{ Solistic Heights} Surprising Friendships (Gilda&Pink Lady Private Rp)

QuickLime

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

Lady was bustling about for the visitor that was to arrive any minute now! All the farm chores were tended to, the apples bucked, the store front closed, and the house smelling of delicious baked goods! The guest bedroom in the airy loft had been cleaned to perfection! Overall she was ready for her visitor to arrive, and what an unlikely house-guest it was indeed! That Gryphon whom everyone else seemed to dislike at the Iron Pony event had seemed to get along beautifully with Lady and a friendship was in bud between them, which was strange because Lady was a very pretty and proper pony, not to mention an earth one to boot, so it was strange that a cocky gryphon and a polite earth pony seemed to mesh together so well.

Maybe it was opposite forces attracting, maybe it was the fact that Lady didn't scold her like a child, or maybe it was some form of destiny linking the two together... one could never be sure but the two had hit it off and now that the event was over Lady was looking forward to Gilda's visit!

Since they were near Canterlot she had gotten them two tickets to an airshow that she was sure Gilda would love! It was for an all gryphon flying team and they were very hard to get! After that she figured they'd just relax and do whatever they wanted.

"I hope she likes it here" She said to herself.

Gilda wasn't entirely sure what she was doing here. This Pink Lady she had met at that tent at Iron Pony was one of the oddest ponies the griffon had ever met. Gilda had acted her the same as she ever did. She was curt, brunt and ill mannered and yet the pony had responded with gentleness and kindness. The griffon might have pegged the pony as just being some kind of meek pushover, but through what unfolded in that tent, from what she observed, that didn't seem to be the case.

Watching the pony, there was an underlying strength under all that politeness that Gilda could appreciate, even if she didn't express it forwardly. The pony always tried and somehow always managed to be kind and polite, something Gilda didn't usually deal with. Of course, this pony also made some pretty good lemonade and treats; the "special" cookies she had given Gilda for telling off some jerk had been a particular favorite. Between the kindness and the food, Gilda found herself somehow unable to access her harsh edge in the pony's presence. When the pony had invited her to see her sometime again, Gilda hadn't been able to refuse.

As she flew through the sky above Solstice Heights, Gilda couldn't help but think how odd this was. She wasn't the sort to get invited to do anything with others. She was used to cutting her own path. She didn't know many she would consider friends, and certainly not many like this pony. She had met ponies who had resonated with her at some level, who at least at one point she had something positive; Rainbow Dash, Pathfinder and Ignition were all pegasi though and all cocky, boisterous ponies who Gilda could relate to much more easily than this earth mare. Gilda just didn't know what to expect here, and that left her kind of hesitant. She had long considered just bailing out and being a no-show, but for whatever reason, in the end she had made the choice to fly out to meet this pony.

Her eyes focused in on the place she was looking for. Pink Lady had asked that they meet at her small farm and store she owned in Solstice Heights. It looked like a nice quaint place, so fitting for the mare she was meeting and so totally not Gilda's vibe. Questioning if this was a mistake again, she sighed and then swooped down. She had come this far; might as well see what happens. Landing in front of the place, she gave a loud knock at the door.

"Hey pony, I'm here!" she called out loudly to further get the pony's attention.

• 2 weeks later...

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

Lady grinned hearing the knock on her door, standing up on her back feet and kicked her front legs happily running to the door and moved to open it, tilting her head to one side and and moved to one side so that she could come in “I’m so glad you could make it! Come on in Gilda, it’s so good to see you “ She had sorta been afraid that the other wouldn’t show since they were so different.. what if they had just fluked before?

These were all thoughts racing through her head but Lady shoved them inside “I’v got lunch ready then I have a surprise for you, I hope you don’t mind us heading to Canterlot after we eat” She figured Gilda would really enjoy the tickets to the Gryphon flying group she had managed to snag! Figuring Gilda would be far more excited about that than say the WonderBolts… Lady didn’t care for them she personally found them overblown and overhyped to say the very least.

“I’m so glad you could make it! Come on in Gilda, it’s so good to see you “

Gilda just stared for a moment, taken aback. She had known it'd be coming but it was still weird for her. No one was ever so relentlessly cheery toward her, and especially not ponies. it still made Gilda a little confused and unsure how to react. She just smiled awkwardly and gave a short nod. "Yeah... uh, you too, I guess." she said with a mildly awkward laugh.

“I’v got lunch ready then I have a surprise for you, I hope you don’t mind us heading to Canterlot after we eat”

The griffon liked the sound of lunch. Some food would make this easier for her, especially since she already knew this pony made great food. She gave an immediate nod and a short laugh. She wasn't really sure what to make of a promised surprise though... and as for Canterlot, it wasn't a pony city she had a particularly high opinion of. Too fussy and uptight for her tastes. She supposed she could do worse though. Anything was better than Ponyville and its population of losers.

"Lunch sounds good. Could really stand to eat, you know?" Gilda said with a shrug. "Why we going down to the prim, proper princess town though? It something worth my time?"

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

Since Gilda had flown out such a ways Lady had prepared a good feast for lunch, and had it all set out on the table for her to pick and choose from, she had even made sure to secure a meat dish for her guest, even though the sight of it made her insides turn having bought it from a traveling gryphon meat carrier.. “Oh yes I’m sure you’ll find them quite worth your time” She said before deciding to not wait! Handing her the two tickets to the event “It’s a Gryphon only flying team, one of the best out there, I figured you’d want to go see them”

Gilda’s laugh and overall…attitude amused Lady a great deal! Since Gilda seemed usually very brash and harsh, and unapologetic but around Lady she said things like “Please” and even “Thank you” things that seldomly passed the others beak . Lady found it odd seeing her personality change around her since she was rather impressed by Gilda’s devil may care attitude! It was boosting with confidence and self pride!

She wished she could be so bold.

“Oh yes I’m sure you’ll find them quite worth your time. It’s a Gryphon only flying team, one of the best out there, I figured you’d want to go see them”

Gilda examined the tickets closely as they were presented to her. She smirked slightly. Flying griffons, eh? This pony was really going all out to accommodate her. While she couldn't quite understand why, it did feel kinda cool to be treated so well for once.

"I could go for that. I've flown in shows before myself, you know? I'm just not the team player, so I stick on my own," she said with a slow shrug. "Think I might have heard of these guys before. Supposed to be pretty good; chances are pretty I could still outfly 'em all though. Still, might be kind of cool to watch 'em fly. Even if they suck, it'll at least give me something to laugh at."

Despite her words, Gilda did genuinely enjoying watching other talented filers do their thing. Sure sometimes it did bring on the jealousy if they were legitimately good, but more often than not it was a good time. She was more excited about the plans than she let on at least. All things considered, this was a pretty cool surprise to be springing on her.

"So, how about that lunch then?" Gilda started, ready to get the day started.

• 1 month later...

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

Lady was thrilled to see the happiness in Gilda's eyes, and she giggled lightly "I am sure you could fly circles around the entire lot, but it would still be fun to watch, perhaps after the show is over you could show me a few tricks to see how the REAL pros do it?" She asked , She figured Gilda was just as good as any other flying team, it was just her attitude that got in the way at times, that strong spirit and fiery personality wasn't destined for a team.

"Ofcourse Lunch is this way" She led her to the table, she had more of her lemonade for lunch, as well as some delicious samwiches made, though some were put on a special plate that had Gilda's name on a small tag resting on it, since Lady had bought some specific ingredients that only a gryphon would enjoy... Meat! The very thought of consuming it made Lady's insides twist into knots, but Gryphons were omnivores and Lady could respect that.

Aside from the samwiches and lemonade, she had made some more of her special cookies , as well as a few small cakes to enjoy , it was a rather light lunch since they'd be going to Canterlot after wards and Lady planned to treat Gilda to a very nice dinner.

"Dig in !" She said sitting down, not expecting table manners or anything, she didn't care if Gilda insisted on eating everything on the table! Her company alone was worth it.

[colour=#996699]"Heh, I'd probably be game for that," [/colour]Gilda said with a laugh in response to Lady's request to see some of her tricks after the show. She wasn't the sort of griffon to ever pass up a chance to show off.

She followed Lady over to the table where their lunch was waiting and took a seat. Gilda admired the spread: some sandwiches, cakes, more of those great cookies and lemonade to wash it all down. Not bad at all. Gilda was ready to stuff her beak. When Lady told her to dig in, she didn't have to be told twice. Immediately she started to eat some of the sandwiches in front of her.

[colour=#996699]"Oh, hey...!" [/colour]she started in surprise, mouth still part full. There was meat in her sandwich. Heh. That was a rare treat. Ponies understandably wanted nothing to do with the stuff, so outside of Aquelia it usually just didn't happen. While Gilda spent enough time in Equestria that she was almost used to the bland pony food, she definitely still had a taste for the stuff.

Gilda was left at a bit of a loss by it. This pony was really going all out for her, and she still wasn't entirely sure why. She was nevertheless grateful. Understanding the why wasn't so important she supposed. Though between this pony and a certain couple pegasi she had rubbed feathers with recently, maybe ponies weren't so lame as she might have once thought.

The griffoness finished of her sandwiches quickly, not able to pace herself. When she was done she gulped down some lemonade to wash it down and then looked toward Lady. [colour=#996699]"Heh. That was pretty good,"[/colour] she said, her smile betraying just how much she had enjoyed it. [colour=#996699]"You really ain't bad at makin' food,"[/colour] she added as she grabbed a cookie and began to scarf it down.

• 2 months later...

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

The others table manners led much to be desired indeed! But Lady could take it for exactly what it was, a compliment to her cooking "I'm glad you like it Gilda! I was a little afraid I had gotten the wrong kind, you know how We ponies don't touch meat..herbivores and all that" She ate her own food quietly and neatly, but also quickly since she could see Gilda's eagerness to go and enjoy the event in Canterlot, and honestly? Lady couldn't blame her! It sounded like so much fun to see the fliers, and then afterwards hopefully being treated to Gilda showing off her own stuff.

Lady nodded finishing her food with a sip of lemonade, before getting her saddlebags on (Soft cream with pink apple slice broaches) and smiled holding the door open with a hoof "Yes let's hit the trail! Or..rather I suppose you'll hit the air above the trail hn?" SHe giggled at her own lame joke "Oh Gilda this is going to be so much fun! I haven't had a friend come visit me in ages!"

"I'm glad you like it Gilda! I was a little afraid I had gotten the wrong kind, you know how We ponies don't touch meat..herbivores and all that"

Gilda laughed. [colour=#996699]"Nah, it's really pretty choice stuff, don't worry. I'm more just surprised you'd be able to find this out here,"[/colour] she said, smiling a little. [colour=#996699]"As you say, you ponies don't typically want to be around. Can't imagine there's much market for it in Equestria, especially this far east where there aren't as many Griffons."[/colour] She gave another laugh. [colour=#996699]"My only guess is that some of you with stronger stomachs are buying it as a treat to feed your more carnivorous pets."[/colour]

It really was a pleasant surprise to get this kinda thing this far away from Aquelia, but it put her in a better mood than one might expect. It further affirmed that this pony was much cooler than she looked. Gilda found herself eager to see what was next. She quickly proceeded to engulf the rest of her food down quickly.

"Yes let's hit the trail! Or..rather I suppose you'll hit the air above the trail hn? Oh Gilda this is going to be so much fun! I haven't had a friend come visit me in ages!"

The griffoness glanced at the pony at the word friend. It wasn't a word she had much used to. "Friends" didn't typically lead to good things for her. She didnt' have a lot of use for the idea. Her philosophy was always to put herself first and everyone else later. This pony had been pretty cool to her though, so she wasn't gonna push it. Who knows, maybe this was a friend she could actually count on.

[colour=#996699]"Yeah, sounds like it should be kinda cool," [/colour]she said with a shrug. [colour=#996699]"Let's get going!"[/colour]

[colour=#996699]"Oh, and I think I'm fine staying on the ground. Couldn't fly very fast if I had to keep pace with you, after all,"[/colour] she added as she started ahead.

• 1 month later...

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

"Oh it was rather simple to get! I have a gryphon friend that brought me some, I didn't have to touch the stuff" The very thought of it made her ill but Gilda was a Omnivore and she wanted to be considerate of the others diet...She started off along the dirt road staying by the others side, it was so strange to already feel so close to someone that was obviously very very self oriented, but Lady knew that deep in her core all Gilda wanted was someone to rely on, and Lady was very very reliable!

"This is true,I'd not be able to run half as fast as you can fly, I'v got strong legs, but they seem to not enjoy running very much, I was never one for speed, more for force"

"This is true,I'd not be able to run half as fast as you can fly, I'v got strong legs, but they seem to not enjoy running very much, I was never one for speed, more for force"

Gilda gave a mild nod as she walked along with the mare. [colour=#996699]"Yeah, I guess that's how it is with you earth ponies, huh? Strong legs from kicking all those trees or whatever,"[/colour] she shrugged.

[colour=#996699]"Not really ever known too many of you,"[/colour] she said. [colour=#996699]"Most the ponies I've acquainted myself with, for better or worse, have been pegasi. Guess it speaks to how I keep myself up in the clouds."[/colour]

The griffoness shook her head as she continued along toward Canterlot. [colour=#996699]"But that's cool I guess. Flying's my thing, but I don't really mind slowing things down and seein' the ground every once and a while. Helps build leg strength for all the big ground races worth entering anyway,"[/colour]