[Ponyville] Class Is In Session (Open to Ponyville Fillies and Colts)

SteelEagle

Guiding Light was happy that Sweetie Belle appeared more confident in her ability to read her report. Strangely, because she felt confident, it helped the colt boost his ability to read his report, something he was fretting over in the morning. It was the best he could do in such a short time to help the filly out. Light liked Sweetie Belle as she was always kind to him and for the most part was very happy.

The unicorn was also pleased to see that other ponies came to her aid. Light didn't really talk much with Haywire or Nursery Rhyme, but they both appeared really nice. He thought that maybe getting to know them more would be interesting. The more friends he could make, the better.

The colt then heard the tell-tale bell ring, indicating the end of recess. Before he left, he heard Sweetie Belle ask for a little more confidence by asking the ponies to wish her luck.

[colour=#DAA520]"Good luck Sweetie Belle."[/colour]

He then passed by Nursery Rhyme who was getting ready for the book reports.

[colour=#DAA520]"Hey, that was a nice thing with that magic bandaid you gave Sweetie Belle. I hope that helps her."[/colour]

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip listened to the two mares talk but waited for Guiding Light to come back with the others like he said he would, it was to her dismay that the entire recess passed and he NEVER came back, but instead goofed off with Sweetie Belle and Haywire..this made her cheeks glow red with anger as she packed her stuff up "So right! I'll talk to you girls about this some other time" She offered cheerfully, heading inside internally fuming at that colts rude careless disreguard for the ONE small thing she asked him to do!

SilverSpoonBanner.png

SilverSpoon was about to answer Tiara but just bit her lip "I suppose you are right Tia..."She muttered and sighed now feeling her confidence waggle..She moved to head inside and to sit at her desk, she really did feel she could do it! and that nerdy new girl seemed to believe she could..so why didn't her bestie ? Then again she was probably totally jealous that RoseHip had decided she'd be good for the lead...! Oh well there was no going back now..but one of these days she seriously had to stand up to Tiara and do things SHE wanted to do..

Not Today though..

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

After playing tag Scootaloo had hunkered down and was able to write a good book report during recess, she was glad for the time but felt really bad about getting in NO crusader time with her besties, as she headed inside she gave Sweetie Belle a one armed squeeze "You'll do great Sweetie don't worry kay?" Before going to sit at her desk, she was determined to deliver her report the best she could and at the least get a C...? Hopefully a C..a C-? She didn't want to fail and had read a book during Recess about Pepper Pan! The young colt that never grew up and flew off to the magical Neverland every night with his teenie unicorn sidekick TinderBel!

It actually was a good book and Scootaloo hadn't gotten to read it all but she hoped that Miss Cheerilee wouldn't mind a cliff hanger ending..

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had managed to once again be a crushing dissapointment to herself and probably many others, if her swiftly rising tide of self-esteem destroying thoughts were to be believed. The only cutie mark she was ever going to get was a cutie mark in making situations relentlessly poor and unceasingly poor. She had managed to see a friend's new toy and promptly ruin said toy in a matter of moments after first seeing it, a record she was sure to never try to break again. But try as she might, Apple Bloom was sure she'd fail at that, too. She'd muck something else up and add it to the list of things that the farm filly didn't just fail to earn her cutie mark in, but actively believed she made worse by merely attempting it. Oh well. there would be time aplenty to moop around and generally be an insecure filly for a small fraction of a moment in an otherwise wonderful day. She had school to attend or else her hide would be tanned when she got home!

Apple Bloom swiftly darted back towards school, leaping over the fence with abandon. It was tall, sturdy, and generally she didn't think it was the sort of thing she would normally do, but time was of the essence and her mind looked for shortcuts. At a full gallop she leapt over the fence, her bottom hooves s****ing the top of fence just before she landed with only minor balance issues in the playground. All in all, an effort that Scootaloo would have been proud of. A few moments later, her pace slowing down along with her heart rate, Apple Bloom returned to her class and took her seat. She would bask in the unseen glory of her single, brief jump for a while, hopefully long enough to overshadow the myriad problems that only a filly could conjure.

[colour=#ff0000]"Sorry Ah's late, ran inta some...errr, trouble."[/colour]

Cheerilee walked back in with the first batch of her students; to her astonishment, there was little Winter Dazzle, sitting at her desk. [colour=#800080] “Oh! Dazzle, were you in the classroom during most of recess? I swore I saw you leave with the rest of the class. I hope everything is alright.”[/colour] Cherrilee pondered how the little light blue filly got back inside without her even noticing, being so close to the entrance. It wasn’t that important though, at least it meant she was at the school the entire time.

As the class started to settle in their seats, Cheerilee sat herself back behind the desk and looked at the clock. The day was moving fast and there were so many reports to go still! She really hoped they would have the time needed for the afternoon project. She was sure the class would get a big kick out of it. They were such a creative and active bunch.

First thing first though,[colour=#800080] “Scootaloo dear, I believe you asked to go next, so please come on up and tell us all about the book you read.”[/colour] Cheerille thought for a few seconds, it was Haywire and Guiding Light who asked to go after the orange filly; it looked like this would go smoothly after all.

That only left the question of the still absent Applebloom, who was also strangely elusive during recess. Usually when the little Apple filly runs off it is in concert with her two CMC friends, but they were both already back inside, so this was really unusual to Cheerilee. All sorts of hypotheses swirled in the schoolmare’s head including the very worrisome idea that somehow the little yellow filly was hurt somewhere.

But when Applebloom came galloping in; it was apparent she had run some distance, [colour=#800080]“trouble? What sort of trouble? Were you off of school grounds Miss Applebloom?” [/colour]

For Reference:

Late and thus in trouble: :halo:

Silver Spoon

Rosehip

Winter Dazzle

Late but had excuse:

Nursery Rhyme

Gave reports:

Applebloom

Snails

Rosehip

Diamond Tiara

Volunteered to go next:

Scootaloo

Haywire

Guiding Light

Others to still give reports:

Sweetie Belle

Nursery Rhyme

Snips

Silver Spoon

Winter Dazzle

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

"I suppose you are right Tia..."

Diamond Tiara felt a little pang of guilt at Silver Spoon's disappointment, so she decided to throw her a bone. [colour=#9966ff]"Aw, don't be like that, Silvy"[/colour] she said. [colour=#9966ff]"If you go to the auditions I'm sure you'll do okay. You know I'm just looking out for my BFF, right?"[/colour]

She patted Silver Spoon on the back, and then, hearing that recess was already over, she trotted back into the classroom. She hoped that Scootaloo really screwed up her book report. She really wanted to have something to laugh about. Knowing Scootaloo, this was almost inevitable. Diamond smiled to herself.

(OOC: Yes, I'm back. Sorry for the unannounced hiatus.)

Sweetie Belle blinked in surprise as Scootaloo gave her a quick hug. She was going to be mad at her friends for abandoning her, but Scootaloo never hugged them! Ever! No! Wait, she was mad at Scootaloo! Awww, heck. She gave a goofy grin to her pegasus friend and murmured, [colour=#800080]"Thanks, Scootaloo. Good luck to you, too!"[/colour] Course, Apple Bloom didn't say anything. She was all busy having fun with *other* friends, and breaking the rules to do it. Sweetie grumped again, but not as much as before.

She let out a sigh of relief as Cheerilee called Scootaloo up for her turn. Maybe Cheerilee wouldn't remember about her. Those butterflies fluttered in her stomach, some more. She rubbed the band-aid on her leg for reassurance, and gave a little grin to Haywire, Guiding Light, and Nursery Rhyme. She could do it! The class wouldn't make fun of her, no matter how bad she-

Her eyes rested on Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. The flutters started up again...

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

Scootaloo smiled and gave Sweetie a gentle nuzzle before swallowing and picked her book report up and carried it to the front of the classroom, she took a deep breath and held the papers in one hoof as she began.

“My Bookreport is on Pepper Pan, the magical flying pony that took young foals to Neverland with his trusty tiny sidekick TinderBell! They fight pirates, see seaponies, and all sorts of neat stuff!” She said and grinned” My book report is kinda short on accounta I didn’t finish the book” She shook her head but grinned “But you just GOTTA read it! Pepper is a colt that NEVER grows up, and is the fastest flier in all of Neverland! In fact he reminds me of Rainbow Dash!” She got a bit big and shiny eyed for a second as she thought of her hero and let out a sigh.

“Anyways right… I stopped reading cause I was gonna be late to school but where I was at Pepper had just saved the princess TingerFilly and they were having a big adventure, but the evil Captain Hoof was right on their tails! It had me on the absolute edge of my seat!”

She paused for a moment and took a breath sitting the papers on the desk”I’m looking forward to finding out what happens, I hope you read it too! It’s such a good story..” She beamed then and glanced at Miss Cheerilee with a nervous smile “Did I do okay..?”

SilverSpoonBanner.png

SilverSpoon just nodded at her Bestie and gave her a soft smile before going to sit at her desk, hooves folded in front of her and she sighed, only half paying attention to Scootaloo’s book report, glancing down at her own neatly written book report, a small smile coming to her face, she was looking forward to sharing the Swan Princess with her classmates, though was also sorta afraid to… she glanced over at Sweetie Belle, the little filly was still sorta messy faced from crying and worrying, and SilverSpoon for some reason decided to give her a small reassuring smile…

God what was wrong with her today?

RoseHipBanner.jpg

RoseHip was only half paying attention as well, still internally fuming at being stood up by Guiding and the others, but she kept her gaze focused and tried to listen, she was still mentally buzzing about her play, who would play what, where she could host it..all these thoughts buzzed in her head like a unsuitable swarm of bee’s that wouldn’t be satisfied till they were released…today wasn’t going that great, she was in trouble and she really had met no friends… maybe staying in Ponyville was a bad idea… ah well maybe things will get better!

Apple Bloom wasn't necessarily a liar. but she didn't feel the need to throw herself into a vat of boiling hot water in a cauldron in addition to feeling like a pretty dumb filly for having already messed her school day up so uproariously. She looked on over to Sweetie Belle who looked none too happy either, knowing that she had failed her on top of everything else. Maybe Twilight could teach Apple Bloom to reverse time twenty minutes so she didn't mess up three different fillies' day at the same time like some sort of evil clown at a party. And Sweet Celestia, someone strike the memory of her destroying that toy from her mind. Dazzle might have looked okay, but Abby knew that someday she'd get hers in response. She knew to keep all of her dresses hidden for sure.

Back to Cheerilee.

[colour=#ff0000]"Naw, 'course not. Just nicked mah noggin' on tha fence somethin' fierce a while ago, head's got a bit of'n ache to it. Nothing too big, just a bother," [/colour]She told Cheerilee, rubbing underneath her bow for effect. Good thing she did too, 'cause for no really good reason there was an ant. She flicked it off onto the ground and let the matter rest as she paid attention to Scootaloo's report. Not bad for Scootaloo and a whole lot better than her original idea of doing one about Rainbow Dash. It had come across as a bit creepy, even if she would never say that to Scootaloo's face. First on account of it being plain rude to say and secondly she didn't want to get into a fight with her. She'd never been in one with Scoots but pegasi had a reputation! Still though, there were other matters on her mind. She had to make it up to Dazzle, but more importantly, she had to make Sweetie Belle feel better. She had tried her normal routine of encouragement, but had left before the job was done.

There'd be time for that job to start soon enough. For now, attention was on Scoots.

[colour=#ff0000]"Great report, Scootaloo. What's yer favorite part?"[/colour]

Cheerilee listened as Applebloom explained what happened as she ran her forehoof through the earth filly's mane looking for any bumps. [colour=#800080]"Well you seem alright Applebloom, but next time you bump yourself like that, come find me right away and tell me so I can check to make sure you are alright, okay hon? I thought that you had wandered away from the school yard."[/colour] At least Applebloom appeared uninjured, Cheerilee couldn't feel and lumps on the filly's head through her mane, [colour=#800080]"go ahead and take a seat, we need to get through the rest of these book reports before it gets too late in the day." [/colour]

Fortunately the next volunteer, Scootaloo, was all ready to go. Cheerilee wasn't sure what to expect, as Scootaloo, in Cheerilee's view, wasn't a filly that took schoolwork too seriously. The book itself was another tale that the schoolteacher remembered fondly from years passed, which made her smile more than usual, it appeared many of the books the students read were the classics. [colour=#800080]I'll have to be sure to include more lessons on classical literature in the near future[/colour]. Although Cheerilee was happy with Scootaloo's enthusiasm, it was tempered by the revelation that the little orange pegasus didn't finish the book. [colour=#800080]"You did alright Scootaloo, but you really must remember to devote adequate time for your homework, I did give everyone a week to read and come up with a report." [/colour]

Before Cheerilee could ask the class if they wanted to ask anything, Applebloom already had a question for her CMC cohort. As Cheerilee waited for Scootaloo's answer, she already started to write down on her grade sheet: D+ - Good book, great enthusiasm, but didn't finish assignment.

[colour=#800080]"Remember class, if any of the rest of you have any questions, also feel free to ask. Guiding Light, I believe you asked to go next once Scootaloo is done answering questions."[/colour] He was the last volunteer, she would just have to pick a student after that, hopefully they were ready.

For Reference:

Late and thus in trouble ;):

Silver Spoon

Rosehip

Winter Dazzle

Gave reports:

Applebloom

Snails

Rosehip

Diamond Tiara

Scootaloo

Volunteered to go next:

Guiding Light

Haywire

Sweetie Belle

Nursery Rhyme

Snips

Silver Spoon

Winter Dazzle

cO8SHcB.png

[colour=#daa520]Henceforth, the works of the Great Clover the Clever, inspired me to do Journalism![/colour]

Featherweight re-read the final words of his report, for the report due today. Complicated, obscure words that absolutely no-pony in his class can understand? Check. A striking thesis, that grips the heart of the reader like one of Archer's arrows? Check. Unnecessarily long, droning topic paragraphs? A hard-hitting conclusion? Check and check! He had no doubt in his mind, that Featherweight was going to get an A+ on this writing assignment. You know, the usual. This was going to be one easy day. Featherweight wasn't really one to have much of a hubristic attitude, given his rather... lacking body size. But literature was his strong point, and he loved to boast about it, any day he can. Today, was this day.

Featherweight found the liberty to take a nice, long stretch, and placed his hind-legs behind his head. effectively slouching down on his seat. Featherweight closed his eyes, and let out a wiry grin. His crooked teeth, shown in full. He reached out his left fore-leg, and nudged Silver Spoon on the shoulder, who was sitting next to him.

[colour=#daa520]"So, what did you make your report on?" [/colour]- He asked slyly.

He knew it would annoy her to death; exactly why he was doing it!

Sweetie Belle's eyes lit up at Scootaloo's book report, and she straightened up a little bit more. [colour=#800080] "Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!"[/colour] she cried, raising her hoof - but not waiting to be called upon, she too cried out a question. [colour=#800080]"My parents and my big sister Rarity brought me to see Pepper Pan in a play, once! It was really neat! Except they had a mare playing Pepper Pan! But acted like she was a boy! It was kinda silly, but the play was great! Captain Hoof was really mean looking, and he had a big mustache! And his sidekick Mister Sweet was silly! He was the nicest villain I've seen, while Hoof was the meanest! They reminded me of Snips and Snails!"[/colour] OK, so not so much a question as a comment. Or, you know. Several comments. Question, question, question ...[colour=#800080] "Did you think the crocodile was a good-guy or a bad-guy?"[/colour]

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

Diamond Tiara yawned. Scootaloo's presentation had been pathetically short, and thus boring. That fact the she hadn't even finished the book meant that her grade would be terrible, but that wasn't of much interest to Diamond. The pink pony wanted a little entertainment. She put her hoof up in the air.*

[colour=#9966ff]"Scootaloo, if Pepper Pan never grows up, does that mean he doesn't have a cutie mark?"[/colour] she asked with her fake innocent smile at full strength. She didn't really care what the answer was, she just knew it would probably rile Scootaloo up a little.

*OOC: (You can assume she does this after Scoots answers Sweetie's question.)

Ruby Pinch, who had totally been in class the whole time and didn't sneak in after recess, was sitting right behind Diamond Tiara.[colour=#ee82ee] Gosh, she's such a super weenie... [/colour]Pinchy thought to herself after the filly's latest attempt to get under the skin of one of her friends and classmates. But she would never have the guts to say anything like that to her... Not like the Crusaders did. They were so brave sometimes!

But she too had a question! She shot her hoof up in the air and, like the others, immediately blurted out her question.

[colour=#ee82ee]"Do you think you might see the play after reading the book?"[/colour] The way Sweetie Belle described it, it planted the idea of begging her mother to take her to the theater the next time Pepper Pan was showing. It seemed like a really fun and silly story, but she didn't know too too much about it. Captain Hoof sounded like a big meanie, but she was curious about Mister Sweet. A nice villain? And what was this about a crocodile?

But either way, Pinchy was excited for her own report! She worked REALLY really hard on it, and hoped her classmates would be impressed. She wanted to bring her mommy home good news for a change. Maybe then she could go see Pepper Pan as a reward!

Yes... The plan was coming together.

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

She had hoped the Teacher would be lenient but nope! Cheerilee flew her kite with a stick not a string, ah well so long as it wasn't an F+ Scoots was happy! It made her even happier to hear her friends asking her questions! AppleBloom's came first "Oh my favorite part was when Pepper Pan sprinkled them with his fairy dust and they all flew!" Her own tiny wings beating enthusiastically at that. Diamond Tiara's question made Scootaloo growl slightly before she triiied to take a page outa Rainbow Dash's book, Dash wouldn't sweat a big weenie like DT.

"Yes he probably doesn't or ever will have a cutie mark, because Pepper Pan is constant potential...so there" She stuck her tongue out at the last bit, to hay with being all grown up and mature... "Well I've done some..reading on the play, just a little cause I hear they attach the earth pony to a sorta harness and pully so they can fly around! And that it's often a filly or mare rather than a stallion cause they are lighter!" She nodded before scoffing"The Crocodile chases the bad guy! Course he's a good guy!"

The last question was from Pinchy whom had totally been in class the whole time and hadn't just snuck in due to being a late-y pants! "Oh absolutely! I wanna see it!" She grinned, beaming a bit, though her mind instantly went to the thought of her on a harness flying through the air....

SilverSpoonBannerCorrected.jpg

Silver Spoon felt a jab, and she just let out a light sigh, not in the mood to deal with FeatheWeight of all colts today and simply held her hoof up "Shhhh"She scolded, trying to listen, not going to get in trouble twice today! Stupid Haywire was still going to pay, since Cheerilee didn't believe her..ah well, she glanced down at her report on the Swan Princess and smiled a little bit since it was such a lovely story...she reached in her bag and took out her newest smiting piece, a silver necklace with a little silver swan with a bright blue eye made from a gemstone, she moved to put it on, fixing her braid slightly, and adjusted her bangs, took her glasses off and cleaned them before putting them back on, all eager for her report now.

8nMQp.png

Completely engrossed in her preparations, young Nursery Rhyme did take notice of the orange pegasus filly's performance. It had been obvious that Scootaloo hadn't been perfectly prepared, but what she lacked in preparation she easily made up with her enthusiasm for the book. Which was the important part, really.

Nursery slid around on her seat. She always became a little restless right before presentations. Not nervous, of course. No, not nervous, why would she be nervous? After all, she reminded herself, she was very well prepared. All her notes were there, she had her book right in front of her, the important chapters marked already, and of course that special something she had brought from the hospital. Everything was going to be alright. Yes, of course it would be. As long as she was able to convince herself of that.

She didn't care much out of prose, so she didn't really know what the book PepperPan was about beyond what Scootaloo had mentioned, so she refrained from asking any questions. Instead, she just waited and looked alert in case it was her turn already.

It was sure a one-eighty from just before recess, when Miss Cheerilee had to struggle to get anything out of her students. It just proved that a little running about got the juices flowing and the brains pumping, waking them from a slumber. Well, except for Pinchy, who had snuck back in with all the stealth of a ninja. She could probably be a ninja if she wanted on account of no one ever expecting her to be a ninja, making her the perfect candidate. And then she'd attack you and you'd be too amazed and confused to do anything, especially when she stopped halfway and offered you tea and gave one of her soul eatingly adorable smiles. In fact, the more Apple Bloom thought about it, the more it seemed like a possibility. Better keep on the prospective ninja's good side, just in case she had some sort of plan. Speaking of ninjas, Apple Bloom had ninja'd her way right out of trouble with Miss Cheerilee. She didn't feel bad about or nothing because she was already in deep trouble with dazzle, and her thoughts quickly returned to the would-be, could-be ninja-filly.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah heard that thay're gonna have'a showin' of that play at tha end of Winter Wrap Up," [/colour]Apple Bloom added to the conversation the best way she could. The itinerary was always in flux, but there always some sort of celebration, even if informal, after that day of hard, hard work. Plays were common place, and luck had it that Pepper Pan was among one of many that could happen. Of course such a production would be expensive, and being an informal event rather than some sort of officialy sanctioned town event, the budget was small. There was always the chance that the Ponyville Players would put on an improv show like last year instead. Now, Apple Bloom was as nice a filly as you could find and she sure did appreciate the work they put in and there was always the possibility she had just been in a cranky mood and it wasn't as bad as she remembered, but no. Never again. Enough crimes against humor had been committed and she wasn't about to let them out of comedic prison and into her hearth and home again.

Sweetie Belle asked a barrage of questions- well, only one question, but she did unload comment wise on Scootaloo- and Scootaloo was soon swiftly answering every question she could. Good filly that one, and proof positive that the Cutie Mark Crusaders worked well. Apple Bloom brought the...hmm, brains? Awesome bows? Adorable hind legs? She didn't really know but she had a high enough opinion of herself amongst her friends to check the "All of the above" box. Sweetie Belle brought the adorableness and excitement plus a creative spark and energy that Apple Bloom sorely lacked, and of them all, it was oddly Scootaloo who brought the sharp wit when it dealt with ponies outside the group.

And good thing Scootaloo's wit was as sharp as her scooter abilities, or at least as lofty her dreams, a quick crack response at Diamond Tiara hopefully bisecting the invective filly's disdainful manner towards the Crusaders, her pompous and self-congratulatory attitude smothered for a moment. Hopefully, anyway. Time showed that what Diamond Tiara lacked in quick wit she more than amply made up for with it's maliciousness. In a strange sense and in a different world, she could almost come to respect Diamond Tiara's obsessive fixation yet casual action on her hobby. She didn't need to do much, or do a lot, to get under the skins of the Crusaders. Just like a splinter in the white line of your hoof. Almost impossible to get out and maddening with it's low, throbbing pain. Diamond Tiara, the splinter-type of pony kind.

Well, splinter type or no, at least Silver Spoon was less barbaric with them. She teetered between friend and enemy, dependent mostly on the whims of the current situation, but still mostly affixed to Diamond Tiara's ship like barnacles. She was actually a fair it more difficult for Apple Bloom to understand; respectful, derisive, polite, unkind, complimentary, insulting, well-meaning and libelous. She could be good or bad, nice or somewhat wicked, never so bad as Diamond Tiara nor as kind as Apple Bloom's other friends. Apple Bloom had offered her friendship and the response had been positive and kind, yet stormy and even now Apple Bloom didn't know if it was a real friendship or something nebulous, possibly sinister. But she assumed the best in everypony else and Apple Bloom was gonna give her the benefit of the doubt, so she shook her head at Featherweight as he annoyed her. Well, she then turned her head and gave a small smile, if only because she still did kind of deserve it.

The class was buzzing with activity now, and Apple Bloom's mind didn't even need to dwell on the poor events from earlier. Featherweight was going to make his report eventually and Apple Bloom had a sneaking suspicion that he tried to confuse the fillies and colts of his class with his verbiage Ha, well, Apple Bloom wasn't confused, not one bit. She wasn't going to claim she was his match in any way, mind you. After all, she was a dumb little farm filly who got average grades while he was a smart little colt who got excellent grades. But she did think she stood a better chance of understanding what the hay he was saying. There was Nursery Rhyme, who just sat there and looked intensely alert. Well, uhh, stay gold, pony girl. Finally, there was Rosehip, who had been silent for some time. Not exactly activity, but she seemed to bleed some sort of nervousness. Apple Bloom shot her a quizzical look before turning back to Cheerilee.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah reckon that ya read Pepper Pan as a filly too, Miss Cheerilee?"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"Oh, c'mon ya crazy clock, MOVE FASTER!" [/colour]Haywire thought to herself as the blank flank filly continued to stare at the clock on the wall in the front of the classroom. The blonde filly was getting more nervous by the second, wishing there was some way for this class session to end quickly. These thoughts began to form in her mind, in the form of a daydream. Haywire imagined herself as a white labcoat wearing 'mad scientist' in a huge labratory full of boiling test tubes and beakers with long glass tubes running through them. She pictured herself holding up a test tube of green liquid that she had just extracted from her lab table. With a wicked grin on her face, she drank the formula and watched the grandfather clock in the front of the lab as its hands began to spin forward.

[colour=#B22222]"VICTORY IS MINE! I HAVE DONE IT! I HAVE SPEEDED UP TIME!" [/colour]Haywire shouted, instantly prompting her to open her eyes. Only now did she realize that she shouted that last line OUTLOUD for all the class to hear.

[colour=#B22222]"Uh, surry bout that," [/colour]the blue bow wearing filly muttered, her embarrassed state making her blush through her rust coloured coat.

Cheerilee was impressed how her class was paying attention and asking questions of Scootaloo; it was a good sign that they weren’t too bored or disinterested. Cheerilee was proud of that, proud of them; the next generation, still just as enamored with reading as she was. She could have sworn that made her cutie mark sparkle.

Scootaloo herself was also doing well, answering the field of questions with remarkable ease, showing she did know the book after all; perhaps Cheerilee did grade the little pegasus filly too harshly. The school teacher looked at her grading sheet, and crossed out the D+ next to Scootaloo’s name and wrote in a “C”.

[colour=#800080]“Excellent responses Scootaloo, I see you are really enthusiastic about this story; I hope that you will finish it. I promise you’ll find a most creative, wonderful tale!"[/colour] Cheerilee gave an encouraging, hopeful smile to the little filly.

Cheerilee looked at her notes and then the clock, there was still time to get more reports in and still do the big project this afternoon that she just knew they would love! [colour=#800080]Let’s see, who is next, oh right! [/colour] [colour=#800080]Guilding Light volunteered! [/colour][colour=#800080]“Guiding Light? I believe you asked to go next, please come on up and share with the class what book you discovered!”[/colour] The purple school teacher gave him a cheerful smile before turning her hopeful gaze to the rest of the class. [colour=#800080]“Would anypony else like to volunteer to go next after Guiding Light?”[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"VICTORY IS MINE! I HAVE DONE IT! I HAVE SPEEDED UP TIME!"[/colour]

Cheerilee’s eyes widened in shock from the sudden outburst. It was Haywire! Cheerilee facehoofed, what was it with that filly anyway? Was it her mission to make sure she had to stay after school each and every weekday? It sure did seem like it some weeks. [colour=#800080]“Miss Haywire! Is there some reason for your outburst? Something you like to share with the class? Perhaps you simply just wanted to inform us with your interruption about your desire to once again stay after to help clean the school?”[/colour] Cheerilee’s expression went flat, [colour=#800080]“see me after class…”[/colour]

Feel free to chat with each other, this is all about the foals and growing your characters and interacting. Cheerilee won't notice unless it is done in a way where it is obvious you want her to notice

For Reference:

Silver Spoon

Rosehip

Winter Dazzle

Gave reports:

Applebloom

Snails

Rosehip

Diamond Tiara

Scootaloo

Volunteered to go next:

Guiding Light

Haywire

Sweetie Belle

Nursery Rhyme

Snips

Silver Spoon

Winter Dazzle

Ruby Pinch

Featherweight

Guiding Light sat bolt upright when he heard his name being called. it was inevitable, like going to the dentist or having to go to bed early on a school night. Well, he did volunteer, so the blame was all on him.

As the unicorn colt made his way down the line of fellow classmates, he began to worry as one wrong blunder could spell those dozen or so faces suddenly breaking out in laughter at him. But no, he could not, no, would not think he was going to fail. If he thought that then it would most likely happen due to tricking his brain. As so with his head held up high he reached the front on the class and with his magic he levitated the book in the air for all his clasmates to see.

[colour=#DAA520]"Um... hello everypony. My report is on the book Merry Trotter and the Wisard's Gem. This is actually the first book in a series. Anyway it's about a young unicorn named Merry that lives with his mean aunt and uncle until he meets Haggard the giant pony who tells him that he is a powerful unicorn and invites Merry to join Pigmole's School of Spells and Sorcery. It's kind of like Princess Celrestia's School for Gifted Unicorns I guess. Anyway Merry meets some new friends in the form or Harmony Gardner and Long Sneezy and begins his studies but there's a secret that is happening in the school that the three ponies must solve that can relate to a dark wizard called Moldywart. But you'll have to read the rest to find out what."[/colour]

Light then saw Rosehip looking up at him and he realized that in his haste to help Sweetie Belle who was crying he had neglected her request to help her in her play. He felt bad and needed to make it up to her in some way.

[colour=#DAA520]"Oh, and anypony who wants to be in Rosehip's play can meet with her. So... um... any questions about the book?"[/colour]

Pinchy did have a question! Well, two really, but one was for Miss Cheerilee, so it probably didn't count. She was absolutely buzzing in her seat. Normally she would've been bone-shatteringly nervous, because she usually doesn't do any work for her projects, but she worked REALLY really hard on this one, and she just knew it was going to be the best ever! She was dreaming of what it was going to be like to get her first 'A'! She imagined her cheering, she imagined her gloating, she imagined her crying with joy... Or maybe she'll get her cutie mark! Won't that be something?! A good grades special talent?! Maybe that was why she didn't have her cutie mark. She didn't have good grades yet! Pinchy was C-average at best.

[colour=#ee82ee]"Are you gonna read all the books?" [/colour]She asked guiding, shooting her hoof up in the air. Though she didn't wait long ot pose her second question to her teacher.[colour=#ee82ee] "OOO! Oooo! And Miss Cheerile,, can I go next?!" [/colour]Oh she hoped to Celestia she would say yes. The wait was killing her! No, really! She might be fading away due to an extreme level of 'can't-wait' radiation! Or something.

She had her paper, about three pages, all hoof written, and a box! Yes, a cardboard box. WHAT'S IN THE BOX, PINCHY?!

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOX?!

(OOC: I really must apologize for my delays. most of this post will be taken up with recess' events.)

Snails quickly trotted outide when recess was announced, Still excited about the prospect of having parts in the play and doing special effects. maybe all the unicorn foals working together could make the web spell things out too.

The orange foal caught the look of relief on his best bud's face, having an entire recess of time for Snips not to give his report yet.

Suddenly Snips came up and pulled him aside behind the corner, where he missed seeing Applebloom leave the schoolyard.

The foal blushed red and his ears went back at being caught red-hoofed by Snips at being nice to Silver Spoon.

Snails scuffed his hoof in the dirt "[colour=#daa520]Uhhhh w-well... She's kinda, sorta, ...nice when she's not near that Diamond Tiara. Well, yeah she might have cooties and all, but she's like a were-bully, and Diamond Tiara is her Full Moon or sumthin..."[/colour]

He really wanted to tell snips about the Hearts and Hooves card she gave him when they were stuck in a cave with a bear, but he couldnt' make himself say anything about it. What was going on with that?

In fact, his heart raced and his head got dizzy when he thought of Silver Spoon lately, was she making him sick somehow?

He tried to change the subject. [colour=#daa520]"Besides, she's not as cool as makin' special effects fer a play, right? lets brainstorm on it, and talk about Spoony... Ahhh uhhh Slver Spoon later, okay?"[/colour]

(insert Snips reply here... ;)

Hopefully making it through Recess okay, Snails sat down after making sure there wasnt any bubblegum on the seat like a few weeks ago.

He noticed a number of the fillies were upset though. what did they miss out on while they were brainstorming during recess?

Suddenly Haywire who had been spacing out yelled something about making the cock go faster, making him jump in surprise. He shook his head. At least him and Snips werent the ones most in trouble anymore since she came to this school.

His attention was soon grabbed when one of the other colts started reading a report about one of the "Merry Trotter" books. Cool! A giant pony with monster pets!

Cheerilee sat there silently with a happy, encouraging smile as the shy goldenrod colt, Guiding Light, gave his presentation on the book he had read. It was clear that he was quite nervous, yet he kept his composure and that made the purple school-mare proud. The book itself was pretty interesting too, Cheerilee had never read the Merry Trotter books, but she had a good understanding what they were all about. As Guiding Light finished, she looked down for a moment at her paper and drew an "A" next to the goldenrod unicorn’s name. [colour=#800080]"That is a good report Guiding Light, sounds like you really enjoyed it. Does anypony have questions for Guiding Light before he takes his seat and the next pony comes up?"[/colour]

Of course the next question on Cheerilee's mind was who would go next? She had no more volunteers, which meant picking ponies who clearly rather not be in front of class doing an oral report. Cheerilee didn't like having to do that, but it was necessary; fortunately for the school-mare, a new volunteer did emerge, Ruby Pinch, who had totally been quiet and in class the entire time. [colour=#800080]"Sure Ruby Pinch, I look forward to hear what book you have read."[/colour] The statement was truthful on it's head, Cheerilee was genuinely curious what strange story the pink filly had found to write on as Ruby was known for being.. Eccentric.

Feel free to chat with each other, this is all about the foals and growing your characters and interacting. Cheerilee won't notice unless it is done in a way where it is obvious you want her to notice

For Reference:

Silver Spoon

Rosehip

Winter Dazzle

Gave reports:

Applebloom

Snails

Rosehip

Diamond Tiara

Scootaloo

Guiding Light

Volunteered to go next:

Ruby Pinch

Haywire

Sweetie Belle

Nursery Rhyme

Snips

Silver Spoon

Winter Dazzle

Featherweight

((Also following up from recess))

Snips stared up at Snails. His mouth dropped open a bit in shock at the taller colt's words. This was Silver Spoon he was talking about... the same stuck-up filly that made fun of them at every opportunity? The same filly who, along with Tiara, that had once gotten Snips stung by a swarm of angry bees?

In bewilderment, Snips said to his friend "Did you hit your head or something? Have you forgotten..." But Snails interrupted his thought. Snips' brain suddenly shifted over into the potential pyrotechnic pageantry that could come from planning the effects in a play. Wait, had Snails just called Silver Spoon 'Spoony'?? Never mind! That wasn't important right now! The two colts spent the rest of the recess planning a display that was probably inappropriate to the play, and was maybe illegal...

When the bell rang to bring the foals back inside, Snips dragged his hooves back to his desk. Yes, they'd had fun with their planning, but now he knew that soon he'd have to give his report. He eyed the bulging saddlebag on the floor and grimaced, resolving once again to not raise his hoof to volunteer.

Well, at least the next two reports had been interesting. Scootaloo hadn't finished her book, but her report was very energetic! Guiding Light, though, reported on a book Snips had actually read! When Cheerilee prompted the class for questions, Snips raised a hoof. "Guiding Light, what do you think of Professor Snake? Is he a good guy or a bad guy?"

NOW was yet another opportunity to stall the class again. Sure, Haywire was in trouble again, nothing new for her. This probably means staying after class again, but the rust coloured filly was used to this. Right now, her goal was to make these presentations take as long as possible so she wouldn't have to do her book report today. With this in mind, Haywire raised her hoof to ask a question.

[colour=#B22222]"Hay Guiding Light, how are the teachers depicted in that thar book? Are any as nice and sweet and carin' and lovin' and great as our own Miss Cheerliee?"[/colour]

She thought this was a good idea, maybe by 'buttering up' Miss Cheerliee, the blank flank filly could get back in her good graces, FAST.

Guiding Light knew that there would be questions, but he was worried that there would be many or that there would be ones that were too complicated to answer. As luck should have it, only Pinchy Snips and Haywire asked question, and they were easy.

[colour=#DAA520]"Well Pinchy," [/colour]Light said relieved at the questions he received, [colour=#DAA520] "I plan to read them all. I know there's seven in the series, and I'm just on book 2 now. That one's really interesting."[/colour]

After the first question, Light felt that instead of it being an interrogation, it was just like talking to the ponies when at recess or outside of school.

[colour=#DAA520]"As for the teachers, yeah most are nice Haywire. Except for Professor Snake. He's kind of mean to Merry."[/colour]

Light then remembered that Snuips asked about Professor Snake too whether he was good or bad.

[colour=#DAA520]"I really don't know Snips. I mean he is not really nice to Merry, making him stay for detention and saying how he never pays attention. But maybe it's all an act Guess I'll have to find out when I read more of the series." [/colour]

Satisfied that he had given his classmates time to ask and that he answered what questions that were there, Guiding Light let the book float back on top of his head as he returned to his desk, his head a little higher that he was able to make his report without fear.

[colour=#DAA520]"Phew," [/colour]he said loud enough that a few ponies around him could possibly hear as he sat in his seat, [colour=#DAA520]"That went better than I though. Hope I get a good grade."[/colour]

Archived