Greetings

brianblackberry

Not sure what to say. I guess I am one of those people who thought they would never be sucked into a My Little Pony fandom. Guy, in his thirties, into Science-Fiction, football, and action/horror flicks, someone you would likely think I'd be the last person who would be interested in MLP. Truth be told before FiM I thought nothing of the pony franchise other than remembering my sisters collecting them growing up. The only Pony cartoon I was aware of was the original from the Eighties and I remember it being bland enough that even my pony collecting sisters didn't bother to watch it (good news, more Transformers time for me! ;) )

However I have always been a cartoon fan and a couple months back a few friends of mine told me about Friendship Is Magic and that I should "check it out". At first I was pretty dismissive; My Little Pony? C'monnn, be serious! All those "girl cartoons" I remember have always been terrible. They persisted, so one day while coloring on Photoshop I decided to que up the episodes on Youtube and listen while coloring. I was hooked pretty much instantly with the art, the characters, the writing.. and OMG the cute, I have always been such a sucker for the cute.

Even with my new found love for FiM, I was pretty closet about being a bronie, but the more friends discovered I was into this, the more I discovered they were all pretty cool with it and several turned out to be bronies themselves (well my male friends, not sure if you call female friends who are fans bronies too or not). I guess now I can't get enough of FiM, so I am pretty hooked. Bad enough when a friend got me an Applejack and a custom Derpy I was stoked (yeah I have an innocent "crush" on AJ :lol: ); the rest of history.

Anyway I figure this be a cool place to be. Been lurking on Equestria Daily & FiMChan as either Brianblackberry or BMcP for a while, but always felt on the outside in the fandom and I wanted to change that. Hopefully I can show some arts, and even try the RP thing (I admit I may be rather shy with that) and generally have fun. :D

Hi, Brian!

Admittedly when I was little, I loved things like... Inspector Gadget, Danger Mouse, Thundercats... but I also watched Rainbow Brite, Punkie Brewster, and a few other shows that a BOY probably had no business watching. Strangely, I never got into MLP -- I've never liked horses, and I think the 'cutie' style the new show has really helped me get past that. lol

But I'm happy to say that each episode of FiM seems to get better and better - particularly the flash animation. It's gone from standard static to things that absolutely make me laugh!

Please feel free to post art, and try the RP thing. I'm just as shy about role play stuff (I haven't done it in 15 years or so!) but I plan to give it a go. :)

Hi, Brian!

Admittedly when I was little, I loved things like... Inspector Gadget, Danger Mouse, Thundercats... but I also watched Rainbow Brite, Punkie Brewster, and a few other shows that a BOY probably had no business watching. Strangely, I never got into MLP -- I've never liked horses, and I think the 'cutie' style the new show has really helped me get past that. lol

Please feel free to post art, and try the RP thing. I'm just as shy about role play stuff (I haven't done it in 15 years or so!) but I plan to give it a go. :)

I agree with Faust that most girl cartoons generally sucked. I do remember the one cartoon considered "for girls" my sister really liked and that was Jem, I don't know if you remember that one. It honestly seemed alright. Still at that time I pulled her into my world of Transformers and turned her into a hard-core fan of that series. I wonder what she say if she knew I suddenly liked MLP, :lol:

Thanks about the art, I'll post as soon as I put up anything public; I love feedback. As for the RP thing, rather nervous, it isn't something I am used to but here it all seems innocent fun and more relaxed, so I'll likely be more inclined to participate. Last did RP, oh 4-5 years ago and left after people would solicit my character all the time. :shock:

Hello and Welcome to the world of Equestria! Our forums here are still warming up to all the new guests but I'm sure we will all find a home here. Now that you've officially introduced yourself be sure to check out the Equestrian Rules! And while you're in the "getting started" area you might wanna take a look at some freebie graphics if you find yourself bored with your current icon.

If you're into RPing and want to help get the ball rolling faster in that area for big adventures and epic quests be sure to stop in the Questions and Suggestions area to add your ideas in the map making process and species list. C:

We hope you stick around!

I love how the brony fever spreads to all sorts of people. Seriously cool in my books. C: