Reaver KeenEye {Final}

QuickLime

Roleplay Type: Mane Roleplay

Name: Reaver KeenEye

Sex:Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Cornflower Blue with a rather clean scar running through his right eye.

Coat Color: Dapple Grey

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: His mane and tail are charcoal grey with a wine red stripe running through both of them, his mane is neat and gently curves over his brow, while his tail is long and the ends split into three individual parts that curl slightly.

Physique: Tall and Muscular with defined muscle and visible grace.

Cutie Mark: A arrow with the tip alight with blue flames soaring.

Origin/Residence: Canterlot

Occupation: Former Canterlot Guard, full time Socialite and Casanova

Motivation: To enjoy the finer things in live, and to exploit all loopholes that one can possibly exploit

Likes: Mares, Stallions, Fine Wine, Bits, Gambling, Archery, Classical Music, the Canterlot UpperCrust

Dislikes: Goodie Goodie two horse shoes, The sun being too bright so it irritates his eye, the rain, the cold, dirt, mud, grime…

Character Summary: Reaver was the first born from a wealthy and noble family, his ancestors had all bared proudly the title “Royal Guard” So at a young age Reaver was already training to follow in his father and grandfather’s (Rather large) Hoofsteps.

Reaver’s skill was no surprise, the boy had always had impeccable aim, especially with his bow and arrow which he took with him everywhere (though when he was a colt the tips were suction cups and not actual arrows for obvious reasons) When he finally felt like he was old enough to swap for actual arrows he loaded is bow carefully, horn alight with soft blue magic as he raised it, pulled the string back so that it grazed his cheek softly… and fired!

The arrow soared through the air, and at the right moment due to the spell that Reaver knew , it caught alight bursting with blue flames streaming from the tip and sunk into the target, sinking clear through to the other side and imbedding itself in the wood that supported the target, it was a perfect shot! And Reaver received his cutie mark then and there, the soaring arrow representing his keen aim, and the blue flames streaming from the tip to symbolize his magical flames he could spark on them.

Soon foalhood was left behind and Reaver became a young man and part of the Royal Guard and for many years was a very loyal cog in the machine that helped keep Canterlot safe and secure… until one day something terrible happened.

There had been reports of a Ursa Minor prowling the grounds outside Canterlot, and where there was a Minor a Major was sure to follow! The guards ran out to try and heard it back towards the woods so both it and their citizens would be safe. It wasn’t easy and in the process the cranky toddler swiped at the group, a good deal of the guards got away, but Reaver… did not taking a rather nasty nick across the face by the baby.

When all was said and done and the infant was back where it belonged (with it’s mother) Reaver went to the Medical bay, his eye was already a little glassy around the edges… the good news was that he wouldn’t lose his sight fully in his eye and with time it would seem like it was never scratched! However it would be incredibly sensitive to the sun and staring at a target too long would make his vision blurry… and since Reaver needed to have his head unblocked to shoot a helmet was out of the question…

So with a heavy heart and a little bitterness Reaver retired from the Guard, receiving a metal for all his years of service, but he left the Castle Grounds a changed Stallion forever…

Combat wasn’t something he indulged in anymore, nor did he even watch it for sport! The only time he practiced his craft was in the privacy of his own home in the courtyard… it was one day where he aimed at a target and thought he was in the shade that a stray beam of light got him in the eye and was so painful he horribly missed the target did he vow to never touch the weapon again.

Losing the ability to comfortably do the very talent that made him special brought forth a change in the former guard, as a young stallion Reaver was a generous soul that was there to help all that crossed his path, and would do so with chivalry and honor. Now? He did as he pleased walking with a arrogant stride to his step and used his wealth and status to buy his way into the Canterlot Elite crowd.

He appears very cock sure and full of himself, a smirk on his face as he schmoozes with whomever he feels can benefit him… but when he’s in the dark and alone in his room he stares at the glass case mounted on the wall and the glistening bow and quiver that rest within it’s glistening prison…

And he for a moment feels a deep sorrow that wracks his very core for he misses the past so much and feels there is nothing he can do to fix it.

ReaverColored.png

Image drawn by me, DaveRoth did the Lineart for me, and it was colored in MS Paint.

• Like 1

Hiiii Lime! Wow, what a fantastic application! I have to say you've really outdone yourself this time. Are you sure you really want to make it final, yet?

Maybe you might consider adding some additional story to this wonderful character? What does he do now? Where does he live in Canterlot? How is his relationship with his parents now that he's unable to be part of the Guard and mingles with the other Elites? What are his aspirations or goals now that life has dealt him a different hand?

You do make great characters, how can you put this one over the top before we ship it off for final review and approval?

Pretty happy with how it is now Rose, not interested in explaining his family and such he is an OLDER STALLION after all and doesn't live WITH them anymore.

and it is very obvious what he's doing now, He's Schmoozing and enjoying "Retirement" by using his wealth and inheritance ..I'm basically saying he's an older stallion right?

His family ISN'T around anymore their DEAD.

And He's not DOING anything anymore he's too busy trying to regain the golden years I do not think this app needs more fluff I think it's pretty clean cut with a definite end, middle and start.

Pretty happy with how it is now Rose, not interested in explaining his family and such he is an OLDER STALLION after all and doesn't live WITH them anymore.

and it is very obvious what he's doing now, He's Schmoozing and enjoying "Retirement" by using his wealth and inheritance ..I'm basically saying he's an older stallion right?

His family ISN'T around anymore their DEAD.

And He's not DOING anything anymore he's too busy trying to regain the golden years I do not think this app needs more fluff I think it's pretty clean cut with a definite end, middle and start.

Hi Lime! I'm glad to see you are so enthusiastic about this character! As I stated in my reply, I asked if there was anything more you would like to add to perhaps elevate this application from "the standard" into something really special and interesting to read -- I did not specify that you would need to do so in order to have this application placed for final review. I suggested family back story as a means to give depth to the character, as you did not specify on your application that Reaver's parents were deceased.

I'm not sure what you mean about him not doing anything, as every character must be doing something. Since that something is him not doing anything, that something of him doing anything is certainly nothing at all.

I'm glad we cleared everything up! I'll pass your application on for review! :D

Hi Lime! Thank you for your patience. Could you pretty please let me know the status of Reaver's parents? I understand he is an older stallion, but for the sake of clarity, I would like to know whether his parents died of natural causes, or if they passed on in some other way.

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...