(Canterlot) Fire Meets Fire (Ended)

Lux

"Well, I'm not sure of the rituals myself, but I heard a pony who went there said something about ponies having to give candy to Nightmare Moon so she won't eat them. But you know what I think? I think that since Nightmare moon isn't around anymore another pony eats the candy."

Fire Heart then heard Spirit mention about a costume that scared the ponies.

"Really? You're costume scared other ponies? What did you go as?"

The filly heard her new companion ask about how she met Luna.

"Well it was kind of on accident. I was re dancing in the park and suddenly Luna showed up. I guess she saw my flames."

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, I'm not sure of the rituals myself, but I heard a pony who went there said something about ponies having to give candy to Nightmare Moon so she won't eat them. But you know what I think? I think that since Nightmare moon isn't around anymore another pony eats the candy."

Spirit thought this over a moment and then shook her head. "No... I don't think Nightmare Moon ever ate other ponies. She was bad... but she was still a pony and ponies don't do that. Though maybe she says it to get the candy...? I don't know..."

"Really? You're costume scared other ponies? What did you go as?"

The unicorn gave a small nod. "Mr. Gray used a spell on me that made my body and my mane and everything glow and become see-through and my eyes turn all white. Then he told me to use my fire magic to coat myself in non-burning white flames while I traveled through the dark forest."

"Well it was kind of on accident. I was re dancing in the park and suddenly Luna showed up. I guess she saw my flames."

Spirit listened as the talk turned toward the other filly's encounter withe Luna. She nodded. "Oh? I think that's really great. Since this is Canterlot, I suppose that kind of thing can happen though. Back in Fillydelphia, there aren't any princesses around, even if there are plenty of interesting ponies."

"That's a really neat costume idea," Fire said looking up from her menu, "I didn't even know there was a spell to make a pony look invisible. I know I'd be scared if I saw this ghost pony on fire running through the woods."

Spirit mentioned that she never seen a princess in Fillydelphia. Fire was so accustomed to seeing them in Canterlot that it was hard to imagine not seeing them. Rarely did she get the one on one time with a princess like she did that night, but there were plenty of events and parades where the princesses were present.

"So, what's it like being in Fliiydelphia? I've never been there before."

"That's a really neat costume idea. I didn't even know there was a spell to make a pony look invisible. I know I'd be scared if I saw this ghost pony on fire running through the woods."

Spirit nodded slowly. "Yeah. Mr. Gray knows a lot of really strange magic. He likes to use it on me sometimes... and I'm not entirely sure why, but it makes him laugh..." The filly looked down slightly before adding, "Mr. Gray can be very confusing some times..."

"So, what's it like being in Fliiydelphia? I've never been there before."

The young pony thought about this question a long while. She tilted her head and sighed, not really sure what to say. "I don't know. It's hard to explain. It was the first place I went after Mr. Gray found me. I used to think it was so strange, but now it feels so... familiar..." She paused a moment and nodded. "It's hard to put into words, but I'd have say that it's a good place..."

Fire Heart smiled at the fact that Mr. Grey was very interested in sharing his magical talent. She didn't know, however, if she'd like being a test pony for different spells.

"Well that means you're getting used to the place. I guess that's like anypony who moves from one place to another. i wouldn't know though about that. It musthave been doubly hard going from living in a forest to a city."

The waitress pony then stopped by ana asked what the two ponies wanted for lunch.

"I'll have the grilled cucumber and avacado sandwich with a side of hay fries. Spirit, do you want anything?"

"Well that means you're getting used to the place. I guess that's like anypony who moves from one place to another. i wouldn't know though about that. It musthave been doubly hard going from living in a forest to a city."

Spirit looked down and then after a moment gave a small nod. "I was difficult to adjust to at first. I didn't even know how to talk; Mr. Gray had to teach me everything, and I think I was a lot of trouble since I didn't realize at first that I was so much safer there than in the forest," she said in a quiet voice until they were eventually approached for their order.

"I'll have the grilled cucumber and avacado sandwich with a side of hay fries. Spirit, do you want anything?"

Spirit didn't really know much about food. She knew about tastes, but she really didn't know much about what kinds of things to order yet. When they ate out, Mr. Gray usually ordered things for her. She liked Fire though, so she figured what she was getting probably was good. She gave a nod and then spoke. "I'll have the same thing."

Fire Heart nodded as she listened to Spirit Flame explain her transition from living in the forest to living in a city. The filly could only imagine how drastic that would be, going from not knowing any other pony and not knowing about anything about civilization to meeting one pony the then becomming tied into civilization. She seemed to be ok with other ponies as she was comfortable being in Canterlot and speaking with her.

"So, do you have many questions of living in a city? As I said that I've been here in Canterlot all my life. I can say that it is safer than in the forest. It's not perfect, but it is safer."

"So, do you have many questions of living in a city? As I said that I've been here in Canterlot all my life. I can say that it is safer than in the forest. It's not perfect, but it is safer."

Spirit thought about this question for a moment then started to speak. "Well, I don't know. This city is so different from the one I know."

She tilted her head to the side and then gave a small nod. "Though i am curious about this city. All I really know about it is the things I've read about it in books. I would like to hear about it, if you don't mind telling me."

Fire Heart thought about Spirit Flame's request for a while. It wasn't a tough question to understand for the older filly, but how to go about explaining everything there was in the city was the issue. Fire had entire classes dedicated to the history of Equestria in Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and even these only touched upon a fraction of Canterlot's rich history. But she decided to go the safer route and tell Spirit what she knew rather than all she learned. Her unicorn companion didn't want a lesson in Canterlot, just what ahe thought about it. Plus a lesson would take several hours to do.

"Ok... where to start? Well I'm sure that you read that Canterlot is the capital city of Equestria and that the Royal Sisters live here. Canterlot is kind of like this.."

With that Fire took a napkin and drew a small circle in the center, followed by a large crescent shaped part that wrapped around the circle.

"So this circle in the center is where the castle is, and around it is where the rest of the city is built. Ponies can get to Canterlot on hoof or by train. I guess you came by train since you're from Fillydelphia. It's kind of confusing at first getting around the area as the streets aren't really straight but kind of weave their way throught the city. It's a small city too. I'm not sure if it is smaller or larger than Fillydelphia though. Let me know if I need to slow down or if you have any questions, ok?"

"Ok... where to start? Well I'm sure that you read that Canterlot is the capital city of Equestria and that the Royal Sisters live here. Canterlot is kind of like this... So this circle in the center is where the castle is, and around it is where the rest of the city is built. Ponies can get to Canterlot on hoof or by train. I guess you came by train since you're from Fillydelphia. It's kind of confusing at first getting around the area as the streets aren't really straight but kind of weave their way throught the city. It's a small city too. I'm not sure if it is smaller or larger than Fillydelphia though. Let me know if I need to slow down or if you have any questions, ok?"

Spirit gave a small nod. "Hmm... I don't think I have a lot of questions about what you've said yet..." she said softly. "I think I get it all so far." Mr. gray would be proud of her. It was something of a rarity when she didn't have any questions to ask.

"And yes, we did get here by train. Trains are really amazing, I think... even if they're just a little scary," Spirit said looking down.

"What else can you tell me?" she asked, head tilted. "What kind of things do you do here in Canterlot?" Okay, so she was asking questions still anyway. At least is was questions from curiosity and not from not understanding something though.

Fire Heart felt satisfied that Spirit understood what she was saying. It was an often nagging feeling of the unicorn that a pony would not understand her when she was talking. She tendd to talk rapidly, to the point that some professors in class had to tell her to slow down when giving a presentation. She guessed it was in her energetic nature that made her that way. Fire was traditionally a symbol of energy and passion, and Fire Heart was not in short supply of either of the two.

"Well the train is nice, and it's new actually. It was completed last year so ponies could get around easier. Anyway, there's lots to do in Canterlot! There are concerts, rodeos, Wonderbolts air shows, plays, operas, circuses. Different times there are events like the Summer Sun Celebration and Hearth's warming Eve. Oh, and there was even a royal wedding a short time ago! Not to mention that there are lots of shops and places to eat."

"Well the train is nice, and it's new actually. It was completed last year so ponies could get around easier. Anyway, there's lots to do in Canterlot! There are concerts, rodeos, Wonderbolts air shows, plays, operas, circuses. Different times there are events like the Summer Sun Celebration and Hearth's warming Eve. Oh, and there was even a royal wedding a short time ago! Not to mention that there are lots of shops and places to eat."

Spirit listened, awed by the number of things Fire mentioned. She certainly wouldn't have been able to name anywhere near that many thing in Fillydelphia. She certainly wouldn't be able to speak so quickly. Fire's energy was really impressive. She was even more vibrant than Mr. Gray got when faced with the prospect of a great adventure, a new rare book or a particularly pretty mare. It was really impressive.

"That's a lot," Spirit said, her restrained voice not letting on quite how impressed she was. "Have you been to all of those things yourself, Fire Heart?"

"What are your favorite things to do here in Canterlot?" she added, head tilted to the side.

Fire Heart was happy that Spirit seemed to understand her. It could be quite overwhelming describing the city life to a pony not from Canterlot let alone one who was getting used to civilizatiion in general. Then Spirit asked what she liked to do.

"Well, I'm usually busy at the university, but if there's a parade or festival in town I like to go. Of course I like to sometimes go to the park or go shopping when I have the free time."

Fire then got an idea as the waitress returned with the sandwiches.

"Hey, do you want to see the university I go to after we eat?"

"Well, I'm usually busy at the university, but if there's a parade or festival in town I like to go. Of course I like to sometimes go to the park or go shopping when I have the free time."

Spirit tilted her head, confused. "I thought universities were schools where older ponies went..." she said in a low voice. She didn't honesty know very much about schools; she had never been to one, Mr. Gray having taught her practically everything that wasn't forest survival. She did kind of remember hearing about universities though, especially since Mr. Gray used to teach at one.

"Hey, do you want to see the university I go to after we eat?"

"Yeah. I'd like to see it," Spirit said, nodding. "I've never really been to a school before..."

She then lifted the food that was given to her and brought it toward her with her hooves. She took a bite of the sandwich, which prompted the slightest of smiles. "This tastes good," she said with a nod.

Fire Heart noticed that Spirit was confused about why Fire Heart was in a university. The older filly always thought she now looked less like a filly and more like a mare. In fact she looked more mature than many of the other classmates. Maybe it was just that Spirit that young mares and stallions were only allowed in the university.

"Well, Princess Celestia's School fior Gifted Unicorns is like a university, except ponies of all ages can join. It's for unicorns only and you have to do a test to see how well you are not only with things like math or reading but also magically. That's why almost all ponies who go there have their cutie marks."

Fire Heart smiled when Spirit agreed to go to her school. It was a major part of her life in Canterlot and something she loved to do. She was also happy that she was enjoying her sandwich.

"I'm glad you like it. I'm a little nervous when trying new foods, but this place is nice to go to especially since it's just a few blocks away from the school."

"Well, Princess Celestia's School fior Gifted Unicorns is like a university, except ponies of all ages can join. It's for unicorns only and you have to do a test to see how well you are not only with things like math or reading but also magically. That's why almost all ponies who go there have their cutie marks."

"Oh, I see," Spirit started nodding. "I think I've actually heard Mr. Gray talk about it before. I think he said good things about it... unlike Canterlot University where he used to teach..." Spirit gave a few more innocent nods. "I would think it would have to be a great place if its run by the Princess herself."

"I'm glad you like it. I'm a little nervous when trying new foods, but this place is nice to go to especially since it's just a few blocks away from the school."

"Yeah, me too..." Spirit said in a soft voice as she continued to eat. "Lots of foods are too intense or strange tasting to me. Mr. Gray says I have a really sensitive palate. This is nice though..."

Fire Heart wondered why Mr. Grey would dislike Canterlot University so moch is he was a professor there. Maybe the pony had a bad experience, making him leave. She pondered that for a moment as she ate her grilled sandwich.

"Well I kind of have a sensitive palate with cold foods. If they're luke warm like a vegetable it's ok but frozen things like ice cream actually hurts when eating it. I think it's due to being able to cast fire magic that I'm so sensitive to the cold, especially food."

"Well I kind of have a sensitive palate with cold foods. If they're luke warm like a vegetable it's ok but frozen things like ice cream actually hurts when eating it. I think it's due to being able to cast fire magic that I'm so sensitive to the cold, especially food."

Spirit tilted her head curiously. "Hmm, I don't think I have that problem," she said with a slow nod. "It doesn't matter if it's hot or cold; it's more about how strong it tastes..."

She looked down as she thought. "Maybe it's because I can control the heat of my fire better that cold things don't bother me so much?"

The filly gave another slow nod and then continued to eat her sandwich.

"Well I can understand that you want to make sure it tastes good," Fire Heart said as she had more of her sandwich. She pondered what Spirit said about how the cold didn't affect her. Fire wondered if and when she was able to fully control her fire the pesky feeling of how the temperature affects her would also be fixed.

"By the way, since it sounds like MR. Grey has taught you much about magic. Do you know of any techniques to help control emotions and fire?"

"Well I can understand that you want to make sure it tastes good."

Spirit gave a simple nod in agreement before eating some more of her food.

"By the way, since it sounds like MR. Grey has taught you much about magic. Do you know of any techniques to help control emotions and fire?"

The unicorn tilted her head in thought for a moment. She then looked down. Controlling emotions? That wasn't exactly something she had trouble with. No, her problem was the opposite. "I don't think so. I never really had problems with that. Mr. Gray instead always tells me that I should show more emotion," the young pony replied in her usual airy monotone.

"As for controlling fire... I don't know how I learned that, but I kinda had to..." she said quietly. "I'm sorry if I'm not help..." she said, sighing.

As Fire Heart listened, she found that Spirit Flame's problem was the opposite of her pronlem when it came to emotions.

"So, does the fact that you don't show your emotions as much affect your fire magic in any way? I don't really know how a pony can become more emotional unless they get angry or upset but you don't want that."

Fire heard Spirit mention that she was unable to help control emotions. The red unicorn didn't really expect her friend to come up with a way to fix that part of her tht instant. She just wanted to see if there were any quick ideas. Te fact that Spirit was looking to have a greater sense of emotions than less also meant that she most likely didn't bode well with having an idea of emotion control.

"That's ok. I wasn't trying to put you on the spot. Just checking to see if you knew of any."

"So, does the fact that you don't show your emotions as much affect your fire magic in any way? I don't really know how a pony can become more emotional unless they get angry or upset but you don't want that."

Spirit considered the question a while and then glanced upward. "I don't know... Maybe... It's just how it's been for a while now..." she said, not really sure how to explain herself. "Mr. Gray mostly tells me I should smile more..."

"That's ok. I wasn't trying to put you on the spot. Just checking to see if you knew of any."

The young unicorn gave a nod. "It's okay. I don't mind at all," she said before finally finishing her sandwich.

Fire Heart realized that maybe the reason for Mr. Gray to ask Spirit to smile more wasn't necessarily due to her magic but just to see her happy. Yet since Fire learned that magic affected most of a pony's life, helping a pony to smle might also help with magic.

The red unicorn could see that Spirit was finished with her sandwich.

"Oh it looks like your had your sandwich. Are you ready to see the university?"

As she waited for a response, Fire worked on the last part of her sandwich so that the two could head to their next destination.

"Oh it looks like your had your sandwich. Are you ready to see the university?"

Spirit gave a small nod to the other pony. "Yes, I'm ready when you are," she said. She was rather interested and eager to see the school.

With her friend finished with her lunch and the bill paid with bits, Fire Heart headed out towards where Princess Celestia's school was. She felt that this was an oportunity to give the unicorn a tour of the city along the way to pass the time. It also helped to have her get used to a new city.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ok, I'm going to show you some things along the way where I like to go. I mostly am in this area except when I go to my parent's house or if there's a special event."[/colour]

The two unicorns passed by a park where Fire Heart then stopped.

[colour=#FF0000]"This is one of the many parks in Canterlot. It's called Arcadia Park. I go here some nights when no pony is around to dance with my fire magic. Oh, and see that hill in the middle of the park? That's where I met Princess Luna!"[/colour]