Big Time's Big Party (OPEN)

Sunshine

“Alright…let’s see if that’s everything.â€Â

Big Time held a checklist up and used the pencil in his mouth to check off everything he had. Snacks, a dance-floor, beverages, a DJ that knew more about new music than he did, and last but not least, the proper lighting to really bring the atmosphere of a party.

“That should do it…†said the blue Pegasus as he eased his pencil into the grip attached to the clipboard. “Now all this party needs is…well…guests!â€Â

The party Big Time had planned cost him a large sum of bits. The venue itself was in the thousands. However no price, be it large or small, could stop the confident stallion from finding what he was looking for. His “Friendship Party†was disguised as a way for all the ponies in Fillydelphia to meet and get to know one another, but his true intent was a bit more money-oriented.

The party would allow Big Time to find himself some new clients. Even if he could get ONE pony to agree to his contract, the cost of the party would be worth it.

Right now, however, all the Pegasus stallion could do was wait and see who shows up for this little gathering. Until then, Big Time adjusted his sunglasses and cued the DJ to start playing the dance music.

(ooc): Ok, time to join the party!

Mojo

tn_gallery_475_9_8090.jpg

Starflower

tn_gallery_475_9_55339.jpg

Jubilee

tn_gallery_475_9_195.jpg

Destiny Star

tn_gallery_475_9_27336.jpg

Saddlesore

tn_gallery_475_9_5395.jpg

Entering the building are three pony friends: Mojo, a Paint breed Earth stallion with a peace sign cutie mark. Starflower, a taller light blue coated unicorn mare and Jubilee, a white coated blonde maned Pegasus.

"Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! We're here at last!" Jubilee squealed. "This will be MY chance to SHINE!"

"Chill out, Wings," Mojo said calmly. "A party is a place to unwind, relax, and enjoy."

"Mojo's right, Jubilee," Starflower interrupted. "Settle yourself."

"But you don't understand, guys! Big Time is one of the most famous talent agents in all of Equestria! If I can get him to notice me, I can finally get my career in entertainment launched!"

"Fat chance, shorty!" a taller white furred unicorn mare with reddish poofy mane snorted as she walked up and looked down on her

"Half a mo', I know you!"

"Of course you do, hippie colt! I'm Destiny Star, THE greatest entertainer in all of Equestria! If anyone's going to get noticed by Big Time tonight, it's going to be ME!"

"No need to be rude, Miss Star. After all, we're big fans of yours."

"Look Nurse Cratchet, EVERYPONY is a big fan of Destiny Star!"

"Quit insulting my friends!" Jubilee protested.

"Oh? And what are YOU going to do about it, pipsqueak?"

"Why you arrogant mare! Sapphire Shores is a way bigger star that you'll ever be!"

Hearing this filled Destiny with rage. She used her unicorn magic to pin Jubilee up against the wall.

"Don't you EVER mention that poser's name in front of me ever again! Do you know who I AM?"

"Actually, I don't! Never heard of you!" Jubilee laughed. "Are you the caterer?"

"Look over there!" Mojo shouted.

"That's Big Time himself!" added Starflower.

"BIG TIME!" Destiny shouted, dropping Jubilee to the floor before trotting over to a blue pony with darker blue mane. In her excitement, she didn't notice the blue stallion's burr cutie mark.

"Sir, it is such a pleasure to meet such a brilliant, magnificent, important pony as yourself!" Destiny shouted as she bowed before him.

"Who the hay are you?" the blue pony grumbled. "I'm just here for the free food!"

"Wait! You're not Big Time!"

"Big Time? My name is Saddlesore and if you don't mind, crazy hornhead, I'm going to chow down on the party snacks! They better be tasty! I galloped a long way to be here tonight so it BETTER be worth it!" he grunted, turning up his snout at the regal looking unicorn mare before walking away.

"How DARE you talk that way to ME! I'm Destiny Star!"

"Who cares?" Saddlesore shouted back as Mojo, Jubilee and Starflower began to laugh.

"I'll get you three for this! Mark my words! This isn't over!"

Spirit Flame's expression was colorless as she trotted timidly down the busy streets of Fillydelphia. Her mentor and caretaker Lexis had sent her off into the city on some errands. The store she had been instructed to visit first was coming into sight, when suddenly Spirit noticed something else nearby. There was a large building with a crowd of ponies in front of it. Deeply confused, Spirit questioned just how she should react. Ultimately, curiosity won out and she slowly trotted toward the building to see what was happening.

As the filly grew closer, she paused. Strange music could be heard from within, pulsing. She backed up, initially scared. Just what was making that sound? She watched and noticed ponies of all sorts continuing to file into the place. Gradually, she began to move toward the door, unsure if she really should. She just wanted to look inside. As she reached the doorway, she stood there for a moment and just peered inside.

None of what she saw made sense to her. She couldn't understand where the music was coming from, what any of the ponies were doing or why they were doing it. It seemed completely alien. A little frightened now, Spirit turned around a little. That was when somepony accidentally bumped into her and caused her to stumble through the door and inside.

"Ah... um..." Spirit started as she collected herself. She stepped forward, into the strange place, but it was just as foreign to her on the inside as it was the out. "Er..."

Spirit was growing increasingly confused, alarmed and terrified the longer she looked at it all. Ultimately, she decided it was just too much. She turned around, hoping she'd be able to return to the exit before anypony noticed her.

((ooc: thought I might as well introduce Bull Dozer :smile: ))

Before anypony showed up, Big Time started to chat with one of the caterers. It was idle conversation until some of the guests started trickling in. When a group of ponies showed up, Big Time felt himself break into a broad smile. Once the room began to fill with the stallions and mares of Fillydelphia, he decided it would be time to introduce the crowd to his party. Climbing up on stage, the blue Pegasus stood in front of the microphone. The music died down a little as he spoke.

“Hello!” Big Time said, flashing a toothy grin at his new guests. “My name’s Big Time, but you all can call me Big, Time…or even BT if you want to!” Big Time paused for a moment before continuing. “We've got a fun night in store for you folks! Dancing, food and beverages, we’ll even be having a raffle halfway through the dance with some awesome prizes. You can purchase the tickets for one-bit from either me or one of the caterers. Also we’ll be having a talent show if any of you are interested. First place wins a cash prize! So don't be shy!”

Big Time looked up in thought for a moment, running through the list of events that he made in his mind. “…oh yeah! One more thing! I would ask that you all please, please, please…make this night the best night EVER!”

With that last statement, Big Time smiled warmly as the ponies in the crowd whooped and stomped their hooves in applause. The blue pegasus stepped off-stage feeling satisfied at the number of ponies that showed up. It felt like the room was filled in mere seconds after the doors opened. He couldn’t tell who was who that walked into the party, most of the ponies were complete strangers. However, he was determined to find the pony/ponies he was looking for. The ones with that special talent that he could have as clients.

Meanwhile...

Bull Dozer walked through the doors of the establishment right in the middle of Big Time's speech. He looked up at the blue pegasus and squinted a little in spite, but continued walking. He wasn't paying attention to where he was going and almost tripped over something...or somepony. “Hey!” boomed the big brown earth pony's voice. He looked down and saw it was actually a relatively young looking filly. Bull Dozer stood tall and looked down at her with an eyebrow raised. “Aren’t you a little young to be in here?”

Jubilee was the first to see Bull Dozer confront Spirit Flame and flew over to her defense.

"Leave her alone, ya big bully!" the blonde maned Pegasus shouted, buying enough time for her friends to trot over.

"Chill out, pal," Mojo said in a calm voice. "No need to send out negative vibes towards this young lady."

"Are you alright, miss?" Starflower asked, lowering her head so she could speak to Spirit Flame face to face.

Meanwhile, Destiny Star sensed her chance to corner Big Time, but when she trotted up towards him, she collided with Saddlesore who was backing away from the buffet with loaded plates of food on his back. The collision caused the loaded plates to fall upward and then send a shower of goodies down on both of them.

"Watch where you're going! NOW see what you've done, you insane horn headed plug!" Saddlesore roared as the two slowly got back up on four feet.

"MY furry coat! My mane! RUINED! You barbarian! How DARE you do THIS to ME!" Destiny yelled back.

"YOU ran into ME, crazy horse!"

"NO! YOU rammed ME, you poor excuse for a blue colt! I have half a mind to sue you!"

"I agree!"

"Agree that I should sue you?"

"Nope, agree you have HALF A MIND, you brainless bimbo! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"WELL I NEVER!"

"Better hop on your broom and fly back to Oz, witch!" Saddlesore sneered, shaking additional food debris onto the furious reddish maned unicorn before trotting back to the buffet table. Suddenly aware that her soiled coat is not the look she wanted to display to Big Time, Destiny Star galloped to the restroom to clean herself up fast.

“Aren’t you a little young to be in here?”

Spirit tilted her head as the very large stallion asked the question. She didn't know the answer. She didn't know where here was or if there was an age requirement, and if there was, whether she met it or not. As Spirit was mulling over what sort of answer to give, suddenly three other ponies came over to her and began saying things to the large stallion for reasons she didn't really understand. Spirit tilted her head the other way as one of these ponies asked her if she was alright.

"I... I..." Spirit stuttered as the considered the factors. Physically, she was well and uninjured. She was just in a place she didn't recognize or understand and had been asked a question she didn't know the answer to.

"I am confused," Spirit decided on her answer, finally looking at the unicorn who had asked her if she was alright. "Am I too young to be here?"

“Here you go,” said Big Time as he sold another raffle ticket to one of the ponies. “Good luck! I hope you win!” The blue Pegasus gave the guest a wave before they left. The sound of glass clattering to the ground was hardly audible over the booming sound of music over the speakers, but Big Time heard it nonetheless. “What was that?” the curious stallion was able to see Saddlesore complaining to some mare about some spilt food.

Big Time signaled for one of the caterers to come over to him. “It looks like we’ve got a bit of a mess. Do you mind cleaning that up?” The caterer gave the blue stallion a skeptical look. “…I’ll pay extra.” At that, the caterer tentatively trotted over and cleaned up the plates with a smile on his face.

“I love money,” Big Time muttered to himself with a satisfied grin before turning to another pony who was looking to buy a ticket.

“Whoa!” Bull Dozer was shocked by the group of ponies who swarmed him and accused him of being a bully. “What did you jus-“ Before he finished his sentence, he saw how they treated the filly, how they were all caring and nurturing toward her. Though it wasn’t his intention to bully Spirit, he couldn’t help but furrow his brow at the whole group if them. Mojo in particular. Talking about negative vibes to a pony like Bull Dozer was like talking about color to a blind pony.

Not sure how to handle a situation such as this, Bull Dozer sighed, shrugged, rolled his eyes and walked away from them. “I have better things to do right now,” was all he said. He had some unresolved business with Big Time, and before the night was over, he intended to set things straight with the blue pegasus.

(OOC: spurred on over by Mojo ^_^ )

Hoss and Shanna were visting Fillydelphia for the first time, sent to research recently uncovered Astronomical observations from a century before.

Some of the students there mentioned a party happening nearby that evening. Hoss poked his sister with a wing "You thinking what I'm thinking?" Shanna grinned "Yeah, I need a break from all these books too..."

They jumped up and high-hoofed each other "PARTY TIME!"

They arrived as Big Tme started his speech, swooping in through the door and landing near the largest crowd. Shanna whoops and prances on her back hooves to the music. "A raffle? Sweet!"

Meanwhile Hoss was tossing his tail eagerly "Woah! That's Jubilee! I heard her play at the last Cloudsdale street party! I'll get an autograph. Can you pick me up a ticket too sis? Pay you back on the spot, I'm gonna be busy for a minute."

He smoothed his mane and trotted over, making the blue metal ring on his ponytail jingle.

Shanna shook her mane "Boys!.." and trotted over to buy some tickets.

Hoss stopped as he got close to Jubilee, notebook and quill tucked under a wing. Seeing she was fussing over a confused unicorn filly, he hoped he wasnt intruding. "Oh M-miss Jubilee..."

Hearing her name called out, Jubilee turned to see Hoss, giving him a wide smile.

"Hi there!" the excited Pegasus neighed. "So happy to meet you!"

As she began to talk to him, Destiny Star emerged from the restroom. Spotting Jubilee speaking to a handsome Pegasus, the taller unicorn mare became jealous.

"If ANYONE'S going to be the center of attention tonight, it's going to be ME!" she snarled, trotting up to Hoss and pushing the smaller blonde Pegasus away. "Hello handsome! You don't want to talk to that nobody. You want to be with ME, Destiny Star!"

"HAY!" Jubilee squealed as her hooves slid on the floor.

"That's not cool, babe," Mojo brayed.

"YOU again?" Starflower asked sternly. "Leave our friend alone!"

"Like I'm going to listen to Methusiah Mare and Beatnik Bumpkin!" Destiny shouted before Jubilee flew upward and then swooped down to ram the arrogant reddish maned mare in the side with such force, she slid across the floor and once more collided with a full plate laden Saddlesore.

"Nobody disses my friends! Now, where were we, sir?" Jubilee asked as Starflower returned to Spirit Flame.

"This is an open party, miss," the light blue unicorn said softly with a smile. "My name is Starflower, what's yours?"

Meanwhile, near the rear wall, Destiny and Saddlesore were once more covered in food debris and laying on top of each other.

"Am I EVER going to get anything to eat tonight?" the blue Earth Pony grumbled as he struggled to free himself of the large unicorn mare pinning him down to the floor. "Are you crazy? Is THAT your problem?"

"You Neanderthal clod! Just look at me! My beautiful coat is all messy again! I'm going to have you thrown out of this party for being so disruptive!"

"YOU are the clumsy oaf that keeps running into me, you ditzy hornhead!"

"YOU RUDE, CRUDE glue factory reject! GO AWAY AND STOP BOTHERING ME!"

"Let me up first then I'll gladly leave you alone, crazy broad!" Saddlesore grunted before Destiny got up on her four hooves, allowing the blue stallion to get up and walk back to the buffet table. "That woman's three apples shy of a bushel!"

Hearing the insult, Destiny was red hot mad until she spotted Big Time up ahead. Plowing through the crowd, knocking down several ponies along the way, the reddish maned unicorn fought her way towards him.

"MR BIG TIME!" she screamed out, "MR BIG TIME! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU! I'M FAMOUS JUST LIKE YOU!"

Most of the party guests were now visibly annoyed with Destiny Star, staring at her with angry looks on their faces as she continued trying to get the blue stallion talent agent's attention. She was so determined, she forgot how sloppy and messy her fur and mane were.

Party? Spirit had heard about those before in her books. So this is what one looked like? How fascinating. It was loud and chaotic and Spirit couldn't say she really cared for it. Mainly it just confused her, though it definitely did pique her curiosity.

"Spirit Flame is the name I was given," Spirit answered the pony who identified herself as Starflower's question in a slow, quiet voice as she continued to look around, trying to take all of the strange happenings in.

Her eyes fell on a blue pegasus stallion, a stallion who had previously addressed the room, and now stood before a large line of ponies handing out little slips of paper. How curious... Spirit tilted her head from side to side and then very slowly took a couple steps away from Starflower without even looking at her.

“Hmph…what a bunch of sentimental wussies,” grumbled Bull Dozer. He was going to see Big Time, but immediately stopped when he saw the line of ponies who were buying tickets from him. Despite his impatience, the brown earth pony decided to wait in line for his turn. “I’m gonna set that stallion straight on a few things.” He was waiting behind a brown pegasus mare, but his eyes weren’t leaving Big Time at the moment.

Suddenly, he felt somepony pushing him aside. Bull Dozer stumbled a bit as Destiny Star pushed past him. She seemed determined to meet with Big Time. Normally, a pony pushing him like that would lead to a fight. However, seeing as it was a mare that pushed him, he decided against his actions. “What’s her problem?” said Bull Dozer, his question indirectly posed to the mare in front of him.

Big Time kept on his smile as another pony approached him to buy a ticket. “Hi there! Did you want to buy a-“

Before the blue Pegasus could continue talking, Destiny Star knocked aside the poor pony who was standing in front of him. Big Time’s eyes went wide, which wasn’t visible behind his tinted sunglasses. Ponies approaching him like this wasn't new, but a pony that was covered food? The sight was definitely an oddity. “Um…thank you very much, ma’am. I appreciate your…uh…direct approach…” The stallion seemed a little uncomfortable, but kept up his confident smile. “…but I think there were other ponies who were waiting to purchase their raffle tickets. If you could just be patient and wait in line, I would be absolutely thrilled to talk with you.”

Hoss was about to ask for an autograph when Jubilee was rudely shoved aside by a unicorn with a big foofy mane. Stunned for a moment at the rude behavior, he ahemed "Well this is flattering but I was talking to her, ma'am..."

Before she could react to this, Jubilee returned the favor and sent the mystery mare sliding away into a grumpy blue earth pony.

hoss chuckled as she argued with the stallion and turned to Jubilee, his chest puffing out over seeing that mares would fight over him. Granted one was just likely fighting back, but it was Jubilee!

"Er, yes, I saw you play at the last street party in Cloudsdale. If it's no trouble, could.. could I get an autograph?"

He spared a glance and frowned at how Destiny was now letting everyone know who she was at her loudest. "What's her problem?"

Meanwhile Shanna grunted as she was shoved aside. "Rude much!?"

She turned back to the.. ooh Big! as he asked a question. She smiled at him "Off-hoof, she's probably been taking manners lessons from a griffon.. "

Shanna turned back to watch the mare fawn all over the host "Wow! It's like a trainwreck, you cant look away!" and giggled.

Hearing Big Time's admonishment made Destiny Star feel instantly embarrassed. Her ears drooped as she lowered her head and began to quietly walked backwards to get out of the gathered crowd. Saddlesore had just sat his full plates of food on a nearby table when he looked up just in time to see Destiny's rump knock him down again. THIS time, the grumpy blue Earth Pony had had enough! Reaching for a hat pin he spotted on the table, Saddesore grabbed it in his teeth and eagerly thrust it into the reddish maned unicorn's flank.

"YYYYYYEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!" she screamed, jumping high up into the air before galloping towards the restroom, knocking down other ponies like bowling pins during her mad dash.

"That big doofus mare had that coming!" Saddlesore laughed as a smile came on his face. Realizing he was now happy, the stubborn blue stallion quickly returned to frowning. "Now at last, maybe I can eat!"

Meanwhile, Jubilee was overcome with joy that Hoss actually knew who she was and wanted her autograph!

"WOW! Thank you! I'd LOVE to give you my autograph!" the petite Pegasus said as she signed. "Yeah, that street party was a lot of fun! Oh, don't mind Destiny, she's a little too high strung and..."

Jubilee was interrupted by Destiny's loud scream of pain and subsequent dash towards the restrooms.

"Hmmmm. I wonder what got into her? She's running like she got stung by a bee or something."

"No Wings, I think Destiny got what she deserved in the end," Mojo giggled.

"I don't get it," Jubilee said as Starflower continued her conversation with Spirit Flame, noticing how the filly moved towards the crowd gathered around Big Time.

"So, would you like to go up there and get a raffle ticket? I'll gladly buy one for you if you like," the tall light blue unicorn mare said softly. Through her many years of nursing, Starflower could recognize a shy pony when she saw one. She could also sense that somehow, this party seemed to be overwhelming her. Starflower's natural 'mothering' instincts kicked in as she tried to be both supportive and protective of her new friend.

Spirit looked back at Starflower. She didn't really understand. She had no clue what a raffle ticket was. She was just curious about what was happening. But... maybe this was something she wanted? I mean, it looked like a lot of ponies really wanted whatever these raffle tickets were. She was always trying to become more like other ponies... Maybe she did want one of these raffle tickets too.

Spirit gave a solemn nod to Starflower and said simply. "Okay..."

Bull Dozer chuckled at Shanna’s comment about the rude mare’s manners. “You’re probably right,” said the brown earth pony. After having been watching Big Time almost the whole night, Bull Dozer’s eyes finally fell onto the mare he was talking to. In an instant, he was struck. He felt the anger he had towards Big Time melt away, and was blinded by the pretty mare. Though Bull Dozer was tall and strong, he was never one for words. In fact, the last time he tried to compliment a mare, he ended up with a black-eye. For now, he tried to play it cool.

“Yup…” said Bull Dozer, who didn’t realize that he was still watching Shanna as he spoke. “…it’s just like watching a train-wreck.”

Big Time turned his attention away from Destiny once she backed away, and continued his ticket sales. Suddenly, his ears perked when he heard her scream. The blue Pegasus looked just in time to see her run off. “What an odd mare…” mumbled Big Time. He shrugged it off and helped the next pony in line.

Giving everypony in the party a raffle ticket was going to be a daunting task, but the reward for Big Time’s effort would definitely be worth it. Bits were the coal that fueled his freight-train of ambition.

(Hmmm, btw Mojo, think this is before or after Hoss and Shana meet Starflower in "A Simple Wagon"? :) )

Hoss chuckled and shook his mane, making his ponytail ring jingle. "I think you will find out soon enough when she comes back. She seems to be like a boomerang... Derpy Hooves tried all day to get rid of one and everyone on the block turned out to watch."

He smiled and looked at the autograph, his tail flicking happily before he slipped the notebook into a pouch under his wing. "Did you come here with a lot of friends? Would they mind if me and my sis hung out with your bunch? If there's any life at this party it's got to be near you and your friends."

Meanwhile, Shanna looked back to comment some more on the crazy mare and noticed the big stallion was looking at her when he said that. Her mind raced for a moment, thinking *Wait, "Like a trainwreck"? ..He cant' stop watching...? Oh my! *

She blushed and giggled, fanning out a black-banded bay wing to belatedly cover her blushing muzzle as she flicked her ribboned tail almost casually. "Oh, I-I'm Shanna, Shanna Skybright. Pleased to meet you..."

(ooc): Let it be after they met, Boss.

Jubilee smiled at Hoss. "Of course you can hang out with us! The more the merrier! I came with my pal Mojo here."

"Hi there!" Mojo neighed as he offered his hoof to shake. "Any friend of Wings here is a friend of mine!"

"And I came with Starflower too, where is she? Oh, there she is, up there with that filly standing in line. Are they giving tickets away up there?"

The line began to move swiftly as Starflower and Spirit Flame reached the blue pony who was passing out the tickets.

"I would like one ticket for myself and one for my new friend here," the taller unicorn said politely to Big Time. She then turned to look at Spirit Flame. "Don't be nervous, Spirit Flame. This is all a part of the party experience. When we're done here, would you like to have some cake and goodies?"

Meanwhile, Saddlesore finally began to eat. The crabby blue stallion showed all the manners of a backyard animal as he smacked his lips, groaned as he ate and belched several times as he devoured all of his three plates of food. Soon, Destiny Star emerged from the restroom all sparkling clean but not in a very good mood.

"Who jabbed me in the rear?" the reddish maned unicorn grunted. "Just wait until I find the joker who did this to me! I'm Destiny Star! No one gets away with making me look foolish! I'll find out who did this if I have to stay here all night!"

Spirit waited in the line with Starflower, still not entirely sure what she was doing. When they got to the front of the line, to the blue pony, Starflower asked for their tickets. She then turned and told Spirit some things.

Spirit couldn't help but be nervous about new things. In the Everfree Forest, most new things weren't good after all. Being wary of things you didn't understand was important for staying safe. Still, Spirit kind of liked this Starflower. She seemed very nice and next to her, Spirit didn't feel like she was in immediate danger.

Spirit didn't know what "goodies" entailed, but she had tried cake before. It was a little too sweet for her, but kind of good in small quantities. She thought, maybe she would like to eat cake with Starflower.

"Alright," she said in a low, awkward voice. "I would like to do that."

“Sure thing!” Big Time said. The blue stallion reached into a bag that rested next to him on the floor. He pulled out two tickets and put them on his hoof, then held them over to Starflower. “Good luck! I hope you have a great time at the party!”

Big Time looked down at the young filly accompanying Starflower and tilted his head. “Now who do we have here?” With a laugh, the happy stallion looked over his sunglasses at the shy foal. Big Time summoned a soft , innocent voice that he usually used when talking with youngsters. “What’s your name, little one?”

Bull Dozer widened his eyes a little bit. She was looking right at him! His view of her face was slightly obstructed when her wing seemed to unfurl. A small blush appeared on his cheeks, and his words were caught in his throat.

Very little could take down the stallion. He made it a point in his life to not only look tough, but to be tough. However, no amount of muscle stood a chance against a mare as pretty as this. Before he let his nerves get to him, Bull Dozer cleared his throat and responded, “…I’m Bull Dozer…it’s a pleasure to meet you too, ma’am.”

The brown earth-pony offered a simple smile while fighting that internal instinct of being shy, quiet and reserved. He raised a hoof to tip his construction hat to her, but forgot that he went ‘formal’ to this party, which to Bull Dozer meant just not wearing his construction hat.

Hoss quivered, trying not to bounce on his hooves like a foal as Jubilee said he and Shanna could hang with them. "Oh Thank you!"

He waved to Mojo "Hello Mojo! My sis has been watching for your wagon. She wants a lava lamp sometime."

The young stallion did a double take as he saw who the oher friend was "OH! We traveled to Hoofington with Starflower recently after she helped us save a unicorn mare. By Lu.. Celestia and Luna, what a small world huh?"

He did another double take as he saw his sister deeply engrossed with a burly earth pony stallion as they waited in line for tickets. he mutterd half to himself "I'll have to trust her judgement on this one. I really dont' want to have to defend her honor with that bruser..."

Meanwhile, Shanna flicked her ears in surprise, seeing the stallion was just as flustered as she was. "H-hello Bull Dozer. Would you like to sit and eat with me after we get our raffle tickets? I'm sure my brother would be pleased to meet you."

Starflower stood with Spirit Flame as Big Time politely asked for her name. She hoped that the shy pony wouldn't be too nervous to respond. The light blue unicorn smiled at her, hoping her mere presense would help Spirit Flame feel comfortable enough to begin to socialize with other ponies. She could sense her unease though she didn't quite understand the source of it.

Meanwhile, Mojo and Jubilee continued pleasant conversation with Hoss.

"You're welcome, Hoss!" the petite blonde Pegasus neighed. "It's great to make new friends, especially when one is a fan of mine!"

"Your sister wants a lava lamp, cool!" Mojo neighed. "My wagon's parked outside. I'll be happy to set her up with one of my finest! Creating lava lamps isn't easy, especially when it comes to getting the fresh lava to put in them."

"That joke is as old as Granny Smith!" Jubilee giggled. "Ya gotta overlook Modge's sense of humor, since he doesn't really have one."

"Ha ha nice one, Wings! Maybe you should add comedy to your resume,"

Near the restroom entrance, Destiny Star stood, still furious over what had happened to her earlier.

"I'll bet it was that grouchy blue pony was the one that jabbed my rear," the tall unicorn grumbled. "I'll find him, so help me I will!"

Seated at a nearby table, Saddlesore heard Destiny's ranting. Finishing his plate of food, the blue stallion decided to bid a hasty retreat. Stooping down low, he began crawling under tables trying to avoid her angry gaze.

Spirit tilted her head as she looked at the blue stallion. He was doing something kind of strange with his voice when he talked to her. She had no clue why. She wasn't sure what to make of him.

"My name is Spirit Flame," she said in a low, somewhat monotone voice while staring at the stallion unblinkingly.

Big Time laughed a little bit at Spirit's staring. He then raised a hoof to his chest and spoke in a regal tone, "well my name is Big Time. It's very lovely to meet you Miss Spirit Flame. I hope you have an exquisite time at this little gathering."

Big Time bowed politely to the foal, acting as though she were the guest of honor, and he were her humble servant. The blue stallion continued his theatrical tone: "Should you require anything, you need only find me, and I will do my best to accommodate you."

With a broad smile, Big Time rose and looked at Starflower. "May you two have a wonderful night here at Big Time's Big Party!" Though he wasn't an expert on entertaining, he loved to at least humor the young colts and fillies he met with a little performance. Plus, entertaining a child was an easy way to gain the positive attention of the ponies around him.

Bull Dozer stifled a gasp as Shanna invited him to eat with her. The heavy stallion felt like he was light on his hooves, his head in the clouds. However, the mention of the word "brother" struck him back down to earth. She had a brother? And he was going to meet him? A spike of worry shot through the brown earth-pony's body. He wasn't worried that Shanna's brother would intimidate him. No. Bull Dozer knew he could best most ponies in a fight. The thing that worried him was...what would Shanna think if they got in a fight. Surely she would want nothing to do with Bull Dozer after something like that.

Despite trying to be a gentlecolt around Shanna, Bull Dozer tended to be very straight-forward and stubborn. He had his opinions, and he stuck to them like sap to a tree. If he and Shanna's brother didn't see eye-to-eye, then Bull Dozer feared there would be a problem...

...but the determined stallion would be darned if he wasn't going to try his best. Besides, if he WAS able to get along with her brother, then the prize itself would be worth it. Shanna's attention.

Pushing those thoughts aside, Bull Dozer answered her question. "That sounds lovely, Ms. Skybright. I would love to eat with you and your brother."

Hoss nickered pleasently and put his mind back on the ponies he was with, keeping a "weather ear" out for his sis. "So, have any of you been in a big city party before? At most, Me and Shanna attended parties and functions during our Astronomy studies in Canterlot, so a full out "party" party was rare except in the student quarter."

She managed not to giggle at the look on Bull Dozer's face when she said "brother". She smiled encouragingly "I want you to meet him right away so there's no... ahhh "misunderstandings" like in one of those silly romance comedy plays. You'll see why when you see him." She winked mysteriously.

She suddenly looked around at the line, her wings flaring out part way, showing her cutie mark of a four pointed silver star in an oval on a blue field. "Oh ponyfeathers, It's our turn for tickets already! Time flies with handsome company..."

Shanna turns and trots up to Big Time "Two please, one is for my brother..."

"Thank you, Mr. Big Time," Starflower said with a smile as she turned to Spirit Flame. "Now that we have our tickets, come with me and we'll help ourselves to the wonderful buffet! You can get whatever you'd like to eat and as much of it as you like. I'll show you."

Starflower's nurturing personality was in 'full gear' as she watched over her new young friend. Meanwhile, Mojo and Jubilee continued their conversation with Hoss.

"I've been to a few big cities before, but this is my first time here," the petite Pegasus mare said. "I came to this party hoping I would have a chance to talk to Big Time. I hear he's one of the most famous talent scouts in all of Equestria!"

"My first time here too," added Mojo. "Came here to make some sales but couldn't pass up this great party! Groovy tunes and excellent grub! What pony wouldn't want to be here?"

At that moment, the one pony who would like to be somewhere else is Saddlesore. Realizing that a very furious Destiny Star was searching for him in the crowd, the blue stallion continued to crawl under tables as he hoped to find the exit and slip away. Destiny's rage caused the tall reddish maned unicorn to growl loud enough for ponies nearby to take notice of her.

"Where is he? Where is that no good plug that dared to attack my flank?" she roared, turning her head to scan the crowd for any signs of the blue pony who had jabbed her butt. Suddenly, she caught a glimpse of a blue stallion's rear near the front of the room. "AH HA! There he is! Two can play at this game!"

Galloping at full stride, Destiny growled as she lowered her head, aiming her unicorn horn for the blue rear ahead of her. Startled ponies back away from the path of the angry mare who soon scored a direct 'hit' on the blue pony's behind.

"TAKE THAT, YOU HOOLIGAN!" she shouted with a satisfied look on her face, only to spot Saddlesore out of the corner of her eye still moving beneath a nearby table. "Wait! If he's there, then who did I.... HOLY CELESTIA!"

The horrified look on Destiny Star's face said it all. She had just harpooned Big Time, the very pony she had come to this party to impress. Now she just stood there, nervously stuttering jibberish, at a complete loss for words.