their right to serve the royalty with an exclusive brand was challenged every few years, but they produced the best wine in all of Equestria, if not the world. This vintage was ranked as the top wine in Equestria currently, and the family was the only one to have multiple entries in the top five. Deliciously pure and supple, with explosive dark berry and red berry flavors and a silky, polished texture. The tannins become more evident midway through, with a gravelly crushed rock profile that adds a dimension of dust and mineral. He had only poured one glass of the Cabernet's family produce before this, and he had to be supervised- one glass cost almost eight hundred bits. He even had to sign a special kitchen release just to get access!

All drinks ready, he left to go and deliver them.

-----------------------

First off, the Bou who looked like he had been hit by a lightning strike as he spoke with a beautiful looking specimen. Well, love knew no boundaries- species or national borders. Or the sea. Good for them! Love conquers all and all that jazz. "Here you go Sir Limi, a glass of fine Apple family apple cider. If I may suggest something, you would probably enjoy that with a nice, hearty, earthy meal. If you are going to get your mother, may I recommend that the both of you stop by the rotating food stations along the way? By order of Princess Twilight, there is some honest to Celestia good food here this year," he said politely, ensuring that she picked a route that gave them maximum privacy. For love.

Next was Tarsio- and who was that with him...first mate? Hmm...shipping...Tarsio..."Here is your Lambrusco, good sir. I think you'll find it is of the highest vintage!" He said excitedly, thinking he had him pegged, "by the way, are you that famous painter I heard about who drew the aftermath of the attack of the Zephyr's Grace- I think that's it? You're highly skilled!" which was all a lie, but it was better than saying they were super cool sky pirates in front of the guards! But cool, probable Sky Pirates! It wasn't the sky, so they were very safe. That was sky law! Did sky law apply to ground law? Well, phooey. They didn't appear to be stealing anything, so crisis averted for now.

He was most excited to deliver the final drink, this one to Miss Rarity herself. He gave it to her carefully, eyeing it up the whole time. "That, Miss Rarity, is the finest wine in the whole land! It has a score in the ninety-nine point one scale which, as any wine taster can tell you, is unheard of! I think you'll enjoy its fine taste and luxurious texture. A full bottle is almost as much as a new barn at Sweet Apple Acres! Truly the most sensational drinking experience this side of the seas, if not beyond," he said with full excitement, finally able to converse with her.

"Enchantments-" he spoke lowly, dropping the accent entirely as he whispered to her, "-in order to allow my voice to not break, I wore this special necklace that changed my voice. Made it really easy to simple," he pulled back and out the accent back on, "don't need it all the time however. Don't want some of those side effects, now do we?" He laughed lightly before sighing, allowing his nerves time to rest.

"Yes, I made it myself. I thought the other uniform emphasized my rump too much and didn't display other attributes well, lending a bit too much of its harm to the back half. I think this is just a bit tighter back there, but it feels perfect on my shoulders and I think it really accentuates the legs. I am glad you like it! It was a nice way to spend some of the evenings," he said nervously, allowing himself a breath before he continued onto the important matter at hand. "Working there- well, how serious a offer could that be, I wonder?" he said, the glint in his eyes betraying his desire.

0CeCtKvm.jpg

Wasn't this a right pickle? Silver had been very excited for the gala, dreaming of the time he would be able to serve as a guard on this night... and not long before it he finds out he's gotten an invitation. It had taken a lot of legwork and talking to even get a suit for himself. While he had gotten everything ready for the aesthetic part of the ball, Silver had foregone a very important thing; a date. In his desperation, he'd considered asking Miss Coco Pommel to go with him but he was very sure that she wasn't the type who'd like a stallion like himself... that and the knowledge that she had been his boss for a time when he tried that modeling thing on leave last time, at the very least she offered to make him a nice suit quickly, and as usual she was true to her work.

The bright eyed stallion looked over himself and felt a twinge of pride within himself. The suit, a civilized and modern pony's suit of armor in a more civilized age. With a Tuxedo this nice he was already sure nopony would be able to think he was a mare tonight... okay, maybe that was a bit naive. It seemed no matter where silver went there'd always be a group of people who'd mistake him for a mare; it probably didn't help that his voice was rather higher on the register and had a sort of slightly cracking marish tone to it. As he walked through the various crowds he couldn't help but spot a familiar face! Was that Rarity? Well that was a foalish question, there's only one Rarity that is really known as far and wide as the one he was thinking of. 

Silver hadn't seen much of her since that whole sky pirates at an airborne modeling show debacle. He had to admit though, she was a true credit to Equestria. She handled herself Valiantly that day and the Guardstallion found himself with a deep seated respect for the mare. As soon as Silver came in he spoke up in that usual soft, almost demure register., peppered with the accent characteristic of those socialites based in Trottingham. "Good evening, Everyone." The stallion bowed his head in greeting to all. 

"Your Highness, Princ-- princess Bluebelle. It's good to see you in such good spirits! How was your um... trip from the last month?" The knowledge of the prince's (or Princess') trip to find that lost temple was common knowledge among the guard but from what Silver had heard, the Bodyguard and guarded couple hadn't spoken much about the experience. Silver could't help but notice the slightly troubled look on Miss Rarity's face, "I-it's nice to see you again, Miss Rarity. How have things been treating you this night?" the tone in the unicorn's voice betrayed his concern over the fashionista's state.

There was another familiar face here as well now! One who'd bumped into Rarity, "Miss Harmony!" Spoke the stallion, "It's wonderful to see you again, as well." The stallion inclined his head to the two ponies who'd managed proven a very brave pair during that ill fated pirate attack! "How have you both been?"

Archived