[Ponyville] Class Is In Session (Open to Ponyville Fillies and Colts)

SteelEagle

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip glanced up at the pony that asked her if she needed any help and she smiled, wrapping a hoof around his shoulder 'Well Hello THERE ! Yes Indeedy I do! Can you round up everypony that mentioned interest in the play and bring them here? Thanks you are a DOLL" She flashed him an award winning smile and pushed up her glasses as Diamond Tiara came over "Oh thanks, It's mostly to compliment the colour of my mane" She fluffed her mane slightly, she could be a little vain sometimes.

"Well not a whole lot of thought no " She tapped her chin with her hoof and then glanced at Diamond Tiara, moving in to look her up and down "BUT you look like you would make a GREAT Fern Diamond Tiara" She said and grinned "I'd need t' hear your singing voice cause Fern sings the first song, and your friend Silver Spoon looks like she'd make a pretty good Charlotte..."

SilverSpoonBanner.png

"Like REALLY!?" SilverSpoon gasped at that and looked genuinely THRILLED to hear that "Ohmigosh Tiara! Did you hear that? I could be the star of the play!" She bounced on her hooves a little bit and then coughed calming down flicking her braid "You are like totally cool, and I LOVE your glasses! Their like JUST like mine but Green instead"

This was true it was the same shape and all, pity she had a loser bow in her hair...though AppleBloom really wasn't that bad, Silver Spoon hoped she liked the present she had given her before class.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recess ... it was just what was needed to break up any monotony in the day. Not that the book reports were boring, but the students would be more attentive if they got a chance to run their little hooves.

Cheerilee sighed happily as she waited for the foals to make their way outside, which they did with the usual enthusiasm. Before she could join them, though, Silver Spoon came to state her case. Certainly believable, given how Haywire was, but it wasn’t beyond Silver Spoon to misdirect blame onto a pony she didn’t like either. [colour=#800080]“Oh ... all right, Silver Spoon, go ahead and get some fresh air and stretch your hooves.”[/colour] It would be tricky to figure out what exactly had happened and it wasn’t a big deal since little Silver wasn’t in trouble, so Cheerilee decided to let the whole thing go without further comment - but made a mental note to keep more of an eye on Silver Spoon and Haywire.

The purple mare trotted outside into the morning sun after her students. Already they had scattered around, each to their own whim. Cheerilee handled recess pretty loosely - as long as they weren't causing trouble, picking on each other, or leaving school grounds, she left them to their own devices. No foal wanted some "uncool" adult pony hovering over them during their break.

Cheerilee looked around as she stepped outside, checking over the students. One of the new students, Rosehip, was doing well meeting other ponies, and already had a small group gathering around her. Twilight Shine, the other new student, seemed more reserved but was doing ok. But she couldn't see all the foals - had some of them run off of the school grounds or just out of view? She was going to search for them, but then she spotted Sweetie Belle under a nearby tree looking dejected… If the little white unicorn didn’t have a friend to talk to, maybe a teacher would do.

Scootaloo's friends all appeared to be all busy with their own kind of fun, and Scootaloo wasn't willing to wait around for them anymore. She wanted to run! Jump! Bounce around! But she certainly wasn't going to it alone, oh no!

[colour=#cc0066]"ALRIGHT EVERYONE!!"[/colour]

She hollered at the top of her little lungs,

[colour=#cc0066]"I'M IT AT TAG!!! EVERYONE WATCH OUT OR I'LL TAG YOU!!!"[/colour]

The yellow unicorn was surprised at Rosehip's excitement and friendliness. Usually, at least to him, it took time to warm up to ponies, but that was probably due to his shyness rather than them.

[colour=#DAA520]"Ok, I'll go see if I can find some ponies," [/colour]Light said with a smile as he too off across the playground area. He saw that some ponies were already involved in tag, so the chances of getting them to stop and meet Rosehip was probably as good as trying to herd cats.

He then noticed that there was one pony who was not interested in tag. In fact she wasn't doing much at all besides sitting by a tree. Approaching closer, Light saw it was Sweetie Belle and she looked like she was to the point of breaking out in tears. Light hated to see to see his classmates so sad. Although he didn't know Sweetie Belle too well, he figured he'd give it a try to talk to her.

[colour=#DAA520]"Hi there Sweetie Belle. are you ok?" [/colour]

Winter Dazzle looked at Apple Bloom with a curious face.

[colour=#00ffff]"Whatever do you mean where did I get it?"[/colour] She slid the toy closer to her friend.[colour=#00ffff] "My parents know a collector of these sort of things and bought it from him so that I at least had something from the house."[/colour] She giggled softly as she looked at Apple Bloom, was she entranced by this filly or did she just seem to act strange around her it was hard to tell. She stood up and turned around swaying her flank back and forth as she went and closed the curtains to her window and swung her door closed.

[colour=#00ffff]"There, now we can play in peace!"[/colour] Dazzle proclaimed and started rummaging through the box to find a few other toys that were....less expensive to say the least. It was true that Dazzle had an obsession with these toys though and if one were to be broken she would have no idea what to do with herself. She watched Apple Bloom almost studying her at points making sure that her friend was ok.

[colour=#00ffff]"Would you like some water? Or perhaps some food?"[/colour] She wanted to make things perfect for Apple Bloom but there was this nagging feeling in the back of her head that something was about to go oh so wrong yet oh so right.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom should have known better than to have doubted Winter's parents who Apple Bloom had yet to meet. They almost always managed to acquire some new toy that sent their daughter into a tizzy and Apple Bloom had seen this more than once. She guessed her question had been less of a real one and more of a response to seeing such a rare toy. Under normal circumstances she would have wanted to show the toy to Rainbow Dash or Twilight and see how Daring Do nerds responded to the rarest Daring Do toy, but that seemed a little rude. And silly. And she was a silly pony but she didn't think of herself as rude. She nodded as Winter went on, inspecting the mechanical workings of the piece in front of her. It was really well-made and probably expensive. The perfect toy for a rambunctious filly.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah actually, water sounds great Winter!" [/colour]Apple Bloom chirped back, still looking at the toy like one might inspect a precious stone. It was an important part of a filly's day when she countered a brand new toy, like a dog encountering a cat for the first time. The results were oddly enough often the same, with broken stuff laying about and at least one angry pony telling everypony else what exactly had gone wrong. Then there was rubbing behind the ears.

As Dazzle did what she did, Apple Bloom gently picked the toy up in her hooves. It felt so light! Maybe she was secretly a strong pony due to all the farm work, but that didn't seem as likely as the wonderful construction of the toy being so amazingly light. Most toys of it's size were heavy wooden blocks with gears, bulky and weighty. This, like the mare in the books, was light and breezy. Apple Bloom wound the toy up and heard a series of eight audible clicks. Then she released and watched Daring go!

Her wings flapped elegantly, she reared accurately, and she even trotted forward. Apple Bloom smiled broadly as she watched the adventurer travel the distance of her hoof before hitting the nail that formed the edge of the hoof. She was too busy watching the wings to notice the toy tipping over until it was nearly too late. When she did notice, she in a panic tried to catch it. Instead of helping matter, her left hoof went flying into the toy and sent it rocketing right into one of the wooden supports of Winter's bed. Apple Bloom felt herself freeze in place before one of her hooves flew to her chin in a moment of disbelief. She stood up and approached the wreck of the toy, gears and other mechanical thingie mobobbers poking out, flying out, or rolling away from the wreck. Her left wing still flapped, but the right was crumbled and destroyed as was most of her body. She didn't even bother looking at the internal mechanications; the filly was already mostly mute in horror, no reason to become traumatized.

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh, sweet Luna's mane what just happened?!"[/colour]

Sweetie Belle looked up to Apple Bloom as she tried to reassure her, and to give her comfort ... she started to give a wan little smile, the corners of her mouth starting to bravely turn up ... [colour=#800080]"Well, I -"[/colour]

And then Apple Bloom turned around, and she abandoned Sweetie Belle, too, hurrying off to play with someone else. Not only did the corners of Sweetie's mouth turn down, but her eyes and pupils grew bigger, and just a little watery ...

How could this be? She thought that Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were her bestest of best friends! How could they just ... leave her, like this, so they could play with other people?

And as Guiding Light came up, the full impact of that watery, slowly breaking-down gaze turned to him, and her mind completely quailed at trying to explain the full extent of what was going wrong, to him. [colour=#800080] "N...Nooo?"[/colour] she answered, weakly, trying not to let her voice break completely. [colour=#800080]"EVERYTHING'S wrong!"[/colour] she answered, and her voice caught, and she took a deep, gulping breath, as tears started to leak further down her face, against every attempt she made not to cry where everypony could see her!

And as she saw Miss Cheerilee coming towards her, too, she quailed at the thought of trying to tell *her* what was wrong, and found herself on her feet, running off in yet a third direction from her other two friends, brushing past Guiding Light with bright, shining tears floating in the air, and making a broad circle around the Recess Field to try to find someplace to hide behind the school. She couldn't start crying in front of everyone, she just couldn't!

Guiding Light expected that Sweetie Belle would be happy to see him. But coming closer, he could see this was not the case. The poor filly eyes were watering and her face wore a frown. This made things even more tragic considering that the colt always saw the filly happily gamboling about with her friends. The fact that her friends were not with her was equallty troubling.

The pony suddenly tore off past him as Light could feel a spray of tears fall on his face. He felt bad for making her even more upset, and he felt even worse that she couldn't see that he was trying to help her.

[colour=#DAA520]"Am I really that not liked that ponies won't talk to me and run away," [/colour]he asked no pony in particular, [colour=#DAA520]"I just don't know what I'm doing wrong."[/colour]

With a sigh he looked around the recess area, hoping to find Sweetie Belle. Maybe he could at least see if she was ok if she didn't want to talk with her. And perhaps he could find some ponies for Rosehip's play.

Haywire was so proud that she had finally caught the frog she'd been chasing. Then it began to soak in her mind that she had actually met the author of the book she was supposed to have read. While she was pondering this, she heard some pony shout out something about tag and 'being it.'

[colour=#FF0000]"Game of tag! Count me in!" [/colour]the rust coloured filly shouted as she sat her saddlebags down by a fencepost and began to look around. Since Scootaloo was 'it', Haywire took off like a shot! She loved playing tag because she had lots of experience running away from other ponies trying to catch her. Of course, most of THOSE times involved her being chased for good reason by angry ponies or classmates, but it was running experience all the same. This made her rather fast for her age and size and Haywire would use this to her advantage. To avoid Scootaloo's 'tagging', the blonde filly zipped past Diamond Tiara and Rosehip, then she darted past AppleBloom and Winter Dazzle.

[colour=#FF0000]"A'int nopony gonna git me!" [/colour]Haywire proudly announced as she ran through the playground like her tail was on fire. Turning away for a second to look back, the galloping filly didn't see the toy train in her path and tripped on it. Falling forward and rolling like a barrel, Haywire managed to barely miss more of her fellow students until her 'rolling' was stopped by an apple tree in the middle of the yard. The 'crash' was quite spectatular as a dizzy Haywire slowly got up on all fours, just in time for several falling apples to bounce off her head. It was then she noticed Sweetie Belle, who seemed to be running, but not because of the tag game.

[colour=#FF0000]"Somethin' ain't right here, I best find out what's goin' on," [/colour]Haywire said as she rushed alongside the weeping filly. [colour=#FF0000]"Sweetie Belle? Y'all seem real sad 'bout somethin', what's it all about? Maybe I kin help!"[/colour]

Cheerilee was right - there was definitely something upsetting Sweetie Belle, but what was it? As the little white filly ran off around the schoolhouse, Cheerilee wondered if her own approach had triggered the panicked response. It wouldn't be the first time a foal in her class had a problem they didn't want to talk to grownups about. Sweetie needed a peer to talk to, a friend.

The problem was, her usual companions hadn’t taken notice, or weren’t around. Cheerilee hadn’t even seen Applebloom since she went outside; hopefully the farm filly hadn’t taken the opportunity run around off school grounds! Scootaloo seemed oblivious, perhaps she didn’t notice? Guiding Light, however, had noticed, and seemed willing to help. But also seemed to need encouragement. Cheerilee walked up to the confused and mournful colt, [colour=#800080]“I think she just needs somepony to talk to who isn’t an adult, a friend, she only panicked and ran because I was coming, why don’t you give it another shot?”[/colour] Cheerilee ruffled his mane, hoping those words of encouragement helped. Despite her calm approach, though, she was worried. What could possibly be taking Sweetie so badly?

Dazzle stood in the doorway to her room, mouth agape, and looked at the shattered toy parts around her room.

[colour=#00ffff]"What.....what.....I...What happened?"[/colour] She started to frantically look about the room trying to find all of the parts.

[colour=#00ffff]"That toy was worth more bits then this house was!" [/colour]She didn't intend to yell but that toy was one of the most expensive things Dazzle had ever owned and Apple Bloom broke it. Was it a bad thing to say that she strangely looked good doing it? Or at least her face drew Dazzle's attention and mesmerized her for a moment or three as she simply gazed over Apple Bloom rather then the toy.

[colour=#00ffff]"You, you broke the toy. However am I going to tell my parents about this? AND I have to get it replaced..."[/colour] She let out another sigh as she felt more miserable then she had when she originally saw the toy broken since now she could tell that she had feelings for Apple Bloom and it wasn't the kind of feelings that would simply go away with the blink of an eye or the wave of a hoof.

Dazzle stood in the doorway to her room, mouth agape, and looked at the shattered toy parts around her room.

[colour=#00ffff]"What.....what.....I...What happened?"[/colour] She started to frantically look about the room trying to find all of the parts.

[colour=#00ffff]"That toy was worth more bits then this house was!" [/colour]She didn't intend to yell but that toy was one of the most expensive things Dazzle had ever owned and Apple Bloom broke it. Was it a bad thing to say that she strangely looked good doing it? Or at least her face drew Dazzle's attention and mesmerized her for a moment or three as she simply gazed over Apple Bloom rather then the toy.

[colour=#00ffff]"You, you broke the toy. However am I going to tell my parents about this? AND I have to get it replaced..."[/colour] She let out another sigh as she felt more miserable then she had when she originally saw the toy broken since now she could tell that she had feelings for Apple Bloom and it wasn't the kind of feelings that would simply go away with the blink of an eye or the wave of a hoof.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

All Apple Bloom could do was sit there mute, flat on her rear as she looked at the wreck in mute horror. Poor Dazzle was having a freakout, even Abby could see her that her teal eyes were stricken with a sense of panic normally reserved for Applejack in...oddly familiar territory. Maybe it was all tied to Apple Bloom and her fierce way with toys and items, but she'd seen that look before. It reminded Apple Bloom that for all of her gusto and her drive she was a little filly and that gusto and drive could produce some poor results for others. There was little that could be said or done by dazzle or anypony else that would make Apple Bloom feel worse than she did at that moment in time, but darn it if Dazzle wasn't making a concerted effort to drive the filly into the ground with stunning guilt cracking against her backside.

That toy cost more than the house? Apple Bloom didn't really buy that for a moment in time, but she was a bit too preoccupied with her guilt to question anything. How much did the house cost, thirty, maybe thirty five thousand bits? Apple Bloom had never heard of a toy going for more than a thousand and she had heard a lot streaming from Diamond Tiara's mouth when it came to expensive stuff. But then again, that Daring Do toy was- had been- one of the rarest toys ever. It could easily have been much more. And the way dazzle was reacting told Abby that even if the true cost wasn't as high as she was making it seem to be, the toll it took on her was more than enough to warrant the guilt Apple Bloom felt. Bits could be replaced but that toy was near priceless and Apple Bloom couldn't even fathom her parents' reaction. It was this that brought the filly to action.

[colour=#ff0000]"Don't tell 'em! Uhh, err, n-no need ta tell 'em, 'cause Ah can fix it!"[/colour] She said, starting at the broken, hopelessly complex toy, [colour=#ff0000]"well, Ah think Ah can...or Ah can at least try..."[/colour] She said, poking at the mess before rearing back up.

[colour=#ff0000]"Recess must be ov'r pretty soon, Dazzle. We should get back before Cheerilee finds out we ditched,"[/colour] She finished lowly, slowly backing out of the room like it was preparing to explode with any sudden movement.

"Well not a whole lot of thought no, BUT you look like you would make a GREAT Fern Diamond Tiara. I'd need t' hear your singing voice cause Fern sings the first song, and your friend Silver Spoon looks like she'd make a pretty good Charlotte..."

"Like REALLY!? Ohmigosh Tiara! Did you hear that? I could be the star of the play!"

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

[colour=#9966ff]"Uh..."[/colour] Diamond Tiara was speechless. Did that really just happen? Did Silver Spoon just get the starring role without even trying? How as this possible? Silver Spoon was just... well, Silver Spoon. [colour=#9966ff]"...great! That's great Silvy! But, um..."[/colour] Diamond put a hoof over Silver Spoon's shoulder and gently turned her away from Rosehip for a moment. [colour=#9966ff]"Are you, like, going to be okay with the starring role? Lots of ponies will be watching you. I don't want you to get stressed out or anything."[/colour]

Dazzle followed Apple Bloom back to the schoolhouse and entered it and quickly took her seat and started to rifle through her papers and tried find her book report that she swore was right here...Her thoughts now only filled with visions of Apple Bloom tied up and being tickled filled her head as no matter how hard she tried she could not find her book report.

[colour=#00ffff]"It was just right here!" [/colour]She kept digging, it had to be in here somewhere she had just had it out and sat it into the book cover before she left, unless it fell out while they were gone! That was it that is where it had to be, it might have just fell and landed on the floor and as she squinted her eyes and looked around the room there it was right below Apple Bloom's desk.[colour=#00ffff] "Oh cruel world why!"[/colour] She muttered to herself as she sprinted towards the desk and dove under it to retrieve her book report and upon grabbing it she tried to jump up out from under the desk and simply hit her head on the desk and fell back to the floor only able to mutter.

[colour=#00ffff]"Owwie owwie owwie."[/colour]

Sweetie Belle looked up to Haywire and Guiding Light as she came to a stop behind the school, sniffling sadly. Her watery eyes wobbled as she tried to figure out how she could possibly put into words what was wrong. [colour=#800080] "I ... I ... I just *can't* go up to the front of the room and talk in front of everyone! And I wanted to talk to my friends about it, but Scootaloo would rather play Tag than talk to me, and Apple Bloom would rather g-go play with a different friend, and ... and ... and I don't know what to *dooooo*!"[/colour]

Tears spouted from her at that confession, and spilling to either side of the little filly, and her arms went round Guiding Light and Haywire's necks, giving them a sorrowful hug as she soaked them down with her tears.

Haywire immediately hugged Sweetie Belle back. All of the rust coloured filly's problems instantly vanished from her mind as she thought of a way to counsol her sad unicorn classmate.

[colour=#B22222]"I got an idear that usually works fer me when I git nervous in front-a crowds. When I look back at'm, I imagine'm wearin' the silliest clothes I kin think of! Jist like I imagine Diamond Tiara wearin' a clown costume and Silver Spoon in a ballerina outfit. When ya look at the crowd in silly clothes, then it makes ya a lot more relaxed. Trust me on this'n Sweetie Belle, it works everytime!"[/colour]

Haywire smiled wide, hoping that the words she spoke would help her unicorn friend out.

With the words of encouragement from her teacher to keep trying, Guiding Light went to see what was the matter with Sweetie Belle. He hated to see a classmate so sad and wanted to try to help her in any way he could.

Forutnately he was able to find her along with Haywire and she was this time open to what her problems were. Light understood the problem of not being comfortable standing in front of class to give a speech. He used to be so petrified that he'd choke up when having to read anything. Now he was better with reading in front of others, but not perfect.

What was really upsetting was that her friends and fellow Crusaders who were beside her were not, letting her suffer in her time of need. Before he could offer any help, Swetie Belle grabbed hold of him and Haywire and held them close as if she was afraid they'd abandon her. Light could feel the unicorn's tears dripping on his body, bathing him in her misery.

[colour=#DAA520]"I can be your friend," [/colour]Light said softly, [colour=#DAA520]"In fact I've always wanted to be your friend. I guess I was just too shy to talk to you until now. Do you want me to be your friend?"[/colour]

Light listened to Haywire's idea about picturing ponies wearing silly clothes.

[colour=#DAA520]"That's a great idea. When I read I just picture that I'm reading something to myself with no other ponies around. That may help."[/colour]

8nMQp.png

The future nurse to be had been surprised that it was break already. She had missed a good chunk of class today, didn't she? She was a little ashamed, and tried to dodge Cheerilee's watchful eyes as she made her way outside. She didn't really need the breaks in general, but it was a good opportunity to spend some time with her classmates. Between all the volunteer work she did, there wasn't much free time left for things like play-dates and the like.

After she had sat near a tree for a short while, she noticed that Sweetie Belle seemed to be upset, and Haywire and Guiding Light were already comforting her. But she was crying! Maybe she was hurt? Some kind of injury? Maybe some kind of ailment she could treat?!? Her training might finally come in handy.

She came closer and heard Sweetie Belle talk about her problem, and she realized quickly that this wasn't a medical emergency, so she would probably be of little help.

[colour=#ee82ee]"I u-understand, Sweetie Belle. I g-get really nervous so-sometimes, too."[/colour] She thought on it for a moment. There had been that one instance where she had been really nervous in the hospital meeting a new batch of patients. One of the nurses had taken her to the side and...

[colour=#ee82ee]"You know, when I'm nervous in the hospital, I use t-these."[/colour] She reached into her saddlebag, and produced a single, quite ordinary looking band-aid. [colour=#ee82ee]"I know it looks like a n-normal band-aid, but do y-you know those big band-aids that old p-ponies use that warm the muscles when they get cramps? It's similar to those, but instead of h-helping with pain, it makes you l-less nervous. Just put it on your f-foreleg, and rub it a little when you are feeling nervous, and it re.. releases homeopathic placeboiotics onto your skin and m-make you less n-nervous." [/colour]She nodded solemnly. [colour=#ee82ee]"It's very scientific." [/colour]She added, pleased with her explanation. She smiled brightly.

Of course she already knew better. It was an ordinary band-aid. One of the doctors had explained it to her once. Sometimes doctors would give out ineffectual medicine and pretend like it was real, and in many cases they actually helped, even though there wasn't a scientific reason for it. He called it the.. somethingsomething-effect. She had forgotten. But she was very proud with the explanation she had come up with on the spot. I just sounded so right! Now she just had to hope that the unicorn filly would go for it. It had totally worked on her on her first day in the hospital.

Sweetie Belle giggled softly at Haywire's idea, and nodded a little bit, giving Haywire and Guiding Light a squeeze, but not able to quite talk just yet, as they talked to her ... she hoped her hug would answer Light's question.

But then, as Nursery Rhyme came up with her amazing magical band-aid, Sweetie Belle's eyes widened, and she finally spoke again. [colour=#800080]"Wow!"[/colour] she said, drawing her hooves from around the other two foals and holding out her foreleg so Nursery Rhyme could apply it. She looked up, smiling a little carefully, her cheekfur still stained from her crying. [colour=#800080] "Of *course* we're all friends!"[/colour] she said fervently, her voice squeaking with the sudden enthusiasm. [colour=#800080]"You're all so *nice*!"[/colour]

She used her other foreleg to rub her cheeks clean as she gave an energetic sniff to clear her nose, and smiled a bit more broadly. [colour=#800080] "Diamond Tiara as a clown."[/colour] She gave a soft little impish giggle. [colour=#800080]"Oh, that's great! And Snips and Snails wearin', um ... parachute pants an' big sunglasses! Who else?"[/colour]

Although Sweetie Belle couldn't speak, Light knew that they were friends from the hug she gave. Finally she spoke and with an adorable sueak to her voice confirmed that she was friends with not only him but everyone around her.

The colt couldn't help but giggle as Sweetie pictured certain ponies dressed in crazy clothes.

[colour=#DAA520]"That would be funny to see. Hey, i know what we can do. Sweetie, do you want to read your book report to us now? It'll be like a rehersal before a play. What do you say? We're all friends here of course."[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

Cheerilee began to smile; whatever ailed Sweetie Belle it looked as if the other students were going to be there for her. The schoolmare couldn’t help have her heart warmed by the sight. Her class may be one of the most rambunctious, impish, and occasionally unintentionally calamitous in Equestia but they were, deep down, good foals with hearts of gold, well most of them anyway, and that made it all worth it. Hopefully whatever distressed the white unicorn filly will be worked out by recess end.

As Cheerilee looked about, it appeared most of today’s class was in view, however she couldn’t spot Winter Dazzle, nor Applebloom; the latter especially conspicuously absent given the duress her fellow crusader appeared to be in. They had better not have wandered off school grounds! Winter Dazzle was already staying after school for tardiness; Cheerilee didn’t revel in the idea of adding a Saturday detention to her queue. She seriously contemplated having to start taking students with her on errands the way they kept accumulating detention time. [colour=#800080]“Has anyone seen Dazzle, or Applebloom? I don’t see them anywhere!”[/colour]

For Reference:

Late and thus in trouble ;):

Silver Spoon

Rosehip

Winter Dazzle

Gave reports:

Applebloom

Snails

Rosehip

Diamond Tiara

Volunteered to go next:

Scootaloo

Haywire

Guiding Light

Others to still give reports:

Sweetie Belle

Nursery Rhyme

Snips

Silver Spoon

Winter Dazzle

Dazzle moved from under the desk rubbing her head with one of her hooves.

[colour=#00ffff]"I just hope that we are not actually late."[/colour] She let out a sigh and trotted back to her seat, she didn't think that she had passed out but she sure as heck hurt. [colour=#00ffff]"Apple Bloom we need to talk later for sure, I think I have an idea about how we can fix this."[/colour] She started to mumble her words and let her voice trail off not wanting to actually talk now that the room was filling back up with the other students. Surely there would be something more then just detention for her today, she was being overly distracting today and she had no idea what was even going on with her.

[colour=#00ffff]"I just hope that I don't end up having to serve yet another round of detention at the end of the week."[/colour] She spoke very softly and almost under her breath as she shuffled her papers about and twitched her tail as she took her seat.

Even with everything that happened with Apple Bloom and Dazzle's toy she seemed to be very happy and content with the world as it was, however she couldn't even look at Apple Bloom right now as mixed emotions of anger and acceptance. She wasn't going to let this ruin her day but she was not going to let Apple Bloom forget what she had preformed in that room.

(( I guess we'll have to just cut recess short... ))

Sweetie Belle declined to give her book report early, but she was happy to talk about a lot of other stuff with the other three ponies - her other hoof coming up to rub at the band-aid every so often. It did make her feel better! Science was so amazing. Haywire, unsurprisingly, knew more ways to get into trouble than Scootaloo did, and Nursery Rhyme knew how to *fix* trouble. Sweetie decided those two needed to spend more time together. And Guiding Light was awfully quiet and shy, but awfully nice. She wondered if he had a crush on Haywire or Nursery Rhyme. She'd have to keep her eyes open for that!

She'd forgotten her initial dismay and dread by the time Miss Cheerilee was calling for ponies to come in for the end of recess. [colour=#800080]"Oh!"[/colour] she said, that nervousness suddenly flooding her again. She rubbed several times at the band-aid, taking a calming breath. [colour=#800080]"OK, well, thank you, everyone! Wish me luck!"[/colour] Then she turned and hurried around the school to head on into the classroom once more, taking her seat with little jitterbugs dancing a jitter-dance in her jittery stomach.

When recess ended, Haywire casually walked back into the classroom and took her seat. She was very happy to have been able to help Sweetie Belle out with her advice. The rust coloured blank flank was quietly confident that all of her efforts to dodge giving her book report succeeded. But now, she was especially starting to feel somewhat guilty for not reading the book, having bumped into the author of the book herself! The way Louise LaMare described the book made her want to read it. If only she could have one more day, one more day so she could actually study the book and appreciate all those fancy things Miss LaMare had said about it. Instantly, her fear returned. Haywire looked up at the clock on the wall, wishing that it was already time for school to end. Haywire tried to not look nervous or uptight, but she was clearly scared about being called upon to give her book report.

8nMQp.png

[colour=#dda0dd]"O-oh. I think we need to get back in class." [/colour]Rhyme began, as she spotted her teacher standing in the door to the classroom. [colour=#dda0dd]"Good l-luck, Sweetie Belle."[/colour]

Recess had just flown by once again. But on the plus side, Sweetie Belle seemed far more quiet now. The cream coloured filly was confident that her unicorn friend would be able to hold her book report in front of the class, no problem. Her little trick had been a success. It had also made her forget that she was still potentially in for being late today.

As they returned to the classroom, swiftly dodging Miss Cheerilee's gaze, and instead turning her attention to her school bag. She assured herself that she had all she needed for her own book report. There was the book of her choice, a page of notes, so she wont loose her train of thought when she was up there, in front of the class. She had also borrowed little something from the hospital. A print of something, that would work wonders as visual aid to the passage of the book she had chosen to read from. She had put a lot of preparation into this, and was determined to get a good grade out of this. And maybe, that would make Miss Cheerilee forget her tardiness, as well.

Archived