[Ponyville] Class Is In Session (Open to Ponyville Fillies and Colts)

SteelEagle

Cheerilee smiled at the enthusiasm some in her class continued to show in the play; perhaps it was the extra credit she offered, perhaps it was sincere interest. She really hoped for the latter, but whatever reason was good to get more students in after school activities was a good one, especially if it's theater. Some of the foals needed it, their usual outlets were just so ... mischievous. [colour=#800080] “Thank you very much, Rosehip! Remember, students to be sure to talk to Rosehip after school or at recess about her play. I encourage you all to try out and remember: extra credit!” [/colour]

Cheerilee’s cheerful disposition quickly soured, though, when she heard the loud snoring! Her teacher's eyes quickly darted across the room and focused on the guilty party: Haywire. It wasn’t made clear if she was really asleep, or she was being sarcastic by expressing boredom through purposely snoring. [colour=#800080]“Miss Haywire! Are we boring you?! I am sorry that plays do not excite you like firecrackers and thumbtacks, but please pay attention![/colour]" She sighed and started looking over the rest of the class, and her eyes stopped on the sleeping white unicorn, [colour=#800080]“Sweetie Belle!”[/colour] Cheerilee signed and rubbed at one temple with her forehoof. This wasn’t good; perhaps the students had been sitting too long already.

Cheerilee quickly calmed down and held a serious tone, [colour=#800080]”thank you Rosehip, you may take your seat now. Diamond Tiara, the floor is yours, and afterwards we will break for recess.”[/colour] Recess sounded good - the exercise would wake the foals right up, and hopefully the rest of the book reports would go by more smoothly. Besides, she was sure they would love the big activity she had in store for the day; and speaking of reports, she knew exactly which little ponies “volunteered” to go first when they got back, Haywire and Sweetie Belle.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweetie Bell stood up straight, letting out a faint squeak as she heard her name called out. [colour=#800080]"Yes, Miss Cheerilee!"[/colour] she answered quickly, [colour=#800080]"I'll be glad to help with the play, too!"[/colour] She paused, blinking ... that was what they had been talking about, right? Some sort of play? [colour=#800080]"I can ... uh ... help with the scenery! I have practice!"[/colour]

She groaned softly, under her breath, and sat down again, her face feeling hot. What had just happened? She hadn't meant to volunteer, though of course she didn't mind ...

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

[colour=#9966ff]"Thank you, Miss Cheerilee!"[/colour]

As Diamond Tiara made her way to the front of the class, she briefly stopped to gently pat Silver Spoon's shoulder. Spoon was looking upset after she got told off by Cheerilee, so Diamond gave her a big smile to reassure her that at least Diamond Tiara was still on her side. And really, what else could she possibly need?

Diamond Tiara got to the front of the class and cleared her throat for her report.[colour=#9966ff] "My book report is on the children's classic 'Rusty and the Chocolate Factory'. It stars the young colt Rusty Bucket. He's totally poor, his entire family lives in this tiny house, and they all, like, share one big bed. Can you believe it?"[/colour] she paused briefly to allow this to sink in. Not even Apple Bloom's family was so poor they had to do that... At least, she didn't think so.

[colour=#9966ff]"Anyway, one day Rusty hears about this competition being run by a pony called Wacky Wonka. Wonka owns a huge chocolate factory where they make all kinds of weird and wonderful treats. Rusty totally wants to win this competition, but it's super hard, because you have to find a golden ticket hidden inside Wonka Bars, which are, like, really good chocolate or something. Anyway, Rusty gets lucky and manages to scrounge up enough money to buy just one Wonka bar (they must be, like, super expensive or something) and wouldn't you know it? There's a ticket inside! So he goes with his Grandpa to the chocolate factory, and all the other ponies who found the golden tickets are there too, but they're all, like, totally stuck-up and self-centred."[/colour] Diamond completely ignores the reactions of her fellow students at this point. [colour=#9966ff]"There's Gloopy, the fat one; Veruca the bratty one; Violet, who chews gum all day (totally gross); and Thuggy, who thinks he's, like, a gangster or something.

So they all go into the factory, led by Wonka, who's a totally crazy unicorn. He tells them about how he makes all these magical sweets in his factory. My favourite ones were the Cavity-Filling Caramels, that fix your teeth as you chew them. That would be so cool to have in real life! He doesn't do it on his own though; he has a race of ugly miniture ponies called Oompa Loompas that work for him. They sometimes sing songs to the guests. They're kinda funny, but creepy too.

I won't give away the rest of the book, but it goes a lot into how the bad colts and fillies get karmic punishments for being so selfish and greedy. Anyway, it's a pretty fun book. It's filled with all kinds of weird and wonderful magic, and Wonka is a funny, crazy guy. I'd give it an 8/10. Thank you."[/colour]

(ooc: I feel like I'm doing homework for RP now... Oh gods... I AM doing homework for RP! ... Kill me...)

Haywire immediately snapped back to attention when Cheerilee called her name. Her eyes sprang wide open and she smiled widely, hoping against hope that her little nap had gone unnoticed. The LAST thing on her mind now was her non-existant book report. There were plenty of other fillies and colts in the room, surely Miss Cheerilee would be choosing some of them instead of her.

As Diamond Tiara began her book report, Haywire took a glance at the spine of the book she was supposed to be doing an oral report on. [colour=#B22222]"War of the Roses', [/colour]Haywire thought to herself. [colour=#B22222]"who the hay cares about some dumb old flowers fightin' with each other?"[/colour]

The blonde blank flank was stunned at how brief Diamond Tiara's book report, and how interesting it was! She was beginning to think that there was something special about reading after all!

[colour=#B22222]"OH C'MON!" [/colour]Haywire shouted. [colour=#B22222]"Tell us more! What happened to Rusty Bucket? Did Wacky Wonka go insane? Don't hold out on us!"[/colour]

In THIS universe, the "Wars of the Roses" is a history novel written by Louise LaMare, to this date the ONLY non-Pioneer times book she had written. It is a fictional account of a struggle between two griffin kingdoms during the Pre-Equestria Era. One side, led by King Strongfeather, had the white rose on it's flag while the other, led by Queen Fiercebeak, used the red rose for their emblem. In the end, a final 'battle to the death' was avoided when the widowed Queen and the widower King fell in love and agreed to a grand wedding to unite the two kingdoms and end the war. Cheerilee is PROBABLY familiar with the book but as it wasn't one of Louise's more famous works, few of the students would know about it. Normally Haywire wouldn't even THINK about selecting a book like this, but she liked the title and had no idea what it is really all about.

(OOC: Sorry delays, been dealing with medical issues lately)

Snails looked at the foals around him as they got excited about doing a play with Rosehip!

He wanted to talk to Snips later about joining in. Even if they didnt get a part, they could at least try to get a chance to do any special effects since they were the class magicians!

Then Sweetie Belle openly volenteered to do the sets. here was his chance. He waved his orange hoof in the air. [colour=#ffd700]"Ah kin help do the special effects. How about you Snips?"[/colour]

After a moment, Diamond Tiara went up to the head of the class to do her report.

He was wide eyed at hearing about the characters and what DT thought of them. He covered his mouth with his hooves to keep from giggling and looked around to see if other ponies were having trouble not laughing at her hypocracy. *Ah wonder if that's the definition of 'irony'?* he thought

[colour=#000000]Scootaloo couldn't wait any longer, the anticipation was practically killing her. After seeing these fine book reports, she knew she was going to fail. But if she was going to fail, she would have to do it with dignity. Grace. Elegance. Poise. A calm, collective, and lady-like nature. That is how Scootaloo lost....like the greats.[/colour]

[colour=#cc0066]"MISS CHEERILEE! MISS CHEERILEE! CAN I PRESENT MY BOOK REPORT NEXT PLEASE!?"[/colour]

Waving her report like a white flag in hoof, Scootaloo stood on top of her desk and stomped a back hoof down aggressively. Miss Cheerilee was going to listen and let her report! Right? And it was going to be the best worst report ever! Scootaloo intended to fail!

Winter Dazzle let out a small sigh as the teacher laid out yet another punishment for her being late, surely she would eventually learn that being late is just Dazzle's thing. But not punishing her would make her feel bad for being late and then she would have to rethink her whole plan on life. She began to shuffle around among all of the commotion to find her book report that she was sure as sugar she had packed in her bag for the school day. Cheerilee sent the rest of the class to Recess but since Dazzle had just gotten there she figured that she didn't really want or need to go to recess so she stayed at her desk and shuffled through her papers attempting to find her book report about: 'A Tale of Two Ponies.' ((A Tale of Two Cities))

[colour=#00ffff]"Why in the world do I have my Equestrian History paper from last week in here....and it hasn't even been graded?" [/colour]She let out a sigh she had yet again forgot to turn in an assignment, if her parents found out it for sure would be back to Canterlot with her and she would never be able to get a real education. [colour=#00ffff]"Well at least I have my Book Report for today!"[/colour] She held the paper above her head like it was some sort of omen from Celestia herself that she was destined to have a good day today.

[colour=#00ffff]"Now I just have to not lose it before its my turn to present."[/colour] She spoke to herself now as she placed the paper back into her bag but in such a folder that she would never forget where it was, until she set the bag down on the floor again...she had already forgotten what she had even gotten her bag out for, today was going to be a long day that was for sure.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom remembered reading Rusty and the Chocolate Factory when she was a bit younger, and she equally remembered reading it a second, third, and even fourth time. It had been a favorite book of hers for almost a full month and after she had read it five times, she had been quick to find something else. All things equal she was actually a rather voracious reader; stormy, dreary nights out on the farm allowed for family game time and personal time and that alone. You couldn't help but be an excited reader then, now could you? Diamond Tiara did a good enough job she figured of laying it all out pretty accurately, though she had missed some of the underlying themes. So had Apple Bloom the first three times, though on her last two romps she had scooped up everything of value just like she scooped up all the ripe Honeycrisps after a good buck. Just like a Honeycrisp, good themes and messages were ripe for the picking if you knew what to do, even though Honeycrisps were better on account of making for absolutely delicious apple juice!

She wasn't gonna humor Diamond Tiara with her undivided attention, nor spoil her with any questions that may have made the class interesting. She was a mean pony and until she started treating otherponies with any sort of respect, Apple Bloom was willing to keep her distance unless she had to be close to the filly. Then she'd be nice. So as Diamond read out her report, Apple Bloom played with her pencil and did her best to look entirely uninterested in the prissy pony's presentation. Then after she was done, Scootaloo blasted out that she was ready to go. Apple Bloom wasn't confident in the slightest but if anypony could pull a rabbit out of the hat- well, the answer was Trixie probably, but Scootaloo was the answer here. Besides, she had to have been super confident to not want that break for recess!

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh yeah! Scootaloo should go up, on account of 'er missin' our last cutie mark crusaders meetin' because she was readin'!"[/colour] Apple Bloom lied through her perfect little teeth as the pencil dropped down to the table, the filly nodding conspiratorially.

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

[colour=#B22222]"OH C'MON! [/colour][colour=#B22222]Tell us more! What happened to Rusty Bucket? Did Wacky Wonka go insane? Don't hold out on us!"[/colour]

Diamond Tiara rolled her eyes at Haywire's outburst, though she at least gave the loudmouth a response.

[colour=#9966ff]"Surely you don't want me to spoil the whole thing, do you?"[/colour] She gave the other filly a smirk. [colour=#9966ff]"But it sounds like I've peaked your interest. I'll tell you that there's more to Mr. Wonka than meets the eye, especially when it comes to what he reveals as the grand prize to his little competition. It doesn't just stop with those golden tickets. But if you really want to know the rest, you can get the book from the library."[/colour] She smiled inwardly as she finished. She'd managed to get at least one pony interested in reading her book; that was sure to win marks from Miss Cheerilee! [colour=#9966ff]"Now, are there any other questions or shall I sit down?" [/colour]she asked, looking sideways at Cheerilee to sit if she had permission to go back to her seat yet.

Cheerilee felt Diamond Tiara’s report went pretty well; she also remembered reading that book as a filly, although she didn’t remember many of the details until Diamond’s brief synopsis brought back a small flood of memories of her own weird imaginings of Wacky Wonka’s magical factory of candies must have certainly looked like. The report was well done, although as the teacher and a professional, Cheerilee had to keep herself from smirking when the little pink filly hypocritically mocked the characters of the story for their self-centerness. Despite Diamond Tiara's selfishness, the pink filly rarely disrupted the learning of the other foals; given how many troublemakers and mischievous foals Cheerilee had in her class, she couldn't really complain. [colour=#800080] “Thank you, Diamond Tiara, that was an excellent report. You may take your seat, now.”[/colour] Cheerilee looked down at her grading sheet and thought for a second. There was nothing wrong with the report at all, and she'd handled the question well; Cheerilee wrote an “A” next to Diamond’s name.

Cheerilee was about to call for recess when Scootaloo practically jumped out of her chair in wanting to go next; if the filly could fly, she’d be up in the air right now. Cherrilee was going to have Haywire and Sweetie Belle go next, but it looked like they lucked out;[colour=#800080] “you most certainly may, Scootaloo, but first I think we will take a break for recess.”[/colour] She smiled over the class. [colour=#800080]“Now remember, everypony, don’t wear yourselves out, we still have our big outdoor project later, and I know you’ll have fun with it!”[/colour] Cheerilee briefly considered keeping a couple in class for their tardiness and mischief, but that was what afterschool cleanup was for - and letting themselves work out some of their energy sometimes made things easier in class.

This is a chance for you foals to do whatever you fancy outside for a little bit, cause mischief, pranks, be nice or mean, panic about the book reports, whatever, go crazy until she calls you in

Sweetie Belle was not usually the first out the door to Recess, but in this case she couldn't get out of her desk and outside fast enough. She ran across the schoolyard to underneath the tree, where she and her friends often sat and talked, and made plans, when they weren't busy playing games, then waited for Scootaloo and Apple Bloom to catch up.

[colour=#800080]"What am I going to *do*?!"[/colour] she wailed painfully. [colour=#800080]"Everypony's book reports are so much better than mine! I'm going to get up there and stammer and sound ridiculous and everypony's going to laugh at me and my book report isn't inspiring and Miss Cheerilee is going to give me an F and mum and dad and Rarity are going to be disappointed in me and I'll flunk and have to stay back a year and I'll be an old mare still in school while you two are off being adults with your cutie marks and I STILL won't have mine!"[/colour] she wailed, her mouth opening wide with her paniced cry as she swayed back and forth. Then her energy ran out and she just toppled over to the side, laying along the ground with an air of pure despair about her limp form.

[colour=#B22222]"RECESS! YAY!!!" [/colour]Haywire shouted as the rust colored filly bolted for the door. This was the blank flank's favorite time of day, next to lunch and dismissal. Spotting a frog across the road, Haywire galloped towards it, not seeing the light brown Pegasus mare who was landing directly in her path....

BONK!!!!!!

The force of the collision sent both ponies to the dirt and sent all of the contents of Haywire's saddlebags flying in all directions.

[colour=#B22222]"OH MY GOSH! I'm so surry, lady! Didn't see ya comin', let me help ya up!" [/colour]the blonde filly frantically rambled until she got a good look at the mare's face. Haywire's eyes lit up when she instantly recognized her as the famous Pioneer times novelist, Louise LaMare! She had met her before, several months ago in Appleoosa when her entire family visited there to play music for the town.

lgcFVs.jpg

[colour=#B22222]"Louise LaMare! What in the hay are YOU doing here, in Ponyville?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"I'm in town to attend a book signing of my latest novel, 'Go West Young Colt' and, HAY! I remember you! You played in that band during our last hoedown! You're Haywire!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"You remember me?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Who can forget the little filly that caused so much trouble that day? Still stealing pies and teasing your older sister?"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Well, I did give up stealing pies," [/colour]Haywire snickered as Louise got back up on all four hooves. It was then that the light brown Pegasus mare spotted the filly's opened saddlebag and her books laying on the road.

[colour=#FF0000]"I'm impressed, Haywire! You're reading 'War of the Roses'! That's one of my earlier works that few ponies ever remember."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"YOU wrote this book?" [/colour]the rust colored filly asked.

[colour=#FF0000]"Of course! I wrote it after my first Pioneer times novel. It didn't sell as well, so I decided to focus on my Western sagas instead. How did you like it?"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Well Miss LaMare," [/colour]Haywire said with a sheepish grin on her face, sensing an opportunity, [colour=#B22222]"I did like the book, but can ya tell me what inspired you to write it?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"I have always loved history, Haywire, so I thought a historic backdrop would be appropriate for a story like this."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Ya don't say," [/colour]Haywire said, trying to make mental notes as the Pegasus author spoke. [colour=#B22222]"Tell me more."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Of course! This is one of those rare stories where the protaginists and antaginists turn out to be one in the same! The main plot is enriched by a number of simutainious subplots and the climax concludes with a surprising plot twist, but you knew all that already since you did read the book, right?"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Er, right," [/colour]Haywire lied as she finished picking up all her things and putting them back in her saddlebag. [colour=#B22222]"But how about reviewin' it all agin' fer me so I'm sure I got all the details down pat?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Certainly, anything for a fan," [/colour]Louise said seconds before several Pegasi wearing Press hats and cameras in their hooves landed all around her. Shouted questions filled the air as flashbulbs flashed, overwhelming the famous author.

[colour=#B22222]"HAY! Git outta the way, ya dern galoots! I was talkin' to Miss LaMare first!" [/colour]Haywire protested in vain as the onrush of camera ponies and reporters whisked Louise away, the mob leading her down the road and away from the stunned blonde filly.

[colour=#B22222]"Dang it! If'n I couldda had some more time, I couldda learned more bout that dumb book she wrote! Oh well, she did give me SOME points to use in mah book report," [/colour]she thought before she spotted the frog that she'd been pursuing jumping across the road and into the playground. [colour=#B22222]"Ah, who cares? I got frogs to catch! Besides, if'n I kin keep stallin' Cheerliee, time's gonna run out and I won't have ta give mah book report today anyhow!"[/colour]

Haywire shrugged off all thoughts of the book report to chase after the jumping frog, which was heading towards her classmates gathered in the playground.

SilverSpoonBanner.png

SilverSpoon was still in a bad mood from Haywire getting her in some much undeserved trouble, so after class she decided right then and there she wasn't taking the blunt of the teachers wrath! Oh HAY no...so before going outside she adjusted her glasses with a hoof and went up to the teachers desk "Miss Cherilee? I just wanted to like let you know, I wasn't gossiping during class, I saw Haywire sticking a tack under Diamond Tiara's bum and I was telling her not to" She said and frowned lightly "Anyways that was like all I wanted to say"

Silver Spoon was more interested in talking to the new girl about getting a part in her play!

RoseHipBanner.jpg

After class RoseHip snagged a good seat at a picnic table, and opened up a notebook, writing down all the names of the ponies that had expressed interest in her play, as well as writing down who she thought they would be best at for future refference. She hummed merrily to herself as she worked, hoping a few would come over and talk to her, not just about the play but just in general since she had tried so hard to make a good first impression, though she felt waves of distane towards her pretty orange bow...

[colour=#000000]Scootaloo grinned and jumped out of her seat, quickly running to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. It was her favorite time of the day, the time where she got to run around![/colour]

[colour=#cc0066]"CRUSADERS! IT'S TIME FOR RECESS!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Scootaloo never quite figured out whether or not the other Crusaders enjoyed running/tackling/chasing/jumping as much as she did. But there was something just so thrilling about letting loose on monkey bars and quickly swinging, or flying down the shoot of a big slide. Scootaloo found it all to be so fun! Better yet, it was free time to look further into finding a Cutie Mark.[/colour]

Apple Bloom was quick to canter outside for recess. She enjoyed class- well, that was too much. She didn't enjoy it. She tolerated it. But she tolerated it so much because she liked her teacher and wasn't of the mind to trouble her anymore than she normally was, what with Haywire being a real pony and not a figment of a teacher's most detested nightmare. As much as she tolerated school, she loved recess. You could run and play and run and crusade around town and get back just in time for the bell. And play. And Crusade. And run. It was fun! Scootaloo was on the same wavelength and Apple Bloom was about to respond when Sweetie freaked out.

What wasn't fun was Sweetie Belle losing her mind over this report. That was plain silly. She was a smart little filly and considering Apple Bloom had already gone, she was sure that Sweetie Belle had at least one filly who'd do better. That was probably the wrong way to go about re-assuring her though, so Abby instead opted to lean in and lay her head under her friend's limp foreleg, then lifting up.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ahh, naw c'mon Sweetie Belle! That's stinkin' thinkin'. Yer smart and Ah'm sure yer reports a lot better than mine, and Ah doubt Scoots even spelled her's right!"[/colour] Apple Bloom finished as she tried to lift Sweetie up.

Recess. If it was a subject, Guiding Light would have ranked it at the top of the list. Granted he wasn't the most athletic pony, but he liked being out and stretching his legs.

Looking over, the Crusaders had already joined together. The colt wanted to get to know them more, particularily Scootaloo as he met Apple Bloom and to a lesser extent Sweetie Belle. First was the fact that he was a colt and the three fillies probably thought of him as silly. Then there was the fact that he had a cutie mark already and the Crusaders were formed to get their marks. The fact that he was still shy didn't help either.

Finding it a useless battle unless of course one of the three decided to initiate the conversation, Light went looking for other things to do. He then spotted Rose Hip jotting down something in a notebook with the concentration of a pony on a mission. Carefully, so as not to intrude, he approached her.

[colour=#DAA520]"Hi there. I hope I'm not interrupting, but i see you were writing things down in your notebook. Do you need any help with what you're doing?"[/colour]

Sweetie Belle's spirits sank even further as Scootaloo abandoned her to her fate without a word. Her sides expanded with a deep breath, then deflated as a long, forelorn sigh wooshed out of her. But at least one of her friends stood with her, giving her worried little tugs.

She turned her head a little to look up to Apple Bloom. [colour=#800080] "But it's not a written book report... it's an *aural* book report! That means we have to hear it! You can't hear spelling!"[/colour] She finally let herself be pulled up to her feet, teetering left, then right, as if she had no energy left. She gave a little watery gaze at her friend. [colour=#800080]"How do you do it, Abby? How do you get up there with all those ponies staring right at you, and not care?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Scootaloo grinned, suddenly incredibly excited about her actual book report. Other than spelling there weren't really problems with the report, and she could totally get away with it! At least, she could try! Scootaloo knew that people would sucker into the fact that it was about Scootaloo's hero, Rainbow Dash, and through their admiration they most likely wouldn't be too harsh on her.[/colour]

[colour=#cc0066]"That's RIGHT! You CAN'T hear spelling! Oh man, I'm going to ace this thing for sure, Miss Cheerilee wont even know what hit her!"[/colour]

Dazzle looked over to where the Cutie Mark Crusaders had gathered about and called out to Apple Bloom.

[colour=#00ffff]"Apple Bloom! That toy I was telling you about has arrived from my house in Canterlot if you wanted to come over and play with it." [/colour]She said with a rather chipper expression on her face at the thought of finally having her friend over at her house for something other then studying. It wasn't often that she even had friends over and it was only ever Apple Bloom that came over so she was pretty excited that she was coming over to play with the fancy toy. Sure that it would be a good time Dazzle got out of her seat and trotted quickly towards the door and with a huge grin waved to Apple Bloom to follow her as she bolted off towards her grandparents house that was decently close to the school house. They could go there, play for a while, and still make it back before the recess was over.

Apple Bloom loved her friends dearly. It was one of her traits that she thought made her endearing, if not really special: most ponies she knew of loved her friends. Sort of what made them Equestrian, she figured, and not some Badland pony with a shiny coat. She honestly cared about what ailed them and for all intents and purposes, a Sweetie Belle or Scootaloo problem was an Apple Bloom problem. That meant more than anything that she felt as though she had the answers to their problems, even if it in some manner ignored the essential differences that made them unique. For Apple Bloom, life was a simple and direct thing and the problems that arose had equally simple solutions. All of this worrying and fussing seemed silly. But silly problems were problems all the same, a lesson even the big ponies had to learn sometimes.

Sweeit Belle continued to wail and whine while Scootaloo didn't seem all that keen on supporting her. What was with the pegasus? Sweetie and Apple Bloom were always ready to help Scootaloo through some problem but if she had Rainbow Dash on her mind, well, the other members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders would need to be in the gullet of a dragon to get her attention as far as Apple Bloom was concerned. The little Earth filly met Sweetie's watery, tear-vergin' eyes and put a re-assuring hoof on her shoulder. It also had the benefit of trying to keep the unicorn upright. She disagreed with both of her compatriots on the spelling issue; if you spelled something silly, you'd pronounce it silly, then you'd look silly, your teacher would grade you silly, and you'd feel silly!

[colour=#ff0000]"It ain't a big deal, Sweetie Belle! All you gotta do is focus on whatcha gotta do. Ah don't reckon that ya hafta pay the audience a lick of attention. Just imagine..."[/colour] She put her hoof up to her chin in thought, [colour=#ff0000]"...an orchard with no trees, or a field with no flowers,"[/colour] Her ears sagged, [colour=#ff0000]"well, those are some awfully depressin' images. Just try imaginin' that tha room's empty. And why should it bother ya? Why, you have a real cute voice! Yer probably the best soundin' filly this side of Canterlot!"[/colour] She ended on an encouraging note, trying to ruffle her mane a little.

Then Winter Dazzle approached, awfully chipper about the toy that had just come in from Canterlot. It was something to be excited about for sure, if Winter's previously super descriptive description of her highly description worthy toy. It was nice to have something to do with her study buddy besides studying, which in all truthfulness was a bore. She didn't even bother waiting for Apple Bloom to say she was free, instead just galloping off of school grounds. Apple Bloom bit her lip. She didn't want to leave Sweetie like this, but Winter hadn't given her the ability to tell her that she was busy and it had to wait.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah'll be back right quick, Sweetie Belle, before recess is over!" [/colour]She hurried off in a flash, casting a few apologetic looks back before fully committing herself to ditching the grounds for a few minutes. She jumped the fence in her best rodeo Applejack imitation and charged after Winter Dazzle.

[colour=#B22222]"Git back here, ya crazy frog!" [/colour]Haywire shouted as she continued to chase the leaping amphibian around the schoolyard. The rust colored filly pursued it everywhere, passing by and even THROUGH some of her classmates in her endless pursuit of the elusive frog. As she bumped into random fillies and colts, she'd utter [colour=#B22222]"Cuse me" "Surry" "Comin' through!" [/colour]and other phrases like that. Finally, after a long chase, Haywire pounced on the frog to catch it and quickly place it in her saddlebag.

[colour=#B22222]"Finally caught that rascal! Looks like THIS day was a good day at school after all!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]Snips had been quietly watching all the other presentations, still running through his own report in his head. He was not very confident in this report, so he had not volunteered to go. In fact, he was kinda dreading Miss Cheerilee calling on him. Oh, his assignment was done, but, well, even his dad hadn't been able to help him much.

When the new pegasus has given her report and mentioned a play, Snips had locked eyes with Snails. He didn't know much about this "Charlotte's Web" book, but if the one of the main characters was some kind of talking spider, He know Snails would be interested. When Snails mentioned 'special effects,' Snips' eyes went wide. He was suddenly picturing a 20-hoof tall spider created on the stage. "Oh, yeah!" he agreed, brightly "We could do that!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]Snips nearly burst himself by holding back his laughter during Diamond Tiara's presentation. He know that Miss Cheerilee would not be happy if he burst out laughing, but it was a near thing. He wondered what fate could have befallen Tiara if SHE had been the one in the candy factory...[/colour]

[colour=#696969]Finally, Cheerilee dismissed the foals to recess. Snips breathed a sigh of relief, and slipped past his over-burdened saddle bags to the door. His presentation had been put off, at least of a little while. The colt moved to find Snails. He needed to have a talk with his friend. "Snails, man," he said in a low voice, "What're you doing talking to Silver Spoon? You know she's nuthin' but a bully!"[/colour]

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

Diamond Tiara trotted out of the classroom with a smirk on her face. She was in a good mood after clearly impressing the teacher with her homework. She waited outside the door for Silver Spoon. As she waited, she noticed the pony who was talking about the play earlier, sitting at the picnic table. Maybe if Diamond got in her good books now she could guarantee the starring role.

[colour=#9966ff]"Hey there, uh, Rosehip, right?"[/colour] she said.[colour=#9966ff] "Nice to meet you properly, I'm Diamond Tiara. I love your bow! It's SO you!"[/colour] Diamond made sure not to mention the glasses just yet. Be nice when you want ponies to be nice to you, that's what Daddy taught her. [colour=#9966ff]"So, this play of yours sounds like it will be really fun! I'm looking forward to it! Have you, uh, thought about who should play which characters yet?"[/colour]

At her house Dazzle quickly opened the door and let Apple Bloom in, Apple Bloom had been in her room before so she knew how to get in there and with a sly grin Dazzle started rummaging through her boxes of things from her Canterlot house.

[colour=#00ffff]"I know that it is in here somewhere, perhaps this box."[/colour] She said rummaging around and digging deep as things like socks and saddles as well as other 'upper crust' items flew out from the boxes and landed softly in huge piles on her floor. Her room would HAVE to be cleaned after they were done at school. She was sure that they were going to have all of the fun and nothing was going to stop them. A few more minutes of digging and THERE IT WAS, Dazzle had found it, the toy to end all toys.

It was a vintage one of a kind never before played with original edition Daring Do. Sure it had been opened and sat on a shelf but that hardly counted as play, perhaps it would be Apple Bloom who...broke...it in.

[colour=#00ffff]"Here it is! Behold in all of its glory!"[/colour] She giggled as she sat the toy down in front of Apple Bloom. Waiting for her to play with it and hoping that she had pleased her friend.

Dazzle had always been a nice pony to know if you wanted some relatively fancy schmancy toys that you couldn't find locally. Having family in the big apple certainly helped little apples, a factoid that Apple Bloom herself had learned dearly very recently. It had built the cornerstone of their friendship, at least. Dazzle had toys and Apple Bloom wanted to play with them; few things were as pure and simple a motivation as that to a kid to form the basis of a consistently strong friendship.

The two made it to Dazzle's room and found themselves quickly staring at a priceless Daring Do toy. It was old, but not at all weathered, in pristine condition. These old windup toys were usually pretty simple, but through the built in cracks in the meeting between haunch and torso, she could see the grand complexity of it. True Germaneic craftsponyship.

[colour=#ff0000]"Wow! That's a dandy, Dazzle! How in the wide, wide world of Equestria didja find one of these things? When Ah 'eard Diamond Tiara mention'em, it was like they were a myth! And if she couldn't get her hooves on one, then they must be rare!"[/colour] Apple Bloom exclaimed as Dazzle pushed the toy towards her. Apple Bloom blushed- it was really nice, a kind gesture, but she was more than a little worried about breaking something of this rarity.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah-ah can't, Dazzle. It's a mighty fine gesture and all, but Ah'm too afraid Ah'd break it!"[/colour]

Archived