Fallout Equestria - Steel Factor

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During this past week I have been preparing for a week long cruise. I depart on friday. I planned on us being in Marelia by the time I left so that you could all roam the city and do side quests during my absence, but alas it didnt work out.

IM aware that the rp has stalled, two players are totally AWOL and one I know for a fact is ill. One player I will talk to and the other is held up because of the player I will talk to. Urgh... Difficulties.

Anyway, I will also be opening a new FoE OOC thread in the OOC section for brainstorming. Everyone here is free to contribute and join.

The thread will be named Fallout: Equestria - Crimson Manor.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok everyone this is a summons, an all call if you will. If you are still in the game respond below. If you don't respond in five days you will be considered a no show and your character will be written out. We are shifting locales to Marelia now. If you are not satisfied with your character, want to write them out and replace them with someone else then bows the time. Contact me and we'll work it out.

Every player respond below stating that they are still in the game and the character they are using. Now for the rules. These may look familiar to some here, but for everyone else it doesn't really matter.

All posts should be subtitled with your current location and then something more precise:

Example

Marelia: Safehouse

The Rules

• You may play as any sapient creature in Equestria, yes even alicorns. Just remember that Alicorn's while powerful, they aren't on Celestia or Luna's level. They also come in different breeds like super mutants. If you want to be a dragon, they can be no larger than a diamond dog. Feel free to make up any sort of wasteland abomination you can think of, FoE is about creativity, just be careful not to power game. I can be contacted to elaborate more on this.
  • You may talk to other players about the story, and brainstorm ideas and execute them. But please keep it reasonable. No threatening the world or causing anything that can alter the path of the RP on a large scale.
  • There may or may not be a turn order. Some people need an incentive to keep up, and having all eyes on them is pretty good incentive.
  • Keep combat sensible (or nonsensical if you're kind of comic relief like Arik).
  • You may NOT maim or injure another players character without that players permission. Everyone's characters are expected to take a realistic amount of punishment from combat scenarios (realistic by your characters standards)
  • ALL posts are expected to be of decent quality, with solid grammar and description.
  • If you're having a conversation with another player: PLEASE use a Gdoc to write the entire conversation and then post it all in a single chunk. Believe me, saves on a bit of confusement and ten page long conversations (this is up for debate).
  • There is NO posting order, but please be aware of other players.
  • Decent quality posts are expected every two days to maintain a decent pace. Failing to post will result in a polite warning. Still failing to post or consistently breaking the two day limit will result in a harsher warning. Continue to fail to post and you're out the RP. I'll probably kill them off, removing them from the time line or write them out, you gamble against my mood by not posting.
  • While relationships are allowed- keep the hanky pansy to PMs. Don't want the mods shutting us down.
  • If you are ever in difficulty with what to do next, or need NPC support. I am here to help.

I am still in, though I will be offline from Friday morning (9 AM, EST) to sometime Sunday, not sure exactly when however.

Curious now, though. Since Alicorns are allowed, does that mean that Miles is allowed his original 'winged' unicorn type (not an Alicorn, simply a unicorn that gained wings through circumstances)? If not, that is really fine, I can use him either way.

[colour=#5A5A5A]Everyone, I have some bad news to pass on.[/colour]

[colour=#5A5A5A]Due to my making some very poor choices, I have been denied access to the internet for, as far as I am aware, the coming month.[/colour]

[colour=#5A5A5A]This means I will not be able to come online and contribute to the roleplay until this time has ended.[/colour]

[colour=#5A5A5A]It pains me to say this, but if you must, write my character out, and move on without me.[/colour]

[colour=#5a5a5a]I wish you all luck in continuing the story, and look forward to see what you come up with in my absence.[/colour]

I've never played fall out... Is there by any chance I can still join and kinda learn a little from y'all? Kinda like a new recruit or something?

I second that, this RP interests me.

Well you folk are in luck. The Rp has lost at least 3 players so I'd love to have some new blood in here.

As you can probably tell, the rp has shifted to its second act. Essentially, it has sort of been rebooted kind of like when an online game goes from round one to round two and checks players. So you can come in as a mercenary that the Steel Rangers(Analogs to Fallouts Brotherhood of Steel) hired, a citizen of Marelia, traveller, or heck anything really. Read the first Rp, then the start of the second and tell me you ideas.

The main rule of character creation is that your character's SPECIAL is a base average of 35 and you have 750 points for skills. Characters get 10 individual perks and if you're a cyborg you also get up to 5 implants. You also get a group perk. Perks may be from any fallout game, the fallout equestria stories, or made up. Just dont be ridiculous. The skills in this game are based on the Fallout New Vegas set.

Look to the other apps for the format you need. And don't forget, read through the first half of the RP.

Name: unknown

Alias: X-104

Sex:Male

Species: Earth pony cyborg

​Appearance: Mostly metal, he has very few organic parts such as vital organs and his right eye. His body is made mostly of a tungsten carbide material and he's very durable, though not agile at the least.

Physique: Very tall and muscular

Origin/Residence: Stalliongrad (?)

Motivation: Sole purpose is to find a master and serve him/her

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. :

Strength - 10

Perception - 10

Endurance - 10

Charisma - 0

Intelligence - 1

Agility - 2

Luck - 3

Skills:

Explosives - 100

Energy Weapons - 100

Repair - 100

Science - 100

Unarmed - 100

Barter - 0

Guns - 100

Lockpick - 0

Medicine - 0

Survival - 0

Sneak - 0

Speech - 0

Melee Weapons - 0

Perks:

Tank- can sustain ridiculous amounts of damage at the incredible cost of speed and agility

Targeting device- can lock on to his targets for a near perfect hit/miss ratio

Cybernetic arm- can transform his left arm to a tool fitting any combat situation... It doesn't work on wood... (It doesn't have an app for that!)

Cybernetic legs- can set up to an additional three feet of length for more speed, however not much of a difference.

Central Processing Unit- takes place of his brain, and is only programmed for combat. He doesn't speak, or simply put butter on toast.

Inventory:

Repair kit- can be used on him to restore health (must know how to use it) and may also be used to repair some other things.

Photon grenade- may be loaded in his cybernetic arm for some explosive fun!

JP-8- jet fuel, may be loaded in his arm for a high temperature flame thrower, or used in aircraft as fuel.

Likes: breaking things, blowing things up, and killing those he's programmed to.

Dislikes: anything that may confuse him or attack his master.

Character Summary: He doesn't know fear or defeat. He can be considered the ultimate killing tool, he is outrageously stupid and slow, but what he lacks for in that, he makes up for in sheer power and durability.

Personality: Very obedient and fearless.

History: it is unknown where the body that X-104 comes from, however he was manufactured in an old weapons plant in Stalliongrad before his project went out of commission before testing. Now he waits in the deeper darker parts of the world, waiting to be rebooted so he may serve a new master on the field of battle. His intentions are unknown. In order to be of any use, he has to be programmed to do the work and be shown his allies and enemies. Once his allies have been shown, he can easily depict the enemy, however, minimal force is something he isn't familiar with and will make someone Swiss cheese if they simply threaten his allies.

(If I messed up anywhere, please inform me! :) )

Ok I like the overall feel of this app. Just a few problems and half of them are partly my fault.

1. You have 36 points in your Special stats. 1 too many. I wasn't really strict on this before, but there was a debacle over another players characters stats so I had to reign it in. Also, you can't have a 0 in a special stat.

2. You are only allow to have a 100 in four skills. Then after that you have 350 points to do what you want with.

3. Your perks: you are allowed 10, if you're having trouble thinking of some fell free to ask me for help. Alternatively you can go to the fallout wiki, other players might be willing to help as well if you ask. On the subject of your perks, targeting computer is much to vague. We have a system for combat and that perk needs a value for it to work. And since gun fight have been categorized as close, mid, and long range we need so percentile modifier values like: 10% accuracy boost for long range, 20% accuracy boost for mid range, and 30% boost for short range.

4. What does a photon grenade do?

5. They dont have jets in Fallout Equestria, but the do have flying vehicles. In FoE vehicles and most energy weapons are powered by magical batteries called spark engines. Also I've never seen a flamed in FoE so I have no idea how they handle that. So I guess you could use spark engine for magically generated flame or you could keep the fuel canisters, but it wouldn't be jet fuel.

6. You character is a bit too much of a robot, not physically. What I mean is with the way he has to be programmed, doesn't speak, and only really responds to a master i don't see how he would interact in any meaningful way with the other OCs. I see what you were going for, but your character has to be enough of a character to engage the other players.

7. According to his history he hasn't been discovered yet. Well, he has to have been reactivated at some point for us to meet him. Once again feel free to ask for help here.

8. Stalliongrad is correct.

9. His cybernetic leg: you have to tell us the tool configurations. Just a precaution against swish army knifing your way out of everything.

That's all I can think of. I hope I didn't sound to harsh.

Ok I like the overall feel of this app. Just a few problems and half of them are partly my fault.

1. You have 36 points in your Special stats. 1 too many. I wasn't really strict on this before, but there was a debacle over another players characters stats so I had to reign it in. Also, you can't have a 0 in a special stat.

2. You are only allow to have a 100 in four skills. Then after that you have 350 points to do what you want with.

3. Your perks: you are allowed 10, if you're having trouble thinking of some fell free to ask me for help. Alternatively you can go to the fallout wiki, other players might be willing to help as well if you ask. On the subject of your perks, targeting computer is much to vague. We have a system for combat and that perk needs a value for it to work. And since gun fight have been categorized as close, mid, and long range we need so percentile modifier values like: 10% accuracy boost for long range, 20% accuracy boost for mid range, and 30% boost for short range.

4. What does a photon grenade do?

5. They dont have jets in Fallout Equestria, but the do have flying vehicles. In FoE vehicles and most energy weapons are powered by magical batteries called spark engines. Also I've never seen a flamed in FoE so I have no idea how they handle that. So I guess you could use spark engine for magically generated flame or you could keep the fuel canisters, but it wouldn't be jet fuel.

6. You character is a bit too much of a robot, not physically. What I mean is with the way he has to be programmed, doesn't speak, and only really responds to a master i don't see how he would interact in any meaningful way with the other OCs. I see what you were going for, but your character has to be enough of a character to engage the other players.

7. According to his history he hasn't been discovered yet. Well, he has to have been reactivated at some point for us to meet him. Once again feel free to ask for help here.

8. Stalliongrad is correct.

9. His cybernetic leg: you have to tell us the tool configurations. Just a precaution against swish army knifing your way out of everything.

That's all I can think of. I hope I didn't sound to harsh.

No, in fact, it was very helpful! I really loved how it was all constructive and you gave advice in how to reconstruct my character! :) anyway, I touched him up a little. How's he looking now? :D

Roleplay type: Crossover/Fallout Equestria

Name: Bone Dance

Alias: Black Baron

Species: Earth Pony

Appearance: Very bulky, he has black and russet coloured fur, and a white mane and tail, his face has a plethora of little scars and cuts on it, he has amethyst coloured eyes and his cutie mark is the biohazard symbol. He typically wears heavy combat armor with a leather jacket lining, the armor has a bunch of little knick knacks pinned to it, cards and other little trophies.

Physique: Muscular, a bit bulky

Origin/Residence: Formerly Las Pegasus, currently Stalliongrad.

Motivation: Reputation and caps.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.:

Strength- 10

Perception- 5

Endurance- 7

Charisma- 4

Intelligence- 4

Agility- 3

Luck- 2

Skills:

Explosives- 100

Energy Weapons- 50

Repair- 100

Science- 30

Unarmed- 100

Barter- 50

Guns- 100

Lockpick- 20

Medicine- 50

Survival- 50

Sneak- 20

Speech- 30

Melee Weapons- 50

Perks (Induvidual):

Lowlife- A life of crime and generally thuggish behavior has led to a better understanding of nere-do-wells, he does 25% more damage to raiders, gangers, and similar individuals, and a 10% better understanding when speaking to them.

Brute rage!- When health drops below 30% gain 15 DR with a bonus 20% to attack.

Heavy armor master- Isnt slowed down while wearing heavy armor.

Rapid Reload- Reloads are 25% faster.

Stonewall- +5 DT against melee and unarmed attacks and can never be knocked down in combat.

Terrifying Presence- Can terrify foes in dialogue.

Spray n' Pray- No matter how much he fires he never seems to hit an ally on accident.

Perks(Group):

Pull yourself together- Through his constant encouragement (and berating) he can keep his companions fighting at optimal efficiency even when below 10% health.

Inventory:

-Heavy custom battle armor

-battle saddle with two LMG attachments

-Gas mask and helmet

-Food Rations

-Incindiery grenades

-Small med kits

Dislikes: Ponies who threaten him, ponies who think he's dumb, his past, and most authority figures.

Character Summary: Baron is a pony who's always had a rough time, he still acts like he's in a gang sometimes, and doesn't like being bossed around. That being said, he's loyal and hard working, and he's trying to be a better pony than he once was. He prefers heavy weapons and like to hit hard and fast, his enemies usually scatter after the first attack.

Personality: Brave and hardheaded, but also jovial and friendly (most if the time).

History: From a young age Bone Dance had learned that the world is scary, and it's best if you're scary right back, he was in a gang, the Metalheads, for most of his young life. He spent about 10 years fighting other gangs and defending his gangs turf as a lieutenant for the Metalheads, he eventually earned the name Black Baron after once lighting his hooves on fire and beating ten rival gang members to death, leaving their coats black. After years of the gang life, he began to regret the pain he had caused, until one day he walked off into the wasteland to make his own way, he soon took up mercenary work, vowing to never kill anypony who didn't deserve it.