Ater a Long Journey. [Open to all.]

Gallant_Quill

"Ow, OK, OK I'm getting off." cried Gallant Quill as the beak of his owl dug deep into his haunches. The train had just stopped at Appleoosa, the new thriving town, settled by earth ponies. It was a busy day from what Quill could tell. Many ponies were in the streets selling some of their famous apples and apple products. Though this towns existence wasn't very long, it had already made a name for itself and got it place on the map.

"Come on Gallant Quill. said Callipygian, "I want to leave as soon as possible, and this is the only place we can find apple tree paper." Gallant Quill and Callipygian had heard rumors from other ponies about how it was a nice parchment and both decided that it would be a good idea to stalk some paper up for Quill's private work room where he wrote his own novels.

"But Callipygian I've wanted to come here for so long. We can't just grab the paper and run, we have to sight see as well." said Gallant Quill.

"hmm," Callipygian was lost deep in thought about how to plan the next move. "How about I go fetch the parchment and you can go explore the town." the owl answered.

"That's a great idea!" whinnied Gallant Quill. But before Gallant Quill could say another word to Callipygian he had already flown off in search of the shop while he muttered swears to himself under his breath. He was not having fun in the sun. Gallant Quill turned to face the open street market to look at and see what the stalls and ponies had to offer as he slowly trotted his way towards the market.

SilverStar.PNG

Sheriff Silverstar was on a routine trot around town. The badge wearing stallion considered himself both a symbol of law and order as well as an unofficial good will ambassador of Appleloosa. Looking up at the big town clock, he knew it was time for the train to arrive. The stallion politely greeted each of the passengers departing from the train, including a brown furred Pegasus and his owl companion. After a short time, Silverstar noticed Galliant Quill in the market area.

"Howdy thar friend!" the mustached sheriff said in a friendly way. "Anything I can help ya with? You seem a might lost. I'm Sheriff Silverstar, we met earlier at the train. We here in Appleloosa treat any visitor like our own kinfolk! Bet y'all came a fur piece to git here! Make yurself at home here!"

Gallant Quill turned around to see the brown sheriff pony that was speaking to him. He found his mustache a little weird, on a pony anyway, but thought nothing more of it. He was lost in his own mind trying to think of what he should say next. He was a very shy pony and despite his best efforts, he wasn't a very social pony no matter how hard he tried to be. it was very different from talking to a friend no doubt, as he lowered his head down and looked up at him with his big brown sad puppy dog eyes. He finally found his voice and asked him very quietly.

"Hello Sheriff. Um thank you for making me so feel so welcomed. Um is there anything else Appleoosa specializes in?"

"What have we got?" the Sheriff said with a big toothy grin. "Follow me and I'll show you all the wonders and pleasures of Appleloosa! Well, Braeburn's usually the town's greeter, but since he ain't here, it's up to me! Look all around here! We have horse drawn carriages and horses drawin' horse drawn carriages! Over there's our salon called the Salt Block! Just take it easy if ya go in thar, the barkeep boots patrons who can't handle their salt. And see, down the street from here's where we have Wild West dances! If that's not your style, then check our the Mild West dancing one block over! But the best part of Appleloosa is our grand apple orchard just outside of town! It is a wonder to behold, yes sir-ee! We did have a dust up with the native buffalo herd over the orchard, but we worked out a compromise so we could keep the orchard on their land. For the weary traveler, the town hotel will set ya up with a room! Nice restaurant too! And don't fergit the General Store! Got jist about anything you'd ever need! Whatcha lookin' fer? Anything in particular?"

• 1 month later...