My Little Pony, tattoos are forever !

kunio18

Anyone ever thought about it, ive seen a fair few on EqD nightly roundup of late. not that i have thought about ever getting some done myself of pony's but some of the ink-age artwork that i have seen has been remarkable, me myself, i has a fair few tattoos over my body already and recently ive come across a lot of awesome ink work done of the pony's that we all love, but gotta think though it is FOR LIFE.

opinions plz !?

Ive got a lot of pics to show you lot of what ive found and collected that i think are super rad !

34nqu6w.jpg

d4dab.jpg

mjbkas.jpg

x2p45y.jpg

avo8jt.jpg

cq1y0.jpg

315be4n.jpg

15yng4.jpg

15rcim1.jpg

25ti4k1.jpg

• Like 1

I've seen a few! I might some day consider getting one myself, but the thread header is a big thing to note: Tattoos are forever. And lazer removal is VERY expensive.

I have no idea what I'd get, but I think it'd be nice to have a reminder of my first fandom and all it's done to shape me!

Situation:

10 Years go by.

No longer a fan of the show or fandom.

OhgodwhathaveIdone.jpg

As much as I hate to say it... This...

This is why I am choosing to design my own tattoo that has special meaning to me and me alone. Something I won't regret in 10 years or even 50 years time (ok maybe 50, but that is because of lack of elastin NOT because of what it is)

I personally don't like the idea of getting pop culture tattoos, whether it be a band, tv show or anything.

Though, those tattoos do look nice. Especially Discord and Fluttershy.

None of these appeal to me, though I appreciate them.

However, the "tattoos are forever" line was something that I ask people who get tattoos about. The general idea is not that you think you will like the thing forever, but that you are marking that part of your life on your body. Sort of a living history. I can understand that, and why people who feel that way never stop at just one.

I have zero, mainly because (1) professional jobs frown upon them (2) most designs I want are highly custom - expensive and hard to find a good artist, and (3) I'd lose my place to live.

Though I have seriously thought of getting the familiar cloud and tri-colored lightning bolt (on the hip of course) because it really *would* mean something to me, Dash represents both everything I am and everything I want to be, so she would be a reminder to keep striving for my goals. (So yes, her mark or artwork of her I'd consider) The rest I can appreciate and enjoy but I'd never get. But hey, if you find more post them up, I love to browse skin art, I find it fascinating.

• Like 1

My wife and I have debated getting tattoos recently. Part of a midlife crisis thing I think.

The FOREVER aspect is a big pause-giver.

If I get one it would be something like the infinity knot somewhere easily concealed.

My wife is debating getting 3 butterflies on her hip. It ties in with her new found affinity for Fluttershy but even after the show has passed, a woman with butterfly tattoos isn't exceptionally out of place.

It's all about placement. A coworker friend just recently showed me her eight tattoos, and I had no idea she had any of them!

The art on those is nice. I agree with Shadow about where pony might be in 10 years. Though FiM really does define something special and personal to a lot of people, so I suppose it's who you talk to.

I really like the Derpy ankle one! Swirly, get the Discord ink done and don't look back.

I don't think I'd gver get a MLP tatoo due to job and the fact that as one gets older skin does sag and that pony you had might not look so great later on.

having said this, if I got a mark, it would be a small version of Twilight's cutie mark since I'm very Twilight like.

I don't think I'd gver get a MLP tatoo due to job and the fact that as one gets older skin does sag and that pony you had might not look so great later on.

having said this, if I got a mark, it would be a small version of Twilight's cutie mark since I'm very Twilight like.

Unless you got a tatty of Granny Smith! Then it looks better with age! Mojo, you know what must be done! You're practically at Death's Door already, anyway!

Lux, you should get Twi's cutie mark on your flank. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

I imagine showing at a tattoo parlor with some dude that looks like a biker with skull and demon tattoos asking what I want and saying I want a Twilight Sparkle cutie mark.

• Like 4

Never had the intention of getting a tattoo. I just see no point in them.

And unfortunately, Pony won't sway my opinion. Just a VERY big life decision that I may regret at some point later in life that I'm not willing to make... :smug:

I can't say I disagree with you. In general I understood people like military folks that got unit insignias or branch arms done. That is a life defining thing for a lot of people and I respect that. The kindergartener like skulls and what-not I've seen people I know get however. :green:

(I used to work with a guy that got a tat and found out later it was a gang sign and had horrible-botched removal surgery that left him looking like a farm accident victim.)

But I am finding that as I get older I'm less opposed to the idea rather than more. Maybe it's because I won't have as long to regret it as I did when I was younger.

My sister had a tat removed, which didn't surprise me because the artist was not very good, and it did not come out sharply. The real tragedy was that 40 laser removal sessions later, it was faded but still clearly visible. It makes me wonder if her removal place was unethical.

Count me in as another chap who'd never get a tattoo. I'm in no rush to permanently mutilate my skin anytime soon. :P

I think that is unnecessarily harsh. I would never say someone with earrings had permanently mutilated their skin. I see both piercings and tattoos on a spectrum.

• Like 1

I have a Watership Down tattoo (The Black Rabbit of Inle on my chest) I'm thinking of another, possible a fox of some sort, but really don't have any money or solid ideas

My wife has two bunnies on her feet, a star, bird, and latin saying on her ankle, another bunny on her hip, the Finnish flag and word mother on her chest, another bird on her shoulder, and a quarter sleeve consisting of a jackelope, an owl, and Vault Boy from Fallout. She can cover all of them with the right clothes for interviews and professional stuff.

I believe if you really want a tatoo you should go for it. Just be smart where you get it and make sure the artist is good. No need to be ashamed

I think that is unnecessarily harsh. I would never say someone with earrings had permanently mutilated their skin. I see both piercings and tattoos on a spectrum.

I don't mean to say that tattoos (or piercings for that matter) are wrong in any way, but the fact remains that the process of getting piercings and tattoos causes skin damage. Maybe not as much as other methods... but still. :blah:

Fun fact: one of my aunts has a Cat in the Hat tattoo, on her ankle if I recall correctly. She might have another tattoo, but I'm not sure.