[Fillydelphia]Moving In or The Mansion in Mess [Completed]

Ciraxis

Pieces of the landscape flashed trought the windows as train from Manehattan moved towards Fillydelphia.

Swift Squall was engulfed deep in his thoughts. Paying visit to Mother was nice, even if his father - sadly - was at the business trip at the Roam at the time. Home...actually it was his parents place, he himself didn't lived with them for many years. Yet even when he resided in Stalliograd he couldn't say that his apartament there felt like home.

He hoped that it will be different with him moving to Fillydelphia - especially considering the connection his family had with the mansion he bought...or maybe it would be appropriate to say 'rebought'?

[colour=green]"I can't count on hope alone.."[/colour] he said aloud.

That was true...he must work harder to make the better results then in the Jewel of the North. The Army there was rather strict - harsh ponies from the harsh land...or maybe...it was him being the problem?

Swift used to think that keeping the unemotinal attitude will make others more trusting.

While he wasn't proved wrong that wasn't confirmed either. Trying other approch could't hurt, right?

Squall sighted heavily - he was thinking too much. His horn flashed with emerald aura when he pulled his sword from his carry-on baggage.

[colour=green]"What do you think Yaohm? Will we be more lucky there?"[/colour] stallion asked his blade. It was habit he developed in Unyasi. His horn lit up once more when conservation suite followed the weapon. He was so focused at polihing his blade that he did not notice when the train stopped.The sudden bump that run trought the machine brought him back to reality however. He quickly took glimpse at the outside.

[colour=green]"Ah, they adding cars from Canterlot"[/colour]Swift muttered to himself and he realised that he was halfway there.

Dunder Blust was in Canterlot again. He supposed it wasn't as bad as he thought, at least not in the snobby rich part of the city. In the more common pony areas was where he could find the ponyfolk that were easier to socialize with. But, like all of his visits to other cities, he needed to leave. And the reports of the weather ponies setting up storms between Cloudsdale and Canterlot was bad news for him, leaving early was his decision. Looks like he'd need to take the train, and the next one leaving was going to Fillydelphia, but he supposed to flight from Fillydelphia to Cloudsdale wasn't too bad.

He quickly boarded the train, the wave of ponies all boarding was enough to motivate him to take whatever seat he could find and this Unicorn with a seat open looked like he wasn't going to mind.

Instinctively, he took the rapier with scabbard off of its strap, as it wouldn't fit with him sitting down. He laid it across his lap as he sat down, putting the end of the scabbard across Swift's lap. "Sorry.." Dunder said to the unicorn, "I hope you don't mind the tip there across your lap." He said, before noticing the sword he was holding. This unicorn wasn't a normal Canterlot noble unicorn. "What's your name? Mine is Dunder Blust." He said with a small smile.

(OOC: Italic lines are actually Swift's toughts. I mention it to avoid confusion.)

At first Swift barely noticed pegasus that took seat across him. That was until the moment when stallion took of his rapier. Squall's eyebrows rose up in surprise. Was that guy the knight or something? And what pegasus was doing in train anyway? Weird.

Unlike you, isn't it?. asked tiny voice in his head in sarcastic tone. Unicorn noble, from the family of fencers. Never been in ballroom despite being ritch as hey. Spent more time in the road than in home cose you run away from it. One of few who been in Unyasi and can claim to know that land. Oh and you fight crime by your own choice. Nope, Swift Squall, you completly ordinary pony. voice mocked him mercilessly.

Swift thinked so hard that sudden question took him completly off guard.

"Did...did he asked me something?" he wondered in confusion.

Squall looked straight at his fellow traveler. Yup, he was staring at him. He thanked Celestia for his non transparent shades.

Suddenly he remembered. Pegasus asked his name - and even introduced himself. Dudner Blust...

For a moment Swift was tempted to ignore the question...but...

Ah,ah,ah, that won't do. No more icy pony, remember? his subconsciousness reminded.

"I am... Swift Squall." he said trying to sound casualy. It didn't come out bad. Swift did not waited for reaction and proceded with his own question.

" So...I wonder what a pegasus like do in the train to Fillydelphia? Isn't it...a waste of money for you? I mean, it's not my business, but... he asked aloud.

At the same time Squall's eyes noticed Dunder's Cutie Mark.

"A rapier and frying pan? He is talented at weapon using too?!"

At the same time door to the car opened - it was train newsagent.

Dunder Blust was disappointed by the pony, the unicorn seemed to want to ignore him. Maybe Dunder was wrong, maybe this pony was just a regular Canterlot noble who trotted around with a sword because he thought he knew what he would be doing with it. Maybe the look he gave the rapier was intimidation because Dunder could actually know the martial art behind the sword? The brown pegasus hoped not, meeting another swordpony was rare and meeting new ones was always an interesting experience. He started to look away, thinking about trying to get this unicorn's attention back. Fortunately, that was unnecessary as that was when he heard the unicorn's voice. He looked back up as the unicorn asked his questions and introduced himself.

Dunder nodded and smiled, "Hello, Swift. And I am taking the rain because I didn't want to fly to Cloudsdale while the weather ponies are planning storms between Canterlot and Cloudsdale. Anyway, the fly from Fillydelphia won't be that bad with an extra day off to spare... I am a chef." He said, hoping that would help clear up anything. When he saw the pony was looking at his flank, he looked down too, "Yes, my cutie mark." He said right before the train newsagent walked in.

Dunder looked at the agent, then back to Swift, "So, I see you have a sword as well. I suppose you know how to use it, right?" He asked, hoping this pony wasn't a poser.

"Okay, thats new." Swift was very surprised. What give him away? He was sure that shades obscured his eyes completly. Either Squall made some mistake or this pegasus was exceptionally sharp. Newsagent made a nice distraction when suddenly Dudner shot with another question.

"What kind of question that is? Can't he see.." he then realised indeed Blunder can't see as Squall was wearing the duster today. He moved tail of his cloathing revealing his own Cutie Mark.

"I was six at the time. I slipped out from my room, I was supposed to do homework you see. I went to my grandfather room, he passed away before my birth and except mother no one was allowed in but I was just curious. I got the key week earlier. And then I opened the door and...it was amazing." Swift paused and smiled at the memory.

"It was greatest colection of blades I ever saw. And later I made a glimpse of realy impressive armories. In room of my grandpa was everything. Shotels, falchions, katzbalgers, gunongs...you name it and it was there. There was also one weapon that was laying on the bed. It was...ordinary. At least compared to weapons on the walls. I knowed not why I picked it, I think it was my affinity toards longswords. It was too haevy but I happly leashed out at one of the traning dummies that was there.I lost the count of time and my parents realised my room was empty. I run to the kitchen and it was there when they finded me. I lied that I just wen't to make some sandwiches. To my surprise they didn't bought it. THIS give me away." he pointed at his flank and made a small laugh. He then pondered...

"Why I told this to a stranger?"

Dunder nodded as he listened to the story, he just looked the pony in the eye as he payed attention to the storytelling. The story was odd, this pony was obviously of a high status if his relative so close had such a large stash of weapons. But, that was only if he was going to take this pony's word. He hoped it was true, he didn't want to take this pony's word as false all the time. Anyway, he wasn't intimidated by a large armory, just because he had different kinds of blades didn't mean he was any more deadly.

When he was done, Dunder nodded, "Yeah. Sounds interesting, and pretty funny." He smiled and chuckled a bit. "You like longswords? I know how to use them. Longswords, rapiers, warhammers, longswords used as warhammers, spears..." He said, and tapped his chin, looking away in thought, "That's about it... anyway, what manuscript did you use for the longsword? I used Flos Duellatorum." He said, trying hiding his excitement, he had never really met another pony with similar interests, especially specialty with longswords.

Finaly some subject Swift felt sure to trot upon.

"All of them." he said which gave him confused look from the pegasus.

"I study all manuscript's I can find and absorb what is useful." Squall explained.

"Each of them have something worthy. In battle one must be like water, taking the shape that is effective. So I taking all I consider efficent from the manuals and throw material arts in for a good mesure." he continued and paused dramaticly.

"In short...my style is lack of style. Oh I see you not convinced." Swift said, seeing doubt on Dunder's face. "Alright then, listen." unicorn cleared his throat and proceded.

"Sword are not a product of the ponykind. History shows that the one to invent them were griffons. They did it to compensate for the short reach of their claws. As a result the handle of bladed weapons are not adjusted to pony physiology and we are compeled to use them in our mouths, rarely tails and even more unusual in wings." Swift's short disquisition earned him nod from a Dunder.

"I can use mouth and tail as fine as any other sworpony...but not counting flexibility my gratest adventage is being the unicorn" he said and lifted his weapon from the seat using magic.

"Now don't be fooled. I feel full weight of my sword. The thing is it's distributed on my whole body rather then just jaw or tail. Even more important..."

He lifted blade even higher and did a few professional swings.

" With levitation I can use any technique that griffon,dragon or minotaur can and even some they can not..."

he said and made Yahom spin at frantic speed "...because it would break their wrist!" he finished and lowered sword down.

Dunder watched the pony use the sword. He knew how to parry or block and counter each one, and grinned. Though when he spun the blade fast, he was only mildly impressed. Unicorns always thought they were the best swordponies, they had magic and sometimes agility, sometimes matched or less than a pegasus'. Though, they lacked the strength of an earth or pegasus pony. And they couldn't fly. Anyway, a jack of all trades and a master of none wasn't going to get a pony very far in a battle against a well trained opponent.

"That was impressive, but you could swing at me with your magic and use multiple styles to slash or stab at me, but I will use the same 13 guards to fence you. anyway, you can't know all the manuscripts, there are hundreds if not thousands, too many. It's impossible to master all of them. Anyway, you can stab or slash at me hundreds of different ways, and 13 guards will defend against all of them and will lead me to counter. I know about 2 styles for each of my weapons, it's just that I use one, maybe two because I know there are other things to fall on and I don't want to much up my thoughts with too many options. Anyway, Flos Duellatorum is for ground fighting, and it instructs how to use the sword if held in the fetlocks." He said before drawing the rapier and gripping it tight in both of his fetlocks. "Holding the sword in the mouth or in the tail or wings is called a peasant or vulgar guard. Because a pony off the streets, the vulgar masses will try to hold it like that." He told the unicorn, hoping he was following along.

"Also, I know how to use my hooves, not nearly as well as my swords, but still. It's something to fall back on." He told the unicorn in front of him. "Because, of this reason: Do you know how long a sword fight lasts?" He asked the unicorn.

Swift listened politely as the pegasus spoke. And yes, Flos Duellatorum and it's famous 13 guards.

"It's sounds like a boasting about his skills." he tought and immidietly wondered if he himself, while earlier speaking was the same. And then Dudner said something...

"Because a pony off the streets, the vulgar masses will try to hold it like that."

Unicorn face shifted to anger when he remembered when was the last time he heard similar line.....

"This is wrong!" Squall protested speaking to mercenary leader. After all this months in the dark knowing that...knowing that...

His boss wasn't particulary moved, he just lighted up his cigar -slooowly- and after taking first puff he ansewered.

"Wrong? Come on lad, you to green on yar head to say what's good or wrong. Yes that are not medicine and stuff but who cares if it's arms or not?"

"Who cares?! We are suppose to stop this kind of situations not..."

"Wrong again, we are supposed to make a buck. Only naive, vulgar pony from masses think that we do it for giggles..."

Squall was left speechless. He looked around the tent confused, with look of anguish on his face. And then he noticed 'Doing Things Done' badge on his jacket. With disgust he ripped it off and throwed it at Boss.

"I think it means I must cut your share..." said older stallion after he took another poof.

"I don't want any more of your money Grey Condottier....I quit!" said Swift and he stormed off the tent.

"Vulgar? Really?" Swift suddenly asked " Do you think you are high and mighty for possesing this particular skill? Think again... he speaked quietly yet clearly. Not rising his voice for even a moment.

"If being vulgar means not being able to do something that means I am vulgar too and so are you.Can you know to make a sidewalk? Or farm carrots? Forge weapons your holding? Neither do I. And yet we using this things - every day. By doing so we are in dept of somepony. So, never again, call anypony vulgar because he or she is unable of doing something." he finished and suddenly the train stoped. It was Fillydelphia. Squall rised from his seat and grabbed his things, putting Yahom back to the scabbard.

" About the last question. Every time I must draw sword to fight against my will...each second is too long."

he said and hasted out of the cart in such hurry he did not notice that he dropped his new visiting card.

"I blewed it again." Swift tought as he departed the train.

On the station his butler, Oak Branch was already waiting.

"Welcome Young Master...was the trip enjoyable?" earth pony asked.

"Yes. Mother is well and she said that so is Father, but he was away on business trip."

"Even if you say so you look depressed Young Master. What happened?" old butler asked as they trotted off the station squeezing trought the crowd.

"I...tried to befriend somepony. But...I screwed it up" Swift said lowering his head.

"Oh...thats....unfortunate, I guess that you will not like what you will find at the mansion then..."

Dunder noticed the pony's expression change to one of anger as he mentioned "vulgar masses." Dunder looked extremely confused, he cocked his head, "what?" Right before the unicorn went on his huge speech of misdirected anger and passion. Dunder had simply quoted a manuscript! Not Flos Duellatorum, but it was still a manuscript not Dunder's own words behind it. He was sure that the pony was familiar, but something about the term was so heart wrenching to him. As the pony went on his speech, Dunder just leaned back with a mixed expression of nervousness and confusion.

"What! No? Wait...what?" Dunder asked the pony as he left. Something was wrong, it was obvious. He couldn't just leave the pony especially on that hoof. All it did was make Dunder look like a jerk in the pony's mind. Anyway, dunder wanted to be friends with this pony, he was a fellow swordstallion/duelist, whatever. The pony was also older than Dunder, and looked like they could help eachother. He quickly got up from his seat on the train and made sure he had forgotten nothing.

He followed the pony, using his flying abilities to his advantage. He spotted the unicorn stallion and flew over. "Swift Squall!" He said as he landed next to him, "I don't know why you got mad back there, but for whatever reason, I'm sorry." Dunder said, just hoping this unicorn would calm down. He didn't know if he was a hothead and if Dunder could choose between drawing his sword and flying, he wasn't sure what he would do at this point.

Swift was left speechless. He not expected that Dudner would fly after him, much less apologize. Why - opposite - it was him who owned pegasus a one.

"N-no...i-it's me who's sorry. I shouldn't overreact like that." he said struttering. "I know you was citating van Meer...it's just that when you said...that. It reminded me of someone who I despise and resurfaced something I am not proud off. Y-you couldn't know that and..." Squall took a deep breath "I apologize."

"I assume it was the pony you spoke about Young Master?" Oak Branch broke the awkward silence and he did it with a smile.

"Err... yes. Dunder this is my family butler - Oak Branch, Oak Branch this is Dunder Blust, we meet in train."

"Good afternoon Mr. Dunder. I am glad that Count of Fillydelphia made acquaintance in the journey..." said old servant still smiling.

"For Celestia sake, not so loud!" Swift yelped in panic. He then faced the pegasus.

"I explain on the way. Here is just...too crowded to speak about it." said unicorn looking around in suspition. He breathed in relief. "About this and any other question you can have. I owe you at last that."

A red Pegasus pony slowly cantered through the busy streets of Fillydelphia. Over the years, the mare known to all as 'Fire Walker' had slowly grown to love the 'City Of Sibling Love' She wore a light grey suit of griffin steel armor that resembled something an officer from the esteemed 'R.E.A.' or 'Royal Equestrian Army' would wear, but lacked a badge that would normally be placed on the breast plate. She also bore a full helm which covered most of her head and and what could be seen of her dark red mane was braided rather neatly. A pair of goggles hung around her neck, and a well worn saddle bag hung around her sides.

This was the city where she met two of the dearest and bravest of friends that she knew. She had already stopped off at Muggo' Ale's pub to drop off a bag of rather rare barely he had requested. She was glad to have that bag off her back. Now it would be strange if she ran into friend number two. "Oh.", she glanced up only to see said friend fly on by, "Dunder!", she tried to call out as more than a few ponies bumped into her. She only managed to yelp out an 'Under'. This would not do! Where in the world could he be racing off to? Letting her curiosity get the better of her, she quickly took to the sky and followed her old companion. Being a rather poor flyer, she knew she would not be able to catch up with right away, but she at least could see where he was going. As she got closer, she noticed he was speaking to an unicorn. "Wonder who that is? Maybe he's getting us another exciting job?", she thought to herself as the pony flew closer. It hadn't been that long since they finished the job for Prince Blueblood.

Not wanting to interrupt the two, she parked herself on the one single cloud she could find and just watched and listened..

(Fire Walker's Pic)

firewalkercomplete.png

Dunder smiled as the pony apologized, but he wanted to get off of the subject. No need for the unicorn to keep thinking about those memories that obviously bothered him. He was glad that he was introduced to the other pony that was standing by, a good way to change the subject.

Dunder looked at the other pony, an earth pony who had just been introduced to him. Dunder knew he couldn't act too shy now, "Hello! It's a pleasure to meet you, Oak." He said and shook the pony's hoof, making sure to keep eye contact and a solid hoof shake. But, when Swift let out the small yell, Dunder flinched a bit and looked over at him, now he was confused. He decided to save it for another time, he nodded at Swift, "Fine, we can leave...lead the way." He said before hearing some wing flaps behind him. He turned around to see a familiar tail and set of red hooves before they got on top of a cloud. He looked back at the others, "Wait here...." He said before launching into the air heading for the cloud.

He launched himself through the cloud and tackled Firewalker, getting her in a big hug that most likely had knocked the wind out of her. He rubbed his cheek against hers, "Hey, Fire!" He said happily.

"Who is this mare Young Master?" asked Oak Branch as Dudner flew off a small distance.

"I am as clueless as you Branch. Some acquaintance of Dunder apparently. Anyway..." Swift turned around now facing old pony. "You mentioned some problems at a new place...

"Oh Young Master I wish not to break this moment." butler dissmised the question. Squall in return glared at him with obvious disapproval - clear as bell even trought his non-transparent sunglasses. Old servant sighted "Very well Master Swift...if you insist." and proceeded to list all the problems, among them clogged chimney, leaking roof, floor in main hall eaten by mould and broken windows. Oh and he needed to buy more furniture (the smallest of the worries actually).

"That's all Branch? Or did hydra took nest in the garden? I ask for the sake of completion you know."

"Well, no Young Master. But it looks like it didn't seen gardener in at last 20 years. Truly, fragment of Everfree in the backyard."

"Great 10 km² of the jungle....I need to hire not one but platoon of gardeners then."

he rubbed his temple with his hoof and adjusted his shades and duster. It's gona be a loooong weekend.

"Waagh!", Fire Walker let out a surprised yelp as the Pegasus stallion had completely caught her off guard. Even without her armor, she was utterly useless when it came to being sneaky and with it on, she probably sounded like a drunken dragon. Dunder probably caught sight of the red trail she seemed to leave behind as she flew, or maybe it was her scent? A year or so ago, the stallion had gifted her a rather large bottle of cheap perfume, a 'Les Trucs Bon Marché' for her birthday. He remembered liking the bottle. And considering the size of said bottle, it probably would last her another ten years as long as she dabbled a little bit of it on her neck every day.

Deciding she would one-up him, the Pegasus wrapped her front legs around the stallion's back and planted a rather heavy kiss directly on his lips. While it had only been a few months since they last had spoken directly, the mare obviously missed him a good deal. Dunder also tasted a little bit of her 'Grilled Green Apple and Gruyere Sandwich' that she had just eaten. Another old friend they both shared was well known for serving said sandwich. "Oh nuts. Sorry!", she tried to pull away from her good friend, but quickly shifted her embrace into a more friendly hug. "What in the world are you doing back in Filly? I just had to run a few errands for Muggo' and the watch here. I saw you with that fella down there and was curious. Wasn't spying on you. " she added with a wink, "Didn't have anything planned for the rest of the day and I finished my yearly training early this time. Is that another hire like Blueblood or Fancy Pants? Not sure if Muggo' will be up for it though as he's been getting pretty close to that 'Apple' girl. Even made me run the pub for an hour yesterday after she dragged him into the backroom. For such a small pony, she's pretty strong."

"So, how's Dunder Bluss doing this fine afternoon?"

Dunder's eyes opened wide in surprised as she kissed him hard on the lips. He kept it there, he didn't want to pull away. She was his friend but it felt too good to pull away. After all, it tasted pretty good and she smelled rather nice. He also thought she looked pretty good. He didn't know why she kissed him, though. Was it because she liked him and she had to release all of her feelings at once? Or did she just try to give him a kiss on the cheek and she accidentally aimed to the side too much and caught his lips. Either way, he enjoyed it while it happened. When she pulled away and gave him the hug, he hugged her back tightly. While listening to her speak, he could tell that she was either embarrassed or nervous. He only wanted her to calm down. "Wow? Muggo' and his mare already getting to dragging eachother around?" He chuckled, "He's a big pony too. She has to be strong. Anyway, I am doing good... and my name is Dunder Blust, miss Firewalker." He said and gave her a warm smile. He started to hover back down to the others.

"Anyway, this isn't Blueblood...I don't think he'll get us a job, but maybe he will... you can ask. He's a good pony and you were always better with the Canterlot types." He said softly into her ear while he landed on the ground and pulled away from the hug. "Anyway, Fire, this is Swift Squall." He said to Fire Walker. "And Swift, this is Fire Walker." He said to Swift. "And we aren't dating, that kiss was..." He trialed off, not actually sure what it was.

"Hello Miss Fire. It's nice to meet you." Siwft said and bowed his head politely. "You are or were in REA aren't you? You walk and fly in such way..." he noticed. Then Swift turned his attention back to Dunder. "Dunder...you don't need to make excuses to me." male pegasi started to protest but unicorn rised his hoof "I did not said I don't belive you, acutally I do. But you on your own are responsible for your actions, I won't play chaperton."

"But I can" said Oak Branch grinning under his moustache (and Squall facehoofed).

"Anyway...I will go to my new home now. Renovation of the century awaits me. What about both of you? You can accompany me if you want and are into cleaning...But Dudner, it's getting late. If you don't fly now you will not get to Cloudsdale before dark.

"I don't think he's putting up much of a fight.", she said while desperately trying to hold back a blush, "She's a real special mare. Feisty, smart, tough as nails and quite the looker. The perfect girl for big ol' Muggo'. As for the kiss, "She lowered her eyes as they started to fly downwards, "Never did properly thank you for saving my flank during the whole 'Fancy Pants' job. And Blust? Really? I've been calling you Bluss all this time? Guess I owe you another kiss for later.", she continued to grin during the rest of the descent.

Once their hooves touched solid ground, the Pegasus quickly took her helm off, "I do apologize for the interruption sir.", she said as she bowed her head towards Swift, "And the name is Fire Walker, First Lieutenant Fire Walker, and yes, I am in the Royal Equestrian Army. Not hitting the pavement like I used to as a guard but I am always on call if needed to serve.", she grimaced as she remembered the first time she was 'called' for duty. She was spending quality time with a stallion she had met at Muggo's tavern, and out of nowhere, a floating, magical note just 'poofed' into existence and nailed her directly in the forehead, causing her to fall back on her rump. It also didn't help that the note was one of those 'self-reading' models that practically shouted its letters off, nor did it help that it was the voice of her father that was doing the shouting. While she enjoyed the missions she was sent on, her evening was ruined and she never saw the stallion again.

"I would be most honored to see your home.", she obviously did not hear the 'cleaning' part, "I absolutely adore the architecture in this city. It's not like the stone fortresses some of the homes in Canterlot are, or the cutsie-gingerbread doll houses like in Ponyville, just a nice bit in the middle." she threw her helm back on as they walked along the cobblestone walkways. She blinked when the unicorn mentioned 'Cloudsdale' and could only look back at the Pegasus as she was curious to what his response would be.

When Squall told him that maybe it was his time to go back to Cloudsdale, Dunder shook his head, "Nope, I'm here with about a day or two to spare to get to Cloudsdale. I can stay here a while." He said with a smile. "And I can help with renovations and cleaning, perhaps." He told the unicorn stallion before turning back to Fire.

Dunder wasn't going to make any more comments on Fire's kissing him. Maybe, like she said, she could give him another kiss. His cheeks turned red at the thought. He nuzzled her on the side of the neck, "Don't worry, that kiss was more than enough of a 'thank you' for saving your flank." He said. "And I don't remember, usually you just call me Dunder, but it is Blust." He said to the red pegasus mare with a smile as they trotted down the cobblestone road, the noises of their hooves on the stone under their voices. When he saw the glance from Fire, he returned it, "Ohh, yeah, I have my job to go to in a few days, I wouldn't worry about it. I have plenty of times to get back."

'By the way, how far is this house? And it can't be that run down. Just trim a few hedges and maybe dust a few bookshelves? Becuase a mansion can't be just abandoned...right?" He asked Swift, but something about the way he sounded earlier made Dunder feel uncertain about it all.

"Manor? North of the Northtown, I have some farmers for the neighborhoods. It's some distance so we will take droshky." Swift said and whistled for the one. They quickly boarded and after Oak Branch said the adress they moved.

"About the 'abadoning' thing...it was but only for three years and even that was unusual... unicorn said and pondered for the moment to recall the details...

"You see, last owener of the mansion was retired and senile battle mage....he was B rank I belive...and he did't took guests too kindly. He was also physically very weak due to his age but his combat magic remained sharp. He lived all on his own for 25 years or so...." Swift paused and took a look throught the window. "Everypony was so scared of him that there was no one to come and fix thing when they broke...Also, there was no way to arrest him for he didn't technicaly broke any regulations and at his age he would be let free anyway....not counting the fact that he could harm guards durning intervention...so they left him alone. So alone that until recently no one took notice that he passed away three years ago."

he finished and gave both pegasi a slight smile.

"So yes Dudner, it's that much run down. But I don't care....I would buy it even if everything but foundation would be rotten." unicorn paused and looked at the floor for the while.

" My family and Fillydelphia have a long history...." Swift said sure that he stoked their interest.

Fire Walker frowned as she heard the tale of the battle mage, "That is rather unusual.", she replied, "Even if he did not commit a crime, the Fillydelphia watch should have sent somepony over to help him as he might have been a danger to himself and others. And even if he were powerful, we at the R.E.A are trained in dealing with ponies or any other creatures who can use magic. We always do our jobs, even if there is a risk of danger to ourselves. It's just such a shame. Poor guy fell through the cracks. To die alone. What a horrible thing", she shook her head sadly, "My grandfather was a brilliant and strong stallion with a great big heart, but he was very old. And as they say, it just takes one fall to do it. He was helping my brother Sky on a project of his and got a little too carried away with it. When they were able to awaken him, his great mind was gone. Just a shell was left. But the ponies at the home were amazing. They made his last few years as comfortable as they could, and when he passed we were all there with him.", she looked over at Swift, "I just hope they sent a few mages that specialized in holy magic to this house of yours. I could not even begin to imagine what spiritual reside that could have been left. Loneliness, combined with madness and battle magic. Ho-boy.", she glanced over at Dunder with a pained and worried look on her face.

Swift was left quite struckt by the remark. He sat silent for the moment. Dying alone...Squall never pondered at the possibility.

He had a four different near death experiences and it mattered for him not how but what for. But if he would get the choice...?

Unicorn shaked his head to dismiss the tought "I did not thinked about that one. I will look into this to be sure they did" he said to reassure the mare. "Do not pity the dead, Fire Walker. Pity the living, and, above all those who unjustly suffer." Swift reminded her " But look...I appears we at our destination."

They moved out and Swift payed the transport ponies. They were before massive steel gate. The mansion was standing on the hill and even from such distance it was clear it was HUGE.

"Oak Branch....remind me, how previous owners called home of my ancestors?" unicorn asked.

"The Willow Villa Young Master." butler answered the question.

"Can't image why." replied Squall in deadpan tone. For indeed on both sides of the gate stood enormously big willows - like some ominous guardians.

"From this day onwards, this residence will again be known as the Squallcoast Manor!" unicorn announced. Swif Squall just could't resist doing something theatrical. And then he realised that quite possibly he give himself in! Both his mother and grandfather very famous sportponies and fencers - Hooflimpic Games medallists to boot! He was proud of them but wanted not to be perceived trough them!

"It looks like the road to the hill was completly taken by plant life isn't it?" he said quickly to change the subject as he opened the gate with his magic. True to be told - it was no distinction between the lawn and pathway. The grass was higher then the ponies! It reminded Squall his time in the Unyasi.

"It would be big pain to trott trough this." said the noble "Allow me" said Swift and he grabbed his scabbard and sword. He took a combat stance and pulled the bade slightly.

And then he slashed! Three strikes in three seconds - and he sheeted Yahom between each attack.

"Here you go." Swift stated complacent. Grass before them was all cutted down. From the gate to main door on the distance of 300 meters and 10 meters wide.

"What?" Squall asked confused, seeing bewildered faces of Fire and Dunder.

Dunder wasn't looking forward to renovating this place, by the sounds of it, it sounded like it would be easier to just start from scratch, but he wasn't going to tell Swift that. And all these sad stories were making him even feel more uncomfortable. A battlemage who died along and a brilliant doctor who died, and obviously left Fire heartbroken. When he saw her looking at him, with a defeated and sad look on her face, he just wrapped a wing around her tightly and kissed her cheek softly, "Don't worry about it...." He said and smiled.

That's when he looked back up at Swift, after he did some talking, the unicorn pulled out the longsword to slash and hack at the bushes. Dunder only concentrated on his sloppy form and bad stance, but he didn't say anything. Later, he would though, maybe if Fire wasn't around. But she was also a mare who knew how to fight pretty well.... Dunder trotted up to Swift, and kicked the back of one of his front legs, making him shift weight from his back to his front. Then kicked another leg to widen his stance. He looked him up and down before nodding, "There, that's a better stance." He said with a smile.

"That is most impressive!". The mare didn't even think about such silly things as 'stance' or 'form', as she usually cared more about results, and he was able to deliver! She wanted to say something else to the walking-weed-wacker, but was silenced when Dunder gave her another kiss. She really wanted to reply with another one of her own kisses, but this was starting to get a little awkward, "Let's continue this a little later.", she whispered while giving him a wink, "It's just a bit funny with your friend and his er..friend watching.", she ruffled up Dunder's mane a little with her one free hoof, "Forgot how much I love how you're so fuzzy!"

She cleared her throat and glanced at the house, "It's not uncommon for more than a few of the larger homes or estates to go unkempt for a bit, usually for an assortment of reasons. Even in Canterlot, we had an old grande home near where I grew up. Old pony named Silas Stingy used to live.", she shuddered, "Nasty old bugger. Everypony hated him. When he died, there was a big battle over his estate shortly after the 'bucket kicker' party was thrown. Guy didn't have any friends or living family and he had no will, but they still had legal issues. House fell nearly apart while it was all happening, but at least they kept the lawn looking nice.", she studied the grounds before looking back at Swift, "Nothing a small army of professionals couldn't fix up in a few months, but I would check the grounds and house out before it was gutted. Might find something interesting. Or it could just be haunted with a horrible and angry wizard-ghost."

Once they were ready to move on, she followed the two into the house, "So, what's the plan?"

"He's indeed sharp!" Swift tought in his head. Unicorn wasn't in the stance for more than 6 seconds and he picked up intentionally made errors almost immediately. Dunder was obviously very good...but it seemed that at the same time he holded on 'by the book' rules too much, restraining himself in the process. Squall would love to test this first hoof, by sparring with him but things like that must wait.

"Plan? Well let's see first in how bad state my house is. Today is too late for anything else anyway. I will not ask you to help with cleaning, just few errands. I already have the map prepared with various renovation firms marked on it. I prepared it still in Stalliongrad...just in case." unicorn explained. He troted forward and putted hoof on the door-handle.

"And ghosts? Silly, ghost doesn't exist. Sure there are some forces that we can not explain for now...

But ghosts? That's just riddi....." his voice broke-down when the door opened. Swift took a deep breath.

"Those who dare fate,should know that it's sword fall with none the warning." he quoted ancient play.

For main hall didn't looked derelict like they would expect, opposite in fact.

"Young Master...residence didn't looked like this when I was here! Isn't it...?" butlers voice was shaking.

"It is...and it's not me. I wouldn't be able to pull something like this anyway." Swift said with seriousness on his face. He stood there, silent for the moment.

"Ghost or not, this mansion belonged to my ancestos and it now belongs to me. I will not be afraid of some illusions." unicorn announced boldly and entered the mansion first.