(Canterlot) Fire Meets Fire (Ended)

Lux

[colour=#FF0000]"Ok, I'm going to show you some things along the way where I like to go. I mostly am in this area except when I go to my parent's house or if there's a special event."[/colour]

Spirit gave a slow nod. [colour=#cccccc]"Okay. I'd like to see everything,"[/colour] she said. Spirit liked being introduced to new things, even if sometimes they could be scary. She was particularly interested to see things that her new friend had to show her.

[colour=#FF0000]"This is one of the many parks in Canterlot. It's called Arcadia Park. I go here some nights when no pony is around to dance with my fire magic. Oh, and see that hill in the middle of the park? That's where I met Princess Luna!"[/colour]

Spirit gazed off at the park, taken by its beauty. Fillydelphia had nice parks too, but this was different which made it interesting to her. Being abe to associate it with the things Fire was telling her only made it even more interesting.

[colour=#cccccc]"it's really nice,"[/colour] Spirit said quietly as she continued to stare off. [colour=#cccccc]"You dance with your fire?"[/colour] she asked, focusing in on this thought. Dancing was something she didn't quite understand herself and she wasn't really sure how one would do it with fire.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing that Spirit was interested in her fire dancing put a smile on Fire's face.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well, yes I dane with my fire. My mum was a dancer before I was born. She used to dance ballet on stage as well as other dance styles. I think she was even pretty popular. But then when i was born she decided that she wnted to take care of me more than dancing on stage. She still dances though and teaches foals how to dance. And she taught me how to dance as well. When it's late at night and no pony is around I like to close my eyes and listen to the music in my mind and dance. That's how Princess Luna met me, when I was dancing."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Well, yes I dane with my fire. My mum was a dancer before I was born. She used to dance ballet on stage as well as other dance styles. I think she was even pretty popular. But then when i was born she decided that she wnted to take care of me more than dancing on stage. She still dances though and teaches foals how to dance. And she taught me how to dance as well. When it's late at night and no pony is around I like to close my eyes and listen to the music in my mind and dance. That's how Princess Luna met me, when I was dancing."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]"That's really incredible," [/colour]Spirit said with a nod, smiling a little. So Fire's mother was a popular dancer? Spirt didn't know anything about dance at all, but a pony who did that for their job really had to be interesting to see. For some reason, the idea really impressed Spirit, even if it probably was more unusual for a pony to consider a manticore as their mother.

[colour=#cccccc]"I would really like to see you dance some time,"[/colour] she said in a quiet voice.

Fire smiled when Spirit mentioned that she wanted to see her dance. It was something that although she was pleased with she didn't really advertise to many ponies. It was a hidden talent, seperate to her fire magic but very connected to it.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well I don't show many ponies my dancing because, you know, some freak out when they see a pony on fire. But I can show you a little."[/colour]

With that Fire closed her eyes and let the flames wrap around her body. Then standing on her hind legs she twisted her body in one direction as far as it would go. Then she pirouetted in the opposite direction, unwinding like a spring. The flames spun outward in a spiral that encircled the red unicorn like a tornado. Finally after finishing her spin, she got back down on all four legs, snuffed out the fire, and opened her eyes.

[colour=#FF0000]"Neat, huh?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Well I don't show many ponies my dancing because, you know, some freak out when they see a pony on fire. But I can show you a little."[/colour]

Spirit of course knew this from experience. With her fire, she had before gotten not just ponies to run in fear, but timberwolves and other fearsome forest creatures as well. As Fire began dancing, the young unicorn was still nevertheless a little intimidated at first. She was used to her fire. It did what she wanted and it was one of the few things she could always seem to trust. She wasn't used to this other pony's fire, however. It burned brightly and Spirit could feel the intense heat radiating from it. Her first reaction was to step back in fear.

Soon, however, she found herself watching the pony dance. Instantly she was captivated by the display. The way the Fire and her fire moved, the way it came together, the motions against the sky... something in it was so very beautiful and affecting. Spirit couldn't take her eyes off the display. It brought to her a soaring warmth.

[colour=#FF0000]"Neat, huh?"[/colour]

Spirit was sad to see it end, but she immediately started to clop her hooves on the ground in applause as Mr. Gray had taught her. [colour=#cccccc]"That was really amazing,"[/colour] she said, her voice finding some rare cheer and her face finding an equally rare smile. [colour=#cccccc]"You're really talented.[/colour]

There was part of her that worried that Spirit would not like her fire dance. This wasn't an indication of how good she was. Fire knew she was a good dancer, better than those that could not dance but still not up to the level of her mother or a professional dancer. No, this was something worse, that Spirit would be afraid of her, just like iothers were afraid. Although it would be strange to see another unicorn who could do fire magic be afraid of her, there was the possibility it could happen as Fire's magic was not Spirit's magic.

But much to her delight, Spirit loved the dance, giving a hoof stomping applause and a congratulations.

[colour=#FF0000]"Awww! Thanks Spirit! I really appreciate that. You, know after the tour of th school, I can show you a little about how to dance. Would you like that?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Awww! Thanks Spirit! I really appreciate that. You, know after the tour of th school, I can show you a little about how to dance. Would you like that?"[/colour]

Spirit thought about the offer a moment and tilted her head then nodded. [colour=#cccccc]"I don't know. I'm not sure I'd be very good at it..."[/colour]

She was a frequently rather clumsy filly, and generally slow moving. She also didn't entirely understand the concept of dance and certainly had no experience doing it. Still, Fire's dance was beautiful and she did kind of want to be able to do such a wonderful thing herself. In the forest, most of the time her fire had been used to intimidate. Even now, it still mostly scared ponies when she used it. It would be fulfilling to learn a way to use it that would not frighten but rather captivate.

[colour=#cccccc]"But I would be willing to try at least,"[/colour] she said in a very quiet voice. [colour=#cccccc]"I mean, if you don't mind teaching me..."[/colour]

upon offering to help her, Fire noticed that Spirit was upset, mentioning how she wasn't sure that she could dance like Fire could. Thankfully her friends said she was willing to try.

[colour=#FF0000]"That's the Spirit... um Spirit! Don't worry. It may be a little tricky to begin with, but you'll get the hang of it. Anyway let's go to the university then!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"That's the Spirit... um Spirit! Don't worry. It may be a little tricky to begin with, but you'll get the hang of it. Anyway let's go to the university then!"[/colour]

Spirit stared, confused for a second, Fire's pun not quite connecting with her. Her encouraging words did, however, and she gave a nod.

[colour=#cccccc]"Okay. Let's go,"[/colour] she said, following Fire. She remained eager to see the other filly's school.

The two unicorns made their way down the cobblestone street towards their final destination. As the two traveled Fire pointed out a few stores along the way that she liked to visit. There was a nice little cafe called th Happy Bean where many ponies liked to congregate after their lessons to study or just meet friends. Around a corner was a place called Mr. Cocoa's Candy Confections which sold great candy and had a rather sweet but hyperactive pony named Sweet Surprise. Finally the two arrived at the school, a series large white towers that contained both classrooms, dorm rooms, and other facilities in one building. It was clear it was a school with all the unicorns milling about the green space among the buildings

[colour=#FF0000]"Ok, so welcome to Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. This place is for unicorns only to help them not only with their school things like math and reading but also with their magic."[/colour]

Spirit looked around with interest as Fire pointed out some of her favorite places. The Happy Bean sounded nice, she supposed, even if having lots of ponies she didn't know in one place kind of made Spirit nervous. Mr. Cocoa's Candy Confections had a fun name, and this Sweet Surprise pony sounded interesting, but Spirit didn't typically enjoy really sweet things too much. Maybe if it was mildly sweet, that was okay, but it was easy to go too far with that for her. The School was easily the most amazing of the places Fire had shown her. It was so big, and so incredible to look at. The young unicorn found herself in awe.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ok, so welcome to Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. This place is for unicorns only to help them not only with their school things like math and reading but also with their magic."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]"I see,"[/colour] Spirit said, as she continued to look around in awe. [colour=#cccccc]"It's so big..."[/colour]

She stumbled around, looking up in amazement. [colour=#cccccc]"It's incredible!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Yeah it is rally great, isn't it," [/colour]Fire said as she let her friend take in the sights. She must imagine what it was like for a pony who had no contact with others go to seeing such a great city like Canterlot and such a great school.

[colour=#FF0000]"I remember wht it was like as a filly first coming here. Everything was so wonderful! I was so nervous going to a new school, but thankfully with the help of my teachers and other ponies, I fit right in after a few days. So now let me show ou around."[/colour]

The red unicorn took the pony to a large building where inside there were rows of wooden table and benches.

[colour=#FF0000]"So this is the dining hall where I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's quiet now since lunch is over but it's also a nice place to study. Sometimes events are run here too."[/colour]

14aittd.png

At the far end of the dining hall away from the conversing ponies, Counselor Ingrid Marie, who just finished eating a late lunch, occupied herself by reading a colorful poster onto the bulletin board. Advertising a local magic talent show that any unicorn could sign up for, the school counselor figured that many of the School’s students would compete in the contest, magic being what makes them gifted in the first place. Hearing voices coming from the other end of the large room, Ingrid glanced behind her to see Fire Heart, one of the students, talking with a unicorn she didn’t recognize. Not in the mood for the generic standard trot-and-greet, the suddenly impish counselor opted instead to make a flashy teleportation entrance behind the two.

In her naughty excitement, Counselor Marie forgot that the act of converting one’s self into pure energy, transporting the atoms that comprised one’s body, reassembling them precisely in the correct manner a distance aways, and all the while maintaining one’s consciousness in non-corporeal form to prevent technical death, placed an extremely heavy tax on a magician’s willpower and stamina. Currently only one unicorn, Princess Celestia’s own apprentice, possessed the massive amounts of raw power and focus essential to easily perform multiple teleports in a short time. And thus with bright flashes of blue magic, Ingrid Marie’s physical form dissembled only to reappear, extremely exhausted, right behind Fire Heart and her companion.

[colour=#008080]~Ugggggh, my head.......... this is why we don't teleport all over the place, Immie..... mmkay?~[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Huff… huff… how…. are… you… today… Miss Heart…..? Ohhhhhhh………..” [/colour]It took all of Ingrid's strength not to collpase from exhaustion right there and then thanks to that silly stunt.

Edited by Bellosh101

[colour=#FF0000]"Yeah it is rally great, isn't it? [/colour][colour=#FF0000]I remember wht it was like as a filly first coming here. Everything was so wonderful! I was so nervous going to a new school, but thankfully with the help of my teachers and other ponies, I fit right in after a few days. So now let me show ou around."[/colour]

Spirit nodded as she continued to stare about in awe. New places could be hard for her. Perhaps it was just her history, but in her case rarely did just a few days suffice for her to feel as if she fit in. Still, something about the school was kind of welcoming. Spirit found that she just rather liked the look of the place.

[colour=#FF0000]"So this is the dining hall where I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's quiet now since lunch is over but it's also a nice place to study. Sometimes events are run here too."[/colour]

The filly looked around quietly, taking in the impressive dining hall. She gave another slow nod. [colour=#cccccc]"It's really nice,"[/colour] was all she could say. The filly was genuinely impressed, but she remained not particularly skilled at expressing herself.

It was just about then that Spirit noticed something slightly off. Spirit's impeccable survival reflexes kicked in and told her something was right behind her--not that the panted breaths that came from the adult mare would have her concealed very long. Spirit turned around at once, her horn lighting up briefly until she realized it was a pony and not a stray timberwolf standing there breathing heavily.

[colour=#008080]“Huff… huff… how…. are… you… today… Miss Heart…..? Ohhhhhhh………..”[/colour]

Spirit tilted her head curiously and just stared at the bizarre pony. This mare panting desperately while standing behind them was definitely odd. Most adult ponies struck Spirit as unusual though. It was alarmingly hard for her to understand why they did the things they did. This pony seemed to at least know Fire though. She'd have to just ask her about her.

[colour=#cccccc]"Who is this strange pony?"[/colour] Spirit asked blankly, looking back over toward Fire, a hint of curiosity in her expression.

Fire Heart watched as Spirit took in the sights of the dining area. Granted it wasn't the most glamorous of places being just a place to eat. If anything it was the vastness that would amaze a pony visiting, especially one who was not used to academic or even city life for that matter. Fire wondered how her friend would react to the more amazing sights like the lecture halls, magic practice rooms, library, or even her dorm room. There was so much to see that Fire hoped she had the time.

Before Fire could say anything, a pony suddenly appeared out of nowhere and greeted her. Although Fire knew that there were a myrriad of magical abilities in the school, teleporting was a unique one. In fact she had only seen one professor do so in her time in school, mainly because he was late to class. This fact that teleportation was rare only added to the surprise.

[colour=#FF0000]"EEP," [/colour]Fire Heart squeaked as she burst into flames. Thankfully the other ponies weren't close enough to her to get hurt and there was nothing nearby that would catch fire. Still to anypony that would peer into the empty cafeteria, they would be in for quite a shock!

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh no! I did it again. Hang on, I'll try to stop this."[/colour]

After a few agonizing minutes of trying to take her mind off the fact that she probably scared her friend and the school counselor, Fire was able to extinguish her flames.

[colour=#FF0000]"Um... this was awkward. I'm ok Miss Marie. Oh and this is my friend, Spirit. Spirit, this his Ingrid Marie. She's a school counselor."[/colour]

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]~Hmmm… and now Miss Heart is on fire. Outstanding…~[/colour]

Under normal circumstances, Ingrid Marie would have cast a fail-safe spell to put out Fire Heart’s magic flames. Of course, the counselor attempted just that… only to crumple down to the ground thanks from exertion from her previous teleport spell. However, Ingrid didn’t worry too much about any fire spreading; the School’s administration wisely purchased tables and chairs with magic-protection enchantments, since the cafeteria served well as an alternate location to practice magic.

Even if the tables weren’t fire-proof, the fatigued counselor noted that Fire Heart did a pretty good job of keeping her flare up in check. While Ingrid knew from her files that Miss Heart had issues with controlling her powers when angry, they mentioned nothing about incidents caused by mere startling. Oh well; know she knew, and knowing was half the battle right there. Good thing Fire Heart’s scheduled evaluation was coming up real soon…

Once Fire Heart put out her flames and introduced Spirit, Ingird, still lying on the floor, said; [colour=#008080]“Ah, sorry about that Miss Heart and Miss Spirit… it’s not too often these days that I use a teleportation spell… you can see why.”[/colour] Weakly chuckling, Counselor Marie pointed her forehoof towards the two fillies; [colour=#008080]“Can you two help me up, please?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"EEP! [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Oh no! I did it again. Hang on, I'll try to stop this."[/colour]

Spirit watched as the sudden surprise of the mare set the other filly suddenly ablaze. Spirit remembered that her friend had said she wasn't so good at containing her fire sometimes. It definitely showed here. At least Fire was able to put it out quickly and no pony was hurt.

[colour=#FF0000]"Um... this was awkward. I'm ok Miss Marie. Oh and this is my friend, Spirit. Spirit, this his Ingrid Marie. She's a school counselor."[/colour]

Spirit tilted her head in curiosity. [colour=#cccccc]"Oh? What's a counselor?"[/colour] she asked in a slow, quiet voice.

[colour=#008080]“Ah, sorry about that Miss Heart and Miss Spirit… it’s not too often these days that I use a teleportation spell… you can see why. [/colour][colour=#008080]Can you two help me up, please?"[/colour]

The mare on the floor called up to them. Spirt stared at her with eyes for a minute more before deciding she wasn't in any way dangerous. [colour=#cccccc]"Umm... all right..." [/colour]she said as she timidly reached out to her with a hoof.

Fire spent a few extra minutes calming down to prevent a second flare up. It was rare, but still happened enough to warrant the extra time. As she did, she wondered how Spirit would react to her firey outburst. She hoped that being a unicorn with a similar ability she;'d understand. Then to her horror she realized that the mare that had teleported was going to be the one that she would be meeting in a few days for her perodic review of her magical and academic progress. She could just see the report bleeding with black ink with comments like "unable to control magic" and "danger to students."

[colour=#FF0000]"I'm so sorry," [/colour]Fire said as she helped the mare to her hooves, [colour=#FF0000]"I... I didn't mean to do that. It's just every time I get scared or angry or excited, I burst into flames." [/colour]

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]“It’s quite alright, Miss Heart,”[/colour] Ingrid reassured the filly as the two younger ponies lifted her onto her hooves again; [colour=#008080]“These things just happen sometimes.”[/colour] Having heard Spirit’s hushed question earlier, Ms. Marie looked towards the skeptical-looking unicorn and answered; [colour=#008080]“In response to your earlier inquiry, it’s my job as the school’s guidance counselor to help students refine their gifts, offer guidance on what future careers to follow, and to otherwise evaluate their progress… oh, speaking of Miss Heart, don’t forget your routine evaluation is coming up next week. You remember where my office is, right?”[/colour] Bringing her attention back to Fire Heart’s companion, Ingrid asked out of curiosity; [colour=#008080]“You’re not a student at this school, are you Miss Spirit? Pardon me for asking, but what sorts of magic are you capable of?”[/colour]

Fire apologized and her and Spirit proceeded to help this strange adult mare back onto her hooves. Once this Miss Marie was back up, she looked Spirit's way and speak:

[colour=#008080]“In response to your earlier inquiry, it’s my job as the school’s guidance counselor to help students refine their gifts, offer guidance on what future careers to follow, and to otherwise evaluate their progress… oh, speaking of Miss Heart, don’t forget your routine evaluation is coming up next week. You remember where my office is, right?”[/colour]

Spirit gave her usual subdued nod as the mare turned her inquiries toward Fire. She wasn't sure she entirely understood it all, but for the most part it sounded like Miss Marie acted as a mentor and friend to the students at the school. It sounded really important and like a big job. It also sounded like a job for a kind pony. Spirit dropped some of her apprehension and stepped forward a little.

[colour=#008080]“You’re not a student at this school, are you Miss Spirit? Pardon me for asking, but what sorts of magic are you capable of?”[/colour]

As the counselor looked back toward her Spirit looked away and then gave a small nod. [colour=#cccccc]"That's right," [/colour]she said in a slow, quiet voice. [colour=#cccccc]"I can make and control white flames," [/colour]she added, leaving it at that. It was the only sort of magic she had any confidence in after all.

Fire Heart breathed a sigh of relief as Ingrid forgave the incident. Still, as the counselor mentioned, there was going to be a session coming up. There was bound to be some mentioning about this incident during that time.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes, I remember the counseling session. And I know where it is. Third floor in the north hallway, right?"[/colour]

Ingrid then was curious about Fire's friend, Spirit as to her abilities and if she was a student.

[colour=#FF0000]"Spirit isn't a student. She actually met me in the city a short time ago and I was showing her around. I wanted her to see where I went to school, so here we are."[/colour]

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]“Uhh, that’s actually the third floor from the roof, you mean,”[/colour] Counselor Marie slightly corrected Fire Heart. Despite her rather bombastic entrance, Ingrid felt relief as Spirit grew more comfortable around her. Once the two fillies explained how Miss Heart’s new friend also had a gift with fire magic, the beaming counselor chimed in again. [colour=#008080]“So nice to meet you, Miss Spirit. I know Miss Heart here has an amazing aptitude for pryokinesis, but to see another pony with a similar gift… well… I’m sure the two of you can learn a lot from each other!”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“So nice to meet you, Miss Spirit. I know Miss Heart here has an amazing aptitude for pryokinesis, but to see another pony with a similar gift… well… I’m sure the two of you can learn a lot from each other!”[/colour]

Spirit gave a mild nod, not really sure how to respond. She looked at Fire and then back to Miss Marie, giving her a curious stare.[colour=#cccccc] "Yes..."[/colour] she said quietly.

[colour=#cccccc]"I hope so... and I was glad to meet a friend while in this city..." [/colour]Spirit added giving another nod. She looked back toward Fire then and gave her a small smile. She really was glad that she had run into Fire here. She would be somewhat disappointed when it came time for them to part and her to go home.

Fire smiled at Miss Marie's comment. It was a reare chance to meet another filly around her age who was not only a unicorn but one that had a similar ability as hers. Of course she cherished the opportunity to be with Spirit, hoping to soak up every minute she could with her.

[colour=#FF0000]"Thanks Miss Marie, I'm sure that we'll learn much from each other, and not just magic. Actually I'm going to show Spirit the library, a lecture room, a magic practice room, and of course my dorm room. Do you want to help give Spirit the tour? You would know more about this schoool that I would being a counselor here."[/colour]

14aittd.png

Ingrid Marie couldn’t help but grin at the sight of Fire and Spirit enjoying each other’s company. According to Fire Heart’s dossier, she didn’t exactly have the easiest of time making friends, so it was great to see the counselor’s files being proven wrong in this instance. When Miss Heart asked Ingrid to help conduct a tour of the School for Spirit, the counselor more than happily acquiesced to her request; [colour=#008080]“I’d love to help show Spirit around; we always welcome visitors here at the School. Unless you two got a late lunch to eat, I’ll first lead you to the library.”[/colour] Trotting out of the dining hall, Counselor Marie added; [colour=#008080]“If you’ve got any questions about the School, Miss Spirit, feel free to ask them while we make our way to the library.”[/colour]