[Ponyville] Class Is In Session (Open to Ponyville Fillies and Colts)

SteelEagle

SilverSpoonBanner.png

Silver Spoon was ignoring the chaos, when she felt something walking in her mane, her body freezing up solid for a moment, taking several deep breaths through her nose, telling herself this was no reason to panic! This was NOT being in the woods, alone, in the dark , covered in mud, sore and hungry! This was not being chased in a cave by a massive bear, THIS WAS NOT DEALING WITH A CRUSH ON A GANGLY COLT!

This was a spider.

Granted it was a HUGE Spider, but it was just a spider none the less, so SilverSpoon moved to gingerly pluck it off of her Mane with a hoof, a stony look on her face as she reached into her lunch box, taking out the glass parmisean cheese shaker with the holes on top of it she had brought for her lunch, she slowly dumped the cheese out on the corner of her desk on a piece of paper, before popping the Spider into the glass container and screwed the lid on.

Once the Spider was safely contained she took another breath and got up, walking RIGHT up to Snails and sat the Spider in front of him.

“Like LOOK Snails! Visual aid for like your report” She said and grinned, moving to go sit back down still calm.

OH MY GOD SHE HAD TOUCHED A SPIDER ASDFDAHFDSHH! She would freak out about this later…ya know privately.

RoseHipBanner.jpg

After some debate RoseHip scrapped her paper on Harry Trotter, and instead started writing her report on her favorite book.

“Charlottes Web”

It was about a Spider that saved a beloved pig from being sold to a farm very very far away from his home! The book was her favorite because it was about sacrifice and love, and ofcourse undying friendship, it was perfect for her report! In fact she was so intently writing it she didn’t notice the chaos around her in the slightest! Eyes on the page, nose to the grindstone! Her pencil went ‘scrape scrape!” and her hoof on the floor went TAPPITY TAPPITY!

And her thoughts went WHIR WHIR WHIR! This was going to be an amazing report! Nothing right now was more important than this report!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8nMQp.png

Again! Late again! And no excuses this time. Galloping was all she could do at this point. How did it come to this? It didn't really matter, of course. Although she didn't have to fear too harsh of a punishment from Miss Cheerilee, but, more then anything else, her teacher had a way about her that made you not wanting to disappoint her. At least that's how Nursery felt.

It was one of those rare moments when her volunteer work took its toll. It was very unlike her, actually. After all, a lot about being a nurse was about responsibility. To that end, the earth pony filly was usually pretty good about balancing school and her calling. This time however, everything has gone haywire.

It had all started last week, with several new patients arriving in the hospital. There had been a multiple cart accident, and there had been a couple of injuries. Nothing big, nothing really dangerous. Mostly broken cartwheels and a torn harness. However, with big accidents like this, they always kept the patients for a few day, to make sure that there were no internal injuries that weren't initially visible. And that's where "nurse" Rhyme came into play, because keeping ponies company was one of the nurse duties she could actually do.

So she had been spending a little more time in the hospital then she usually did. It had cut a little into her free time, but she didn't mind that so much. She still learned so much every day she spend there. Not to mention, she loved meeting new ponies, and there were plenty at the moment. However, her head full with all those exciting, new developments, she had completely forgotten to write her book report. And it was due to tomorrow, no less. So she had worked late, writing about a book she was already intimately familiar with.

The cream-colored filly accelerated as the school house came into full view, and she knew she was only seconds away from reaching the door. She wasn't exactly sure how late she was, but that didn't mean she had any time to loose.

---

The classroom's door flung open, and in it stood a very flustered looking Nursery Rhyme. Her mane was a mess, though that was barely noticeable, but her cheeks were reddened from the exhaustion, and you could tell that she should have spend more time fastening the straps of her saddle bags, since they were wobbled at her sides even as she stood there in the door. After a few agonizing seconds of catching her breath, she began: "S-sorry.... I'm late... I overslept... sorry." She held her head low as she spoke, still taking deep breaths between words. "B..but I have my book report right..." And at that point she realized that she was holding up the class even more by standing there, and just ended on "...here." and took her place in the mid row.

Many new faces around her. But she couldn't concern herself with that right now. Instead, she placed her saddlebag next to her table, and pulled out her notes and papers, and her fortunately finished book report.

Haywire had began to yawn a bit when Nursery Rhyme entered the room. Here was a filly that the rust colored blank flank truly admired! Working long hours at the hospital while performing as a top student in class was no easy feat, and Haywire had a deep respect for the young nurse pony. Seeing how exhausted she was, Haywire quickly slipped a bottle of water on her desk.

"I think you need this," she whispered as she slipped back into her seat. At that moment, somepony else entered the classroom, some pony she didn't expect to see today.

S02E16_UUS1.png

"Please pardon the interruption, Miss Cheerilee," Doctor Stable said to the teacher mare, "I am responsible for Nursery Rhyme's tardiness. I asked her to stop by the hospital this morning to help with one of our more, how shall I say this, LIVELIER patients and it took longer than I anticipated. My apologies to you and your class, ma'am and..."

Suddenly, the light brown unicorn's ears perked up when he heard loud barking outside.

"How in Eqestria does she keep managing to escape? I must be going now, pardon me," Doctor Stable said sternly as he raced back outside and could be heard shouting from a distance: "YOU! GET BACK TO THE HOSPITAL!"

More barking could be heard as the unicorn gave chase to the barking mare.

(Doctor Stable exits)

Snails gave a goofy grin as suddenly he got a few questions, starting with Sweetie Belle.

The orangy unicorn foal flipped open another page "Eyup, Ladybugs eat tiny bugs like Aphids, that suck on plants like they was vamponies and make th' plants sick. Prayin' Mantises do the same good job eatin' bad bugs"

He showed the pages off and then flipped to butterlfies to answer both Sweetie Belle and Applebloom "Butterflys are kinda good an' bad at th' same time, they pollinate flowers but the caterpillar eggs they leave cause all sorts a trouble, like Apple Bloom just said."

The foal then looked over at Haywire and scrunched up his face in thought for a moment "Ah've studied Monarch butterflys before and let them go near Fluttershy's place. Th' biggest had a wingspan as big as yer face and were very nice. They have ta migrate South in th' fall, so's ah guess they live long enough ta be a pet if ya can talk one inta stayin in a nice warm house fer th' winter. y'might wanna see if any are stayin' with Fluttershy, Haywire."

Suddenly Guiding Light pointed out a great big fuzzy spider, and snails looked at it, then flipped through the book "ummmm, jus' a second, ah got this..."

While he was flipping through the book, Scootaloo ran up and held it high "Um thanks Scoots! Thats a great view! Ah found it in th' book now!"

Suddenly it was tossed in the air after a scream that hurt even Snails' ears and ended up in Silver Spoon's mane.

Snails readied for a scream from Silver Spoon, calling out "It's a safe spider everpony!" but watched in awe as Silver Spoon forced herself into a state of calm, caged the spider and brought it up front -right to him.

He was amazed she was doing this, even with a faint twitch visible here and there on her face.

Snails blushed and bounced on his hooves once "That was totally awesome Silver Spoon! Thanks fer th' help!"

He held the book up to the right page for the class "This here is a Timberwood Tarantula. It eats lotsa bad bugs, but cant hurt a foal!"

he looked to Silver Spoon "Ah'll get yer shaker back ta ya after class, eh? Ah'll let it go at recess."

Just then, Nursery Rhyme trotted in and got set up in her seat. He didnt even think she had seen the big hairy spider beside Snails yet. He wondered if she would freak out like some of the other fillies had.

Snails suddenly squeaked and held his breath as Doctor Stable came in. He had gotten some shots from the Doctor when he had Pony Pox recently. To his relief, the tan unicorn had to run off after that strange barking mare again.

Errrr. ah yeah..., any other questions before ah end mah report on "Daring Do's Beginner Science Series, Number 9; Beneficial Bugs of Equestria"?

Cheerilee smiled as her class took such an interest in Snails' book report about entomology - she was a bit surprised, but it made sense the rambunctious, outdoorsy types she had in her class would enjoy such a subject. As she heard each question asked, she pondered about researching this "Daring Do Beginning Science" Series, it sounded like something that might really appeal to her class!

As Cheerilee pondered if Twilight Sparkle had some of the books or could get them for her, she was suddenly snapped out of her thought by Scootaloo's loud exclamation about a spider in the room. Cheerilee stood up on all fours with a shocked look on her face; she needed to find it before some foal panicked. But before she could find it, it was already handled - and to Cheerilee's genuine surprise, by Silver Spoon! Hardly the most brave foal in her class!

Cheerilee went over and picked up the container. She'd better put it outside before it ran out of air. "Go ahead and finish your book-". Before she could finish, another Nursery Rhyme can running in. Cheerilee took a deep breath and let it out - how could a student simply sleep in this late? Then the doctor stuck his head in for an explanation, and she sighed. Was everypony going to be interrupting her class, today? Well, she'd take it in turn. She calmly walked to the door, popped the top of the container with ehr teeth, and held it upside down in her hooves, letting the spider scurry away. Ah well, this was pretty standard fare for her class, after all. There was very little that shocked her anymore "Where were we? Oh yes, Snails, please go ahead and finish your book report, then I believe Rosehip asked to go next."

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

When the spider landed in Silver Spoon's hair, the resultant shriek did not in fact come from the grey haired filly herself, but from the terrified pink and purple pony sitting next to her. Diamond Tiara screamed loudly before covering her face with her hooves. Spiders were just, like, so totally freaky!

So when Silver Spoon just... just got up and took it to the front of the class like it was no big deal... well Diamond was greatly impressed.

When Silver Spoon sat back down Diamond leaned over and whispered to her, a hint of awe in her voice. "Silvy, that was so cool. And kinda scary too. I know I'd never be able to touch something so gross and creepy!"

OOC- Hehehe, surprised no one called Abby out on her epic question flub in my previous post!

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had a deep affinity for spiders. They were among the most helpful and useful of all the creatures in the land, taking care of a whole host if unpleasant insects that did a number on her orchard, so she was quite unlike a lot of fillies who were afraid of them for a whole host of reasons unrelated to reality. A few hung out outside her bedroom window and she had even given them the names Octo and Many-Eyes. Not the best names, but she'd named them when she was younger and didn't have the heart to get rid of them now.

She watched with some satisfaction as Silver Spoon handled the situation with the same grace she would use when she insulted Apple Bloom or the other bow-wearing filly in class. It felt strange to Apple Bloom that she had more or less decided to live with the insults, just as she had to live with the fact that the once beautiful butterfly world was now soured by the fact that they were harbringers of doom. Apple Bloom hated to dwell on it, but Tineh the Tree and Barktholomeow would never be the same. All the same, she was happy to see that her frienemy had the guts to deal with the creepy crawlies well, just as she had a giggle at watching Diamond Tiara freak out. She had come to completely forgive Silver Spoon, but she'd admit to a sense of satisfaction whenever Diamond Tiara was uncomfortable.

"Yeah, spiders are a dandy than' ta have on the farm! Why, as long as ya make sure ta shoo the poisonous ones away, they can be a whole heap of help. They take care of all sortsa tiny bugs that could do a number on Sweet Apple Acres," Apple Bloom added to the pool of collective knowledge just as the new filly walked in, somewhat harried and looking a tad discombobulated.

Apple Bloom knew who she was, of course. The Apples had a habit of getting injured at an uncommon clip and she naturally sought out somepony her own age when they had to make their trips to the hospital, so Nursery Rhyme fit the bill. She thought well of the filly and truth be told was a little jealous. She had her cutie mark and did something that she could only get better at as she grew older, while this silly blank flank wasn't as sure that she'd be nearly as qualified to be a farmer as she got older. It wasn't due to a lack of effort, mind you, just talent. And legs, Big Mac and Applejack had buff legs. Apple Bloom's legs were scrawny. Youth sucked.

"Howdy thar, Nursery Rhyme! When're you gonna come back ta tha farm and check't Big Mac's back?"

Guiding Light immediately saw Scootaloo spring into action to try and get the spider. If he had just an ounce of her bravery his life would be infinately better. The filly went without fear to get the arachnid but then as quickly as she found it the spider had escaped and it landed in Silver Spoon's mane! Light didn't know how Silver Spoon would react, especially with such calm and decisive action, probably because he always saw her with Diamond Tiara who was about as dramatic as a pony on stage. Yet with a calm poise she handled the situation.

With the chaos managed, Light hoped that whatever the crisis that Scootaloo was facing would be resolved.

8nMQp.png

The creamy filly finally calmed down a little. It had been a big relief that Dr. Stable had taken the time to vouch for her. She wasn't too keen on getting into trouble with Miss Cheerilee. After all, she was depended on her endorsement to be able to volunteer as much as she did. Should she ever voice concerns to her parents, it probably wouldn't bode too well for little Nursery.

As she sat down she paid barely any attention to Snail's book report, still organizing her papers. And really, before she could, Applebloom popped into her field of vision. She had seen the yellow apple filly a lot lately, usually in the hospital. Fortunately, most of the Apple family took work related injuries well. To a certain degree, Nursery Rhyme took it as a personal failure when ponies dreaded visiting the doctor. It was part of a nurses duty to put her patients at ease.

"Hey, Applebloom." She said with a smile, quickly to be replaced by a worried expression. "H-his back is still hurting? He should maybe go to the hospital again... Y-you know I'm not a real nurse just yet." She replied with a slightly embarrassed chuckle. "But.. I c-could come to Sweet Apple Acres after school if you like." She furrowed her brows. "Dr. Stable asked me to pause for today, b-because I've spend all weekend in the hospital."

Little 'Nurse' Rhyme wasn't too happy about it. There was a lot of work to do at the hospital, with all the new patients, but there wasn't any arguing with a doctor. She tried to distract herself from that.

She turned to Abby with a chuckle: "A-anyway, uh.. what was all that commotion about before I arrived. I heard noises from outside."

Scootaloo was incredibly impressed with Silver Spoon. She had expected the pony to freak out like Fluttershy when she was up high, but instead she'd remained totally poised. Now THAT was just awesome. Perhaps Scootaloo had misjudged Silver Spoon's character a little.

Wait a second. What was she thinking? Silver Spoon was really mean! Still, Scootaloo had to commend the earth pony on such a smooth reaction.

"Nice one, Spoon! Sorry for that, by the way."

Snails nickered and gave a goofy grin as there were no more questions about the book.

It was starting to sink in some of these fillies might be considering him for a colt friend, given the admiring looks some gave him while talking about bees and butterflies. Wait, what? Him? Why him?

The Hearts and Hooves card he was given by... Ohhh! It came back to him! It was real! He blushed a little at the realization of the heart shaped treasure kept in his treasure box at home.

He coughed [colour=#daa520]"W-well if nopony else has any questions, ya can find this book in th' Library. Jest past the horse head sculpture."[/colour]

Snails picked up the book and set his report on Cheerilee's desk, then trotted to his seat

He blushed as he passed silver spoon, and whispered, [colour=#daa520]"That was totally awesome, Silver Spoon..."[/colour]

SilverSpoonBanner.png

SilverSpoon had a very visible blush on her face at everyones reaction, and it darkened when Snails walked past and complimented her quietly, she glanced at him over her glasses and gave him a soft sincere smile "Thank you..." She said before glancing back at Diamond Tiara and grinned lightly. "Oh like...yeah it was totally gross" She said, taking her shaker back when the Teacher gave it to her, putting it back in her lunch pail "But like I so wasn't going to let it mess up my mane.." though her eyes glanced at Scootaloo when she gave her a few words of praise, a soft smile tugging on the corner of her mouth.."Like...yeah..Thanks Scootaloo"

No rude name puns, no nothing...SilverSpoon felt like she was glowing on the inside right now.

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip was paying no attention to this nonsense! She had been working hard and diligently on her paper, a look of firm concentration eteched on her face, tongue sticking out as she wrote with careful pencil strokes, as if she were writing a masterpiece instead of a simple book report. RoseHip did everything seriously and with passion, that was just how she was! So the screams, spider, and other nonsense were lost on her ears, she was just waiting to hear that it was her turn to go up and read her piece.

Cheerilee gave a large smile as Snails concluded his report, [colour=#800080]“that was very, very good Snails! You may take your seat now.”[/colour] She was honestly impressed; not that it was a stunning report or that he spoke elegantly, but that Snails managed to keep his composure and his focus. Snails was never one of her better students, always having his mind in the clouds and often answering questions with weird non sequiturs; she never knows what he is thinking half the time. To see him do such a wonderful job on this project was just so nice! Cheerilee took her pencil with her mouth and wrote a 'B+' next to Snails' name on the grading sheet. Hopefully, he would do just as well on their fun interactive project later!

There was one last volunteer - Rosehip, one of the new students. Cheerilee was really curious, now - what could the little white pegasus possibly have ready? There was only one way to find out, [colour=#800080]“Rosehip, please come on up and share your book report. And would anypony like to volunteer to go after Rosehip?”[/colour] If there wasn’t any, she'd just have to start picking at random.

Hearing Cheerilee asking for a volunteer after Rosehip made Haywire sink a little lower in her seat. The rust colored filly quickly turned her head in all directions, searching the room hoping that one of her classmates would lift up a hoof to volunteer. The blond blank flank filly didn't as much as open her assigned book, "The War of the Roses", and she truly had no idea what it was really all about. There just HAD to be a way to get somepony else to speak up to go next.

[colour=#B22222]"C'mon Haywire, think of somethin' fast!" [/colour]she said to herself before she noticed Diamond Tiara was sitting up in her chair slightly. Then the clever filly came up with a plan.

[colour=#B22222]"Time fer one of mah dandy little tacks. I'll put it on her chair, and then when she sits back, she'll yell up and the teacher will pick her fer the next book report! I'm so smart sometimes it scares me!" [/colour]Haywire thought as slowly and carefully, she slumped down in her seat, reaching her right front hoof under her own desk to carefully place the tack with the sharp end up into position on Diamond Tiara's chair.

WinterDazzleBanner.png

Being late, one of the few things that Winter Dazzle always seemed to be good at. She burst through the doors of the classroom huffing and puffing with her mane all tossed about and her maneband nowhere to be seen. She stopped to catch her breath and then noticed that they had already started the lesson and with a [colour=#00ffff]"Meep."[/colour] she gave a quick bow and dashed over to her seat. It was her lucky seat, stationed strategically a few seats behind Silver Spoon and one to the left so that she had an ample viewing angle of.... She let out a soft giggle thinking that it was only last week that she was late to class last time, she had been a good little filly and actually made it to class on time, but today made up for that and then some. She was in fact the latest she had ever been! Well ok, maybe not as bad as that time that she almost missed the Wonderbolts preform but still pretty bad. Figuring that it was best to figure out what the lesson was on her own she narrowed her eyes and tried to see what all the other students were doing, one was putting a tack onto Diamond Tiara's chair? Well while that was funny it was clearly a hazard to their learning experience, but never mind that for now the entertainment value should be enough to give her cover for sneaking in so late.

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip walked up with her papers in her mouth and approached the front of the class with confidence, before taking her papers out of her mouth and held them one hoof and began to read her report out loud to her class.

“I have chosen to do my report on my favorite foal-hood book “Charlottes Web” It’s a book about a pig that is going to be sold from his family farm and moved far FAR away from them, but with the aid of his best friend Charlotte whom is a grey spider that lives in the barn, he is able to stay, the book teaches you about true friendship and about sacrifice” She paused for a moment before continuing “My favorite character has always been Templeton the rat! He’s a friend to Wilbur but in his own special way, he’s sneaky and seems to only do things that benefit him, but he’s hilarious and his humor brings a lot to the book”

“The book would always bring me to tears at the end, it’s so sad but so perfect, but since it’s such a good book I’d rather not spoil the ending by giving it away “ Rosehip flipped to her next page “But it’s a great piece one that I’m planning on writing a play for! So If anypony is interested in joining I’ll be holding auditions at my Aunt QuickLimes shop tomorrow afternoon at 3 o’clock “ RoseHip took plays seriously even if they were only small ones in her back yard “I already have the costumes and most of the script done I just need the right ponies to do the job, are there any questions before I sit down?” She asked placing the papers on Miss Cheerilee’s desk.

SilverSpoonBanner.png

SilverSpoon was rather interested in the play and figured she’d make a great Charlotte so she was going to go audition that was for sure.. though she glanced over and frowned seeing what Haywire was doing.. . that was a mean prank and she leaned over to flick the tack away from her best friends backside “Haywire knock it off” She whispered sternly. SilverSpoon was in such a good mood from earlier she didn’t want stupid pranks ruining the day for her!

fber10.jpg

Scootaloo was incredibly suddenly interested. A play? That sounded like the perfect way to earn a Cutie Mark! She hated to admit it to many, but Scootaloo greatly admired actresses who could convey a character super well. It obviously took a lot of skill and determination, two things Scootaloo was already blessed with. Maybe acting was her special talent! She raised a hoof in the air and shook it around quickly.

[colour=#cc0066]"Ooh! Ooh! Rose Hip! Can I be in your play?"[/colour]

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

(ooc: sorry I'm being slow)

When Miss Cheerilee asked for more voluteers, Diamond Tiara had just finished going over her book report. It was, she thought, pretty good. She'd read the children's classic: Rusty and the Chocolate Factory. The book described a world that was completely foreign and mysterious to her (not the factory, the way Rusty's poor family lived without money) and she had enjoyed reading it. She figured that she might as well get the report over with now that it was fresh in her mind. She wasn't adverse to talking in front of the class, and it was better than getting picked out when she wasn't prepared.

She leaned forward and put her hoof up. [colour=#9966ff]"Miss Cheerilee, I don't mind going next."[/colour] she said, unaware that Haywire had already put the tack down on her chair just before she spoke. Luckily for Diamond, her besty Silver Spoon was on the case, deftly sweeping the tack away without Diamond even realising anything was wrong.

After listening to Rosehip's presentation, she heard that the filly was going to be making a play. [colour=#9966ff]A play? That... might actually be kinda fun![/colour] thought Diamond. This pony might be kinda cool, despite the horrible lime green glasses (she'd have to bring that up).

Haywire was stunned at what she was witnessing happening all around her. No only had she been so sloppy with her tack delivery that Silver Spoon had spotted her (and flicked her tack away) but Diamond Tiara actually VOLUNTEERED to give HER book report NEXT!

[colour=#B22222]"Shoot! Didn't need that silly ol' tack after all! I got what I wanted anyhow!" [/colour]the rust colored filly thought to herself as she sat back in her chair and relaxed. [colour=#B22222]"Diamond Tiara's so full of hot air, she'll ramble on fer HOURS! I'm safe! Miss Cheerliee will NEVER call on me now!"[/colour]

All the blonde blank flank had to do now was stay awake in class and she had it made. But now, her eyelids were starting to get heavy and she unleashed a loud yawn. This wasn't going to be easy, but Haywire knew that if she fell asleep in class, that she'd be in BIG trouble with Cheerilee. So far, so good, but she was starting to fade.....

Cheerilee had to admit, she was rather impressed that Rosehip managed to come up with a good book report summary on the fly like that. It was obvious this book meant a lot to the pegasus filly; it was a classic, one Cheerilee had read a few times herself when she was just a little pony. As Rosehip wasn't officially given the assignment, Cheerilee wrote "extra credit" next to her name. Her ears perked up a little upon hearing about the little play Rosehip was putting together, and that gave the mulberry colored mare an idea. [colour=#800080]"That sounds really interesting, Rosehip! If any of you participate in the play, I'll count its extra credit towards your next Pony Society Studies assignment."[/colour] Cheerilee loved theater, so it seemed like a perfect opportunity to get at least some of her students to explore that discipline as well.

Cheerilee looked to see if anypony had questions on the book and spotted Silver Spoon whispering and gesturing at something, although she couldn't make out what other than it was in Diamond Tiara's direction. Cheerilee just gave a stern look, She was about to "volunteer" Silver Spoon next, but Diamond asked to go. [colour=#800080]"Certainly Diamond Tiara. Silver Spoon! Please pay attention; you can gossip with your friend during recess, eyes forward now."[/colour] Cheerilee's disposition lightened, [colour=#800080] "did anypony have a question for Roship before Miss Tiara comes up?"[/colour]

Before anypony in the class had a chance to answer, Winter Dazzle came running in. She was late … Very, very late, even for Winter Dazzle. Cheerilee watched as the little blue filly took her seat before she spoke with an flat look on her face and a lower tone in her voice, [colour=#800080]"So glad you could finally take time from your busy schedule and join our class, Miss Dazzle. I certainly hope your book report is not as tardy. I also hope you have nothing planned for this afternoon, because the schoolhouse could use some thorough cleaning and you just volunteered."[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle's mind wandered as the reports went on, her chin propped up on her hoof. There seemed to be no shortage of volunteers, which was a relief ... maybe it'd go on so long that the school day would run out and she could just hand in her report instead of having to present it to the class! All she had to do was keep from getting noticed by Miss Cheerilee, and everything would be fine!

Which shouldn't be too hard. Her eyes were growing heavy, and her head kept making little jerking movements upwards as she kept forcing herself back awake, trying to listen to the other ponies giving their book reports...

For some reason, Silver Spoon was a spider-pony, with eight legs, sitting in her web over a pig with a lovely red mane with a pink stripe in it. Snails was a cute lil' potatoe bug all curled up in the web ... and some big dark shape was looming over them all ...

[colour=#800080]"ZZZZZZ *snrk*mumble* Nooo, not the chalk dust cloud... ZZZZZZZZZZ"[/colour]

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom nodded at Nursery. Silly filly worked too hard!

[colour=#ff0000]"He ain't that hurt or nothin'. Just a slight twinge in his back, that's all, same as last time really. If ya wanna come 'ver that'd be swell, butcha don't hafta. We can always have Granny Smith pour tea down his back. That works,"[/colour] She whispered in response before a sly smile worked its way on.

[colour=#ff0000]"And thar was a big 'ol spider that Silver Spoon took care of. Silver Spoon, of all ponies!"[/colour]

The play sounded like it could be a lot of fun. Apple Bloom didn't have the best track record with any sort of stage performances, what with the Cutie Mark Crusaders' talent show being the sum of it and on account of them not getting their cutie marks that day because of it. Maybe they could get their cutie marks in acting? Applejack had a few old playbills from her youth laying about. Maybe she could get some help with some of the classics at home! Or maybe Applejack would recoil in horror at the thought and tell everypony what beautiful weather they were having(during a thunderstorm) like she had whenever the subject was broached at home.

[colour=#ff0000]"That play sounds like a mighty fine idea, Rosehip! Ah'd love ta act in it," [/colour]Apple Bloom said excitedly, just as she elbowed Sweetie Belle.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hay, maybe we can get 're cutie marks in actin'!"[/colour] She promoted the idea vigorously before seeing she had just elbowed a sleeping filly, pulling back sheepishly.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hehehe, sorry," [/colour]She whispered, nodding knowingly and turning her attention Diamond Tiara and her report.

Guiding Light zoned out for a few moments as he listened to Rose Hip give her report on Charlotte's Web. She did give a great report and the book was one the Light did read before. It's just that there were things on his mind, namely his book report. He hoped that by calming himself that he could steel his nerves and be able to make it through the report without stumbling or reverting back to his usual shy self.

The sudden voice of his teacher reprimanding Silver Spoon snapped Light from his own little world and brought him to attention. There was the mentioning of a play, something that he did not participate in before.

[colour=#DAA520]"Um... Rose,"[/colour] He said softly, [colour=#DAA520]"If you need any help with the backstage work or something like that, I can help."[/colour]

Suddenly Sweetie Belle awoke with saying the most rediculous thing he had ever heard. Of course he knew that Sweetie would say some rediculous things before, but this took the cake. He looked over with a confused glance at the unicorn who he found had gone to sleep. With a shrug, he resigned himself to thinking about his book report.

Haywire was now really struggling to stay awake. One too many 'midnight frog hunts' had taken their toll on the rust colored blonde filly. She tried everything she could think of to keep from falling asleep in class. Shaking her head did no good and neither did tapping a pencil on her desk. In desparation, Haywire even found her lost tack and put it under her own flank and sat hard upon it. But in the end, none of these tatics worked. Slowly, her eyes began to blink, flutter, and then close. Her head slowly descended until it was on top her desk. As she drifted off into sleep, she began to snore. The snoring got louder and louder until one last super loud window shaking snore came from her mouth, SO loud that it instantly woke her up. She quickly sat up straight in her seat and smiled.

[colour=#B22222]"Sure hope no one caught that...." [/colour]the stunned blank flank filly thought to herself.

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip clapped her hooves together hearing so many ponies interested in her play! "Ofcourse Scootaloo! You can be in it! And anypony can be in it if they want! This is about having fun after all!" She glanced at Guiding then "Ofcourse backset work is needed too! But we just need to have a place to put it" She tapped her cheek in thought glancing at Miss Cheerilee "Miss Cheerilee may we use the stage that was used for the talent show? We'll clean up all the mess and my Auntie will probably happily supervise us!"

SilverSpoonBanner.png

How ..dare...! SilverSpoons cheeks went red as she got scoulded for preventing Haywire from hurting Diamond Tiara! Of all the INJUSTICE! Silver Spoon's good mood dissolved like cotton candy hitting your tongue, and she just put her hooves on her desk, ears pinned back "Yes Miss Cheerilee..." She mumbled to herself, just adjusting the papers of her report, feeling crummy now and hoped that recess would happen soon, she wanted to run and stretch her legs...it felt like she'd been stuck at her desk for DAYS instead of just an hour or two...

Archived