Canterlot RP Rules
The following is a list of Rules created for Canterlot.com's Roleplay areas. These are not guidelines or suggestions, they're rules
For Equestria Mane RP
Here are the basics. You may notice a lot of underlined text; clicking on them will lead you to a further explanation of that rule. You should read all of the links associated with this document.
Roleplay For Newbies Guide
Cast Character Rules
Writing A Quality Roleplay Post
World Of Equestria Locations
Playable Species List
- Before applying for a character, please see the Official Species List
- Your Roleplay character will be assessed by an RP Helper before it is given an approved stamp by a Senior RP Helper. A Senior RP Helper may also ask for edits to an application.
- No previous relationships with ANY Cast Character for ANY reason. This can be worked out and established in Roleplay later, but it is NOT to be in any Applications. You will be asked to change or remove this.
- To keep the number of pending applications to a minimum, only one FINAL application and one WIP (Work In Progress) application are allowed in the Applications section at one time.
- No sexual RP; romance and ship (relationships) are okay, just remember the board & RP must keep content suitable for all audiences.
- No gore RP; again the board & RP is all audience content only.
- Violence/Battles/Fighting are alright in moderation.
- No god-modding (Nobody likes a powergamer!).
- No controlling another person's character(s) without permission.
- No double posting in RP threads. Edit your previous post.
- No OOC (Out Of Character) posts in RP threads.
- Do not intrude on Private/Invite-only RPs.
- Please be courteous and interact with new arrivals to the RP area, as well as to your fellow Roleplayers. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
- Please Tag your Roleplay appropriately. See: Roleplay Topic Tags And Titles.
- If the Staff need to interject an RP, please be understanding as there may be unforeseen reasons we have to step in. (Although if you read and follow the rules, this should not happen.)
- RP posts should ideally be at least a full paragraph in length. (This means a minimum of five complete original sentences.) This is to ensure quality and so that the currentRoleplay has enough to build on.
- Technology must be simple. Simple machines only. Basic Steam Technology and mechanical tools. Remember, this is not our world, this is Equestria and the ponies fulfill many of the roles that we as humans have built machines to do. (For more information, please see Technology Level – Ponies and Technology Level – Griffons.)
- Electricity is in its infancy. This means very basic light bulbs, spotlights, and simple gag items. An advanced power grid is not possible in Mane RP. Simple power plants are okay (windmill, geothermal, coal), but advanced power plants or items that require them are not. Advanced would be nuclear, as an example, and items that require large amounts of constantly generated electricity are not. (For more information, please see Electricity in Equestria.)
- No computers, televisions, video games, microwaves, or anything of this level of technology. Only simple devices. If it is something that can be reproduced via a simple machine, it is okay, but if it requires complex applications or engineering or software, it is not.