[Ponyville] Visions of Frosting and Terror! [Open]

Rosewind

Pinkie remained upside down, her face partially obscured by the bottom hem of her cloak. She crossed her arms, staring deep into Colgate's azure eyes from under the table. Straight into her soul. "Healthcare huh? Hmm. Let me ask you a really deep question. Think carefully before you answer, as..." Pinkie perked her ear, listening to Pumpkin thumping around on top of the table.

She blinked blankly. "...what was I saying? Oh right, do you like carrot soup? I like mine with a little candied ginger and sour cream on top. Now that you mention it, I am getting kind of hungry. I had a pie but needed to use it for a fortune, and I gave my orange to a unicorn. Come to think about it, I've had nothing but unicorns! They must really know a good fortune teller when they see one, huh?!" Pinkie nodded from her upside down position, quite pleased with herself.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colgate was completely nonplussed by Pinkie's sudden erratic change in subject matter, the only indication that she'd noticed was a small blink. It was only to be expected around this particular pony! If nothing else she could have a little bit of fun.

"Well," she started, tilting her head sideways but not lying completely on the ground like Pinkie was, "I prefer mine a little lighter with just a few nice daisy petals floating in it. I didn't mean to make you hungry, but I guess fortune favors the full stomach?"

She snickered at her own joke, nearly thumping her head on the bottom of the table.

"Unicorns are naturally in tune with fate magic, didn't you know?" she asked, feigning surprise. "Of course we'd come out to see you. Don't let them tell you that you're any less believable just because you don't have a horn! There's other ponies outside though, so they might just break your trend," she added in an ominous tone.

Pinkie sniffed, still upside down. Her mood went from cheerful to gloomy nearly instantly. "A horn! I...I want a horn. Do you think everypony would take Madame Pinkie more seriously if she had a horn? Where would I find one, though? One that isn't in use already, of course!" She turned herself right side up, banging her head on the underside of her table with a sickening thwack. Her headdress flew off, rolling to a stop on the floor several feet away. "Owwie!"

Pumpkin giggled at her foalsitter's misfortune, her hoof deep in her mouth. Pinkie rubbed her temple gingerly, her fluffy, curly mane poofing every which way. "What's so funny, Pumpkin? Did you likie seeing Madame Pinkie hanging her heady weady?" The unicorn foal nodded, her ducktail waving back and forth. Pinkie looked to Colgate. "Foals these days! No respect for older ponies! I remember when I was a little filly, I had to walk ten miles through the snow to deliver rocks to Ponyville. Barehooved!" Pinkie paused. "So...health care. I think it's eventually going to get so expensive, everypony will have to turn to home remedies. Did you know you can stick a peanut butter and jelly sammich on your head if you've got a cold? I know that soup is the go-to cure, but trust me on this!" Another pause. "Do you have any other exciting questions? Like 'will I get devoured by a dragon in the next five months' or something? The answer to that is yes, by the way."

Berry Punch was befuddled and bemused at the sign outside the odd tent - a tent seemingly full of promise, predictions and ponies...a tent that seemed to have sprung up out of nowhere and pitched itself outside of Sugarcube corner - eyebrow raised as she reads the sign aloud to herself, a little uncertain. " Ask Madame Pinkie! Fortune and Fa... " She blinks, shaking her head a little in confusion as she realised that was literally all there was to that.

" Fa-...Fa-What, exactly? " she mutters to herself, rubbing her muzzle. " Oh well, this looks like a good idea, don't you thi- "

Berry then looks around for a moment - she could swear she'd brought her young'un with her...although given that the curiosity of a foal was neverending, and there was a large line of ponies here, she resigns herself to the idea that it was entirely possible that the filly in question had dashed off to check out something in the area without her even noticing.

" WELL...I'm Going to the back of the line now... " she announces loudly, in hope of attracting their currently-errant attention.

" And if you don't get back before 'Madame Pinkie' calls us in, no Ice Cream birthday cake later! "

She knew that would probably do the trick on her intended 'target' - the loss of sweet treats on ones birthday beats out all else!

Ice Cream Birthday Cake.

It may as well be a secret password or something. Little Pinchy had run off to chase a butterfly nearby... but those four words were like... like... well, they work! They just DO, man!

A little cloud of dust, and Pinchy was there standing right next to her mother... Much like a roadrunner, but with significantly less beeping. She opted for an adorable little smile instead. But, then she noticed the line and such! Huh? Were they all getting ice cream cake too? Leaning out past all the pony bodies, she saw the sign!

"*GASP!* Mommy, I'm gonna have my fortune read?! And what's a 'Fa'?"

Certainly this was something beyond her comprehention, and the mere mention of this in schooling would hveconfused the daylights out of her, or rendered her intellectually inept from how awesome it is. This... mysterious 'Fa'.

Colgate watched the little fiasco repeat itself, with Pinkie ending up in some odd position with Pumpkin showing obvious amusement. Foals were so easy to entertain with pain, she had never understood why. With a gentle glimmer her horn lit with magic, enveloping the dislodged headdress in azure light and lifting it into the air where the unicorn could dust it off with a hoof and offer it to the hyperactive mare.

"Are you alright?" she asked, knowing rather full well that she would be. "And I had a feeling about health care. You may not think it's exciting, but I do! That could affect my supplies, especially...." she looked from side to side before whispering, "my laughing gas! That's almost the best part aside from the brushing and flossing. As for the dragon, it's good to know that Malmortus will be keeping his appointment. He's got a fang that's been bugging him for forever now."

Not wanting to disappoint Pinkie, Colgate put a hoof to her chin in thought before shaking her head.

"I guess I don't really have any other questions, but I could go for a quick hoof reading if you're up for it!"

As she spoke, her magic also gathered all the stray pie crumbs she could find and coagulated them into a tiny, tasty ball that plopped right in front of the unicorn foal. She didn't have teeth to rot with sweets yet, so best to dive in while she could!

Pinkie gasped, pleased she was right with her dragon-devouring portent. "I was right!? Oh...I mean. YES! I was right!" She nodded, snagging her headdress and plopping it back on top of her head. Strands of her curly mane jutted out at odd angles. It was also backwards. "How do you make laughing gas? Do you tell it a joke? Heehehee!" She grinned awkwardly. She loved all of her friends in Ponyville, but she had to admit that dentist ponies made her uneasy. Could you blame her, considering her place of employment? "Hoof readings are so passé. Let's do a tail reading instead! You'd be surprised what you'll find with a little tail clipping!" She dug in her lavender cloak, which seemed to be stuffed with random objects, and produced a pair of scissors.

"Turn around and close your eyes. No sudden movements, okies?! Last time I did this...actually, let's not talk about last time." Snip snip.

Pumpkin poked the little ball of pie crumbs, not sure what to make of it. She stuffed it in her mouth anyway, cheeking it like a hamster.

Colgate snickered as she watched Pinkie's reaction to her statement, shaking her head slightly. She really was adorable in an offbeat way sometimes. And... then she was just odd sometimes. That was alright though. Somepony had to be, otherwise Ponyville would get pretty boring.

"Not really, but I'm sure if we could bottle some of you Pinkie we'd be set on that gas for life!" the unicorn admitted. "Or go out of business. I'm really not sure which. Any Pinkie laughing gas wouldn't make sweets in my office would it?" she questioned, half-serious. She'd seen stranger things from the earth pony.

Her eyes widened a bit at the emergence of the scissors, but Colgate followed Pinkie's instructions and turned around to offer her tail. She usually wouldn't have a problem with this, but considering the other mare's words just moments before, her hind legs snapped taut with mild apprehension.

"Just uh... be careful, okay?" she said over her shoulder, her voice wavering only slightly.

Beads of sweat dripped down Pinkie's face as she opened the scissors wide, making a sharp snipping sound. She wrapped a few strands of Colgate's blue and white tail around her free hoof, and squeezed the handles of the scissors. Snip! Pumpkin looked on curiously, cramming her hoof in her mouth, her cheek still stuffed with pie crumbs. "Got it! Whew, that went better than I expected!" She twirled the lock of Colgate's tail around. "I could make a little dolly out of your tail strand! Wouldn't that be cute?!

The pink mare set the bit of tail on her table, and braided the blue and white together. She held it up, giving it a flick. "This is the fun part! I have to prime the hair with my gypsy power!" She flossed her teeth with it, extracting a half-finished red lollipop from her mouth. "Whoops! How'd that get there?!" Pinkie examined the bit of tail closely, her headdress falling off her head again. She didn't seem to notice. "Mmm! Mmmhm! Aaah! Ooooooh! Yup! It all makes sense now!" Pinkie smiled at Colgate. "Your bit of tail tells me that you will find...er." Pinkie smiled awkwardly. "Um." Pumpkin blinked at Pinkie, tilting her head to the side. "It says you'll get two cavities soon, and you'll possibly need a root canal!" Pinkie patted Colgate's shoulder. "My gypsy spit doesn't lie!" She smiled. "Don't worry, though! I mean like, I eat lots of sweets, and my teeth are just fine!" She looked down at the red lollipop on the table. "Actually...maybe I'll make an appointment in a month or six."

Colgate braced herself and squeezed her eyes shut as the heard the wicked keening call of the shears.... then blinked when Pinkie actually pulled it off without a hitch. She'd taken more than the unicorn had thought she would, but it was better than missing a piece of flank instead. Much better. She turned back around to face the gypsy fortune teller, a mild look of amusement battling a slightly strained bit of confusion at watching the earth pony play with her tail hairs.

"If you could somehow make a doll out of just that bit of hair, I'd be pretty impressed," Colgate admitted, watching her companion braid and tie the snipped bit of tail before flicking it around... then flossing her teeth with it.

A look of unabashed, sickened horror warped the dentist's features into a dropped jaw of disbelief, her eyes widening and twitching when a partial lollipop emerged from between Pinkie's teeth, sticking thickly in Colgate's tail hairs. The other pony was defacing the wonderful art of flossing! And with her tail no less! Seeing the eccentric mare chew on her own tail was one thing, and fairly commonplace. But this.... This was just sick. Colgate's cheeks tinged with green as she tried to speak, hiccupped thickly, swallowed, and gingerly tried again.

"Thanks Pinkie," she murmured heavily, her voice sounding as though she'd been socked in the stomach. "I'll... I'll make sure to watch for that. Make sure to... hck... brush before visiting," she finally finished, turning toward the entrance to the tent and lifting the flap with a wobbly aura of magic. "I'll see you around, okay? I think I'm going to need mouthwash very soon."

With that Colgate stumbled out into the street once more, angling toward home with a hoof to her mouth. Her stomach gurgled. The race was on, and it was going to be a close one.

Pinkie looked over her tent area. It was in absolute shambles! The tattered tablecloth was covered in goo and ink. fireflies pulsing softly in the air from their escaped lamp. Bits of orange peel were strewn about the floor. She scooped up Pumpkin and held her under her armpits. The foal squirmed, still covered in a coating of purple pie filling. "Guess it's time for a bath, cutie!" She adjusted her headress, and slung Pumpkin over her shoulder like a sack of flour, exiting through the back of the tent.

After several minutes, she returned with a clean foal (still slightly purple), and a bag of fresh fortune-telling items and snacks. She had washed herself up as well, though her mane was still damp and poofily bedraggled. Pinkie set Pumpkin on her woven wicker chair, and flipped Rarity's table cloth over to the fresh side. She set out a plate of pink doughnuts, apple crumples, and millet rolls, as well as a flask of grass juice. Pumpkin reached for the fresh food. Pinkie bit her lip. "Geez Pumpkin, you're a hungry little filly! If I feed you anymore, your parents'll string me up from the rafters!" The foal frowned, sticking her hoof in her mouth. Pinkie set her cloak over herself again, clearing her throat. "Madame Pinkie shall see her next vict...er...volunteer! Enter, and face your destiny!" Pumpkin rolled her eyes, drool running down her violet-hued arm.

ApplePiebanner2.png

Taking that as her cue Apple Pie got off of her plot and strode into the tent with a strange smile on her face, she knew that nothing really that bad could happen, it was Pinkie Pie after all.

"Hello Madame Pinkie, it has come to my attention that you are being able to tell my fortune and even read my future." She spoke as she took a seat in front of the Gypsy. Taking a quick look about the place she noticed that the tent seemed much larger inside then it did on the outside either that or it was just crammed with enough stuff to hide its true size. It didn't take her long to have pondered up how in the world this whole situation was going to go down but she left it to her Gypsy guide Pinkie Pie to dictate how things would play out in the end.

"So let us begin, or better yet, why don't you tell me something about what you do here and then you can tell my fortune. I'm also curious about my love life, not that I have one yet since I am still just a youngin but it doesn't help seeing all these other foals close to my age getting special someponies." She grinned a bit hoping that this would throw Madame Pinkie off a bit.

Pinkie put her hooves on the table, leaving over to examine the filly. The beads on her headdress jingled. One of her stray fireflies landed on her nose. She sniffed, shooing it away. "Hi there Apple Pie! I'm so glad to see a not-unicorn! Not that I don't mind unicorns or anything!" Pumpkin crossed her arms, giving Pinkie a dirty look from her place on the chair. Pinkie grinned at her awkwardly, turning back to Apple Pie. "I'm afraid you missed the blueberry wheat pie, though I have lots of other goodies now! Grass juice? Doughnut?! Grab a chair and join us. I'm Madame Pinkie, fortune teller extraordimare!" The pink mare cleared her throat. flourishing her woven lavender cloak across her face. "I'll tell you anything you need to know...If you dare! Heeheehee!" Long pause. "Oooh, you know what?!"

Pinkie dipped her head into her bag, digging around excitedly. After a few moments, she extracted a deck of cards. They were unevenly cut, and slathered with various drawings. "I made them myself! Carot cards!" She fanned the deck across the table. "Since you don't have a horn, we can't do an Inkhorn reading. I'm afraid your fate is in the cards! Ha! Hahahaha!" Pumpkin facehooved. The pink mare shuffled her deck of cards, setting them into three piles. "Pick a pile, and pick wisely! If you don't, it would be an unwise pick, which would be unfortunately unfortunate, indeedie!"

ApplePiebanner2.png

With a small shift of her hair and an almost silent sneeze, Apple Pie looked on at Pinkie still not sure what her deal was or how she was able to do any of this. Apple Pie figured though that it wouldn't hurt anything so she pointed to the pie on the far left, from where she was sitting it seemed to be an Apple Pie, and that was often not just a guess for her since her name and her whole life revolved around them. But it was really now up to fate to see what the world would be like for her.

"I pick that one Pinkie, let us begin." She spoke slowly and let her voice fall flat and emotionless as she normally did when she was secretly excited about the upcoming events. She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly hoping to calm her pounding heart, surly if Pinkie were to listen closely she could her its thump thump beating thump thump but that was no matter as now there was no turning back thump thump.

Pinkie blinked, looking to the pile of cards that Apple Pie pointed to. The top card had a splotch on it that looked remarkably like a slice of pie. "You want that one, huh? Are you really, really, really, really, really, really sure?" She looked the filly in the eye with her light blue gaze, squinting. "You know once you pick, there are no take backies, backpeddlies, or changie mindies!" Without waiting for a reply, she scooped up the pile of cards and shuffled them, setting them face down on the gorgeous table cloth.

She slammed her hoof down on the table, causing the cards to fly up several feet, then flutter down. Pumpkin jumped up, startled. She just as quickly dismissed Pinkie, returning her hoof to her mouth for more suckling. The pink mare massaged the cards, looking up at Apple Pie. "Card reading is kind of like baking! You have to mix up the cards like a good dough, or else the fortune won't rise and you'll end up with...well, you know." Something about the young pony visiting her seemed a bit...strange. She couldn't put her hoof on it. Popping a grin, she returned the cards to a deck and shuffled them several more times, before slapping the top card down on the table, face up.

On the top? It was crudely-drawn in crayon, but clearly unmistakable: a timber wolf!

Razor stretched his wings, the flight appendages cracking slightly. He had just finished his last deleivery for the time being and the pay had been good. Though certainly the destination could have been a bit better, but a job was a job.

'Now what to do with my free time. This place isn't exactly griffon material but I'm sure I can find something to use my free time on.' He thought as he walked.

As he walked he spotted a line of ponies near a tent. The sign drew his attention and perplexed him.

"What is Fa?" He said to himself.

Curiosity taking over Razor made his way to the back of the line and waited. As he waited he hummed a jaunty little tune to pass the time.

With a strange gaze Apple Pie looked on at Pinkie as she tossed the cards about and as they fall down she notices the Timber Wolf which causes shivers to run down her spine.

"Yes I am positive that I want that slice of pie." She nodded her head a few times and let her mane settle a touch as she looked on with a curiously intrigued face. Her eyes squint in as she attempted to figure out what Pinkie was even doing. It was a strange day for sure but it wasn't like she had anything else to be doing other then silly chores that would wait for her to return.

Berry was currently standing in the line, a bemused expression on her face - things were going on in this gathering that she honestly wasn't sure about...and whilst she wasn't too far away from getting her chance to see what this 'madame pinkie' would have to say about Pinchy and herself, she wasn't entirely sure what such an endeavour would involve, seeing as she had seen some very uncertain and confused faces coming to and going from this location the last few moments.

The longer she stayed in this line, the more bewildered the wine colored mare found herself feeling...but given that she'd promised her little pinchy an ice cream cake, she owed it to herself and her adorable daughter to hold fast and find out just what was at the end of this little waiting game - and to see this mysterious 'fa' in all of it's glory!

Pinkie Pie picked up the card, flicking it with her hoof. "This is great news! Lookie at that!" She turned the card around, shoving it in Applepie's face. "A timber wolf! At least I think it is. I was running out of brown crayon and had to use a little purple. And green. Oooh, but see those teeth? Yeah, that's a timber wolf!" She set the card down and nodded enthusiastically. "You'd think it'd mean you'll get eaten by one or something terrible will happen, but nopearooski! It means you have a strong and prideful personality -- stalwart, unique, and unabashed!" She noticed for the first time in several minutes her beaded headdress was on backwards. She flipped it around, the beads clinking softly.

She shuffled more of Applepie's card pile, setting more cards down on the table. A wedge of cheese (drawn in purple), a cow, a bowl of ice cream, and a rainbow (drawn in mostly pink). "Oooh yes, I see! The Three Dairies. Very intriguing." Pinkie Pie frowned. "Now this is bad news! It's all right here, in black and white...and red green, pink, purple. Well yeah, you get the idea. You!" Pinkie pointed at Applepie's chest. "The fates have spoken! You are clearly not getting enough calcium!" Pinkie Pie withdraw a baby bottle from her box of goodies, filled with fresh milk. Pumpkin raised her head. She was quite full from her earlier snack, it couldn't possibly be feeding time already! She felt a little queasy, sticking her little hoof to her mouth.

Pinkie nodded to Pumpkin. "Don't worry, sweetie! I'll get you another bottle. Somefilly else needs it more!" The pink mare unceremoniously shoved Pumpkin's bottle toward Apple Pie's mouth.

ApplePiebanner2.png

Apple Pie gingerly looked on at Pinkie in wonder as she word vomited about the three dairies. She was used to ponies talking a lot and in quick succession, but it was becoming clear that Pinkie had an affinity for it. Most of what she said was cohearent other then the parts about the colors being black and white...and red green, pink, purple but she soon just let that go and grabbed the bottle from Pinkie and placed it down on the table next to herself.

"Now is not the time for such games Pinkie, I have given you a task and it appears as if you are, beating around the bush, as they say. I do not have anywhere else to be but I sure would like to get the information that I came seeking before we go off on other topics." She took a small pause and then took a deep breath, she then let her voice fall flat again before she started to speak. "I am sorry Madame Pinkie, I know I don't get enough calcium in my diet and I am grateful that you are at least looking out a bit for me. It does mean a lot to me, but I pride myself on not relying on others so it is a bit of a conflict-ion with me." She swished her tail a bit and popped the top off the baby bottle so that she could drink a bit of the milk, it was cool and refreshing but felt strange going down.

"May I ask what kind of milk this is?" She let out as softly as she could while still being heard, that was one skill of hers was to force ponies to listen to her by talking quietly. Yelling never helped in her situations so she went the other route.

Pinkie Pie giggled. "Not time for games?! Madame Pinkie does not play games! She sees all and tells all!" She nodded sage-like, watching Apple Pie carefully as she drank the milk. "What kind of milk was in the bottle?" She put her hoof on her chin, looking up to the ceiling of the tent. "Well...er, that was Pumpkin's milk, and Pumpkin's milk comes from Pumpkin's mother. That's mare's milk! Mmm mmm mmm! I bet you're feeling better already, huh?!"

She shuffled the deck, setting several more cards on the table. This time it was a butterfly, an ice cream cone, a rake, and a spoon. She stared hard at her cards. "Well gee...that's kind of confusing. Let's do that over again." She sheepishly gathered up her cards, shuffled them again, and dealt out a new hand. This time it was a head of broccoli, a leaf, a frog, and a green square. "Sorry, that one was supposed to be a crouton. Aah, this is much better. You know what?! All of these cards're green! I wonder why?"

• 2 weeks later...

ApplePiebanner2.png

"What kind of milk was in the bottle?" Pinkie said as she looked up, Apple Pie kept on drinking not thinking anything was up, in fact the milk did taste pretty good. Pinkie continued to ramble on about the milk and Apple Pie had almost toned it all out until she caught: Pumpkin's milk comes from Pumpkin's mother. That's mare's milk!

comes from Pumpkin's mother

Pumpkin's mother....

Apple Pie swallowed the bit of milk that was in her mouth and passed the bottle back.

"Well that is one way to ruin a filly's appetite for sure." She shook her head trying to get the thought out of her head, in fact there was very many more important things to be discussing and doing then worrying about where the milk had come from.

"That is a great question Madame Pinkie, why are they all green?" Apple Pie had a good idea of why, maybe it was the fact that all her other colors ran out and she had to resort to just using green for everything OR, it was a sign that Apple Pie was in fact jealous of some of the other fillies her age who had seemed to not per say mature but become more of the standardized mare quickly.

"Please Madame Pinkie inform me as to why they are all green, and to what they all mean." She let her voice fall back to being flat since she had seemed to get a bit excited as she was being lead on about the cards and the fate that they held for her.

Berry found herself presented with a rather odd position - whilst she had been standing still, it appeared as though a butterfly had settled on her nose...and was quite comfortably sleeping there, apparently. She wasn't sure if it was just an overactive imagination, but if she listened hard enough it almost felt as though she was able to hear the little thing snoring...but surely that wasn't the case, right?

She was trying to look around to see what pinchy might be up to - but with this rather adorable thing having made it's temporary snooze location her muzzle, she was stuck with simply using the limited scope that her eyes would afford her whilst keeping her head still as she could...oh my, this was so very difficult to keep up, especially since she needed to be ready to move along with the line at a moments notice. Welp, this was going to make this quite an awkward moment for the mare!

Berry held her breath, daring not to do anything that might disrupt the quiet butterflies slumber, hoping an answer would come to her eventually!

Pinkie Pie stamped her hoof on the table. The green cards flipped around in the air, then settled back down to the purple table cloth like leaves falling from a tree. An escapee flrefly landed between her eyes and lit its buttlamp, casting an eerie green glow that reflected off her large, blue irises. "Green! It must mean something. Maybe it wasn't calcium...maybe you're missing greens from your diet! Come to think of it, you do look a little green. And I don't mean your mane, cause that's already green!" She giggled, holding her hoof to her mouth. Pumpkin mimicked her and stuck her little hoof up to her mouth. "The nice thing about greens is they're pretty much everywhere!" Pinkie twirled her cloak and stood up, flicking her shaggy rug aside with a kick of her pink hoof, to reveal a patch of flattened grass. "Hm...that's not very appetizing. I could make you an alfalfa milkshake if you want! Is there any milk left? Oh, or what about a pickled cucumber and lemonade salad?!"

The firefly took off from Pinkie's face and landed on Pumpkin's little horn. She looked up, her eyes slightly crossed, as she observed the bug in wonder. "Ha! Isn't that really cute? That's a firefly, Pumpkin! Their little flanks light up! Wouldn't that be funny if ponies did that?!" The foal happily ignored her, and grasped for the insect. "So, will that shake be for here, or to go?!"

Archived