Iron Pony 2012 Information

Welcome to the Iron Pony Competition!

Welcome to the roughest- toughest- and dustiest display of skill in all of Equestria! Ponies will compete in events that test their strength, speed, endurance, and stomachs! Do you have what it takes to be your best? Do you have what it takes to exceed the rest?? Do you have what it takes to be- The Iron Pony?!

Join us in the games- and show us what you've got!

Basic Information and Rules:

- Please observe all site rules while you participate!

- The Iron Pony Competition will last for two weeks, Starting Friday, July 27th and going until, Friday, August 10th!

- We will host different events each week for you to compete in- please check each thread for rules on how to compete, and how each competition will be judged!

- To begin participating, click on the event that interests you and read the instructions and guidelines- then begin posting!

- There is honor to be earned for the ponies who prove their mettle as the toughest stuff- each competition will announce a winner!

- Multiple OC's / Characters may be used for events. Please read up on the rules in every competition as they may be different per contest.

- A judge's decision is final! Please respect the judges and your competitors! While we are a competing to do our best, we are all part of the same community! Love and Tolerate your competition!

ironpony_logo.png

A few questions: Can a single character compete in multiple events at the same time? Also, can a character compete in an event even if they lost in another one?

Yes, characters can compete in multiple events at the same time.

Events are self-contained by the staff running them, so "losing" in one event does not disqualify the character from participating in other events.

Query: Are there age limits or a "junior" division or anything? It recently occured to me that apart from Lyra (who I don't think would be into this) all my characters are colts or fillies.

Alternatively, I seem to remember a rule that allowed crossover characters to join in special events. Is that still in effect? Because I do have Chrysalis... Just saying... :twisted:

Query: Are there age limits or a "junior" division or anything? It recently occured to me that apart from Lyra (who I don't think would be into this) all my characters are colts or fillies.

Alternatively, I seem to remember a rule that allowed crossover characters to join in special events. Is that still in effect? Because I do have Chrysalis... Just saying... :twisted:

I had Scootaloo compete on the high dive. I hope theres no problem with that.

• 2 weeks later...

The final whistle has been blown!

That's it, we're all done! Thank you for taking part.

:Flutter: What now?

Staff are now going through your posts to find the winners!

:RDash: Keep an eye for the closing thread which will announce the winners from each event and their awards given :RDash:

Will the scoring be Olympic style (1st place - Gold, 2nd place - Silver, 3rd place - Bronze) or simply a 'Top Score Only' Winner's circle?