Antagonists for Season 3?

Erlenmeyer

real_men_play_candyland_by_peachiekeenie-d4yo1eh.jpg

Many people are hoping for the return of Discord, Gilda, or Trixie for Season 3. I would love to see any of them comeback, too! I also have other ideas in mind. For example, I'd like to see a non-supernatural Big Bad. So far the non-supernatural antagonists we've seen are small stuff compared to Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis, or Discord. Trixie wants to be famous; Flim and Flam want to do business; the diamond dogs just want jewels. I want to see a pony who desires all of Equestria in her hoof. Or perhaps a griffin who wants to unlock an ancient power to become the supernatural Big Bad.

Another kind of villain I'd like to see is one of the former villains coming back. I'm talking Grogar (the goat in the picture), Tirek (red dude), or the Great Lord Smooze (

). Mostly Grogar. He seems awesome. What kind of antagonists do you guys want to see?

i know nothing of pre-g4 stuff, but the smooze looks like a potential antagonist.

As for me, i think it would be good to see an antagonist who's trying to good, but doing it the wrong way... like an advisor to Celestia who thinks she's not doing what she should to help Equestria, so he finds a loophole where the advisor can take the power of the princess if he feels that her duty isn't being fulfilled. she reluctantly agrees to uphold the ruling, but when she sees what he's really planning on doing he's too powerful to be stopped.

I would love to see some kind of zombie thingus that turns out just to be a dream.I would think a guy who kinda captures ponies to work for him would be kool too.Oh but I would love to see Trixie again but instead of being good (like everypony hopes she would be) she should be back with a few brand new tricks then she like brings back all the antogonists from seasons 1 and 2 then her a Twi have to beat them!

hi hi

Cheerilee gets sick and has to call in a substitute teacher... of doom! :)

That might not be bad... The CMC expect her to be evil, so everything she does differently than Cheerilee is seen as evil, and the morale ends up being 'Dont fear change'

• Like 1

I honestly don't mind which antagonists we have for Season 3.

All I ask really is that we get a bigger threat this time around. As we've seen with the development of the show, we've seen the stories become more complex and epically involved with its villain. It went from the huge backstories for Nightmare Moon and Discord to Queen Chrysalis and overall scale of her threat.

I say that when they introduce this new villain, it needs to be a MUCH bigger threat. I'm thinking that involving not only total takeover ("A Canterlot Wedding") would be great to do once again, but also involving an added danger to the villain would be good. Something like one of the Mane 6 being kidnapped so they can't necessarily get close enough to the villain to fight them, or even have the LIVES OF PONIES being threatened. It somewhat came to this in "A Canterlot Wedding"...but I'd like to see its prominence and actually have those feelings of despair and fear of what COULD HAPPEN if they fail...

I know antagonists and the villains are the flavor of the day, but what about something more profound -- like say, a natural disaster, or a spat between Celestia and Luna that could mess with day and night? It could be a good way to give more depth to the sisters, maybe explore some back story about them.

It will never happen.

We can expect something Discordish though, due to De Lancie's involvement in future episodes!

• Like 1

THE SSSSSSMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS!!!! TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'd like to see a Discord/ Chrysalis team up. I think of them like Lord Zed and Rita from the original Power Rangers (I'm showing my age with this analogy). Either the two would team up just for evil's sake or they become a couple.

As for other villians, I'd like to see Twilight get possessed by something. A powerful unicorn + getting possessed by something evil = bad.

Maybe a plot can be where the mane six are thrown into an alternate Equestria where everypony is bad, including Celestia and Luna. And the twist is, Discord is good and is the only one to get them back!

Also, a creature that feeds off Nightmares and exploits the ponies' worst fears would be fun (thing Scarecrow from the Batman franchise)

• Like 1

hi hi

I guess if I was making a "horrible substitute teacher," story, I'd try to fit in two lessons. Someone doing things differently doesn't necessarily make those ways bad, and sometimes adults make honest mistakes too and there are good and bad ways for kids to handle it.

I'm with Rosewind on the whole villaining inside the chimney thing. (Yes, I verbed it.) There's plenty of stories that revolve around villains that go "Rar! We're bad!" but one of the things I've enjoyed about Friendship is Magic is that even the villains have character and motivations, and we as the audience can even feel remorse for some of them when we think about how they ended up that way. Part of the magic of the series, in my opinion, is that it takes many of the perpetually intractable problems of our own world and tosses them aside, showing an example of a world that (while not perfect) can get along just fine without them.

Equestria doesn't seem to be a land where Good and Evil must exist together in some sort of crazy cosmic balance. Friendship is explicitly stronger than its foes.

That being said, there's some precedent for natural disasters in the show already, not even counting the ancient blizzard from the Hearth's Warming pageant. Rainbow Dash talks about snow production being messed up and causing a drought, so its not hard to imagine that some kind of mistake causing a big problem. Doesn't really even need to be malicious.

A spat between the Princesses could be a great lesson for getting along with your peers. Any kid who goes through school is probably going to be stuck in a group project with someone they're not getting along with at some point.

You could have an episode where Princess Celestia gets called away and Luna requests Twilight and her friend's help with some tasks that she's having trouble taking care of by herself. The mane six could then meet all sorts of ill tempered ponies and try to figure out some way to resolve their differences, or even just in being taken seriously.

I know antagonists and the villains are the flavor of the day, but what about something more profound -- like say, a natural disaster, or a spat between Celestia and Luna that could mess with day and night? It could be a good way to give more depth to the sisters, maybe explore some back story about them.

It will never happen.

We can expect something Discordish though, due to De Lancie's involvement in future episodes!

I kinda like the idea of Celestia and Luna fighting... maybe not as bad as the NMM incident, but still... Luna blocks the sun with an eclipse, Celestia makes the sun bigger to get around it, making it hotter. then luna brings the moon closer, which threatens the town via Majora's mask style... Could be fun.

I'd like to see a Discord/ Chrysalis team up. I think of them like Lord Zed and Rita from the original Power Rangers (I'm showing my age with this analogy). Either the two would team up just for evil's sake or they become a couple.

Also, a creature that feeds off Nightmares and exploits the ponies' worst fears would be fun (thing Scarecrow from the Batman franchise)

(the fact that i got that reference tells me i'm old too x-x ) But i like the idea! I've suggested it befores.

Ah, yes, scarecrow was a great villain way back when... I'd love to see something like that.

Discord. I really hope for Discord.

On a side note, since hell Tartarus is canon, I'd like to see a demonic entity. Even though it probably won't happen, I can dream.

If Disney can do it for fantasia, Hasbro can do it for my little pony.

I want more cool monsters and creatures. Anything creepy, creative, cute or cool. They don't attract as much attention as the speaking villains, I suppose, but the show's monsters are quite striking, original and memorable. I'd love to see more on that front.

I'd also of course like to see Gilda and Chrysalis again.... and yeah, new villains would be cool, of course. ;)

As for other villians, I'd like to see Twilight get possessed by something. A powerful unicorn + getting possessed by something evil = bad.

Maybe a plot can be where the mane six are thrown into an alternate Equestria where everypony is bad, including Celestia and Luna. And the twist is, Discord is good and is the only one to get them back!

I'm liking the possession idea! Especially since I just watched the new Rainbow Dash Presents. A Scarecrow like creature would make a great antagonist for a Nightmare Night episode!

Erm... I hope you mean as a flashback. Starswirl is a pony from olden times. He's been dead for hundreds, possibly thousands, of years.

Unless he comes back as a mad scientist zombie! That would be AWESOME!