[Ponyville] Class Is In Session (Open to Ponyville Fillies and Colts)

SteelEagle

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were always working to the hoof trying to earn their cutie marks and passing up a chance at earning one was not even within the realm of possibility. As sweetie Belle launched into a nearly incomprehensible collection of words and exultations in regards as to why she was only just on time as opposed to early like most of the rest, all Apple Bloom could get out of it was that she was trying to earn her cutie mark via cooking and had failed. That was just another day as far as Apple Bloom was concerned, so why all the fuss? Even if she had been late, which she wasn't, attempting to get a cutie mark was a perfectly valid reason. Or at least that's why Apple Bloom thought; Cheerilee's thoughts on the matter were not likely to be as forgiving.

Sweetie then made her way to sit down, plopping down on little Twilight Shine for a slight moment before she hopped back off and took a seat next to Scootlaoo, whispering none too softly over to her fellow Crusaders. It was a silly thing to do, seeing as nopony else was talking so everypony could hear. At least it explained why Apple Bloom had found herself alone and cut off from both of her fellow Crusaders the previous day. Obviously they'd have to make up for it- and soon. Probably today. Or tonight. Sleepover? She saw no flaws with that idea and immediately committed to it mentally before doing any further thinking on the matter. It was the best idea she had so far that day and that was saying alot, seeing as she had been able to get a Zap Apple jelly sandwich for breakfast

She leaned over Scootaloo, for some reason engaging in the same silliness as Sweetie Belle, and she took a none-too-sneaky peek at Scootaloo's report. Or was it a blank page? Blank page report about a book written about Rainbow Dash? Apple Bloom turned away from Sweetie Belle as her head stuck in position between Scootaloo and the report she was writing. It was likely not very conducive to the writing process, but she was simply stunned. Had her friend completely forgot about the book report? Forgot about the book report! Oh sweet Oaks and Apples, she was going to be in a whole mess of trouble unless...

Apple Bloom's head turned back to Sweetie in a flash.

"Ah'll hafta go up first, then ya go so we can git Scootaloo tha time she needs, alright Sweetie Belle?" Apple Bloom strained her whisper so as to not be heard in a room that was preternaturally quiet considering that it was full of foals. She pulled back just in time to be alarmed by Silver Spoon's elbow in her side, which was quickly followed up by a present on her desk. That was awfully nice of her, seeing as how she had had never given Apple Bloom so much as a kind glance before what had happened in the woods. Who knows, maybe she was going to have a change of heart! Apple Bloom smiled wide, forgetting about Operation: Save Scootaloo From Herself for a brief moment.

"Thank ya, Silver Spoon! It looks like a mighty fine gift ya got me. What is it?" Apple Bloom said politely, shaking the gift excitedly. A second later, another pony entered, this one a glasses wearing pegasus with an orange bow in her hair. Orange! What a travesty. Apple Bloom's first thought when she saw the new filly was that they'd need to get together and solve that orange bow problem with the proper application of a nice, bright, RED bow. Her mind refocused on what was happening around her and she jumped at the opportunity.

"Hay Miss Cheerilee, why don't Ah go, then maybe if we have any vol-un-tears they go, an' then we meet all these new ponies!" She offered up with an excited grin, taking her little book report in hoof and giving Miss Cheerilee the best imitation of a bright eyed and bushy tailed student possible.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light couldn't help but giggle as Sweetie Belle dashed into the schoolhouse spouting something about breakfast and oil and a snake. She always had that quirky part of her which added to her cuteness.

Guiding Light then looked quizzically towards Twilight Shine as she mentioned that Scootaloo should make a club for ponies to find their cutie marks. Everypony in Ponyville knew about the Cutie Mark Crusaders. It was hard not to miss their makeshift moblie with the three fillies aboard zooming here and there in town. She must be new to not know that.

Light also noticed some strange. Apparantly Silver Spoon had given Apple Bloom a box. The colt wondered why as from what he knew Silver Spoon was friends with Diamond Tiara, and Diamond Tiara certainly did not like Apple Bloom.

The unicorn breathed a sigh of relief when Apple Bloom did go first for the presentation. This gave him time to gather his courage. "Why am I so nervous over a silly book report," Light muttered, "Why am I nervous in gerneral? No wonder why Apple Bloom doesn't want to be my special somepony."

With a sigh directed towards his inadequecies, he decided to read over his report for accuracy before Apple Bloom began her presentation. Hopefully by the time the filly finished, he'd be ready to go should he be called on by Cheerilee.

Haywire was also relieved to see somepony else volunteering to give their book report. Glancing up at the clock, the rust colored blank flank filly began to visibly sweat as she thought to herself:

"C'mon clock! MOVE FASTER dang nabbit! Save me from a fate worst than havin' to do my chores or take a bath!"

Haywire began to look around the room and spotted many of her classmates who seemed to be quite eager to give their book reports. Even Snails with that goofy grin of his seemed to be more prepared to give an oral report than she was. Now the blonde blue bowed filly started to sit back in her chair and relax. Looks like she was safe for today, thank goodness!

Snails went wide-eyed at Sweetie Bell's explanation for why she was (almost) late.

He leaned toward Sweetie Bell as close as he could aim himself and whispered "Uhh Sweetie Bell, kin ya teach me how ta make that..." He closed his eyes and concentrated hard on saying what Sweetie Bell had said or a reasonable facsimilie "..oatmeal fasplodin' b-boolay flamesplosion" stuff? A big black snake a' fire sounds AWESOME fer a magic act!"

Snails gave a panicked look toward Cheerilee nearby, realizing she might put a stop to the plan "...Only if used in teeny tiny amounts, of course..."

He sheepishly smiled at Cheerilee and raised a hoof to hopefully deflect any fallout from asking about flaming breakfasts in class "Ah guess ah can go an' give my report after Apple Bloom, iffn' ya want, Miz Cherrilee ma'am...."

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

"*snort* Wha-?" came a most undignified noise from near the back of the classroom. Diamond Tiara had made it in early, much like several of the other fillies and colts. However, Diamond had stayed up very late last night. Not doing her book report, that was already done; her father always insisted that she do her homework as soon as she got it. No, she had been pouring through fashion magazines all night. Her birthday was coming up and she wanted to find a nice new dress to buy with her birthday money. The end result was that she didn't get much sleep. And then her dad had woken her up early to take the trash out! How totally not cool! They had a maid for that stuff after all. Apparantly she was on vacation. Who said the maid could have a vacation? How selfish of her!

And so, Diamond had gotten into class early and napped at her desk. When Cheerilee walked in, Diamond Tiara's natural "teacher senses" (the ones that all successful bullies have) kicked in and woke her up. She peeled her face off her desk and quickly wiped away the drool from her mouth.

Luckily for Silver Spoon, Diamond was still wiping the gunk from her eyes when the grey filly gave her present to Apple Bloom. If Diamond had seen that, there would have been words. Since she didn't, she simply greeted her BFF with a simple "Morning Silver Spoon. *yawn* Your dad put you to work this morning too? So not cool."

SilverSpoonBanner.png

SilverSpoon Didn’t have time to respond to AppleBloom and quickly spun away from the countrypony and offered her BPFF(BestPonyFriendForever) a understanding smile “I like KNOW isn’t it like just the WORST thing ever? That is like what the help is for” Silver Spoon Hadn’t minded in the slightest but it was best if Diamond Tiara DIDN’T know that “You’v been here already?” She asked putting a hoof on her best friend’s shoulder “I will like make this up to you, SugarCubeCornor after School my treat?” She offered…Not wanting to deal with a crabby Tiara.

Inside the white box was SilverSpoon’s Thank you present from AppleBloom helping her in the woods, it was three hairpins, all shaped like the CutieMark Crusaders Logo made out of gold, with bright sapphire stones as the eyes, the cape billowing behind the figure was a glittering gold color…there was one for her, SweetieBelle and Scootaloo. SilverSpoon figured the best way to thank AppleBloom would be to do something with her own hooves and that’s what she thought up…now hopefully AppleBloom wouldn’t like hug her or anything until after class…away from DT… Otherwise there would be /Words/

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip adjusted that orange hairbow of hers and again adjusted her glasses, taking the time to carefully get her things out of her saddlebag and organized neatly into her desk. Back home Momma always insisted everything was neat in it’s place and RoseHip tried to live by that! Very excited for her first day…now let’s look around the room…There was a snobby bossy Pink pony talking to the Silver pony that RoseHip had followed inside the class room, there was a pail yellow pony with a pink bow in her hair, a nearly white pony with curly light and dark purple swirls… a few others… and ofcourse there was Miss Cheerilee in all her Pink maned glory.

A grin spread across Rose’s lips as she got comfortable, she had a feeling she was going to LIKE it here…She was relatively close to AppleBloom and grinned leaning close to her ear so that Abby could hear her “I like your bow” She said quietly.

Whenever Cheerilee started the school day, a foal or two would always trickle in late. Nopony in her class was chronically truant, but it was still frustrating. What's more, there was a new student that hadn't been in Cheerilee's paperwork for today - She didn't think Rosehip had been starting till next week!

"Silver Spoon, Rosehip, please take your seats and I will have to talk to you each after class." It looked like she had two helpers with cleanup after school. "Thank you, Applebloom, Snails, I think we'll have the new students each come up first to introduce themselves. Twilight Shine, why don't you come up and tell us a little about yourself? Then Neon, then Rosehip can come on up. Now remember, class, be sure to make each of our new classmates feel welcome and show that Ponyville is the friendliest place in Equestria!" Cheerilee gave a bright, warm smile, hoping to make the newcomers feel a little more at ease.

Twilight was thinking about things, such as what books she would read when she got home, what the name of the club she mentioned to Scootaloo would be called. And, because she's been told she was so intelligent, how this class would be in the b-

"Twilight Shine, why don't you come up and tell us a little about yourself?

-last radius of disaster. Twilight panicked. What would she say? What would they think of her? Would they mock her? Would anypony even care about her life? Twilight's hooves shook as if there was an earthquake. She was hardly able to keep her balance as she slowly and nervously walked up to Ms. Cheerilee's desk, and then turned to face everypony. "U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-Ummmm..... I-I-I-I-I-I...." was all Twilight could say. She looked at Ms. Cheerilee nervously, her entire body shaking now. Her nervousness was very evident, and she could hardly open her mouth to say anything.

(Credit to anyone who gets the reference I made in my post. :P)

Cheerilee watched with some concern as the first new student started panicking when simply asked to introduce herself. Fortunately, Cheerilee did have some experience in this, and hoped a friendly smiling face and a little coaching would help, "Twilight Shine recently transferred here from Fillydelphia, and this is her first day in our school, so be sure to make her feel welcome."

Cheerilee turned back to the nervous blue filly and smiled warmly, "why don't you tell us a little about your family." The mauve colored schoolteacher leaned in a little closer, "It's all right, just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and pretend the room is empty, or if you like, if you are just back at home, talking in your room." She figured the little filly jus needed to know somepony was there for her in class.

((OOC Note- Cheerilee is going to ask Neon Scratch and then Rosehip to each come up and introduce themselves once Twilight is done. Then she'll ask for those oral bookreports, whether the foal is ready or not (take the report in any silly, embarrassing, or funny way you wish, this is why I made it open ended). She will start with Applebloom and then Snails, since they volunteered, afterwards she still picking, whether you be ready or not ;-) Of course feel free to talk to each other and react to the situation as things unfold. :) ))

Haywire's mind began to wander (since daydreaming in class was one of her favorite pasttimes) but the rust colored filly was suddenly brought to reality when she saw her nervous new classmate in the front of the room. The usually prank loving blonde blank flank didn't feel like laughing at Twilight Shine. She felt a different sort of feeling in her gut: compassion.

"Poor Twilight Shine," Haywire thought, "I remember how rough it was fer me on my first day in class. Gotta think of a way to git her out of her shell and feelin' less scared in front of everypony. HAY! I got a great idear!"

Haywire was seated directly behind Diamond Tiara and from where Twilight Shine was standing, the light purple filly was looking direcly as her. Quickly creating a set of 'rabbit ears' out of a sheet of paper, Haywire reached over her desk and held them up behind the head of her annoying classmate. Hopefully, so Haywire thought, when Twilight Shine spotted the 'rabbit earred' Diamond Tiara it would 'break the ice' so the new filly could feel more at ease.

Guiding Light saw Twilight trying to introduce herself to the class. It was painfully obvious that she was shy, and he knew that exact feeling when he had to give a presentation in class. He wasn't a fan of giving presentations with all those eyes staring at him. He smiled at her as she tried to giver her speech, hoping that it would put herself at ease.

Haywire's mind began to wander (since daydreaming in class was one of her favorite pasttimes) but the rust colored filly was suddenly brought to reality when she saw her nervous new classmate in the front of the room. The usually prank loving blonde blank flank didn't feel like laughing at Twilight Shine. She felt a different sort of feeling in her gut: compassion.

"Poor Twilight Shine," Haywire thought, "I remember how rough it was fer me on my first day in class. Gotta think of a way to git her out of her shell and feelin' less scared in front of everypony. HAY! I got a great idear!"

Haywire was seated directly behind Diamond Tiara and from where Twilight Shine was standing, the light purple filly was looking direcly as her. Quickly creating a set of 'rabbit ears' out of a sheet of paper, Haywire reached over her desk and held them up behind the head of her annoying classmate. Hopefully, so Haywire thought, when Twilight Shine spotted the 'rabbit earred' Diamond Tiara it would 'break the ice' so the new filly could feel more at ease.

Twilight giggled, and started to feel more calm. She took a deep breath, and tried to make a proper introduction. "Um.... M-My name is T-Twilight Shine..." She started before mentally facehoofing. Ms. Cheerilee had already said that. "U-Um.... M-My dad works as an explorer, and my mom works as an astronomy teacher." Twilight said, not sure what else she could say.

Students like to believe the teacher doesn't notice what happened in their own classroom. While a teacher couldn't possibly see everything, Cheerilee knew a teacher had to work to maintain the illusion that they somehow could. While most of her attention was focused on Twilight Shine, Cheerilee kept an eye on the rest of the class, too. She didn't want any of her foals doing something to make poor Twilight feel any more unwelcome! She didn't say anything at Haywire's shenanigans - just gave her an unapproving glare. No matter what the reason, doing anything at the expense of another student was quite unacceptable.

That disapproving glare disappeared instantly as Cheerilee turned back to Twilight Shine. "That sounds pretty interesting! I bet your sire tells you all sorts of wonderful tales and brings home all sorts of fascinating artifacts! We do have show and tell times here, so hopefully you can show us some of the neat findings your sire brings back!" She hoped that made the little blue filly feel a bit more at ease. "Perhaps maybe we can even have your dam come in and talk about the stars at our next Family Appreciation Day. Thank you, Twilight Shine, you may take your seat if you like now."

Cheerilee looked around the room briefly and spotted the next new member of her class, a white pegasus filly with a rose colored mane, RoseHip. Cheerilee gave a big welcoming smile, "RoseHip, why don't you come up and tell us a little about yourself."

fber10.jpg

Scootaloo was frantic, praying to Celestia that Cheerilee didn't notice her working on her essay in class. While her hoof-scrawl was practically illegible, she knew that she would be able to read it easily. Hopefully Cheerilee could let her use notes...

"Rainbow Dash says everything is a contest, and that's the life I want to live by. I'm really good at winning things. Rainbow Dash is the coolest pony in Ponyville, tough, awesome, and fast as the wind. Of course a book had to be written about such an awesome pony, and I found it in Twilight's library. It's called "Rainbow Dash: An Autobiography". You may not think that Rainbow Dash writes, but she is more of an egghead than you'd think, except she's not because she's too cool for that."

Scootaloo read her essay back to herself, in her head and whispered under her breath. It sounded accurate enough, hopefully Cheerilee would buy it. For now, there was more writing to be done.

As Snips settled down into his seat, his bags hit the ground with a large THUMP. For a moment, he couldn't remember why the bags were so heavy this morning, until Miss Cheerilee mentioned the book reports. Snips panicked a bit at that. Not because he hadn't done the work; he had the report done, and had even brought the book with him. It was just that the one day he wanted to avoid notice due to his buzzed mane, he'd have to get up in front of the class. The panic faded though, when he remembered the time when he'd had to shave his and Snails' coats to get the gum out. That was much worse than a buzz cut.

When Sweetie Belle came running in, talking about flaming oatmeal and fireponies, Snips could only wince in sympathy. As the filly moved to her seat, Snips told her "Don't worry Sweetie Bell, at least you didn't get lectured by the fireponies for setting off fireworks in the house... twice..." He grumbled a little at the memory. The second time hadn't even been his fault, really, and they hadn't used that table much anyway...

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

"I will like make this up to you, SugarCube Corner after School my treat?"

"Sounds good Silver." replied Diamond. "I really need some sugar right now." The young pony considered diving into her bag to retrive the candy bar from her lunch box, but thought better of it; there was no way should could eat it while Cheerilee was in the room. That pony had eyes like a hawk when she was in her classroom.

As Twilight did her introduction to the class, Diamond eyed her carefully. You never knew when a new addition to the class might turn out to be cool and popular, and it was always wise to make friends with those kinds of ponies. But after only a few moments it was clear that this filly wouldn't be making too many friends soon. She looked like she was scared of her own shadow! Plus she was a blank flank, so clearly she was better suited to hanging out with The Cutie Mark Failures.

And she was prepared to leave it at that... but then she saw Twilight look up at her head and... she giggled! She totally did! That filly was laughing at my tiara! she thought, never noticing Haywire's little joke. She glared daggers at Twilight, who was now Diamond's new target for the rest of the day.

Nopony laughs at Diamond's tiara and gets away with it!

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

"I will like make this up to you, SugarCube Corner after School my treat?"

"Sounds good Silver." replied Diamond. "I really need some sugar right now." The young pony considered diving into her bag to retrive the candy bar from her lunch box, but thought better of it; there was no way should could eat it while Cheerilee was in the room. That pony had eyes like a hawk when she was in her classroom.

As Twilight did her introduction to the class, Diamond eyed her carefully. You never knew when a new addition to the class might turn out to be cool and popular, and it was always wise to make friends with those kinds of ponies. But after only a few moments it was clear that this filly wouldn't be making too many friends soon. She looked like she was scared of her own shadow! Plus she was a blank flank, so clearly she was better suited to hanging out with The Cutie Mark Failures.

And she was prepared to leave it at that... but then she saw Twilight look up at her head and... she giggled! She totally did! That filly was laughing at my tiara! she thought, never noticing Haywire's little joke. She glared daggers at Twilight, who was now Diamond's new target for the rest of the day.

Nopony laughs at Diamond's tiara and gets away with it!

Twilight was looking around happily when she saw a filly staring her down with ice-cold eyes. Twilight eyed her tiara and smiled. Oh, I really like her tiara! Twilight thought. I wonder where she got it? She considering going over there, but then the filly's stare got more intense, so Twilight got nervous, and sunk down in her seat. I-I just wanted to tell her her tiara is pretty... Twilight thought sadly. She turned her attention to the front, waiting for Neon Scratch to give his introduction.

Haywire was happy her little 'rabbit ears' trick made Twilight Shine feel more at ease. Even from behind, the rust colored filly noticed the anger of Diamond Tiara.

"Nuts and shoes!" the blonde blank flank thought to herself, "didn't figger old prissy pants'd git mad like that! Betacha she's gonna go after Twilight Shine fer this! Well, I got'r into this mess, I gotta git her out of it. If'n I kin, that is."

Haywire instantly dropped the two paper 'rabbit ears' so they gently fell on Diamond Tiara's head before floating down on the front of her desk. Haywire then leaned in a little closer to whisper in the bejeweled filly's ear.

"I'm the one that made the new girl laugh at ya. If'n ya wanna git even, take it out on me, Madam Snooty."

Haywire hoped her confession would take the 'heat' off of her new friend.

Sweetie blanched a bit as ponies murmured to each other, and Miss Cheerilee talked about ... an oral report?! She had her book report all finished, of course, but she didn't remember anything about having to talk in front of the whole class about it!

She squeeked softly, and murmured to Apple Bloom, "I ... I guess?" She swallowed the lump in her throat again. She didn't want to be the center of attention! She was all right putting on a presentation as long as she could stay in the background, but to be the center of attention!

Like it seemed she was for at least the nearest foals... Snips and Snails both leaning over and commenting on this morning's escapades. She wasn't sure what was so special about cooking breakfast that would get Snails interested ... it wasn't all *that* unusual a morning, except that the fireponies ruined breakfast by dumping water all over it! "Well, not *this* morning," she whispered to Snips, but tried being real quiet cause she was trying to pay attention to the new foals! She just put her head down on her desk and stared up at the front, trying to calm herself and remember everything her Big Sister Rarity had ever told her about being in the public eye...

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Twilight Shine seemed like so many other new ponies Apple Bloom had the pleasure of meeting. They were almost always shy, as if their lives had been led around in the corners of a cardboard box. That changed with time as they started socializing and learning that the truest and most important lessons of all in school had almost nothing to do with lesson plans but instead were to be found amongst peers and during recess. As Twilight went back to her seat, Apple Bloom clopped her hooves together in approval as she sought to give the filly any confidence she personally lacked thrice-fold through adoration. It was the nice thing to do and she was nothing if not a nice pony.

Apple Bloom also took note of Sweetie Belle's seeming reluctance to go all in with her so they could save Scootaloo from embarrassment. She was willing to hazard a guess that it wasn't at all due to her being willing to let Scootaloo face her punishment for not doing what she had been told to, but that constant and almost pervasive sensibility of hers that stopped her from being excited when she was set out in front of the others to speak. She had such a pretty voice but was so unsure of it that it almost made Apple Bloom angry. Why, if she had a voice half as pretty as Sweetie Belle's, she'd never stop talking! Of course she didn't stop talking anyway, so she was willing to just nod and allow Sweetie to summon her courage as Cheerilee called out for the next student.

She didn't stand and respond immediately, which wasn't good enough for Apple Bloom.

"Hey Rosehip, Miss Cheerilee said get on up thar so ya can introduce yerself. Don't be a chikin'! Be a badger!"

At least somepony spoke.

As Twilight took her seat, Guiding light leaned over and said," Good job."

Being a shy pony, he knew how bad it was to speak in front of others. But happily Twilight was able to ease through the task. Some ponies were so shy that they'd curl up in a little trembling ball when being asked to speak in public.

Light noticed that Apple Blom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo looked like they were planning something. Light believed it was another of their Crusading missions. The three were always going around Ponyville doing things to try and get their marks. This made talking to them a problem. Of couse whether or not Scootaloo or Sweetie Belle wanted to talk to him was another matter.

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

"I'm the one that made the new girl laugh at ya. If'n ya wanna git even, take it out on me, Madam Snooty."

Diamond Tiara was a little surprised at this; not only did this pony somehow figure out what she was planning from the back of her head, but she was actually offering to take the heat for the other filly. Perhaps they were friends? Diamond frowned at this. Somehow picking on a pony who was asking for it wasn't quite as satisfying. Still, she was asking for it.

Diamond turned her head slightly so that she could get a good look at the filly. Ugh, look at her. A dumb looking pony with a bow. It's like Apple Bloom mark II. "Don't worry," she whispered back, a nasty smirk on her face. "I'm sure I can make time for both of you." And with that she turned back to the front of the class. She wondered if the filly would have the guts to try anything while Cheerilee was in the room. Probably not.

SilverSpoonBanner.png

SilverSpoon groaned as she heard Cheerilee ask to see her and the new pony after school! That totally whomps! She rubbed her face with her hooves and sighed “Yes Miss Cheerilee..” She said before snickering as Shine epicly bombed her intro and whispered to Diamond Tiara “Twilight SHINE? More like Twilight WHINE” She snickered covering her mouth with her hoof, she had promised to be nicer to AppleBloom and her friends, not the new fillies, and now it was the new nerdy looking filly with the bow’s turn, this should be fun… “Ooh another loser that wears a bow” She added to Diamond Tiara, in a whisper so they wouldn’t get in trouble.

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip perked hearing her name get called, and she grinned ear to ear, this made up for being asked to stay after class! By like a whole lot! Springing from her desk she went up to the class and squared her shoulders , “Greetings EveryPony!” She exclaimed, moving a hoof to push her green glasses up, the smile on her face clear up to her eyes “My name is RoseHip” She moved her flank so the cutie mark on it was visible “I was named after the plant that helped my Momma feel better when she was sick! And cause of that I am going to one day be the best herbologist pony EVER!” She practically jumped when she said that, orange bow wibbling “I am currently my cousin QuickLimes apprentice at her shop an I’m real good at it too! I can’t wait to get to know you all! I reckon we’ll all be the best of friends!” She forgot for a moment that she was supposed to mention her parents before the lightbulb went off “Oh right! Both my Ma and my Pa sell things! Their traveling sales ponies and go ALLLL over Equestria! I used to travel with em too so I’v been lots of places, any Questions afore I sit my butt down?” She asked tilting her head.

As Cheerilee watched Twilight Shine take her seat and Rosehip approach the front of the class she noticed the small bit of mischief in the back where Haywire had gotten a bit more disruptive. "Haywire, could you please return to your seat. I would like not to have you stay after class… Again". Cheerilee sighed, it wasn't that bad, just annoying. She knew Haywire just thought she was being funny and didn't mean any harm, but Cheerilee just wished the red filly wasn't so prone to mischief all the time.

Fortunately, Rosehip was far more comfortable speaking in front of the class than Twilight Shine was; the white pegasus filly took to speaking as if she was born to do so, proudly and enthusiastically telling about herself. Cheerilee had never been to the local herbalist shop, and now she had an excuse to go - it was important to establish relationships with the parents and caretakers of her students. "Thank you, Rosehip! Sounds like you really discovered your true calling! " Cheerilee smiled to her students, "any questions for Rosehip before we start the book reports?"

fber10.jpg

Scootaloo's heart was racing, and she could hear it pounding in her ears. This book report was going to be perfect. PERFECT. Well, not quite that. But she could at least attempt to make it "cool". And cool it was, so far. There was of course one problem, Scootaloo was beginning to have trouble reading her own rushed handwriting. After the words in her head faded, she forgot exactly what she had written. And it looked absolutely terrible, especially since it was coated in spelling errors. Scootaloo felt too rushed to think about her spellings, and she decided against going back to fix them. Nobody was going to read this, after all, they just wanted her to say it in front of the class.

"Rainbow Dash says everthig is a contst, and thats the life I want to live by. I'm realy gud at wining thins. Rainbow Dash is the culest pony in Ponyvile, tuff, awsum, and fast as the wind. Of corse a book had to be writn about such an awsum pony, and I found it in Twilit's libary. Its cald "Rainbow Dash: An Awtobiografie". You may not think that Rainbow Dash writes, but shes more of an egg-hed than youd think, eksept shes not because shes too cul 4 that.

Thru Rainbows biografy i learnd that ther ar 2 mane elemnts 2 bein Rainbow Dash: culness and awsomnes. Rainbow Dash is very loyl, and will do aniething 4 her frends. Just like me and Sweetie Bel and Apl Blum! Their gud frends. I think Im a gud frend."

Scootaloo was getting despnate. She barely had anything written, and she could hardly even read it! She had to PROVE to Cheerilee that she could do this, and that she ABSOLUTELY DID NOT procrastinate, have a lazy day, then forget about it! Scootaloo wasn't like that! She wasn't lazy in the SLIGHTEST!

"SEE? ISNT THAT A GUD ROL MODL? And thats y i want 2 b Rainbow Dash. Bcuz shes such a gud rol modl! Shes savd the town from all kinds of bad stuf. And thats y i want 2 be just like her, and that buk was realy gud. THE END."

Scootaloo stared miserably at the paper in front of her. Hopefully she could pull this book report off...

Archived