Any Bar in a Storm [closed - pm for invite]

Bramble Rose

[colour=#0000cd]"So, um, how nervous were you when you were waiting for the response letter for the Academy?"[/colour]

Soarin' nodded along with the cyan mare as she spoke, barely paying attention when the barmare dropped off another cider.

At her question, he said "[colour=deepskyblue]Oh, uh...Not really all that nervous. I kinda only applied after Thunderwing saw me do my stuff, so I guess I just assumed it was gonna happen. First day of the academy though, I nearly fell through the cloud I was so tense.That was my first look at just how serious being a Wonderbolt is, and how much training and effort it takes. See, I flew in from above, so I could get a look at the camp, and I barely managed to avoid being clobbered by a group drill. I got yelled at a lot on the first day, since every time I got yelled at I just got more and more nervous, and more an more clumsy. I was all over the place, heh.[/colour]"

misty_morning_post_banner_by_jaelachan-d535gxj.png

Misty blushed even more as the gorgeous bare mare flirted back at her. It made her feel good that there was other ponies who thought she looked good, it made her feel better thinking that Pocket Change wasn't just hitting on her but being honest about her appearance.

[colour=#00ffff]"Don't you ever get tried of being a Bare Mare?"[/colour] Misty was just now prodding questions wherever she could slide one hoping to strike up more information about the bar mare, not so much finding an archaeological dig that interesting to her tastes. [colour=#00ffff]"Also I would like to know if it hurt."[/colour] She let out a snicker hoping that Martini would answer her in the simple form of "When what hurt?" but that was yet to be seen as she shifted on her stool and flopped over more on the counter trying not to take up too much room where the other guests might be trying to drink. She sipped more of her lemon water and giggled as the lemon wedge got stuck to her snout. She was in quite the perdiciment just staring at it not knowing how to take it off or perhaps she just didn't care and would let the scene lighten the mood of the hard workers who were all sleepy from fighting the storm.

Dash happily took the cider, always happy for more, and took a nice draw off of that, but then focused back on her water - stay hydrated, that was the key! [colour=#0000cd] "Thanks!"[/colour] she chirped happily to the barmare,[colour=#0000cd] "But we're pretty good here, and I gotta get home so I can get to work in the morning. I don't expect any of my team to show up to work, but I'm the leader, so I gotta make sure to be there just to tell them to go home and get some sleep."[/colour] She gave a bit of a yawn. [colour=#0000cd]"If they can wake me up from my cloud nap long enough! They earned it."[/colour]

She turned back to Soarin', listening. [colour=#0000cd] "Ha-ha! Yeah, I was pretty confident, though I met this other mare who was also really good! I think the bottom first truly dropped out of my stomach when I was handed a silver wing-mare badge."[/colour] She grimaced. [colour=#0000cd] "I was soooo nervous for the next few days! I was sure that was step one to them kicking me out ..."[/colour] She brightened. [colour=#0000cd]"But that all turned out all right! I can't wait for the next Academy session!"[/colour]

She rubbed her hoof awkwardly in a little circle on the bar. Comon, Dash! This is Soarin', you don't have to be nervous around him, even if he is a Wonderbolt! But ... what else was there to talk about? [colour=#0000cd] "So, um ... did you read the latest Daring Do book?"[/colour] NO, NOT THAT! He'll think you're an egghead!

Wind Rider nodded to Martini. "Oh, I know. I wouldn't dare try and get back now. Still got a bit of a headache from nearly running headlong into a lightning bolt, and I'm a bit sore in general. Not very conducive to long distance flights," he said with a chuckle, thanking her with a warm smile for the cider.

"I have, actually. Being from Hoofington, I'm not too far away. It's a favourite vacation spot of mine, and I've become good friends with this young stallion, Bowsprit, who runs ship tours from there," he explained, taking a sip of the cider. Quite good stuff. Wind made a mental note to ask about where she procured her cider.

He looked at Pocket Change and laughed at his talk of the tour, understanding completely. The Sisters were gorgeous, for sure. "The wonders of her blazing sun?" he asked with a wink. Double-entendres for the win, considering what her cutie mark was.

"Well, thanks, Pocket," Wind said happily. "Looks like I'll have a bit of a busy morning tomorrow. Wonder if I could catch a concert here..." he mused, grinning at the stallion. He seemed to be rather flustered and had something far removed from weather and Canterlot on his mind. Before he could comment on it, he heard Misty Morning's question to Martini and gave a wry grin. He knew where this was going, but said nothing.

[colour=#CC6699]Martini Paradise[/colour]

Martini Paradise just smiled at the rainbow maned pegasus, she wasn't sure if Dash simply didn't register what the barmare had said or simply elected to ignore it. To Martini it was plain as the sun on a cloudless day; these two pegasai had a mutual attraction, and this Rainbow Dash mare all the others spoke about was especially infatuated. [colour=#cc6699]“Well don’t drink too much then; we want you home safe and sound and not flying all groggy.”[/colour] Martini looked outside with concern, it was still wet and frightful, surely the blue pegasus didn't have to absolutely leave tonight. [colour=#cc6699] “Still it may be better to sleep here and fly back in the morning, don’t you think? That storm hasn't cleared out at all yet; stay a while and get to know your new coltfriend more closely.”[/colour] Martini gave a wink as she tilted and gestured with her head in Soarin’s direction. [colour=#cc6699]“You both just let me know if you need anything else, pie, cider, a key, I’ll be happy to provide!”[/colour]

The pink unicorn mare returned to the bar, walking slowly and with more a sway then usual as she passed by the yellow Wonderbolt and white unicorn stallion; she was in a playful mode, their blushing and rather flustered expressions amused and flattered her. It was a rare experience, customers usually flattered each other, and she was determined to enjoy every second of it. She smiled alluringly at Pocket Change, [colour=#cc6699]“well you sound like a real Canterlot gentleman; you should use that to take some mare as about town, show them a good time.” [/colour] It never hurt to flatter the customer.

Speaking of which, there was the Wonderbolt mare, which strangely enough appeared shy, odd given what she did for a living, but it could be that she is simply shy when it came to teasing. [colour=#cc6699]“Tired of this? Nooooo… I enjoy bartending for a living! The only part I ever get wary of is the constant moving around in seeking employment, but the work itself? I love it! I love mixing the drinks, I love getting to meet all sort of interesting ponies, I love chatting with them, and hearing their stories! I've met guards, Wonderbolts, super-models, actors, heroes, even royalty! Besides if I didn't love it, I wouldn't have this cute little thing…”[/colour] Martini looked back at her own flank sporting her martini glass cutie mark as she shook her rump; she was sure of her destiny, this is what she was meant to do!

Martini’s face lit up even more when she heard Wind Rider affirm he knew of her homeland. [colour=#cc6699]“Oh it is a favorite vacation spot for a lot of ponies, although we always got more from Canterlot or Manehattan then from Hoofington, still it is good to hear they come from all over. Have you ever seen the volcanoes? They’re stunning! Sure they are active and all, but it is just a near constant flow of lava and it always goes down the same slopes and no pony is in danger otherwise as long as they watch from a reasonable distance.”[/colour]

Martini was about to go on with what else she felt was wonderful about the islands when Misty Morning asked an unusual question Martini swore was directed at her, [colour=#cc6699]“does what hurt, hon?”[/colour]

I felt inspired. I will post Flitter as soon as Cloudchaser replies. :)

"Don't you ever get tried of being a Bare Mare?" Misty was just now prodding questions wherever she could slide one hoping to strike up more information about the bar mare, not so much finding an archaeological dig that interesting to her tastes. "Also I would like to know if it hurt."

“Bare Mare?”, Pocket glazed away from the other Wonderbolts and studied Misty for a moment, “You can’t possibly be banjaxed.”, he knew what she was drinking, “Lemon Water won't make you red in the snout. You’re probably just sleepy from saving the world, or at least the parts of the word that were getting flooded and such.”, small bags that nearly looked like the money pouch that was part of his ‘cutie mark’ started to form under his eyes. "I think I made a mistake coming here. Out of all the bars, taverns and 'do-drop-inns' I could have ended up in, I had to end up in one with an honest bartender!", he tried to form a smile, but the perfectly mixed drinks, combined with his own weariness caused the pony to simply scrunch his face up. This wonderful mare would be tipped properly tonight!

The unicorn snatched out a small plastic card from one of his folders and glanced at it for a moment. "1 Bit for each drink is a good baseline. Two Bits for mixed drinks. There was also food.", he thought to himself as she fumbled around with the card, "Bar food like hay fries, and they were crispy. Is it proper to tip 20% instead? Or is it two bits for every ten bits?", the math floating around in his head was losing a battle against everything else that was currently taking up residence in his noggin, so he instead made very sure he handed the lovely mare a proper Canterlot tip before he shuffled off to his flat. He was hardly a wealthy pony, but he would at least be considered 'well off', and he was very sure the pink pony had mentioned that she had a kid and considering how poor even Canterlot bartenders were paid, he had to make sure he didn't come off as a 'cheapskate'.

"Only problem is.", he returned his little 'cheat sheet card' to his notebook, "All the gals I've known usually were either born and raised in Canterlot, or have lived here for awhile, so a tour of the city generally doesn't do much. I'd generally prefer a trip out of town, like say Ponyville or that new settlement to the west. Apple-looosa.", he added in response to Martini Paradise's suggestion. "That's it! You've convinced me. The next mare I fall for, I'm taking her to the Gallopocous Islands. No need for crowded Manehattan or foggy Trottingham. It's the islands for me."

"Well, thanks, Pocket," Wind said happily. "Looks like I'll have a bit of a busy morning tomorrow. Wonder if I could catch a concert here..." he mused, grinning at the stallion. He seemed to be rather flustered and had something far removed from weather and Canterlot on his mind. Before he could comment on it, he heard Misty Morning's question to Martini and gave a wry grin. He knew where this was going, but said nothing.

"If you're up for it.", the sleepy pony was able to keep his words together for the moment, "My sister and I could show you around town. Neither of us have work tomorrow, and I believe it would be wise for me to get as much fresh air as possible after being stuck here for most of the night. And we can show you some interesting haunts beyond the typical tourist traps.", he passed a small card with his address. His apartment was located in what was called "Canterlot Commons", which apparently was a small subdivision not that far from the bar they were currently in. "Just not before ten a-m.", he made a half-glance towards one of the windows, "Holy cra-er-ckers, it's still raining!"

[colour=#CC99FF]"oh hey Cloudchaser…[/colour][colour=#CC99FF]whoaaaa…[/colour][colour=#CC99FF]Sorry about that Cloudy, hon"[/colour].

[colour=#000000]Cloudchaser was startled to find herself suddenly holding an affectionate Flitter. She blushed as the mare nuzzled her, not at first understanding why the other's mood had changed so much. She definitely seemed kinda out of it. She could barely stand upright it seemed. Glancing toward the bar, Chaser sighed. Flitter never had been super great at holding her liquors. She was definitely a little tipsy at the very least. The pegasus sighed, wondering if she'd even be able to get through to her like this. Still, she held the mare closely, waiting to see how she responded to her request.[/colour]

[colour=#CC99FF]"ooh, so that is how you want to tell me! You mischievous, sly pony youuuuuu… Did I tell you that you're kyooooot? Well you are! [/colour][colour=#CC99FF]ready when you are…."[/colour].

[colour=#000000]The weather mare was somewhat baffled by the response she got. She hadn't been sure that this was gonna go well. Was it just the booze? Something about the response seemed kind of off. Flitter offered a (somewhat) seductive glance as she quickly moved toward the back. What was she expecting here? Cloudchaser had been clear enough with her words, right? They were just gonna talk this through. Chaser sighed. Flitter was going to listen to her, right? She followed after her reluctantly.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Once they were in the in the corridor outside the rooms, Cloudchaser gave another side and smiled awkwardly at Flitter. [/colour][colour=#ffffff]"I think right here should be okay so long as we're not too loud. I'll try to be quick in case somepony else comes,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said with a vacant smile as she found a spot toward the back and to the side.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"So... you ready for me to start?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she asked with a hint of nervousness.[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Flitter[/colour]

Flitter felt warm and relaxed, sure indications that she could indeed handle cider just as well as any pony! She was cool! Well cool enough. Now here she was with Cloudchaser who invited her in the back for some fun, or was it to talk about something important? Nahh… It was to have some fun!

In fact Flitter was shocked at how daring Cloudy was being, playing around right out in the hallway?! It sounded dangerous! She know Cloudchaser could be adventuresome and forward but she wasn't expecting this! Flitter started to blush and fidgeted some, she wasn't sure if wanted to be so audacious, even if she was in a flirty and desiring mood. [colour=#dda0dd]"Well…"[/colour] Flitter looked down, she didn't like to disappoint her mare, [colour=#dda0dd]"you know how noisy I can get, remember last time?! Well not that you minded of course…"[/colour] Flitter blushed fiercely at that last statement, remembering some particularly close moments recently.

Flitter didn't want to spoil the moment though, so she had a brilliant idea! The tipsy mare stumbled up to Cloudschaser, only managing to balance herself by wrapping her fore hooves around the spiky maned pegasus' neck, [colour=#dda0dd]"sorry… So anyway.. Umm.. Let's get a room 'kay? Then I promise, you can do whatever your heart desires, you mischievous mare you!"[/colour]

Flitter gave Cloudchaser a kiss on the cheek and looked about, there was one door nearby that was partially opened; they could use that room! They'll just pay when they come back out, no problem! [colour=#dda0dd] "Here we go!"[/colour] Flitter let go of Cloudchaser and clumsily walked slowly to the door and pushed it open; as she hoped there was no pony inside the bedroom, perfect! [colour=#dda0dd]"Just be sure to lock the door behind you, we don't want anypony walking in on us now do we."[/colour] Flitter gave a flirtatious wink, or the best one she could muster.

the plum coloured mare went straight for the bed, which took more effort than usual to climb into. It was nice and soft and if it wasn't for Cloudchaser, she'd probably would fall asleep right there! Instead she just looked back at the one she loved and gave a broad smile, [colour=#dda0dd]"I'm all yours!"[/colour]

• Like 1

Misty's wings came to full bloom as Martini shook her plot in her face. It was a strange feeling and although she didn't have her corrective lenses on she could do nothing but stare at her glorious behind and her Cutie Mark.

She then let out a soft sigh as she knew that the other ponies at the bar didn't understand her "Did it hurt?" comment. She shook her head and looked at Pocket Change.

[colour=#00ffff]"No the 'Did it hurt?' part was supposed to be a lead in for her to say 'did what hurt?' then I retort with 'when you got smacked with the gorgeous wing, since you are the most exquisiteness mare I've ever seen.' But you done went and ruined it."[/colour] She let out another sigh and sipped on her water again resting her head on the bar and lowering her wings as she drew circles with her hoof on the counter not knowing what else to talk about other then herself as before she had never really be asked about much else then herself or the Wonderbolts.

[colour=#00ffff]"In other news, it sounds like your excavation went well and you seem to really enjoy that line of work so I hope you stick with it. You should always stick with things that make you happy."[/colour] Misty offered the words of wisdom as she looked up and gave a quick wink to Martini before she returns herself to her Lemon Water and the conversation at hoof with the two stallions.

"If you're up for it.", the sleepy pony was able to keep his words together for the moment, "My sister and I could show you around town. Neither of us have work tomorrow, and I believe it would be wise for me to get as much fresh air as possible after being stuck here for most of the night. And we can show you some interesting haunts beyond the typical tourist traps.", he passed a small card with his address. His apartment was located in what was called "Canterlot Commons", which apparently was a small subdivision not that far from the bar they were currently in. "Just not before ten a-m.", he made a half-glance towards one of the windows, "Holy cra-er-ckers, it's still raining!"

"I'd like that. Hard to believe I've never visited the capital of Equestria before," Wind Rider said with a laugh. He took the card with a nod of thanks and stowed it in a pocket on his uniform shirt.

"Oh, no fear of that. I'm probably not waking until noon at least after all this," he said with a laugh. It was also nice to be able to see the non-touristy parts of Canterlot, what most wouldn't see.

He chuckled at the stallion's amazement. "Well, when the storms get rogue like this, most weather patrols just call it a night and wait for it to run down naturally. Really makes you think, doesn't it? Never really see a storm like this, because of us pegasi," Wind explained. "One doesn't exactly understand just how powerful nature can get when it wants to be, and we're not around to wrangle it together."

He sipped his cider, chuckling at Misty Morning. "Ah, don't let Pocket here ruin your chance at meeting a nice mare. Go ahead and smack him, if you have to," he teased. "And yeah, nothing beats doing something you like, rather than stuck in a boring job day in, day out."

8551964397_4c9dab04fc_o.jpg

Snickerdoodle was absolutely soaking wet. The rain had slowed a little from earlier, but it was still a steady downpour. She had been working her regular shift at the weather factory in Cloudsdale when the storm hit. Like the other pegasi, she went out to help break it up, or at least try. Cloudbusting really wasn't her strong suit. She worked in the rainbow department, for goodness sake! At least she was nimble enough to avoid the lightning bolts that whizzed between the thunderclouds.

Snickerdoodle was dead tired, too, but she knew she couldn't go home. One of the downsides to having a house on the shores of the Nimbusgait Lakes. It was probably under as much water as she was right now. She would have to assess the damage tomorrow, and perhaps have her father come help her repair the damage.

She supposed she could have gone to stay the night with her parents, but they lived in Cloudsdale. Snickerdoodle doubted she had the strength to fly back up through all the rain and wind to get there. Besides, they had probably already turned her old bedroom into and office or storage space or something.

Instead, she found herself trotting through the empty streets of Canterlot. She didn't have high hopes of finding anyplace open at this hour, but she saw lights burning a few streets down. Snickerdoodle sighed, and hoped they wouldn't mind a bedraggled pegasus coming in from the rain.

Upon entering the establishment, she noticed that quite a few others had the same idea she did. Several other pegasi were sitting around the bar, having drinks and eating. Including one, no, two Wonderbolts. Soarin' she recognized of course, but the other wasn't familiar. Probably one of the reservists. Snickerdoodle knew that being in a bar with Wonderbolts was a potential recipe for disaster, but that was a risk she would have to take. Besides, it looked like Soarin' was already deep in conversation with Rainbow Dash, and most likely wouldn't even notice her.

Snickerdoodle shook herself as dry as she could while still standing in the doorway, then took an empty seat at the bar.

[colour=#8b4513]"A glass of water and a mug of hot cocoa please, bartender. Also, what do you have to eat? I'm absolutely starving."[/colour]

[colour=#FF6699]Martini Paradise[/colour]

Martini Paradise gave cheerful smile towards the white unicorn, holding back her laughter at his awkward attempt at complimenting her. It was clear that his drinks were getting to him, fortunately as a local who didn't need to fly, the unicorn could simply stumble home and crash if need be. What really amused Martini was his declaration of the Gallipocous as his new romantic vacation spot; in her mind it was already the perfect choice of course.[colour=#ff6699] "Well a lot of vacationing couple do come to the islands, in fact some of the fancier resorts even have "romance packages" specifically tailored for honeymoons, romantic getaways, those sort of things, but they are all pre-planned of course. If you want my opinion, stay at one of the little beachfront bed and breakfast places and just go out with your special somepony and explore the islands freehoof on your own, you won't regret it."[/colour] Martini chuckled, she never saw herself as a relationship counselor, but advice was advice, and any that happen to get more ponies to love the islands, all the better.

What was even more adorably awkward that Pocket Change's clueless interjections in regard to Misty Morning's eager or unsure attempts at flirtation were those very attempts by the yellow pegasus mare. Martini found the Wonderbolt's compliments endearing; it was nice when the customers flirted, as long as they weren't being tasteless or crass, or believed that such flirtations entitled them to anything later. Martini didn't sense any of that from yellow pegasus, only that she appeared lonely and wanted some company. [colour=#ff6699]"I couldn't see myself doing anything else but this, well this and caring for Sunrise. Even if I meet that special somepony, settle down somewhere, I'll still be bar tending. My real hope is to make enough bits and have enough home stability to start my own place someday." [/colour]Martini gave a warm, inquisitive smile towards the Wonderbolt, [colour=#ff6699]"and how about you hon? I imagine you love what you are doing, but have any long-term plans or dreams beyond that?"[/colour]

Before Martini could inquire further, a new customer appeared, a beige pegasus with a light brown mane, or what would be light brown if it wasn't so darkened from being completely drenched by water. The newcomer wasted no time in ordering what she wanted, at least far as drink. Martini gave a broad welcoming smile and held her forehoof in the direction of the other customers, [colour=#ff6699]"sure thing hon, one mug of hot cocoa coming up; and welcome to Ponyland, refuge for the weather weary pegasai! Feel free to sit and chat a spell!"[/colour]

Martini pulled a half-carton of milk from the icebox under the bar, pouring it into a mug. Her horn glowed, as she gathered more supplies, and by the time she was ready, steam was rising off of the mug of milk. A spoon floated into the mug, stirring as a scoop, then two, of chocolate powder poured into the milk - the good stuff - but Martini liked her hot cocoa a little thicker, and so she also added a good dollop of chocolate syrup. She slid it across to the new pegasus, along with a bowl full of mini-marshmallows, to use at her discretion. [colour=#ff6699]"We don't have a large selection of food right now, but what we do have is apple pie, or lemon pie, if you prefer; I think we have some cherry pie and apple fritters left over as well, umm... Sorry, I didn't catch your name miss."[/colour]

"I'd like that. Hard to believe I've never visited the capital of Equestria before," Wind Rider said with a laugh. He took the card with a nod of thanks and stowed it in a pocket on his uniform shirt.

"You'll love it. Lots of places to see.", Pocket Change mused, "Now I'd love to visit what was believed to be the original capital city of Equestria. It has never been actually confirmed and the two Princess' seem to be very reluctant to speak of the old times, but I heard where the ruins of the Two Sister's Castle are, used to be the original city the Sisters ruled from until the whole 'Nightmare Moon' business started up. After the city was destroyed and abandoned, the Everfree swallowed the ruins up. I know Miss Dash and her friends did venture into the ruins not that long ago to retrieve the fabled 'Elements Of Harmony', so there's bound to be something still standing there. Only issue is the horrible monsters that are known to inhabit those woods.", he chuckled as the stallion offered Misty a chance to 'slap' him. "I would appreciate if you don't as I barely have enough energy to drag my sorry tuchus home.", he gave the mare a wink. He just hoped he would be able to make it to his nice and warm bed, and not pass out in the entrance-way like he normally does.

He glanced over at the bar's entrance as Snickerdoodle entered the nearly empty establishment. He sighed to himself. Another pretty mare to admire from afar. He made a vow to himself that the next time he visited 'Ponyland', he would stick to lighter fare so he would have a better chance with the ladies.

specifically tailored for honeymoons, romantic getaways, those sort of things, but they are all pre-planned of course. If you want my opinion, stay at one of the little beachfront bed and breakfast places and just go out with your special somepony and explore the islands freehoof on your own, you won't regret it." Martini chuckled, she never saw herself as a relationship counselor, but advice was advice, and any that happen to get more ponies to love the islands, all the better.

"That sounds rather nice.", a weary smile stayed on the pony's face for a moment, "We went to Las Pegasus a few years ago and made the mistake of over planning everything. We wanted to see and do everything, from the show with the white lions, to the pretend fantasy version of 'Prance', to that dinner theater with the pirates. We did so much of the 'stuff', we actually didn't have much time to spend simply together. There were too much distractions. So once I get all situated with work and I do find someone special, we'll have to hit the islands and just 'veg out'. Probably have to rely on my sis to get me somepony to hitch up with. Now If I wasn't half-asleep and slightly tispy, I'd turn on the ol' 'Pocket' charm, but no mare wants to get hit on by a guy in this sorry state I'm in.", he added with a huff.

"In other news, it sounds like your excavation went well and you seem to really enjoy that line of work so I hope you stick with it. You should always stick with things that make you happy." Misty offered the words of wisdom as she looked up and gave a quick wink to Martini before she returns herself to her Lemon Water and the conversation at hoof with the two stallions.

"Well, beyond the hassles with the R.E.A and the horrible weather, I guess we did manage to get a few things done, even if most of it happened here.", the unicorn said with a frown, "But even if we're not able to touch the ruins, at least my dance card is going to be filled for the next few months so to speak. At least for actual work. No time for lov...", he paused as Misty's wings unfurled themselves. Glancing at them, he turned a light shade of red. He had learned rather early in life what it meant when a Pegasus' wings 'popped out on their own when a pony had no intention on flying. Curious on what caused such a kerfuffle, the stallion followed the path the young mare's eyes were currently upon, which lead directly towards Martini Paradise' derrière and her actual cutie mark, which was appropriately enough, of a martini. Once again, he silently hated the fact that when fair-haired ponies such as he blush, it tends to light up his entire face. "Er...Oh..", he tried not to stare at the Bar-mare and instead tried to venture into a safer conversation. "So, you're in the Wonderbolts? How did you manage to get into that line of work? My sister's very good friend is in the R.E.A and she has a sister who is supposed to be true 'Wonderbolts' materiel, well, at least she has a good deal of promise and I was wondering, how did you get into this whole thing you all do so well?"

• 2 weeks later...

(the thread's been quiet, I hope no one minds if I jump in)

Snickerdoodle gratefully sipped at the steaming mug of cocoa in front of her, then tipped the small bowl of marshmallows into it, dropping a few on the bartop.

[colour=#ff6699]"Sorry, I didn't catch your name miss."[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"That's because I didn't throw it."[/colour] Snickerdoodle grinned and then sighed. [colour=#8b4513]"Sorry, that was a lame joke. My name is Snickerdoodle, like the cookie." [/colour]She pointed at her flank with one hoof, indicating the three chocolate chip cookies of her cutie mark.

At the mention of cookies, her stomach growled. [colour=#8b4513]"A slice of apple pie sounds mighty nice right about now. Maybe an apple fritter too, if you have any left. Thank you kindly."[/colour]

Snickerdoodle took another sip from the cocoa, now that some of the marshmallows had time to dissolve a little. Then she turned to look around the bar a little more.

[colour=#8b4513]"Ponyland, huh? I think my brother has told me about this place before. He's in the REA, 45th battalion. Although right now he's stationed near Stalliongrad. I'm sure he's got several griffin drinking buddies in whatever military bars they have up there."[/colour]

She smiled at the other ponies seated nearby. Some had clearly been here long enough to get dry. The unicorn chatting up the other Wonderbolt looked to be a bit soused, actually. Probably for the best that somepony other than her was the one getting drunk and hitting on Wonderbolts. The uniform was very appealing, so it was no wonder that they were so popular, both in the air and on the ground. She sat back and casually listened in on the conversations around her.

[colour=#DDA0DD]"Well… [/colour][colour=#DDA0DD]you know how noisy I can get, remember last time?! Well not that you minded of course…"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cloudchaser stared at her mare, hopelessly confused. Did this mean Flitter was already anticipating an argument and was fearful she'd get loud enough that the other bar patrons would hear? That was kind of frightening. Flitter wasn't typically really the type who got all loud and shouted a lot. Chaser wasn't actually very sure what time Flitter was even referring to her. They didn't have a lot of arguments and even when they disagreed it never got too ugly really. Maybe Flitter was just being extra careful and courteous of the bar patrons? Yeah... that had to be it.... right? [/colour]

"[colour=#DDA0DD]sorry… So anyway.. Umm.. Let's get a room 'kay? Then I promise, you can do whatever your heart desires, you mischievous mare you!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Then Flitter wrapped herself around Chaser and spoke these words. The pegasus blushed. Wait... this was... She looked past the mare and gave an awkward laugh. She now strongly suspected there was some manner of misunderstanding at hoof here. Flitter seemed very much to have other things on her mind now.... which was nice... but it really wasn't the mindset Cloudchaser had approached her with, which left her feeling out of place and awkward. How exactly did she deal with this now?[/colour]

"[colour=#DDA0DD]Here we go! [/colour][colour=#DDA0DD]Just be sure to lock the door behind you, we don't want anypony walking in on us now do we."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Flitter let go and stumbled into one of the nearby rooms. Cloudchaser followed her and closed the door as told. She was more convinced then ever that something here was just fundamentally wrong. She gave a sigh. She was bad in tough spots like this. She never knew what to say. Now she stood a chance of just messing things up more if she did the wrong thing with Flitter. She breathed deeply and trembled slightly from the overwhelming anxiety. Flitter would understand right? She didn't know anymore. She couldn't even bring herself to move or speak at first. Only with much effort did she begin to clumsily force it out.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"I... well... Flitter... er... actually... I'm... this wasn't quite what I was getting at..."[/colour] [colour=#000000]she spoke, her tongue feeling as if it was tied in knots.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"I mean... not that I don't want to... with you... but I actually just wanted to talk..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Her face was entirely red at this time. She felt like she was going to explode and wasn't sure she'd mind all too much if she did at that point. Awkwardly she continued, now just blurting it all out.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"You-see-actually-I-wasn't-very-cool-at-all-today-during-the-storm-and-got-swept-up-in-the-winds-and-knocked-out-shortly-after-it started-but-I-was-just-too-ashamed-to-say-in-front-of-Dash-and-the-Wonderbolts!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Chaser spoke rapidly with far fewer breaths than was required, closing her eyes with fear as she laid it all out there.[/colour]

Misty Morning grinned largely and nodded her head as the stallion spoke not really paying attention to him but not wanting to seem rude as she was a Wonderbolt and had a certain level of politeness that she had to keep active at all times and she also had to remember she was representing the organization by being here in her suit.

[colour=#00ffff]"Wow that sounds very interesting!"[/colour] She sipped more of her lemon water wondering how it was that Martini had made such a good glass of lemon water, it was better then any she had ever had before.

[colour=#00ffff]"Martini I must say, for even a glass of lemon water this is by far THE BEST lemon water I have ever had. And I have had a lot of them."[/colour] She giggled and blushed a hint as she gazed over the barmare. What was wrong with her, the barmare was so gorgeous that she kept distracting Misty with every sway of her tail and the way she talked. She tried to keep her composure and instead opt'd to look down at the table and mumble some nothings to herself as she tried to figure out a conversation to make between her the two stallions and Martini should she still wish to converse with them.

[colour=#cc6699]Martini Paradise[/colour]

Martini Paradise just smiled coyly as poor Pocket Change briefly contemplated flirting in his inebriated state,[colour=#cc6699]"well I am sure you'll find somepony out there, you are a handsome stallion, just let it happen naturally, you never know when you will run into that special some pony, it could be when you least expect it, could be the next pony who walks in that door or that you meet!"[/colour] Martini wasn't trying to be clairvoyant or anything, just encouraging; he seemed like a nice stallion and was handsome to boot, but he wasn't in the best state of mind, still, nothing a good night's rest couldn't handle. [colour=#cc6699]"If you feel exhausted, remember, we have rooms here, let me know if you want one, or anything else, okay hon?"[/colour]

The only pony who seemed more awkward then the flushed white stallion was the awkward but adorable Wonderbolt mare, Misty Morning. It struck Martini as a bit strange that somepony that would so regularly be in the spotlight as part of their job would otherwise be so shy. Or perhaps the blue maned pegasus was just shy when it came to flirting, that and inexperienced, at least from the bar mare's perspective. Still it was cute, and appreciated, [colour=#cc6699]"well thank you, although I have to admit, I didn't do anything special with the lemon water, unless you count making sure it's extra cold. If you want anything more substantial though, let me know, 'kay hon?"[/colour] Martini gave a warm smile with a wink as as she slowly swayed along the bar.

Despite the night winding down there were still customers to attend to and Martini trotted back in the kitchen to see what remained for her latest newcomer. There wasn't much left in the food department, given the popularity of apple pie this night, but there were a couple fritters still, kept warm over the old metal stove; Martini levitated the both of them onto a plate and brought them back out, [colour=#cc6699]"here you go Miss Snickerdoodle, the last two fritters, still warm, I'm afraid the Wonderbolts wiped out the last of the pie for the night, we still have drinks too if you like."[/colour] It wasn't much but hopefully it was enough, Martini hated the idea of disappointing any of the weather weary pegasai, but she never expected the number of ponies that populated the bar this night.

What was interesting is the newcomer had heard of the bar,[colour=#cc6699] "really that is what Ponyland is catered towards, the REA ponies, mainly officers and the royal guards, although we get occasional Luna guards and of course enlisted soldiers, but they usually have their own hangouts, but they are most welcome just the same. Lately though we been getting more civilians, especially on nights like tonight when were the only open bar in town, why we even had royalty here. Twice!"[/colour] Martini sounded pretty excited over the last part, but meeting Cadance not once, but twice, was the highlight of her job. [colour=#cc6699] "So is your brother enlisted or officer? What does he do in the REA?"[/colour] In her desire to engage customers Martini almost forgot the most important part of her job, [colour=#cc6699]"oh, sorry, I almost forgot to ask, did you also want anything to drink?"[/colour]

[colour=#cc99ff]Flitter[/colour]

Flitter hoped onto the bed, well as best she could, and turned around and lay down with her head propped up with her fore hooves as she gave the most alluring batting of her eye lashes as she could muster, excited Cloudchaser was being so spontaneous and playful!

That is until she heard Cloudchaser speak. Suddenly Flitter felt really embarrassed, he could she be so assumptive and stupid!? It all came back in her mind, Cloudchaser was obviously worried and hiding something and now she wanted to talk; [colour=#cc99ff]how did I go from that to thinking she'd..[/colour] Flitter shook her head, attempting to clear her mind, how could she be tipsy, it was only, what, two… Maybe three ciders?

Flitter tried to digest the all too fast string of words that came out of her marefriend's muzzle, unsure if she really caught what the spiky maned peagsus was saying, [colour=#cc99ff]"did uhh… Did you say you got knocked out during the storm?" [/colour] Flitter suddenly had a worried expression other face, [colour=#cc99ff]"oh Celestia, they must have had you doing some of the most dangerous work and you were knocked unconscious!"[/colour]

Flitter leaped off the bed, tripping on the floor before running out to Cloudchaser, [colour=#cc99ff]"letmelookatyou! Are you okay?!"[/colour] Flitter ruffled her hooves through Cloudchaser's mane, looking for any bumps, [colour=#cc99ff]"I should have known they have you work on something incredibly difficult, being such a great weather pony and so cool and all! Why didn't you just tell me?!"[/colour]

"Oh.", while the unicorn was tired both in body and mind, he was sober enough to realize he was getting the ol' 'brushoff'. "I do apologize for taking up your time 'Miss Misty Morning'. I tend to get a little blabbery when I get into these moods. I won't bother you any further". the weary pony looked extra pitiful as his ears had flatted themselves against his skull. "Actually, would be best of me to move on and get home.", he finally managed to come up with the 'right amount' of tip to leave for the multitalented bar-mare which he left. He scooped up his hat and started to make the motion to get up from his seat, when he realized a few things. He could not feel his own backside, and his hind legs had fallen asleep hours ago. He knew if he tried to stand on them, he'd just fall flat on his face. So for the moment, he was stuck where he was sitting.

He glanced over at the latest pony to enter 'Ponyland' and she gave him an idea, "Miss Martini? When you can, could you please bring me over a little something hot? Maybe just a cup of black coffee. No sugar. No milk.", he tried not to snoop, but caught the new pony's name. Snickerdoodle. Where he had heard that name before? He cleared his throated and turned his attention to the mare, "Er, Miss? Sorry to interrupt, but do you by chance work at the weather factory?". He was pretty sure this was the same pony who had a habit of making and leaving cookies in the factory's break-room. His former mare-friend, Sun Catcher usually brought a few home from time to time and they were probably some of the best cookies he had ever eaten.

Martini Paradise brought out a plate of fritters, and explained that the pie was sadly all gone. Snickerdoodle glanced over at the table where Soarin' and Rainbow Dash still had their heads together, no doubt talking about awesome stunts or some such thing. She saw the pile of empty plates and sighed. Ah well, the fritters were warm, and just as delicious as apple pie.

[colour=#cc6699]"So is your brother enlisted or officer? What does he do in the REA?"[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"My brother, Slingshot, is currently a Staff Sargent. I think that means he's a non-commissioned officer, but military ranks confuse me. He's a scout, and flies border patrols mostly, but his goal is to move up the ranks and become a member of the Royal Guard. I'm not sure if he will end up stationed here in Canterlot or in the Crystal Empire. He's probably hoping for the latter, since he has a school colt crush on Princess Cadence."[/colour]

Snickerdoodle took a bite of a fritter, and her eyes crossed a little as she slowly chewed the pastry. Either this fritter was really that good, or she was really that hungry. She had to deliberately eat slow, or the plate would have been licked clean in seconds.

At the mention of a drink, she replied, [colour=#8b4513]"The hot cocoa is fine for now, but it could definitely use a little shot of peppermint schnapps to spice it up a little. Thanks."[/colour]

She turned towards the unicorn stallion sitting near her as he addressed her. Snickerdoodle smiled what she hoped was a friendly smile, and not an exhausted grimace. [colour=#8b4513]"Hmm? Yes, I do work at the weather factory, in the rainbow department. I was on shift this morning when this terrible storm blew in. Why do you ask?" [/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Dash finished making plans with Soarin' to make sure he could visit during the next big storm task, barring the schedule differences that would no doubt be required, and then stepped away, sure that a big Wonderbolt like him didn't want her clinging like some egghead fangirl. She was an AWESOME fangirl, and future Wonderbolt, so there! And she had to stop and think about how she could impress him when he came by to watch her storm prep!

She sat down at the bar between a mare and a stallion, a big grin on her face, finishing off her third cider. Woooo, yeah, ok, now she was kinda feeling tired. [colour=#0000cd] "Um.. barkeep!"[/colour] she called, [colour=#0000cd]"I think I better go with a coffee for my next drink!"[/colour] She grinned to the pony next to her. "Hi!" she said cheerfully, and leaned casually on the bar. Then she stared. It was ANOTHER Wonderbolt! "[colour=#0000cd]Whoah, Misty Morning! Hey, nice to see ya! You remember me, Rainbow Dash? You were out helpin' in this giant mess tonight, too?"[/colour]

[colour=#CC99FF]"did uhh… Did you say you got knocked out during the storm? [/colour][colour=#CC99FF]oh Celestia, they must have had you doing some of the most dangerous work and you were knocked unconscious! [/colour][colour=#CC99FF]letmelookatyou! Are you okay?! [/colour][colour=#CC99FF]I should have known they have you work on something incredibly difficult, being such a great weather pony and so cool and all! Why didn't you just tell me?!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The response wasn't what Cloudchaser had expected at all. Flitter was more concerned than anything else. It really spoke to the depth of her love. Cloudchaser went from a look of apprehension to one of relief. Then as Flitter came close, she hugged her and smiled softly. She really could be thick at times. Of course Flitter wasn't going to judge her on this kind of thing. How could she have ever thought otherwise?[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Geez... I guess I really worry too much. I thought you'd be disappointed... and you know... I thought Dash and the others would think it was uncool too..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Cloudchaser said, giving a relieved sigh.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Yeah... I guess they did stick me in the heart of the tricky stuff being a weather pony and all. Guess I didn't think about that part,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said looking down.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"All the same, the storm really did cream me... I guess more than anypony I let myself down out there, and that made me worry what everypony else might think..."[/colour] [colour=#000000]she added, trailing off as she continued to hug the other mare a while.[/colour]

Misty Morning giggled a bit as she sipped her Lemon Water noting the fact that Rainbow Dash was still as big of a Wonderbolts fan girl as there ever was.

[colour=#00ffff]"Well hello to you as well Rainbow Dash, yes I was helping in the storm. I think I even flew past you a few times, I couldn't really tell though since you were seemingly chasing Soarin the whole time." [/colour]Misty giggles again simply playing up the vibe she was getting from Rainbow that told her everything she needed to know.

[colour=#00ffff]"Got a huge crush on him don't ya?[/colour]" Misty leans into Rainbow and whispers,

[colour=#00ffff]"Just don't knock him out again and I think you'll be golden!"[/colour] She winks at Dash again before returning to her Lemon Water.

[colour=#00ffff]"Are you sure you want coffee and not some Lemon Water? its really good, and good for you!"[/colour] Misty proclaimed hoping to convince the mare to not get coffee which would in effect make her MORE jittery then she already was in her love struck state. Misty giggled and patted Rainbow on the back a bit before she dragged her in close for what seemed a hug.

[colour=#00ffff]"See Martini, this is the one I was telling you about, she won the young fliers competition and got to spend the whole day with us!"[/colour] Misty made several nods afterwords still rather in a state of shock that Dash was even talking to her in the first place, not that she found it odd, she just figured in a bar with tons of other ponies to talk to that she could find another to converse with.

[colour=#cc6699]Martini Paradise[/colour]

Martini Paradise watched as Soarin' gave a smile and a wink as he left the bar for the night, no doubt needing to get home to rest for whatever Wonderbolt performances that fill the sky blue stallion's schedule. As the rains had all but stopped, leaving nothing but a very damp mist, it was unlikely to be troublesome for such an experienced flyer to reach his home even on such a dark, cloudy night. Martini didn't really get to speak to him, but at least she could brag to her daughter, Sunrise Beach, that she got to meet the little filly's "dream stallion" once again.

As the hour was late, or early if you were one of those who awake in the wee hours of the morning, it was no surprise that both Pocket Change and Rainbow Dash asked for the java juice. Many customers needed that final wake up to get home from Ponyland and the inn was well stocked in preperation.

Martini seized two coffee cups with her magic, and was about to do something fancier, but even as she started, she could feel her own weariness slowing down her responses. A good barkeep never flubbed a trick - and part of that was knowing when you were too tired to try them. She brought them over in a row to the coffee machine, where they were filled, one after the other, with quiet, orderly precision. The last few drops coming from the spigot floated up into the air, chasing after the coffee cups to plop into one or the other of the mugs, rippling the surface, not a drop wasted. The two settled onto the bar - one before Pocket Change and the other before Rainbow Dash, and Martini included a little service cup full of sugars and creams for the latter pony, just in case. [colour=#cc6699]"There you go hon, so where do you live? In Cloudsdale or somewhere else? No need to travel far if you are not up to it, we have plenty of beds for the night."[/colour] The rainbow maned pegasus intrigued Martini, given how much the white unicorn talked her up earlier that evening.

At that moment Misty Morning filled in extra details about Dash to the barmare, [colour=#cc6699]"oh right, Pocket Change mentioned that earlier, something about a mid-air rescue as well, and something else about heroism and elements." [/colour] Martini couldn't quite remember; it must have been her tired state causing her memory to be clouded; still even in this state it was obvious Dash was enthusiastic about the Wonderbolts, or at least Soarin' and must have been a pretty good flyer herself, [colour=#cc6699]"you sound like quite the notable pony; are you interested in being on of the Wonderbolts someday?"[/colour]

Of course Martini hadn't forgotten about her newest customer, and her horn once again became aglow. A bottle of peppermint schnapps floated from the shelf, and Martini gave a large yawn, her jaw cracking wide open. The magic faltered around the bottle, and it dropped out of the air, but before disaster could happen, Martini tidily caught the bottle on one rear hoof, her telekinesis helping to steady it subtly, her yawn never pausing as she covered her mouth with her forehoof. She gave a little *toss* to the bottle, and it flew over her form to get caught in a telekinetic glow right in front of her face, as she topped off a glug or two of schnapps into the Snickerdoodle's hot cocoa. With a flip of her head, she sent the bottle flying up back onto the shelf with a quiet clink.

[colour=#cc6699]"Sorry about the poor performance hon, I guess being on all fours all day has caught up to me."[/colour] Martini gave broad if sheepish smile at her near mistake, but was pretty such the cream coloured pegasus didn't mind. [colour=#cc6699]"As for your brother's rank, yep being a Staff Sergeant would make him an NCO; never been in the military myself, but knowing all the ranks is one of those essentials if you are going to work at a bar like this, makes the regulars feel more special when you recognize their rank and all, especially the officers, they love it, sometimes I wonder if they are just insecure colts given how important it is to them."[/colour]

Martini wasn't surprised about the aspirations of Snickerdoodle's brother to be a royal guard, nor of his affinity for Cadence, [colour=#cc6699] "you won't believe how many REA stallions, and a few mares, have some sort of 'thing' for the princess. I actually met her once, in this very bar actually, along with her husband! She is as beautiful as they all say, being around her… It's hard to explain, like you instantly feel at ease, and there is this feeling of warmth and beauty, it is hard to describe unless you are there."[/colour] Martini smiled and sighed softly, Cadence may be the most beautiful mare she had ever seen, and that was saying a lot, of course there was her husband too, "[colour=#cc6699]And that Shining Armor, ooh, he is quite the looker, the pictures in the papers don't do him justice!"[/colour]

[colour=#dda0dd]Flitter[/colour]

Flitter stepped back from Cloudchaser, well stepped back and fell on her flank, still woozy from too much cider; her clumsiness didn't embaress her too much, as shown by her awkward smile. [colour=#dda0dd]"Well of course I am not disappointed! We all have bad days, even the best of us!"[/colour] It took Flitter a few seconds to put together the rest of her thoughts in her head, but it was clear what she needed to do; reassure Cloudchaser, [colour=#dda0dd]"Remember when I brought some of my experiments home that one day and caused that horrible stinky cloud that sat in our home for days? As embarrassing, and smelly as that was, it didn't suddenly make me bad at biology, so it is like uh.. You and flying! The same! Umm.. except for the stink of course. Umm.. anyway, you are still awesome and like you said, they had you do the hard stuff, cuz' your awesome!"[/colour] That was a rousing speech of support, wasn't it? Surrrrre it was!

Of course Flitter knew her love well, well enough at least, to know that she was just as afraid of the others knowing what was revealed in confidence. She stumbled forward and hugged the spiky maned pegasus once again, [colour=#dda0dd]"Look, it will be our secret, I won't tell them if you won't, 'kay? We'll just talk about how crazy the storm was all night out there, and I'll tell how I struggled and they'll smile; I don't mind"[/colour]. Flitter stepped back and gave a reassuring smile, it was odd this role reversal, as it was usually Cloudchaser that reassured her; odd perhpas, but she was happy to do it, this was love after all. Flitter stepped forward again and kissed Cloudy, hoping that would be enough to convince her spiky maned companion,[colour=#dda0dd]"shall we go out?"[/colour]

• Like 1

After thanking the bartender, Pocket Change pushed his coffee cup a little closer with his two front hooves and slowly drank the hot and very black coffee. He glanced up as the new mare spoke and was now very sure this was the girl Sun Catcher had spoken about in the past. He found it funny that she didn't match up to what he had imagined the mare to look like. He always thought the wonderful cookie maker would be rather homely and round in all the wrong places as he was told while friendly, this 'Snickerdoodle' wasn't the most social of ponies at the 'office'. While she was quite the looker, he wisely decided not try hitting on this particular mare, or any others for the rest of the night. His hair was droopy along with his eyes and he'd probably just make a bigger fool of himself.

"Knew a gal who works in the 'Weather Factory' and when we used to be together, she would bring home these wonderful little cookies a particular talented pony would make for everyone.Said she would make them for holidays, birthdays and any days in between. I'm guessing she is you.", the stallion looked pretty worn out, but he managed to keep a friendly smile on his face.

"Nice to finally match the name with a face. I'm Pocket Change."

Snickerdoodle smiled and sighed as the barmare topped off her cocoa with a healthy glug of peppermint schnapps. She swirled the mug a little to more evenly distribute the liquor in the drink, then took a sip. She shivered as the heat flowed into her mouth and down her throat, followed by the cool tingle of the mint.

She nodded as Martini told her that she was correct in thinking her brother was a officer, of a sort. And smiled when she mentioned that the other officers loved their rank being recognized. Snickerdoodle wasn't sure that Slingshot made a big deal about being a Staff Sargent, but maybe it was more important when he was among other military ponies than when he was with his family.

[colour=#8b4513]"Princess Cadence has been here, really? Wow. I'm not surprised she has that effect on many of the REA ponies. She is the princess of love, after all."[/colour]

She giggled a bit when Martini waxed romantic about Prince Shining Armor's good looks. He certainly was handsome, she didn't doubt that. But he was way out of her league, married or not, so she didn't think too much about it.

In the meantime, the white unicorn stallion had gotten his coffee and taken a sip before addressing her again.

[colour=#4b0082]"Knew a gal who works in the 'Weather Factory' and when we used to be together, she would bring home these wonderful little cookies a particular talented pony would make for everyone. Said she would make them for holidays, birthdays and any days in between. I'm guessing she is you."[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"Oh, yes, that's me all right. I love baking cookies, and sharing them whenever I have an opportunity or an excuse to do so. It's how I got my cutie mark, after all. I sometimes wondered why there were never any left over after I brought a couple dozen in to the factory. I suppose that ponies were saving some to bring home. I'm glad you liked them. Did you have a favorite?"[/colour]

The custard coloured pegasus mare stuck one hoof out to the unicorn stallion. [colour=#8b4513]"Pleased to meet you Pocket Change. I'm Snickerdoodle, which I guess you already knew."[/colour]

She returned his weary smile. He looked about as tired as she felt. Glancing at the clock behind the bar, she noticed how late, or more appropriately, early it was.

[colour=#8b4513]"Oh dear, is it really that time? I am never going to make it home now, I'd pass out and crash before I got halfway there.[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]Excuse me, miss Martini? Did I hear you say you had rooms available here? I think I might need one."[/colour]

She made plans to sleep as late as she was allowed, then fly back to Cloudsdale to visit her parents, and see if her father would come help her with her waterlogged house.