"Pirate Ponies" RP Idea

Talex

I don't know if this has been done before, but I've been itching to do this ever since I saw this. (and some other pictures too :P)

I encourage you to click this and listen while you read

ponies_of_the_caribbean_by_poowis-d48o6qn.png

Yes. Pony Pirates. Give your OC their own ship and crew and wage war on the seven seas. Even join the official navy and fight off other pirates. Bounty hunting? Yes. Player formed alliances? Yes. Treasure hunting? Yes. Raiding other players? to a point....

I will allow players to engage in ship raids and battles. But you can not take another player by storm so to speak. You can not attack and defeat another character in one post and you may not kill off another player. (Let that be their choice.) If you were to attack another player then the battle should span a good number of posts and replies.

Some rules I made up real quick to help give you an idea of how this will work. I plan to keep these and possibly add on to them if this gains momentum.

-This is NOT a reenactment of the pirates of the Caribbean, although themes and references are welcome.

-I will NOT allow invincible ships such as the black pearl or invincible anything for that matter. You are a mortal pony in the times of pirate warfare.

-I will NOT allow Jack Sparrow characters

-I will DISCOURAGE on-land role play. Let's try to keep this to the ships in the water.

-I will NOT allow technology that doesn't fit the era. You have flintlock pistols, blunderbusses, swords, hooks, daggers, cannons, makeshift grenades, unicorn magic, eye patches and cool hats. Don't give your OC a laser gun >.>

-I will allow the taking of prisoners. But these prisoners must have some sort of chance to escape or at least interact with other players. May that be the involvement of a third party or some random event you make up.

-I will NOT allow the killing off of characters unless the player of that character is willing.

-This will be a roleplay that is friendly to all ages. Alcohol can be substituted for Cider or Berry juice.

-You are allowed to play one character unless otherwise permitted. It is advised that this one character be a captain so that they can shout orders at a crew. If you want to play multiple characters I will ask that you PM me the details. I'll probably say yes.

-Alliances are permitted, but make them reasonable.

-Should you choose to have your character die off, you can PM me and ask to continue playing with another character. Again, I'll probably say yes.

You've seen what I have in mind. Now I ask you if this is something you might like to take part in. The roleplay will be open but I don't want to start it if no one is going to play. So after I see that enough people want to try this I will start the IC thread and set my OC up for a lovely raiding scenario.

Until then, let me know what your thoughts are on this. Do you like it? Do you not? Any suggestions? Comments? Concerns? Questions?

Edited by Talex

I have an entire pirate crew that has a ship that can double as an airship.

This sounds MUCH more impressive than it actually is. The ship can carry at MOST 5 characters (counting a griffin the size of a seagull, and the other crewmembers), and is largely held together by a unicorn. Weapons are limited to water balloons, and just generally the ability of all crew members to "pull a rarity" and complain so much that anyone who takes them prisoner will immediately let them go just to get away from them. :D

med_gallery_285_363_225704.jpg

Huzzah! I'm glad people like the idea! :D

@StringHeart1257 I'm assuming this is your OC? :shifty:

@flutterscotch That's funny how you have characters that are almost made for this xD I look forward to seeing how they act.

@WhiteSlash Yes it does xD speaking of sound, I added a link to a soundcloud in the first spoiler. I find this so much more fun to read while listening to it x3

@Thebluemage All your yes are belong to me.

I'll make the thread some time later on, but until then I advise everyone who plans on playing to comment here. Just so I can try to plan how big this will be. There will be no limit to the number of players but I want to attempt to get a picture in my mind of how many we will be playing with. ^u^

You bring up a good point.

I will allow you to have control of multiple characters on the same ship (same crew.) I will allow multiple players to be in the same crew/alliance. But I must limit how many different pirate crews/characters a player may play because then they could just have their characters team up and out number someone in a fight, making it unfair. Perhaps if these two characters did not interact much then it would be ok.

I do not plan on having this RP be solely about fighting. It's just that RP combat can be very tricky and I want to explain how I plan on going about it. Hope this makes sense. :)

Just saw this. Great idea! If I were you I'd put it in Free-for-all. More traffic. I would love to join this when you start it up, but I'm still a bit confused on the crew front. Are you saying we can't rp as the crew in general? Or just limiting the key characters in the crew? I don't imagine any of us wanting to team up is all.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing. Sorry about that. I added two new rules that hopefully answer your question. ^^

So free-for-all it is.... TITLE TIME!!! (You get to vote!)

- Pony Buck-aneers [Open] (I tried to make a pun on the word "Buccaneers" with "Buck")

- Ponies of the Caribbean [Open]

- Legends of the Pirate Ponies [Open]

(I don't want to decide myself xP and suggestions are more then welcome!)

I was never truly sure about that plural form :/ thank you. ^^ fixed that. And I see what you're saying with the first choice xD I just wanted to make a pun.... it backfired a bit...

Absolutely, the rp hasn't even officially started :lol: I'll be posting it, hopefully later today. So everypony get your crew ready! Argh!