Misty Magic

Mojo

fScvsl.jpg

(ooc): The inspiration for this character comes from Bewitched's Aunt Clara and CD's canine ladydog superhero "Magic Mutt"

[Pony Related Character]

Name: Misty Magic

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Yellow

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Purple, short mane and tail

Eye Color: Hazel

Cutie Mark: Cloud with a green question mark

Physique: Petite

Origin: Canterlot

Roleplay Type: OC for the Mane RP

Motivation: "To be the best magical unicorn ever (or at least have magic that consistently works)"

Likes: Nature, reading, practicing magic, baking, stamp collecting.

Dislikes: Ponies who treat her like a child. Failure.

Character Summary: Misty Magic was born in Canterlot of a prominent magical couple, Mighty Magic and his wife Abracadabra. They had high hopes for their only daughter, going to great lengths to teach the foal about the fine art of magic. They hoped someday to incorporate Misty into their travelling magic act. Try as she might, poor Misty Magic could just never get her magic quite right. She could do simple unicorn magical levitation, but when it came to complex magical spells, often they were major fail.

At the entrance exam for Canterlot's famous School of Magic, instead of hatching the dragon egg, Misty's miscast spell multiplied the egg repeatedly until the exam room was filled from ceiling to floor with unhatched dragon eggs. Furious, the examiners immediately failed her and told her parents not to bring her back until she could perform magic correctly.

When her classmates back at public school heard of Misty flunking her entrance exam, they teased her mercilessly. She tried to prove them wrong, but even her simple magical spells always seemed to go wrong. One day, a wayward and very confused dragon flew up to Canterlot while Princess Celestia was away on royal business. When the dragon began breathing fire at the gates of town, unicorns from the School of Magic rushed out to try to stop him. As the rest of the citizens of Canterlot looked on, every instructor and student of the school failed in their attempts to shew the dragon away. This only further angered the dragon, who took aim at Misty's huddled classmates hiding beneath a tree. Acting quickly and with little forethought, Misty galloped to the rescue, horn glowing and casting a spell. She screamed in terror when her magic produced a large tornado that frightened the townfolks more than the dragon. Suddenly, the tornado turned away from the town and swept the furious dragon up within it and then spun far, far away. Even though that wasn't the spell she was attempting to cast, it got rid of the dragon! As her classmates hoisted her up on their shoulders, Misty's strange cutie mark appeared on her flanks. Few adult ponies in Canterlot could believe that the bumbling unicorn filly had succeeded where their finest wielders of magic failed. Over her classmates' protests, a few of the students at the Magic Academy claimed the credit for creating the tornado. The shy Misty Magic didn't argue, she calmly walked away from the scene. The young filly knew she got lucky, and didn't want to bring anymore attention to herself, even though she had finally won respect from her classmates.

As Misty grew up, she realized she couldn't depend on her magic to earn a living, so she took the Equestria Civil Service Exam so she could work in the Postal Service. Although Misty is happy sorting mail, she still occasionally practices her magic. She still believes there is magic in her future, her unique cutie mark is the proof. So the 'search for her destiny' still goes on. Misty is a very kind hearted unicorn, but anything can happen when she tries to use her magic.

Can you do me a favor and now have the entire Character Summary bolded?

It hurts my eyes :c

Also if you can do that with the rest the app that would be nice but you don't have too :)

I can see your point, it is small type that can hurt your eyes.

Fixed it, hope that helps!

:P:D:D

So her cutie-mark represents her search for her true destiny?

Well, that's what SHE thinks it represents but in reality, her cutie mark depicts the fact that her magic will always be 'clouded in uncertainty.'

She's a good natured pony, and though her magic may be faulty, it is still 'good' magic.

As in the case of the dragon attack on Canterlot, her miscast magic actually saved the day.

:):P:D:D

I was gonna suggest that Misty and Lyra get together for an RP sometime, since they're both chasing dreams of magic, but then I saw the circus thread! You read my mind XD

Thanks! By the way, it's your turn to post there now.

:D:unsure:

I'd love to, unfortunately my PC is broken. I don't have time to make long RP posts while on a work PC and I'm not even gonna try through Tapatalk, too easy to lose stuff. Hopefully I should have everything running again by this weekend. Hopefully.

Understood, do you want Sunhsine and I to wait on you or keep going till you can post again?