Bistro's Grand Opening (Open, anyone)

synkyd

Gearys eyes lit up. "when did these ceiling fans break? when where they installed? where the eve-" Geary rants, but then stops, after a fact sinks in. "madam, did you say your leaving? and what happened with Mr.thorn here?" geary looked at the aging donkey. he didn't seem to be in any physical handicap. in fact, he looked to be in very good condition. a slight look of confusion hit gearys face, wondering just what did happen...

"Well sir, I've been the law in this here town ever since it was founded," Sheriff Silverstar said with a smile. "I came here with the first herd of pioneer ponies and helped build this wonderful place from the ground up."

"Appleoosa is a great place to visit," added Louise LaMare. "But be careful, this town's charm can be additive! I came for a visit and then decided to move here permanently."

geary looked at Mrs.Lamare. "oh? you traveled a lot, Miss LaMare? I though you moved in with the settlers like Mr.Silverstar here. wheres your hometown?" questioned Geary. "you must be doing a great job, as i have seen no crime at all. or does crime rarely happen anyways?" geary looked outside. the sn was setting in a brilliant crimson hue. "do excuse me for a moment, everypony; Madam, do you have somewhere i can store my transport?"

Madam Bistro pushed her new cowpony hat back off her head "Well the fans are a few weeks old, but they've been acting up. They were installed shortly after I opened to get the air flowing and were unicorn made in Manehattan. I am wondering if all this fine dust is getting into places it shouldnt... Anyway, speaking of crime, the reason my fine manager passed out is the famed novelist here, Louise LaMare, is going to interview some real outlaws in a nearby canyon. This might be her last chance as the rumors are they are moving on. Unfortunately for Thorn's peace of mind, I'm probably the only one they'll let come along with Louise, so I'll be gone several days." she finished, leaving off the unspoken "..I hope..."

The mocha mare hmmmed at the request for parking space. "You may park your device alongside the building, to the left side. That will not obstruct the cafe' deck on the right side at all."

"Madam, isn't that kind of dangerous? the whole situation could be a set up!" geary says, alarmed. "a criminals promise is as truthful as gossip!" geary left the bistro to put away his vehicle. with a loud whine, gears and pistons rumbled to life. slowly, the hulking machine moved to the side of the building. with a unlatch of a bag and clinks of metal, geary walks back in with his tools. "Not that the situation is any of my business, madam. now whee are the fans?"

Madam Bistro sighed "Unfortunately the outlaw band would not be outlaws if they were trustworthy, but Dusty has kept his word so far. Also there is the matter that the whole town would be hunting them if anything happened to us. I'm there to try and keep him honest on this, and if i am kidnapped, my family, through my company, would put an enourmous bounty on their heads. Every hot shot looking for money or fame as far as a newspaper could reach would be after them. As far as I can tell, Dusty is aware of this too."

She patted Thorn on his back, and turned to look around the ceiling or the moment.

Bistro pointed with her hoof for Geary. "The ones acting up are that one in the middle of this room, the one on the hallway, and the ones in the two main suites upstairs, the honeymoon suite and the luxury.

If you can figure out whats slowing them down, you might need to check all of them depending on what you find."

"Well Geary," Louise LaMare began to speak, "I was born in Cloudsdale and I've lived in Manehattan for years during the time I wrote my first seven Western novels. As a foal, I became fascinated with my own family tree. I was surprised to learn that some of my ancestors chose not to live in the clouds and actually roamed early Equestria as pioneers. Maybe that's why I felt compelled to write stories set in Pioneer Pony days. When I found out about how successful the Appleoosa settlement was, I just HAD to move here and live like the pioneer ponies of old!"

"Thanks fer the compliment, Geary," added Sheriff Silverstar. "I do maintain order in our fine town, but I do it with a lotta help from the good people who live here."

"You are very welcome, Mr .Silverstar." Geary acknowledged as he trotted down the wooden hallway, focusing on a dusty fan. his horn glowed a pale dark cyan, shining with magical energy. the fan, surrounded with the shimmering glow, unscrewed itself from the ceiling. a flurry of tools came in and out, bobbing and weaving left and right. with a sharp *POP*, the fan was put back in place. Within a little bit, every fan was back in operation, blowing a breezy cool shower of air on the occupants of the bistro. "Say, Miss.LaMare, what are some of the titles of your books? i haven't read a good western in a while.' Geary quipped, returning to the small group.

Madam Bistro whinnied happily and clopped her hooves in applause when the fans were finally back up and running. "Fantastic job, Mr. Westinghooves! You have certainly earned your pick of rooms during your stay. Please sign the register when you have a chance, and feel free to peruse the menu for your meals. By the way, what was the problem with the fans?"

"It wasnt that impressive, really. just a little sand got into the axle and the router. I added some grating to prevent it from happening again." said geary, taking a seat. " in fact, if does happen again, just pop off the cap and wipe it down with a cloth." geary levitated his tool bag and hanged it up, and spread apart the brown menu, looking for some particularly tasty morsels.

(sorry delays, I hurt my ankle badly several days ago and the medicine keep knocking me out.. :green: )

Madam Bistro trotted about happily, enjoying the cool breeze. "You have certainly earned your pay this day sir!"

The lunch menu promenantly featured a number of items; Daffodil and Daisy Sandwich, Rosehip Ranch Wraps, H.L.T. (Hay, Lettuce, Tomato) sandwiches, Hay fries, Fried Acorns, Tomato and alfalfa soup. There were an assortment of donuts and related pastries, apple turn-overs, apple fritters, Appleoosan Apple Pie and several flavors of ice cream, kept cold by a unicorn-made freezer.

The drinks included milk-shakes, malts, cappuchinos, frappes' and a list of other varieties of coffees as long as the rest of the menu.

"To answer your question, Geary," Louise LaMare began to explain, "some of my earliest novels include 'The Riders of Pony Pass,' 'Showdown at Trotter's Hill,' 'Kid Rodeo,' 'The Lonely Stallion' and 'The Saga of Sheriff Blackthorne.' I am currently working on a new novel and as Madam Bistro said earlier, she and I will be going to visit some real authentic outlaws in the prairie!"

"Don't remind me," Sheriff Silverstar mumbled.

"Miss Bistro, how soon should we be leaving?"

(OOC waited several days for more posts, but need to move it along a bit.)

Madam Bistro turned to look at the clock "Oh my! It is getting late. We'd better go to the rendezvous."

She nosed the donkey comfortingly "Thorn, you are in charge, and dont' worry. This pony we are dealing with is crude but he isnt' an idiot. Just load me up please and I will be fine."

The donkey sighed and put the loaded saddlebag on his boss's back. "Be careful, Ma'am."

Bistro smiled at the Sherrif and Geary "We will be back before you know it. Geary, please enjoy your stay and ask Thorn if you need anything, okay?"

After listening to replies for a moment, She bowed and left.

(OOC: Bistro is out of thread for several posts...)

After a moment, Thorn, trying to keep his unflappable demeanor, turned to the remaining ponies. "All right, May I get somepony anything? Coffee, tea, ...hard cider?"

"Coming Bistro!" Louise shouted before turning one last time towards Sheriff Silverstar. "Don't worry, darling. I'll be careful, trust me on this! When I return, I'll have enough notes to write a dozen new novels, maybe even a few biographies too!"

With that said, the brown Pegasus mare kissed the mustached stallion and then rushed outside to catch up with Madam Bistro.

"You gals take care!" he shouted out to them both. "Mares! I could live on this here earth a hundred years and I'll never be able to figger'm out!"

The Sheriff turned back and took a seat at the bar.

"Thorn, ya got some apple cider? Gimme a double, I think I'm gonna need it."

(ooc): Louise LaMare will be out of the thread for several posts too)

geary shakes his head. he'd blacked out for a while, gazing at the collosal menu. "uh, sorry, mr.thorn. i'd like a h.l.t, please." glancing around, he'd realized that bistro and louise was gone.

"Oh? did ms.bistro and Mrs. lamare leave already!?!" geary trots over to Silverstar, looking bewildered.

"Yep! Them two headstrong females are on their way," Sheriff Silverstar neighed sadly as he took another swig of apple cider. The mustached lawpony was about to take another when another pony walked into the dining room. He was a gray furred unicorn with red mane and matching mustache. He wore a cowboy hat and had a medical cutie mark.

sml_gallery_475_9_13401.jpg

"Looks like you have the weight of the world on yur shoulders, Sheriff."

"Yeah Doc, had ta let'm go. Couldn't talk any sense into'm."

"Well, I'm sure they'll be alright," the red mustached unicorn said before he noticed Geary. "Oh, howdy! Name's Doc Holly Day and I'm the town doctor. If'n yur sick or injured, I'm the pony to call!"

And with the power to make a new door in to the coffee shop walls; Dusty slams past the doors, falling head over flank and slides on his back half way in, only stopping thanks to a table with a hard crash. Win the dust and splinters clam down up stands Dusty fixing his hat “LASSES! Some new……. News….” Dusty looks the room over tossing one eyebrow up as he looks the room over. Then it drops in to a less the happy look as he works out he missed them. “Son of griffin… “ his eyes falls on the Sheriff “Ah take they left all ready. Blast it all… another good for nothing outlaw was trying to hold me up. They don’t like what ah’m doing. Well no time to wast!” He kicks up with a “YEEEE HAAAA!” and charges full speed back out, blowing off the door and jumping out a window, landing with a roll and runs off to the train yard.

He had business to attend and he was NOT going to leave them mares off. He made a deal and he was going to keep it no mater what the cost!

(Look what the winds tossed up, I’m here after talking long and hard with friends. I have some business to attend to… for I never drop the hat, and I’m not going to drop out of something I start.)

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: sorry for the delay, had to get the ball rolling.)

Already shaken from Madam Bistro going on this journey, his jaw dropped to the floor when the reason for the trip barreled through the door and rolled into a table, smashing it.

He continued to watch, stunned as Dusty jumped out the window and galloped off.

After several minutes, Thorn shakes himself like a dog and trots into the kitchen to return with the HLT and sets it before Geary.

"I...I dont suppose you repair windows too..."

Doc Holly Day and Sheriff Silverstar were stunned at the brash entry and exit of the outlaw pony.

"THAT does it! Promise er no promise, I'm gonna arrest that varmint!" the mustached lawpony yelled.

"Hold yur horses, Sheriff," the red maned unicorn said. "You do that and Miss LaMare will never forgive you. That could even make Miss Bistro upset as well."

"But look at this mess! Broken glass everywhere! Somepony's gotta do somethin' about this!"

"And somepony will, Sheriff, stand back," Doc Holly Day neighed as he closed his eyes and his horn began to glow. This was going to be a tricky spell, but the Doctor's done magical repairs like this before, Slowly, shards of glass began to rise up and fly over towards the window frame. Piece by piece, the glass in the window started to reassemble. As more time passed, more of the window came back together until at last, all of the cracks in the glass vanished. The formerly broken window was as good as new, but the strain took a lot out of the older physician unicorn, as he passed out on the floor.

"DOC!!!" the Sheriff shouted as he rushed over to him. "I can't believe he did it! DOC! Wake up!"

Thorn's stretched and shook his head, still a little in shock from having Dusty crash into the room and jump out the window again before Geary could help him.

The donkey nodded to Geary "Oh well, I'll see about ordering more window glass then.."

Suddenly, Doc Holly Day rose to the challenge and stood among the mess, his magic slowly pulling the window back together.

Thorn was flat out amazed, his mouth hanging open, even as the last crack vanished.

The russet donkey brayed when the unicorn passed out, and galloped off to get some pillows and a blanket.

He dropped them by the unicorn "Help me get him on these pillows. He spent himself like sometimes happened in Canterlot. He'll be out for a bit."

So saying, Thorn worked to help get him up on the pillows.