[Earth Pony] Pipsqueak "pip" (V2.0) [FINISHED]

Ashton

((I've been talking a big talk about how much I love, look up to, and relate to Rainbow Dash, but I've not been acting very much like her - Dash would never give up this easily, she wouldn't roll over and play dead despite the odds, So neither am I. I'm taking my favorite pony's advice and being more assertive, even if this doesnt get accepted I know I gave it my all!))

(Dont know if I need the "[Earth Pony]" tag or not since the topic tag is "FiM Cast")

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Pipsqueak "Pip"

Sex: Colt

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: "Dark Scarlet" (Brown with a hint of red)

Coat Color: White with brown patches "Pinto"

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Brown with light brown highlights, Tail is short while his mane is slightly long for a colt

Physique: Small, but in good shape for his age; neither overweight nor underweight

Cutie Mark: NA (He hopes it's a pirate flag)

Origin/Residence: Pipsqueak was born and lived for a short time in Trottingham, however recently moved to Ponyville (see below).

Motivation: "To become a sky pirate!" (hey, he's a foal, how many of us didnt want to be a ninja, a pirate, or a prince/ess when we were his age?)

Likes: SkyPirates, Candy (especially the cream-filled ones!), Princess Luna

Dislikes: Broccali, going to bed early, Ninjas

Character Summary:

Pipsqueak was born to a well-to-do family in Trottingham, which means he was taught many manners that he quickly forgets and is occasionally confused by the stark differences in his old home in an upper-class suburb and his new home in the rural town of Ponyville. However, he tries to make the best of things, even if it means he no longer gets to take an afternoon swim in a private pool. While he doesnt fully understand the reasons behind it, he is quite happy to have moved, in part because there are more Foals his age here willing to play 'pirate' with him, and because of the more frequent (though still rare) visits by the Princesses (Especially Luna) He still sometimes comes home from a unhappy day at school where other foals laughed at his accent and wishes there was a buttler there to fix him a sandwich. However, he is quickly growing accustomed to doing his own chores, which one might argue was an improvement and will make him a much better stallion one day. (To an end it will give him a wonderful perspective, having lived through both walks of life and be able to relate to those from either) While he may not have his own private pool, he did manage to keep most of his library of adventure stories which entertain him as much now as then. He frequently ventures out into the woods near his home to re-enact and extrapolate on the daring adventures of the heros, even though so far his greatest feat was saving a fish who had gotten stuck in a shallow pool of water after a rainstorm. Of course, for a foal his age, one just might consider that a commendable deed, especially when so many adults would have just walked on bye and left the fish to the slowly shrinking pool of water.

The story behind the move is an unhappy one about a father who played a little too hard with his money, This cost him his rather large home and upper-class lifestyle. However, one might argue that it turned out for the best as it allowed him to re-connect with his mate and son... and possibly future foals... The humbling of his new job did wonders for the Stallion's attatude, taking him from a stuck-up suit to an average-joe he now finds himself with many more friends and in fact realized he's happier with others around than he ever was back in Trottingham.

Pip's mother was originally the kind to stay at home, or rather, to attend social functions instead of working (not that she needed to). She is slowly getting used to "country life" with the help of her husband and with seeing how happy he and their son are, but it has not and will not be easy for her to fully adjust to the change - if she ever does - and she still longs to move back to the city...

Pip spends his days dreaming of one day flying around the world in an airship having adventures grand and small - Batteling dragons and hords of griffens, discovering new lands, and occasionally saving cats who get stuck in trees. While he currently has thoughts of being a pirate on his mind, others have said that with his interest in the sky and it's vessles, its quite likely he will grow up to pilot an airship, or possibly even become some form of rough-and-tumble adventurer as he admires and imagines (neither of which Pip would mind, though currently he much prefers the idea of an adventurer or a pirate to the simple life of flying a "freighter") His school-life is fairly average, though he often does get teased for his 'upper crust' british accent and for occasionally being confused about the differences in the rich life he once lived and the simple one he now does. His grades are average, though he could easily improve them if he would spend more time studying rather than daydreaming. However, there is one aspect of school that he does love - being with other foals who he can relate to. Sure, none of them ever had a private carriage to take them to school before, and sure none of them ever spent an evening in an expensive costal resort, but more of them than back home were interested in true adventures. Also, much more important, he has learned things there that he never learned back home, not just math or writing, but life and living...

Sickness knows not young nor old, mare nor stallion, and Pip has fallen victem to it as well, specifically, love sickness - While he is unsure of what the feelings he gets in his heart every time he sees that filly means, he is aware that he enjoys being with her, and that he misses her when he is alone. Perhaps pip's love for is nothing more than a childish crush, and perhaps he will grow out of it one day, or perhaps the two will share a cabin in an airship high over equestria while their own foals run about the deck, gazing at the ground far below. These things are both near and far in pip's mind as he spends his days. He does not know what exactly it all means, but he knows he is willing to do everything he can to help her in whatever way he can, his mind may jokingly see her as his 'first-mate' and he as a skypirate captain, but his heart, at least for now, sees something far more... now if he can only figure out how to tell her how he feels...

Image:

fortune_and_glory_by_mister_hand-d4iyinp.png

Video:

NOTE: THIS IS FOR REFERENCE NOT MY "OFFICIAL" BACKGROUND FOR HIM ANYMORE

The story behind the move is an unhappy one about a father who played a little too hard with his money, specifically by placing poor bets at the races (his worst being at a Wonderbolts derby where he had asumed that Soarin, being the male lead, would certainly take the pennant --- and learning later that the "lead" was not about speed but about control and Soarin so far had more than a few losses under his goggles...) This cost him his rather large home and upper-class lifestyle. However, one might argue that it turned out for the best as it allowed him to re-connect with his mate and son... and possibly future foals... He worked as an accountant for a large firm that supplied fireflies for lamps throught equestira, spending days balancing numbers and filling in charts. Now he works on one of the farms that is raising the fireflies instead, though it is a dirty job and much harder work, it somehow seems more "real" to him than what he had been doing before. The humbling of the job did wonders for the Stallion's attatude, taking him from a stuck-up suit to an average-joe he now finds himself with many more friends and in fact realized he's happier with others around than he ever was sitting in a stuffy office running numbers all day, or at home surrounded by bits and fancy decore.

Pip's mother was originally the kind to stay at home, or rather, to attend social functions instead of working (not that she needed to) Her name was once quite praised for her dinner parties (and even in ponyville she's known to make wonderful food, to the point of considering opening a catering business) Upon moving to ponyville she did odd jobs helping out at the verious shops, but a recent opening at Quills and Sofas has her hopes raised for a regular, stable, job. Though her mate is happier now, she unfortunately is not, her love of the social life back in trottingham has brought her much depression as her life shifted from equisite meals and dinner parties to "down home cooking" and the randon "Pinkie Pie Parties" that she stumbled into all accross town (which frazzled her further as they were always spontaneous and she always felt she should have changed into soemthing different before arriving. She is slowly getting used to it with the help of her husband and with seeing how happy he and their son are, but it has not and will not be easy for her to fully adjust to the change - if she ever does - and she still longs to move back to the city, taking every oppertunity she can to travel there (which to her discontent are few and far between), always making sure to schedule them so she can attend a dinner-party thrown by one of her friends. Unfortunately with every party she attends, there is another mare asking to visit her, and another lie she has to cook up as to why they cant. She knows one day these will all catch up to her, but she is keeping her hooves crossed that it wont happen before she can move back...

The details on his parents should either be removed or made more vague. The reason being that there is always a risk that his parents may appear in a follow up episode with him or otherwise referenced to in a future episode. Details about his folks are not important anyway as this app is about Pip. Be vague about why they moved from Trottingham to Ponyville. For example anything that can be speculation, such as illness that a move to Ponyville alleviated is okay, something that could have happened in the past but will not have to be present in the future.

I would also alter the crush on Sweetie belle. It is natural for any colt to have a crush on a filly as they grow up, but to specifically name Sweetie Belle is too far. Leave that vague, and don't make any specific reference to which pony he has a crush on. If you want to RP him having a specific crush develop in the course of RPs, that is fine, just not beforehand, as we have no indication he had a Sweetie Belle crush in the episode he was featured in.

We will hopefully make the final vote tomorrow, once changes to the apps have been made.

The details on his parents should either be removed or made more vague. The reason being that there is always a risk that his parents may appear in a follow up episode with him or otherwise referenced to in a future episode. Details about his folks are not important anyway as this app is about Pip. Be vague about why they moved from Trottingham to Ponyville. For example anything that can be speculation, such as illness that a move to Ponyville alleviated is okay, something that could have happened in the past but will not have to be present in the future.

I would also alter the crush on Sweetie belle. It is natural for any colt to have a crush on a filly as they grow up, but to specifically name Sweetie Belle is too far. Leave that vague, and don't make any specific reference to which pony he has a crush on. If you want to RP him having a specific crush develop in the course of RPs, that is fine, just not beforehand, as we have no indication he had a Sweetie Belle crush in the episode he was featured in.

We will hopefully make the final vote tomorrow, once changes to the apps have been made.

The funny part is I labored over what his parents did and why they moved lol, Can I still keep the reverse rags-to-riches part?

Really? I need to go re-watch NMN, I got the impression his crush on SB was gently implied in canon... >.<

EDIT:

Removed a lot of specifics, but I left the original version in a spoiler at the bottom for reference. when everything is finalized and/or approved I'll remove it (or if the post gets locked a mod can) it's just to show my original line-of-thought right now.

The funny part is I labored over what his parents did and why they moved lol, Can I still keep the reverse rags-to-riches part?

Really? I need to go re-watch NMN, I got the impression his crush on SB was gently implied in canon... >.<

EDIT:

Removed a lot of specifics, but I left the original version in a spoiler at the bottom for reference. when everything is finalized and approved I'll remove it (or if the post gets locked a mod can) it's just to show my original line-of-thought right now.

Specify that the Spoiler is the original for reference and not a part of the offical app any longer.

To answer your question about the reverse rags-to-riches part, that is fine to have in the app, you can create more detail for it during the course of RPs with him.

As for Sweetie Belle, I say leave it vague as a "a crush on a local filly", you can work out who in the RPs with whomever wants to go along with it.

Specify that the Spoiler is the original for reference and not a part of the offical app any longer.

To answer your question about the reverse rags-to-riches part, that is fine to have in the app, you can create more detail for it during the course of RPs with him.

As for Sweetie Belle, I say leave it vague as a "a crush on a local filly", you can work out who in the RPs with whomever wants to go along with it.

Specified, all major detailed pruned. (if it's alright I'm keeping the contrast between his father being happy with ponyville and his mother longing to return to Trottingham, sets up for some interesting plot-lines where pip and his mother go back for visits and pip and his father enjoy rural activities) I may go in and try to clean up any holes where I cut stuff (misplaced "its" or such) but unless you (or any other staff) think I need to prune it further all major editing is done.

lol, your thinking of "love", a crush is usually 1-way (how many youngsters have crushes on a teacher? Or, more close to home, how many of us have crushes on certain marshmallow ponies... ;) ) I took out the name though, none-the-less, though I'm sure whoever it becomes, there will be a crush (or more) since the pirates are all hopeless romantics in pip's books! lol

Specified, all major detailed pruned. (if it's alright I'm keeping the contrast between his father being happy with ponyville and his mother longing to return to Trottingham, sets up for some interesting plot-lines where pip and his mother go back for visits and pip and his father enjoy rural activities) I may go in and try to clean up any holes where I cut stuff (misplaced "its" or such) but unless you (or any other staff) think I need to prune it further all major editing is done.

lol, your thinking of "love", a crush is usually 1-way (how many youngsters have crushes on a teacher? Or, more close to home, how many of us have crushes on certain marshmallow ponies... ;-) ) I took out the name though, none-the-less, though I'm sure whoever it becomes, there will be a crush (or more) since the pirates are all hopeless romantics in pip's books! lol

No I am thinking crush, not love. I know you mean it to be "one way" towards Sweetie Belle and she doesn't acknowledge it, but there was no indication of this on the show, so the mods asked me to ask you to make it more vague. Now in the RP if he meets Sweetie Belle and develops a crush then, that is fine.

As for grammar holes, I would, you want it to look as nice as possible. ;)

No I am thinking crush, not love. I know you mean it to be "one way" towards Sweetie Belle and she doesn't acknowledge it, but there was no indication of this on the show, so the mods asked me to ask you to make it more vague. Now in the RP if he meets Sweetie Belle and develops a crush then, that is fine.

As for grammar holes, I would, you want it to look as nice as possible. ;-)

I took it out, making it just 'that filly' not even specifying what color or race she is - I had no idea it was as big of an issue as it is. I'll try to nip it in the butt before it happens... I might even make it a crush on a filly he *used* to know instead, would that solve the problem? (While I was amused at the idea of him likeing SB, the main reason I had it in there at all was to make it clear he was NOT in the "girls are gross!" stereotype that so many boys seem to go through, if it's better to remove it outright, I can)

I took it out, making it just 'that filly' not even specifying what color or race she is - I had no idea it was as big of an issue as it is. I'll try to nip it in the butt before it happens... I might even make it a crush on a filly he *used* to know instead, would that solve the problem? (While I was amused at the idea of him likeing SB, the main reason I had it in there at all was to make it clear he was NOT in the "girls are gross!" stereotype that so many boys seem to go through, if it's better to remove it outright, I can)

Personally I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but the mods informed me otherwise, so that is I requested it be made vague. So you don't have to take out any references to him developing or maintaining schoolcolt crushes, just the part in regards to a specific cast character, that's it. Personally I appreciate that you are running against that stereotype of "eww girls gross", it is an annoying stereotype.

Personally I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but the mods informed me otherwise, so that is I requested it be made vague. So you don't have to take out any references to him developing or maintaining schoolcolt crushes, just the part in regards to a specific cast character, that's it.

My guess, since as I said it was "one-way" is that whoever plays SB saw it and s/he complained (ironically an hour ago I could have named who that was, but right now I am having a major brain fart...), either that or it's just further pushing the "No characters can have relationships with other characters" rule that I'm still kinda vague on, having had 3 different mods give me different answers to how that worked... -_-*

But in whatever case, I change it and if I win, I wont use it in-rp (though pip will have some unnamed pony back in trottingham he loves but conveniently never sees in-game)

Personally I appreciate that you are running against that stereotype of "eww girls gross", it is an annoying stereotype.

Lol, I never understood that and never went through that myself, now some of the *things* they did seemed a little gross, but heck I was sending valentine cards out at like 2 and have had crushes since as far back as I can remember... Because of this I simply can NOT relate to it enough to make a convincing character. Sure, I could throw an NPC bully out with a few lines like that, but to really write a character who truely felt that way would feel flat and 2-dimensional... I dont think I could ever be happy with him...

• 2 months later...

Edited Pip's Age to reflect his growth since NMN (in LE his head barely reaches the other ponie's back, in PYHD he reaches up just past the pony's nose (~1ft?))

Unrelated to the app, but at the... request... of the staff Pip was rebooted 5/4/12 after straying too far from canon.

• 4 years later...

Alright, glad to see a cast app!  Here's your RP prompt; once you fill it out, we can go to the evaluation:

How can you make the character unique, interesting, and expand on them beyond what we've seen in FiM? What happens after the episode ends? That is a question cast players are asked to answer. For your RP prompt, please give us a short example of the character doing what they do best. Be as creative and detailed as possible, and play them how you would in a live, opening roleplay. Be sure to finish your prompt with an opening for another character to realistically reply.