[Ponyville] Class Is In Session (Open to Ponyville Fillies and Colts)

SteelEagle

SilverSpoonBannerCorrected.jpg

UGH Would Haywire never shut up? It was annoying the way that filly just blathered and blathered and BLATHERED to obviously stall for time, Silver Spoon blinked, temporarily brought out of her thoughts bit DT'S voice, glancing over at her "Hn? Oh I'm like fine, I just um am bored is all" She sat up and did a hair flip "But my presentation will be better, I am always prepared " She had prepared a slide show to point out key moments in the book with illustrations that she had drawn herself on the film! They wern't the best but she had put a ton of effort into the pictures and the writing and hoped and prayed that her book report was good.

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

Scootaloo was only half paying attention to the other reports now, keeping her mind busy by pulling the rest of Peter Pan out and started to read it quietly to herself, slowly finding herself immersed in the rich world shown to her via the pages! The classroom melted into a sea and there she was on a pirate ship! Fighting off hoards of pirates! With her trusty fairy companion right by her side, the wicked Captain Tiara had stolen the fair maid Cheerilee! And it was up to PepperScoots to beat that fiend into OBLIVION!

All in the safety of her imagination, in the classroom she was just sort of staring blanky at the pages as she read them...

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweetie Belle giggled softly at Apple Bloom's description of Twilight, and leaned over to half-whisper, [colour=#800080]"Good thing Twilight never found out we only wanted it for a hoofstool 'cause it was the thickest book we could find!"[/colour] She hid her muzzle behind her hoof as she giggled some more. Then she looked up towards Snips. [colour=#800080]"What's an Animal-fic spell?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

DiamondTiaraBanner.png

[colour=#9966ff]"Ugh, I know, this is so lame! But I bet yours will be awesome, Silver Spoon!"[/colour] replied Diamond. [colour=#9966ff]"Hopefully we'll be done soon. I want to know what Miss Cheerilee is gonna have us do afterwards."[/colour]

(OOC: Sorry for the short post; just trying to push this thing along)

8nMQp.png

Nursery perked her ears as Snips finished his report. Unlike fiction, history was of some interest to her, especially medical history for obvious reasons. And she seemed to recall a piece of trivia about Starswirl the Bearded. She raised her hoof, and began with her questioning voice: [colour=#dda0dd]"S-sorry, Snips? D-did the b-book say a-anything about Stars-swirl the Bearded's w-work about t-the craft of h-horn surgery?"[/colour] She began, already a little uncomfortable for asking a question at all, but winning more confidence as this was one of her favourite subjects. [colour=#dda0dd]"I heard he pio.. pioneered op-operation t-techniques still used t-to this day."[/colour]

He slowly lowered her hoof, wondering if the book in question had covered that kind of obscure part of the greatest conjurer in history's life. Of course she actually already knew all about it, but she wouldn't let an opportunity pass to apply that kind of trivia.

Snips pretty much knew he wasn't going to get good marks on this. He and his dad both had gone through the book, and it left both the unicorns confused or bored. He was about to drag the heavy volume back to his seat, when Applebloom commented that she hadn't liked this book either. He hadn't thought that anypony except maybe Twilight Sparkle had acually read the thing. Wait, why was an earth pony reading a book on magic anyway? Before he could ask though, he found himself bombarded with questions from Haywire.

Confused, he tried to answer. "Err, well, like I said, the book didn't really cover a lot about Starswirl, just the magic he made up. And a lotta that was just hard ta' read." The next pony to speak up was Guidling Light. Light seemed to know a little about Starswirl at least, and commented that he'd tried one of his spells. Snips winced in sympathy when the colt described the explosion. "Yeah, that's why I didn't try anything," Snips responded, "I've had spells go bad like that before... the coffee table was never the same after that."

Sweetie Belle's question was one that Snips thought he might get, but he hadn't been looking forward to it. "Um, that was one of the parts I really couldn't figure out," he explained. "It's supposed ta change something into something else, but I couldn't figure out what!"

Snips could tell his report had bored the class as much as it had bored him. The foals were all mostly talking amoungst themselves until one more question popped up. Snips was surprised that the normally shy Nurery Rhyme had spoken up, but not really surprised by the nurse-to-be's choice of question. Scratching his chin a bit, Snips answered "Ya know, I think there was something in there about that, but it was like 'accelerating the regenerative properties of alicorn' or somethin'."

Seeing no more questions, Snips lugged the heavy book back to his seat. This thing was going back to the libarary as soon as he could get it there. Looking over at Featherweight, he hoped the pegasus' report went better than his had.

Sweetie Belle crouched down behind her desk as Snips returned to his seat, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. She knew Miss Cheerilee had just said that Featherweight needed to go next - but what if she changed her mind and pointed at Sweetie instead? She did her absolute best to look like she wasn't even here... without actually looking absent!

She nudged open her desk and checked her book and her report. They were both there, just like the last fifty times she'd checked... but the book hadn't been inspirational at all! She sympathized with Snips ... reading a book you wanted to be so wonderful, and then it turned out so bad...

Once more, Haywire had been foiled in her attempts to eat away at the time. How the blank flank filly desparately wanted to see this class end VERY SOON! She was as unprepared to give a book report as she'd ever been and the nervousness began to show. Forcing a grin on her face as Snips returned to his seat, the heart of the rust coloured filly was racing. The sweat was rolling off her forehead as she once more looked up at the clock on the wall. It was as if time were somehow frozen. Haywire could swear that the hands on the clock had stopped working altogether! She fought the urge to lift her hoof in the air and ask Miss Cheerilee to check the clock to see if it was still operational.

With a heavy sigh, Haywire slumped back in her seat. When she did, the bag of marbles she had placed at her side suddenly felt her weight upon it as her reared suddenly landed on it. The force caused dozens of her marbles to instantly 'pop' out through the loosely tied opening of the bag and spilled out on the floor behind her. The marbles scattered along the floor, rolling freely as the unsuspecting blonde filly continued to mope. Unknown to her was the fact that many of these marbles were now directly in the path of some of her classmates who might, if they don't notice them, could trip and fall on them.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom feared that Sweetie was going to completely work herself into a ball of nerves and break like a doll on Winona. Now maybe that wasn't the best analogy as she had tied the doll to a sleeping Winona for fun one night and was pretty sure that Sweetie wasn't having any fun at all, but the results might be startling close. Something cute and adorable broken, hopefully less literal and serious in Sweetie's case. Well, there were two methods of solving this problem. She could try to stall the class some more, which would give Sweetie a bit of a reprieve but wouldn't solve the real problem. Or she could get down to Sweetie's level and have a heart to heart and pull her Crusader friend to Apple Bloom's level! Yep, that sounded better, and she'd be darned if she wasn't the best heart-to-heart talking pony this side of the Everfree. Besides, Scootaloo was lost to whatever the hay was going on in her imagination.

[colour=#ff0000]"Sweetie, Ah-" [/colour]She began in a whisper, timing her getting up when Cheerilee wasn't looking so she could pounce on over to Sweetie Belle. Unluckily for Apple Bloom, she existed in the same reality as the walking ball of disaster that was Haywire, and if there was one moment in time when Haywire wasn't trying to destroy the lives of everypony around her directly or indirectly, Apple Bloom hadn't experienced it. She stepped out to try and meet Sweetie, but instead found herself in a race against gravity and marbles. First one hoof and in a flash all four were caught up in this act, and her pace quickened as she fell back and back in the same motion before finally being tossed in the air and falling on her rump after a nice flight with a nice, solid, pop right next to her seat.

[colour=#ff0000]"Oww! What the hay?!"[/colour] She screamed, getting up and rubbing her blank flank with a pained expression. [colour=#ff0000]"Ah feel like Granny now, bad hip an' all!"[/colour]

Pinchy wasn't too far away from Snips, leaning as close as she could and whispering loudly [colour=#ee82ee]"I thought it was good, Snips!"[/colour] Smooth, Pinchy. Nopony noticed that, for sure.

The ninjapinch sat back down in her seat and opened up her desk. Taking out a sheet of paper and a pencil, she started to doodle. How fun! She was getting pretty good! She thought so, anyway. Her birds were kinda starting to look like birds, but she still couldn't draw ponies very well. She was still gonna pay attention! Of course! She'll be in and out. Hopefully it would just look like she was taking notes or something.

But what should she diddleleee-doodle today? Diamond Tiara was being a meanieface to Scootaloo earlier... and she thought Snips' presentation was pretty neat. So she decided she was going to draw Starswirl the Bearded totally turning Diamond Tiara into a frog. But she had to make sure she kept her giggling in check, since she was sitting right behind the filly in question.

Timid Star looked up from his book after hearing Apple Bloom scream. He had been there the whole time and had been prepared, honest! Just been timid as usual and kept an extremely low profile throughout the day's studies. He reflexively winced as the marbles rolled toward his desk in the back of the classroom. He had found each and every book report to be informative and interesting to him until this little accident had captured his attention. With a little fear, at being caught by Cheerilee for leaving his seat, he hopped out of his desk with a light thump. His hazel eyes darting about the room, he crept towards Apple Bloom with great care.

All the care and precautions in the world were no match for the marbles though, as Timid soon learned. When his little hoof made contact with them, he lost a great deal of traction and his eyes gleamed with panic! "Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no", he muttered to himself in a litany of fright, hooves flailing wildly about. His pulse racing, he grabbed at Pinchy's desk in an attempt to steady himself and recover his balance. Clinging for dear life at this point, his rear hooves slid and couldn't gain any purchase on the marbles. "Oh no! Not again!", he shrieked as his grip slipped and he was carried away on a carpet of marbles.

With a resounding thud, his runaway marble carpet ride came to an end as he crashed into the wall behind his desk. Dazed, he lay in a heap, a neat goose egg forming on his little golden head as his horn had left a scratch mark on the wooden wall. "Ouch....", he said in a dazed fashion, eyes swirling as he looked at Cheerilee with a resigned expression. He had no idea whether he was going to be punished or what all, but he hoped he'd be okay for the little creative fun that was to be taking place after all these reports!

Featherweight hovered towards the front of the classroom, before Snips could get back to his seat. Then, he turned and faced the classroom, cleared his throat, and spoke. [colour=#daa520]"Good morning class, my name is Featherweight... and I am going to give my report on the exploits of the ancient pegasus military leader, Commander Hurricane."[/colour]He cleared his throat once more, and began to read.

[colour=#daa520]"Eggs, milk, tomatoes... wait a second." [/colour]Featherweight continued to read the paper in front of him... This wasn't his report at all! It was his mother's grocery list! Featherweight grew hot with embarrassment. Quickly, he flew to the back of the room, and dove into his bag. Searching intently, Featherweight struggled to find his real report, while begging patience from the classroom. After a while, Featherweight gave up on the fight, and sat down in his own seat, defeated. "It isn't there..." He explained to Cheerlie [colour=#daa520]"I must 'av-"[/colour] Feather felt his hoof touch a soft piece of parchment. It was his report!

"No! Wait, never-mind" He called out, relived. "Here it is!." Featherweight zipped to the front of the classroom once more, and tried his best to regain his original composure. [colour=#daa520]"My name is Featherweight, i'm doing a report on Clover the Cle- I mean- Commander Hurricane, let's get this started." [/colour]

Featherweight began to read...

Commander Hurricane was the most prominent and influential Pegasi statespony, orator, and General of the kingdom during the Pre-Celestial Age—specifically, the time between the founding of Equestria and the coming of the Celestial Sisters. He was descended, through his mother, from the powerful and historically influential Hurricane family. Hurricane helped turn the Equestrian Confederacy into a wealthy Empire, and led his soldiers during the first two years of the Discordian Conflict. The period during which he led Pegasus Equestria, is sometimes known as the "Age of the Hurricane"...

A lullaby to many foals indeed.

Archer nearly groaned out loud... She was not excited for Featherweight's report. The mood of the classroom, was far too still for Archer... She was dying under the boredom. Archer secretly desired excitement in the classroom, something that would bring sudden calamity into the class. Her old mischievous spirit flared up once again. Archer thought long and hard, oh how such an ordeal could be possible... Then it hit her.

Archer quickly opened her notebook, and tore a piece of paper out of it. Clenching her hooves, Archer crumbled it into a tight compact ball. Wasting no time, she sets her eyes on the target... A small silver one. Archer swung her arm and threw the projectile at Silver Spoon. The ball of paper flew across the classroom, and then hit it's target. Archer then swung back in her seat, like nothing ever happened.

[colour=#0000ff]"This is going to be great!"[/colour]

As Snips finished his pedestrian report and slowly dragged the enormous tome back with him to his seat, Cheerilee looked up at the clock positioned in the back of the room with concern. The morning was almost gone; there was no way to get to every foal in the class for their presentation at the current rate, not without delaying lunch or canceling the big project for the day, and nether of those options were remotely palatable to the purple school mare. Her only choice was to cut the report presentation portion of class short, which met there was only time for a couple more students after Featherweight, but with several students to go still who would she pick?

As Cheerilee contemplated her small quandary, Featherweight started his report after a small faux pas on his part. She was surprised to hear that he'd picked a historical biography; most students went for fiction when they had the chance. Her students were certainly pleasantly surprising her today! Unfortnately, he was a less than apt presenter, covering the book in a monotone, academic way. He was factual, but he wasn't making history sound the least bit interesting to the class.

Cheerilee's train of thought about the pegasus colt's report was suddenly broken by Applebloom's outburst. Why was she on the floor? [colour=#800080]"Miss Applebloom! Are we having a problem staying on our seat? I would appreciate it if you would-" [/colour]

Before Cheerilee could finish admonishing the little Apple pony, Timid Star - perhaps the unluckiest pony she'd ever had in a class - tumbled and crashed into the back wall. How did these things happen? [colour=#800080] "Oh dear, Timid!"[/colour]

Cheerilee got up from her desk, trotting between the seats to help the colt when she, too, suddenly lost her footing, flipping into the air and down onto her back right next to Applebloom. [colour=#800080]"Owwwwww ... what the hay?" [/colour] Cheerilee shook herself as she slowly stood back on all fours, determined not to give the class too much of a chuckle. Marbles. As always, she would give a chance for the guilty party to step up on their own, [colour=#800080]"I am going to ask once; whose marbles are these?"[/colour]

Remember, Cheerilee won't notice you all talking or doing something unless you make it obvious for her to notice, that way you all can whisper to each other or other mischief. :)

For Reference:

Late and thus in trouble ;):

Silver Spoon

Rosehip

Winter Dazzle

Gave reports:

Applebloom

Snails

Rosehip

Diamond Tiara

Scootaloo

Guiding Light

Ruby Pinch

Snips

Up next:

Featherweight

Others to still give reports:

Haywire

Sweetie Belle

Nursery Rhyme

Silver Spoon

Winter Dazzle

Archer

Timid Star

As Haywire stared up at the clock, thinking that it must be powered by snails the hands are moving so slowly, AppleBloom fell to the floor with a loud thud. Normally, the rust coloured filly would burst out laughing, but something seemed odd about the way the farm filly tumbled. Then when she saw Cheerilee fall down in much the same way, she KNEW it wasn't mere coincidence. Then when her teacher specifically asked the question about MARBLES, Haywire had a moment of horrifying realization. Quickly leaning forward and looking down at her seat, her worst fears were confirmed! Those were HER marbles and they had somehow escaped from their bag and caused two not-so-funny accidents. In a split second, the blonde filly had a decision to make: Fess up or deny. Haywire decided to tell the truth, even though with her present 'track record' of behavior at school, the 'truth' might not be believeable.

[colour=#B22222]"They're mine, Miss Cheerilee," [/colour]Haywire sadly announced. [colour=#b22222]"Near as I can figger, I must've sat on the bag they were in and some of them marbles shot out through the top of it. I'm awful surry bout all this, but ya gotta believe me this here didn't happen on purpose! AppleBloom, Miss Cheerliee, I hope y'all's alright an even though I didn't do none of this intentionally, I'm still the pony responsible fer it...."[/colour]

Haywire lowered her head in sadness, tears starting to stream down her face. All of her other problems now vanished from her mind as the guilt over what she had accidentally allowed to happen flooded her young mind.

OOC:

Hi all, just letting you know, I've decided to give up Diamond Tiara. Sorry to anyone waiting on me for response, but I've just plain lost interest in pony RP and it's unfair of me to hog a cast character and keep people waiting.

Thank you all for the fun RPs we've shared. Perhaps when season 4 rolls out I'll get back into roleplaying again. Until then, you'll probably find me in the spam stables or MLP/chit chat sections.

Laters.

Scootaloobanresize.jpg

Scootaloo wasn't paying attention anymore, FeatherWeights report was putting the orange filly to sleep, hiding her face in her crossed hooves and sighed boredly..ugh...even Haywire's shenanigins didn't help her in the slightest! And Haywire shenanigins were the best! Ugh school had to be over soon right? Right!? She glanced up at the clock, the hands seemed to be moving teasingly slow.,.. in fact she could almost swear she saw it start to tick backwards! The Fiend!

After a moment Scootaloo took a breath and sat up slamming her hooves on the front of her desk and raised a hoof "MISS CHEERILEE MAY I BE EXCUSED TO GO TO THE LITTLE GIRLS ROOM!?" She asked, louder than she planned to, but she was tired of sitting still and anything was better just sitting and sitting and sitting!

Guiding Light happened to glance over at Sweetie Belle to see her sinking lower in her desk. It reminded him of the desk eating a pony or a novel he once head called The incredible Shrinking Pony where a pony started shrinking down to the size of a mouse.

The colt was about to ask her what was going on when suddenly two ponies peeled out in front of him. one even sliding towards the front of the class.

[colour=#daa520]"Are you ok," [/colour]he said to Apple Bloom. Before listening into the report which sounded something like a cross between a grocery list and a lecture.

[colour=#daa520]"Um, Featherweight I like your report but what was that about groceries?"[/colour]

Suddenly Scootaloo yelled out that she need to use the bathroom, which shook the colt.

[colour=#daa520]"Geez, can you say that any louder?"[/colour]

Cheerilee stood back up on all fours and helped Applebloom up as she heard Haywire's confession. She wasn't mad at the little red filly, indeed, she was proud that Haywire so quickly owned up to causing the incidental mischief, [colour=#800080]"thank you Haywire for telling the truth"[/colour]. Cheerilee playfully rubbed the ruddy earth filly's mane and smiled warmly, [colour=#800080]"it was an accident, you didn't intend for anything bad to happen, but I am going to have to ask that you pick up the marbles and leave them all on my desk for the day, alright?" [/colour]Haywire wasn't really a bad foal, just had a tendency for mischief; a lot of mischief.

Cheerilee turned around so she could check on Timid, who was still slumped on the floor, when she was interrupted. Scootaloo had to go to the bathroom now? Cheerilee anxiously looked at the clock and back to the orange pegasus filly, [colour=#800080]"fine, go ahead, just hurry back alright? It is going to be lunch soon and I would like you here for the last report at least."[/colour]

Speaking of reports, Cheerilee looked back and gave a nod towards the lankly pegasus colt still standing in front of the class, [colour=#800080]"go ahead with your book report Featherweight."[/colour] Hopefully it would become more interesting as he read on, barring that, at least short. It was getting close to noon now and the class was becoming restless and hungry. There was only time left for one or two reports, but who? Cheerilee looked around, perhaps Sweetie Belle, she was just sitting there so patiently and quietly after all; no doubt she was eagerly waiting her turn. Perfect!

First thing is first though, to make sure poor Timid was alright, [colour=#800080]"Timid Star, dear. How are you feeling? Are you hurt at all?"[/colour]

Remember, Cheerilee won't notice you all talking or doing something unless you make it obvious for her to notice, that way you all can whisper to each other or other mischief. :)

For Reference:

Late and thus in trouble ;):

Silver Spoon

Rosehip

Winter Dazzle

Gave reports:

Applebloom

Snails

Rosehip

Diamond Tiara

Scootaloo

Guiding Light

Ruby Pinch

Snips

Up next:

Featherweight

Others to still give reports:

Haywire

Sweetie Belle

Nursery Rhyme

Silver Spoon

Winter Dazzle

Archer

Timid Star

Did Scootaloo really have to speak so loudly? Sure, using the restroom was fairly important but asking at that volume just made his headache worse. Whimpering softly, he got to his hooves slowly as he cursed the marbles in his head. He wasn't really that injured, aside from the bump on his head. "I think so, Miss Cheerilee. My head just really aches, could you please tell the class to keep it down though? All the noise is making it worse...", he answered Cheerilee with a sigh, shaking his head as if to clear it.

He tried to trot back to his chair and prove he was fine, but his gait was wobbly and jerky. "Maybe I hit the wall harder than I thought...", he muttered to himself as he moved past Cheerilee, bumping into her slightly. This brought a blush to his cheeks, partly out of embarrassment over his accident and partly due to the fact he had bumped into his teacher inadvertently.

Apple Bloom's rear felt like like that one time when she had fallen off of a tree. The area she had hit was numb to an alarming degree, and the pain came in small lines that radiated constantl and throbbed as she tried to move. Nothing was broke and nothing hurt too much- just a nice tumble for both rump and pride. She wanted to lash out at Haywire more due to embarassment than anything else, but soon she was joined in the failure by Timid Star, which eased the pain of the encounter

with the deadly floor a little bit. What really helped happened just a few moments later- just as Cheerilee was about admonish her, she too fell down and was right beside her. Well, now she had good company in embarassment! It didn't take long for the culprit to do the right thing and take the blame- Haywire of course. It was always Haywire. Then Scootaloo screamed about needing to use the toilet, there was a boring report, ponies were being silly and she still hadn't managed to make Sweetie Belle feel better. Ugggh, why was this so hard!

[colour=#ff0000]"Thanks, Miss Cheerilee," [/colour]Apple Bloom choked through gritted teeth as she shot Haywire some reactionary dagger-eyes while Cheerilee lifted her up. That filly needed to be kept in a silo in the middle of a rock quarry to prevent her from causing damage. Apple Bloom limped back to her seat and gingerly sat down- no good, still a lot of pan. Probably a bruised bone or six. Dumb marbles needed to be banned. But no matter- the original reason for her getting up still existed, so as the chaos around her dimmed, she brought out a piece of paper and started writing. Then she erased it and started drawing. Much better!

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle stared, wide-eyed, at the chaos erupting around her, her mouth agape. [colour=#800080] "Oh! Oh my! Oh no, Apple Bloom!"[/colour] she cried in concern, leaving her seat and walking - carefully - over to where Apple Bloom was so she could give her a hug.

Then Scootaloo's request gave her a brilliant idea.

[colour=#800080]"Yeah, Scootaloo and I will take Apple Bloom to the bathroom and put band-aids on where it hurts!"[/colour] And just maybe putting band-aids on her would take long enough that she'd not be able to do her report ... and besides...

In a fierce whisper, she said to Apple Bloom, [colour=#800080]"Cutie Mark Cursaders first-aiders!"[/colour]

Without waiting for a response, she tugged at Apple Bloom, leading her to follow after Scootaloo towards the bathroom!

• 2 weeks later...

silver_spoon_sig_by_dignifiedjustice-d4bvfp1png_zps4ebbbae3.jpg

Silver Spoon was like totally not even close to paying attention in class anymore. As of right now she was busy gazing out the window watching the tree in the school yard sway slightly thanks to the wind. Her eyes closed for a second then right before her head hit the desk she looked over to see Timid Star getting hurt and this time by Haywire. Letting out a small giggle and a snort she watched as the wide eyed and hopeless Cutie Mark Crusaders dashed off to the restroom together.

[colour=#a9a9a9]"What a distraction, like couldn't you have picked a better time to knock somepony out Haywire?"[/colour] She giggled again and looked back over to Haywire who had somehow managed to not only make Apple Bloom slip and fall, but Timid Star, AND Cheerilee. Messing up that bad took some sort of skill is there anything that this filly couldn't do? Tales of her exploits even out of Ponyville were already being told around the school yard thanks to some of those who went on the field trip to Tiny Apple Valley. It was quite an interesting story, somehow Haywire thought it would be a good idea to shoot a firecracker off to knock apples down from a tree.

[colour=#a9a9a9]"Cheerilee I hope you are ok, should I call the family doctor? You might have like pulled some muscles."[/colour] Silver Spoon looked down at Cheerilee through her glasses, Silver Spoon might have been a mean filly but when it came to teachers getting injured that was no laughing matter. Who else would run the class and make her stay after class? Wait, the goal was to not to stay after school. Silver Spoons conquest of the world would have to wait a few hours after class then.

-------------------------------

Winter Dazzle

Dazzle seemed to have missed a bit of class when she zoned out, that was fine though she knew that she had found her report and was actually able to give a good report if Cheerilee had to randomly ask her to get up in front of the class. Dazzle only forgot one thing...

[colour=#00ffff]"Stage fright..." [/colour]Winter Dazzle swallowed down her fears and regrets not really sure why she had stage fright so bad but it was ALWAYS when she was called on by the teacher to go up to the front of the class, she would freeze on the spot and kids would make fun of her for standing there in front of them glass eyed and frozen in fear. It wasn't something that she ever thought she would get over but she knew that every now and then she would HAVE to get in front of crowds and this was the perfect time to practice. When it was her turn for the presentation Dazzle had a plan of how to beat this stage fright of hers. It most likely wouldn't work but everything was worth a try to help with this situation.

Apple Bloom wasn't necessarily keen on having a band-aid on her flank on account of it probably covering up her eventual cutie mark, and it'd be doubly confusing if she had some sort of medical talent represented by a band-aid cutie mark covered up by the exact same band-aid. But she was pretty excited to see Sweetie Belle breaking out of her rutt, and even if it was just a ploy to avoid a book report, it was a way that Apple Bloom could make it up to her for not being there during recess.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, Ah need a band-aid or else...uhh, the bruise will...get worse?" [/colour]She offered publicly, so taken aback by the failure of her cover story that she just jumped out of her seat and followed the other Crusaders out of the room, stiffling an impish giggle as she did so. As she trotted behind her fellows her rear shot out some cracking, stinging pains, but the intensity of them had dulled pretty quickly with time. In an hour or so she'd have nothing more than localized pain and she was used to that because of life on the farm. You developed a whole host of localized injuries and learned to bear them with rarely a thought.

[colour=#ff0000]"Well, Cutie Mark Crusader First Aiders sounds alright, but what about Cutie Mark Crusader doctors?!"[/colour]

Now Haywire felt awful. Trouble just seems to follow the rust coloured filly everywhere she goes, even when she didn't directly cause it. Silver Spoon's words made her feel even worse. It was bad enough that she'd been trying hard to dodge doing an oral book report for a book she never read, but now her actions had caused harm to her teacher and two of her classmates. Now she wanted this school day to end fast, before anything else happened.

All the blonde filly could do is rest her head on her desk, fighting the urge she had to cry. She didn't want to cry in front of her classmates and she really didn't want Silver Spoon to see how bad her feelings were hurt. If only something could happen outside that would disturb class or convince Cheerilee to dismiss school early! Maybe a wayward dragon could attack.... nope... that'd be too dangerous. Maybe another swarm of parasprites could eat the school and then... no... that'll never happen again. It was no use, the guilt Haywire was feeling about the spilled marbles was consuming her.

Suddenly Sweetie Belle and Applebloom decided they needed to follow their orange pegasus compatriot to the washroom. Cheerile just gave them a flat expression with a raised eyebrow of suspicion, [colour=#800080]"fiiiiine… Hurry back though fillies. Oh! And while you are back there get some ice for Timid's head, alright? You'll want to be responsible fillies, and help out a classmate, right? Make sure you come back with the ice as soon as possible, now off you go."[/colour] Cheerilee looked at the wobbly colt with concern,[colour=#800080] "actually Timid, if you prefer you can rest on one of the floor pillows until they come back."[/colour] It was a risk, letting the three of them go together but hopefully her appeal to their better natures would keep them out of potential trouble.

By this time Featherweight had finished his pedestrian report on Commander Hurricane, which while factual, was dull and dry; like listening to an old professor who never once changed his speaking tone while giving a three hour lecture on the finer points of the life cycle of a dandelion. Still the young colt was accurate, it was obviously he read the book, or at least the cliff notes version. Cherrilee walked back to her desk and pencilled in a "C"; great on facts, poor on presentation.

Who to pick last before the lunch break and the afternoon project? Sweetie Belle was going to be the next pony, quiet and attentive, she was surely waiting her turn, but her sudden impromptu washroom trip killed that idea, so who? Cheerilee looked down at her list of student names, closed her eyes and randomly dropped her hoof.

Silver Spoon.

Cheerilee gave a cheerful smile, [colour=#800080]"Silver Spoon, would you like to come on up and give your report for the class?"[/colour]

Archived