Starflower

Mojo

Contacted Dubstep and he has given the OK for me to pursue an adoption on this character.

I understand that as part of the process, I must resubmit the character here first.

I kept most of the original approved bio, but I did 'tweek' it a little so the character would work better for me.

Thanks to Thunder Boomer, I now have an older image of Starflower on display here:

This bio is NOW ready for full consideration

http://www.canterlot...file.php?id=422

[Adopted Pony Related Character €€œ with permission from Dubstep]

Name: Starflower

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Bluish-Gray

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Violet mane and tail. Long, freeflowing mane, cascading down onto her back and shoulders. The tail is long and flowing too, but not long enough so as to trip on.

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: Star Anise pod

Physique: Slim, but firm/toned

Origin: Hoofington

Roleplay Type: Support pony

Motivation: To make everypony healthy and well, and to take care of those who are sick and injured as best she can

Likes: Taking care of others, singing, having time for quiet reflection, reading, hanging out with friends, Spring and Summer, warmth

Dislikes: Violence, merciless ponies, injuries, sicknesses, death, alcohol, Autumn and Winter, cold

Character Summary: Born and raised in Hoofington, Starflower is no stranger to ways of the sailor ponies and the rest of the rabble who make their haunt among the docks. Now and again, fights would break out, whether as a result of testosterone, wounded pride, or alcohol, and Starflower could barely bring herself to watch. Being so young, she didn't believe she could do much at all, and she would stand by helplessly, feeling utterly useless.

That all changed one hot, Summer afternoon. A particularly bad fight had occurred, with one sailor being beaten by an entire group. They had done a good number on him, and left him to suffer. Starflower, overcome with grief and pity for the poor stallion, had her mother help bring him to their house. Once there, she began to do everything she could for him: bandaging his wounds, applying poultices that she had been reading about, creating a splint for one of his broken legs, and so on. She was so busy tending to the injured sailor that she didn't notice that her cutie mark, a Star Anise pod, had appeared on her flank.

And from that day forth, Starflower, with the help of her mother and father, set about becoming a proper nurse, eager to help sick and injured ponies recover. Soon, ponies of all sorts began to come to her, seeking her help. With her father's help, she has made an addition on their home, creating a sick ward where she can tend to patients.

Over the years, Starflower's sick ward was moved to a separate building and developed into a full fledged hospital with a small staff and many volunteers who desire to follow the founder's example of selfless service to others. Older now, Starflower is not as active working in the hospital as she used to be, but still feels compelled to help any pony she can anytime she can. Even when travelling on leisure, the dedicated nurse mare carries her black bag with her and is ready to lend a helping hoof to those ponies who are ailing.

I understand that, but I can't draw the original Starflower design. Viewed a 'starflower pod' on the net, and I knew there was no way I could draw it. With my limited artistic abilities, the white pill was the best I could do without making it look horrible. Couldn't find the original pic that went with this character. If I could 'adopt' it too, then we could keep the original cutie mark.

I believe Mudbug drew the artwork for Starflower originally, so if you contact her, and let her know you're adopting Star, she'll be able to send you the picture.

I believe Mudbug drew the artwork for Starflower originally, so if you contact her, and let her know you're adopting Star, she'll be able to send you the picture.

FANTASTIC! Thanks Dubstep!

:):):D

Well, in the meantime, I actually found an old pic of Starflower and through trial and error in the MLP char generator, came up with a pic that more closely resembles her.

Also, edited the bio to include the Star Anise pod cutie mark in it.

UPDATE Just got the word, Mudbug no longer has that pick of Starflower.

UPDATE Just got the word, Mudbug no longer has that pick of Starflower.

I'd be willing to give it a go if you still need a pic. Just shoot me a PM with a ref of the star flower that you want on there (just so I know we're on the same page at what we're looking at, herp a derp) and anything else you want added. I should be able to have it done later tonight/tomorrow.

Really? It works for me every time.

Huh. I wonder why. . .

Here, I'll just save and upload the image.

Thanks! I truly appreciate this!

Now, with the issue of the picture settled, would some member of staff please re-evaluate the bio I edited so we can get this character closer to approval?

Ok, new tatic.

Since my app for the Pegasus Jubilee hasn't drawn a single comment and this one is more 'active', I've decided to shift Jubilee to 'WIP' mode and elevate THIS app to FINAL status.

I need both of these characters for a RP I am currently in, but it would seem that THIS app is closer to approval than Jubilee.

I now await the decision of the mods.....

Thanks and I meant no offense.

Just thinking logically, that's all.

I realize the fine staff here are quite busy, just figured an 'adoption' might get approved faster than a brand new char.

Poor choice of wording on my part, I do apologize.