[Ponyville] Visions of Frosting and Terror! [Open]

Rosewind

Ruby was amazed at the sight of the bag, her eyes going wide as dinner plates with wonder. She sucked in a bewildered, awe-filled gasp of air as she dumped these mystical cookies out. Oh. My. Celestia. They looked delicious. She didn't even hear the part about them being baked from haunted stuff on a full moon. Would that make them cursed? Probably the best tasting curse EVER. "Oooo~!"

The filly was in a trance already, reaching her hooves out to partake in this wondrous disks of chocolate and baked dough... But she was surprised when Pinkie Pie took them, having missed the part where she was supposed to put her hooves out entirely. Well, at least she hadn't done anything wrong yet. That was a plus! But then came the song. Wait! She didn't know the cookie seance song! She tried to keep up with the mare and learn this tune at the same time, thinking she was supposed to sing along. The result was only a mish-mash of only certain words she picked up, and far off-tune from Pinkie Pie's.

"...Choc-Chocolate chip... uhm... peacan... cookie too? ...Come for you! Oh, uhm... Butterscotch sa- kale! ...ghosts... mo- oh, moan or wail!" She did it!

But then... A presence! Pinchy held absolutely still, intimidated by this possible pony of baked treat from beyond! "W-What is it Madame Pinkie?! What do they say?!" SHE MUST KNOW!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pinkie Pie dipped her head backward in a dramatic swoon as she finished her song, with Pinchy following her words in tow. The free fireflies took to the air, buzzing around; their little butt-lights casting an eerie glow about the tent. "Yes, dear Berry! It is colder! Much colder! Oooooh! Ooooooooooooooooooh!" The mare grabbed some of her stale cookies. She tested the hardness of one on the edge of her table, before banging it against the edge. It finally crumbled. She tossed bits of cookie crumbs about the tent, giggling.

"Oh yes, Spirits of Desserts past! Feast on my cookie! Tell me, what is the destiny of this little filly?!"

Another gust of wind entered the tent, causing the fireflies to scatter. The tent went pitch black. Suddenly, a shadow appeared on top of the table! Pinkie's eyes widened. She let out a high shriek, toppling out the back of her chair. She pointed upwards with her pink hoof. "Eeeee! Oh no, it's angry! Aaah! Look at that mane! It looks like a duck's bottom!" She paused, her features melting into a flat look. "Wait a sec...a duck's bottom? Pumpkin?"

The fireflies reassembled, casting the green glow about the tent again. The infant unicorn, Pumpkin Cake, had just awakened from her nap. She sat on the table, happily chewing at one of the stale cookies, drool running down her chin. Pinkie sighed heavily and fell backwards. "I think we've found our spirit!"

With all of this happening so fast, Berry barely had time to comprehend the situation - it was all so spooktacular and unexpected that the wine-colored mare barely had any time to react once the strange experience began. Pinkie was so into the moment, that Berry was absolutely unable to speak or do anything whilst things transpired - it was so eery to see this weird, semi-supernatural event take place in front of her eyes...what would they learn - Would there be something truly memorable to take away from all this?!

She glanced at Pinchy, who was suspended in a state of filly curiosity and wonder - this was clearly what the little one needed, and regardless of what was to come, Berry was glad that she was able to give her a little something to remember on what had just initially been them coming home a small day out to the park!

It was then that Pinkie shrieks and Berry spooked herself into looking back over at the party mare, her breath catching in her throat as she looked up where Pinkie was staring...the shadow before her eyes causing her to almost let out a small shriek of her own - this was intense, the very fact that a ghostly presence was right here with them and moving so very close. She daren't move, for she didn't know what forces she was witnessing...what kind of wild magicks and conjurings of the supernatural was this thing capable of performing if startled?

"Eeeee! Oh no, it's angry! Aaah! Look at that mane! It looks like a duck's bottom!"

Pinkies voice broke Berry out of her reverie, before the pink mare spoke again and wound up completely killing the sense of ambience and mood that had been created. "Wait a sec...a duck's bottom? Pumpkin?"

Berry could scarcely believe her eyes when it was indeed revealed to be Pumpkin...so much for the mysterious forces of summoning the spirits of the recently consumed...it was then that the mare found herself unable to stop herself from giggling at the absurdity of it all - it was all rather funny when you thought about it, really!

This was so cool! She looked all around the tent as the wind blew in and the fireflies put on a superb little show! Yes! YES! The pastry was going to speak! She could feel it! A great sugary visitor from beyond! But then Pinkie tossed in some stale cookie bits! Wait... Was a stale cookie the equivalent of a dead body?! Does that mean pastries are cannibals?! YIKES! Though at the same time that was kinda cool. She couldn't wait to tell her friends she met a cannibal cookie! With what she's seen, they'll have no choice but to believe her! This was all just so great!

"What is my destiny?!" she follows up Pinkie's question, just caught up in the moment.

But... Wait... Everything got dark! And then there was something onthetableOHNOOOO!

Pinchy had to scream with Pinkie when the ghostly thing appeared, dashing from her seat to her mother's leg and clinging to it. "A duck's bottom! Run!" Those things were horrifying. But then everything seemed to calm down, the filly opening an eye to look up at the baby on the counter, absolutely unphased by the spooky happenings of the tent. After having a little laugh, she let go of her mother and climbed back up into her seat, legs flailing a moment as she hoisted herself up. "So... What's my destiny, Madame Pinkie?!" The excited filly asked, still really really REALLY wanting to know.

• 4 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie nodded sage-like, motioning to the foal. "Er...clearly Pumpkin Cake is the medium for the dessert spirits! Look at her beady blue eyes! Can't you see? She's possessed!"

Nonplussed, Pumpkin Cake blinked at Pinkie, before stuffing her hoof in her mouth. She glanced about the table, looking for any extra stale cookie crumbs to stuff in her gob. Giggling, Pinkie picked her up under her little arms. "Tell us, Pumpkin! Tell us Pinchy's destiny!"

Pumpkin looked between the filly and her mother, back and forth. She tensed up. Pinkie looked onward in shocked silence. Surely the dessert spirit would speak through the foal! She opened her mouth wider and wider. A thick, deep silence overtook the tent.

The infant unicorn burped. Loudly. Pinkie wrinkled her nose, holding the baby at her arm's length. "Eeew, Pumpkin! At least say excuse me, silly filly!" She burped again. Pinkie Pie grinned sheepishly, flopping in the wicker chair. She cradled Pumpkin in the crook of her arm. "There ya go, Pinchy! Your destiny is a burp! Maybe Pumpkin is saying that you'll grow up to uhhhm, work in a burp factory? Or maybe you'll be a doctor that cures burps! YES! That's it!" Pinkie flicked her beaded headdress smartly, smiling. "Madame Pinkie knows alllllll! My little dessert spirit, your parents are going to not be very happy that I've spoiled your din din about a bazillion times!"

Well, Berry could hardly call this a waste of time...far from it - it had been SOMETHING though, and the wine colored mare found herself a little short for words to describe the mixed emotions that todays little excursion had been. When Pinchy and Pinkie finished their little exchange, she brushed herself off and gave a small exhale - one borne of a mare whom had certainly had enough of spiritual dessert encounters and weird cake readings to last a whole lifetime, thankyou very much!

" Well... " Berry says after a moment of thought, making sure to hastily wrap up a couple of slices of the delicious cake concocted earlier in their madame pinkie encounter. " This most certainly has been quite the...experience - yes...yes I think that about explains what we've all felt here today! " Berry says with a small giggle of amusement. " Little had I any idea what me and my little Pinchy were in for when we came here today, but it's definitely proven to be a rather memerable event for both of us, and I think that's about as much as anypony can say of it! "

Berry looked over at the young infant pony - so very adorable, but clearly a troublemaker at heart...immediately reminding her of the youngster she herself was both always exhausted by and proud of in equal amounts...Pinchy could be a hoofful, but she was one that Berry wouldn't have any other way. Whilst she was sure that Pinchy WASN'T likely to be a Burpologist or anything of the sort, she WAS sure that the silly filly would be something that she could be have pride in, regardless - and that was good enough for her.

Anyway, this whole event had clearly come to a conclusion, and now it was tome to let the next in line have their turn at last!

" Well, thankyou for your expertise, Madame Pinkie...I had fun today, and I know Pinchy did too! " Berry says with a smile and a nod of the head, just glad to have had the diversion! " Come along, Pinchy - I DO believe I promised you some Ice cream cake today....if we hurry, I'm sure we can stop by the shop before it closes! "

• 2 weeks later...

Pumpkin Cake suckled her hoof cutely, as Pinkie rocked her back and forth in the crook of her arms. Her beaded headdress jingled from the various beads and trinkets she had decorated it with. "Hah, yeah! It was definitely definite fun! I think you and Pinchy should come over one night for a slumber party! Wouldn't that be ama~zing fun?! We could slather our faces with seaweed, eat chocolate, talk about stallions, read spooooky stories, braid our manes, play pranks on the Cakes, bake cupcakes, make a table fort, play board games, drink lots of punch and see who runs to the bathroom first..."

The mare poked Pumpkin's tummy. "Er...well, you just go wherever you like, doncha? Teehee!" Her gaze drifted to Pinchy. "Hmm, your mother doesn't want you to be a burpologist? I say do whatever and go wherever the wind takes you! HA!"

• 2 weeks later...

Razor snored as he slept. Until something fell on his head.

"OW!" He snarled as he held his head. What hit him!?!

He looked and saw a flowerpot shattered on the ground.....where did that come from?

"This place is bad for my health." He said as he rubbed his head and looked toward the flap of the tent. He wondered what was going on in there. Well, unless someone ran out of there screaming, he figured it was okay. Then again....this was Pinkie.

Archived