[Sweet Apple Acres] Looking for Lemons

WillowWisp

Another find day in Equestria, the sun was up and shinning bright.This was the day most ponies loved. Wisp, well she didn't hate sunny days, but she much rather be up at night; that was her element. But she had a job to do. She had a hungry bat at home and she was out of lemons.

When she first moved into Ponyville she went to Sweet Apple Acres to see if they had more than just apples. However the trip got side tracked and she merely just met a handful of ponies. She remembered Applejack and her older brother Big Macintosh. They seemed like friendly ponies. But she'd also met Braeburn that day and she that what she remembered the most.

So there she was again, at the farm, this time hoping to get some lemons... or at least find somewhere she could get some.

"Hello, anypony around?"

Big Mac was currently finishing up the mornings work of tending to the fields outside the barn - t'was a fairly glorious day with a great deal of sun and minimal clouds, although admittedly the Stallion wouldn't have minded a small rainy moment just to cool off with. Ah well, there was always some apple juice after. After getting himself re-hooked to the rows of freshly bucked loaded onto their wooden trolleys,

Big Macintosh was soon on his way back to the barn to unload - he still had a lot more to work on after these apples, and he wasn't ready to rest yet.

However, Mac's attention was suddenly piqued when he heard a voice calling from nearby - seemed like somepony was at the farm and in need of something, which meant he needed to get his rump moving and go tend to it fairly quickly, 'lest it leave a bad impression on the apple family and their home services, something Mac took surprisingly seriously...or at least surprising for those who simply assumed that he was a carefree pony through and through. The Apple family business was always a matter of pride to the stallion...and he alway strove to uphold that.

" Ah'm comin', hang on there! " Big Mac called out as he made his way to the source of the voice...the apples could await their storage for right now, he figured, as there was somepony who clearly was in need of a little assistance up here. Clearing his throat, he speaks up to address the visitor calmly.

" Well hello there, missy...an' what can Ah be helpin' you with this fine mornin'? "

• Like 1

(ooc): And what would Sweet Apple Acres be without.....

episodeone095.jpg

It was another glorious morning at Sweet Apple Acres. Granny Smith was in the house clearing the breakfast table and preparing to wash the morning dishes when her elderly ears heard a loud female voice calling outside.

"Land sakes! We got company!" the gray maned mare shouted as she ambled her way towards the front door. By the time she got out to the front porch, she saw WillowWisp talking to Big MacIntosh.

"HOWDY YOUNGIN'!" Granny Smith shouted gleefully. "Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres!"

The lime green lime took a moment to refocus her eyes at the new arrival.

"Say! I've seen you somewhere before! Your name is... er... well it's... oh, dang my old memory, but I know I knows y'all from somewheres!"

• Like 1

Just as last time the members of the Apple Family were quick to respond. But Willow couldn't help glancing around to see if that meant there was going to be another crowd. Then again perhaps on her last venture it had just been one of those busy days.

"Morning, Big Mac," at least, she was sure that was his name. The red stallion had been kind of quiet the last time she was there, but she'd at least heard his name. "I hope you don't mind me stopping by but last time when-"

Wisp cut herself off as she heard the greeting from the elder pony. As the old mare wondered on her name, Wisp was mentally doing the same thing. She hadn't seen the matriarch of the family on her previous visit. And she was sure they hadn't met in town, but she wasn't going to correct her. No, she'd just smile and offer an answer. After all sometimes, it was best to let the elders just go with what they thought than to try and correct them.

"Oh good morning, and don't worry Mam. I'm Willow Wisp. I'm the one living in that so called... haunted house," Wisp laughed and offered a kind smile.

Looking back to Big Macintosh she cleared her throat a little. "Actually, I was wondering... do you have any lemons on the farm? I came by once before but it got so busy I never actually found out if you did or didn't. And I've got one angry bat at home that doesn't want anything else."

Well, the mare was certainly making an odd request - it wasn't like anypony to casually ask for lemons, and he had to take a moment just to get over the small odd request to actually figure out if he had any lemons to offer the poor pony. Big Mac was more used to apple requests, and being asked for lemons was...well, rare!

" Well, miss, ah reckon ah might have some available... " The stallion started, clearing his throat a little as he vaguely memorised where the lemon trees were located behind the barn. " Not really so sure if they're in season, but ah could go take a peek! "

Big mac shot a small grin as he turned on his hooves to head towards the barn - there wasn't any way to really know for sure if they were 100% ready yet so he'd probably have to buck off a batch and take a peek. They didn't usually sell as well as apples or other popular fruits, but they were a fairly good fruit to have as a compliment or as part of something, rather than eating as they were.

He looks toward the green wrinkled pony and gives a small nudge to get her attention. " Look after this'un, Grandma, I'll be back in a sec! "

Big Mac then proceeds to canter off back towards the barn to go and tend to the fruits in question...they weren't quite as in demand as the other fruits and vegetables, but Big Mac was still quite fond of his lemons, and knew that there were others who used or enjoyed them alongside apples and other more popular items on the menu!

"Willow Wisp! That's it!" Granny Smith neighed as she walked towards her. "I knew it. Oh yeah, maybe I didn't. Say yur lookin' fer lemons? Sure we got some. I love apples, but every now and then, I bake lemon tarts and lemon pies fer a change. Lemons are good fer ya!"

Now the elderly mare stood next to her.

"So glad ya came to visit us! Could I offer you some coffee and pie? All we got at the moment is apple pie, but it is yummy!"

This trip seemed to be going much better than before. Big Mac was actually going to get to check to see if the yellow fruits were available. Last time they somehow had got tangled up in having lunch and even that never panned out because ponies just kept showing up.

As the stallion went to see if they had any for her, she turned her attention to Granny Smith. The elderly pony still seemed to have a lot of spunk for her are. She could only hope she'd be that spunky when she reached her golden years.

"That's very nice of you to offer," she hesitated for a moment. She wasn't sure if she should take the offer. That's how the last trip got derailed. But she didn't want to turn her down. And one piece of pie wouldn't hurt.

"Oh sure, why not. Some pie sounds pretty good. Last time I was here pie was offered by Braeburn, but we never got to eat it."

• 2 weeks later...

Mac headed off to get some lemons from the back of the barn - he knew that the ones growing there were usually fairly good when ripe...but he wasn't sure if they were ready just yet, and he didn't want to waste a buckful if the majority were going to be inedible.

Arriving at the lemon tree, he takes some time to look up and inspect the fruits as much as he could, although it was still hard for even himself to really get a good look at it, having to crane his neck up uncomfortably to get a good see. Luckily enough for everypony, There were enough ripened yellow fruit sprouting up there...potentially enough for perhaps a light buck to see if he could 'charm' down just enough of the sour fruits to take to Willow. Standing by the tree after taking a few buckets and placing them in strategic places in order to catch the fruits. , he uses one hind-hoof to buck the tree hard, watching as the sour fruits succumb to gravity and fall into the bucket in small piles.

" That oughta do it! " The Red Stallion says with an air of satisfaction as he carries one of the buckets away towards where he'd come from - he quietly hoped that Willow would find a lemon or 2 that tickled her fancy in the right ways.

Macintosh then makes his way towards the pair, Lemon bucket handle firmly clenched between his teeth...

"Excellent deary, come on up to the house and I'll have it ready fer ya!" Granny Smith said as the elderly gray maned mare moved slowly back up the steps and into the kitchen. Lucky for her (and Wisp) that the coffee had already finished brewing and the apple pie was already sitting on the dining room table, ready to slice and enjoy. Moving with an added 'pep in her step', Granny Smith cut a slice of pie and set it on a plate. She then moved carefully to retrieve a colorful coffee mug, one with a red apple design on it.

"Here we are, all done. When that nice filly finishes her business with Big Mac, she and the big guy can come up here for a nice treat!"

Granny Smith ambles over to an open window and shouts, "COFFEE AND PIE'S ALL READY! COME AND GIT IT!"