Roleplay Topic Tags and Titles
Alright, so sometimes these things called Topic Tags can be confusing. This post is here to clear things up. Remember that a Topic Tag is the tag that goes immediately before your title (and generally requires you to check a box). All other tags are called just that: Tags.
- A Topic Tag is always required when you create and Application, so that part is easy. Pick the species of your character from the list of Topic Tags.
- Other tags that you can add to your Application are gender, hometown, current residence... well, whatever you feel like, really.
- The next thing that goes in your Application title is the name of your character. Pretty simple, since you should already know it.
- Lastly, please mark the status of your Application as [WIP] (Work In Progress) or [FINAL].
- In the end, your Application title should look something like this: [Topic Tag]Character Name[FINAL].
Explanation of status (bracket) tags for Roleplay: These statuses may appear in brackets in the title of an RP and/or as tags.
- Set the location as the Topic Tag for your Roleplay. Sure, you're in The Heartland, but where at? Ponyville, Trottingham, Cloudsdale? The city/area that the RP takes place in should be the Topic Tag.
- Topic titles should always start with the location of the RP.
- This will help people who live or are traveling in that same area to know where they should RP.
- Next in the title is the name of your Roleplay. The title of a Roleplay is much like the title of a book.
- Last, it is also helpful to add an [Open], [Closed], or [Private] (or some other) tag to the end of the title of your Roleplay. That way, it is totally clear whether someone can or can't join.
- You can add the status of your Roleplay as a tag (instead or in addition to the title), and while this does help with organization, I've found it's not very noticeable.
- [Open] - This tag indicates that a topic is free for any Roleplayer to join. However, if the topic has gone to a second page, the RP may already be well in progress. I suggest PMing the OP (Original Poster) if there are multiple pages.
- [Closed] - This tag indicates that a topic is not accepting any more players to join.
- [Private] - This tag indicates that a topic is Private and that it is open for invite only. You should not ask to join a Private RP, and do not join it without previous permission.
- People may make unique status tags for their Roleplay. Please pay attention to them.