Antagonists for Season 3?

Erlenmeyer

I'm loving lux's idea of the alternate universe :D

I'm a huge Discord fan him being my favorite villian. Twilight being such a powerful spellcaster if she was being controlled it'd be a really challeging struggle. I'm so hyped for season 3!

~Shadowmist

hi hi

I should point out that in early greek mythology, Tartarus is a realm below Hades where the Titans were held prisoner. Also, on the topic of the four riders of the Apocalypse, I can't help but notice that there were four stars that helped Nightmare Moon escape her prison. :)

I'm not sure why Discord would need to control Twilight, I mean other than the fact that he kind of already did in Return of Harmony 2. Maybe its just me, but he seems to have just about all the power he could possibly want, outside of those meddling elements of harmony turning him to stone.

I wouldn't mind a Scooby Doo villain, where they pull off the evil creature's mask and reveal old Mare Whatshername who would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling foals. :P

I wasn't really thinking about the realism in the story which i should have more acknowledgement for. The little colt inside of me was like "Discord episode! Discord episode!".

Lol, but he's strong enough that he wouldnt need to control the ponies and that'd be a repeat of his debut episode. So maybe a better idea could be him scattering the elements of harmony around Equestria. It'd give a nice adventure tone along with my deeply desired discord return. :P

Or even better have him don a disgise like a scoobydoo villain, To trick the phillies. :D

~Shadowmist

That might not be bad... The CMC expect her to be evil, so everything she does differently than Cheerilee is seen as evil, and the morale ends up being 'Dont fear change'

This concept seems familiar...to both me and should be one Faust would recall, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k36dYdKunck

This concept seems familiar...to both me and should be one Faust would recall, too.

Well, that doesn't really matter since Faust isn't working on the show anymore. :/

Although Amy Keating Rogers was head writer for The Powerpuff Girls, and she's still with FiM as far as I know. Guess there's still hope for this type of episode.

And lauren quit the show? i thought she was just relocated to a different position?

"Quit" seems like a harsh word. It's not that she didn't like the show or anything. She just moved on to pursue other things. She helped with some writing/story for season 2 and whatnot, but she was gone before the season even began, perhaps even before it was animated. They even changed some things after she left (such as making Cadance an Alicorn). I think she may have had a separate position that differed from season 1 to season 2, but she'll have no hand in season 3 other than what she already laid out in previous seasons.

Also yes, the voice actor confirmed that Discord would return.