[Fillydelphia]The Museum Robbery! - [Read OOC Topic!]

Ciraxis

It was snowy morning in The City of Sibling Love. Blizzard raged just outside of the Northtown part of the city, making already cold day even more unpleasant.

The single coach slowly made its way towards Manor situated on nearby hill. Single brown pony walked out off the vehicle, opened the massive steel gate that guarded the mansion grounds and started walking towards the building.

Fortunately the road leading to it was not so slippery anymore. It seems that Young Master took the care off it...with some help.

The Mansion itself was not so scary as it used to be just six months ago. New wooden walls were bright and the roof was now red as fresh apple. Brow pony looked in his pockets and pulled out the key which he used to open the door.

"I am back Young Master." said the Oak Branch - for it was him - when he freed himself from winter coat.

"Finaly Branch! What took you so long? I was getting worried that you lost yourself in this blizzard. We are in the lounge right now." 'Young Master' answered from the few rooms away.

Oak Branch followed this voice. The inside off the masion were unrecognizable from its ruined state. Floors, walls, furniture - all off that was replaced. Now the inside were filled with brightness from magical lamps and classy stuff.

In the lounge Swift Squall along with the Conjurer Bubble - formerly ghost and mansion previous 'owner', now house Guardian Spirit - made some Hearth's Warming Eve preparations.

"You was out all night. What happened Oak?"

Old butler didn't answer at first. He instead inspected the cnages that unicorn and spirit made in the room. Glass ball ornaments, wreath, candles along with socks over the fireplace - all this items decorated lounge now. Oak Branch was sure that Young Master took care off some other rooms already.

"Aren't that...little early Young Master."

"We will spent our first Hearth's Warming Eve alone Oak. And don't change the subject Branch. What happened?"

"He will skip dinner today." thought the old butler.

"Well?" Swift reapeted impatiently.

Earth Pony sighted "Museum of Fillydelphia was robbed."

"What? You joking?....No, of course you not...What was stolen?"

"I have no idea Young Master. The REA called for reinforcements from Stalliongrad. It seems serious. I don't know if they would accept civilian hel..." butler started but Squall wasn't even in the room anymore.

"Oak Branch, I am leaving. They will need all help available. Maybe it's some syndicates doing? Neverthless I am going in."

"Oh dear..."

"Oh and I will skip dinner today. Don't worry if I don't come back for day or two."

Swift continued as he pulled some heavy winter coat with fur collar on sleeveless jacket that was already on his body. "Later...!" quick farewell was heard before the door slamed.

"....I better prepare some bandages" said Oak Branch and Bubble nodded in agreement.

The cold winter air in Fillydelphia wasn't stopping Harrington Sleuth's progress as he walked through the town, hauling his supply wagon behind him. It was a bit challenging to keep the inside of it warm as he slept in it and was now covered in a set of winter clothes he had to keep from freezing--a thick, black coat, snow boots and a black snow cap covering his head. He pulled his caravan through the business district as he continued on his way through the roads, though there were those he occasionally bumped into and had to apologize to. It happened a lot that he or the wagon would bump into somepony and he would have to excuse himself for it. The only reason he didn't try to fix that problem by taking other roads is that at this point, he wanted to move on from Fillydelphia to try to get back to Baltimare and see his family for Hearth's Warming Eve.

On his way through, as he reached the river in losing where he was in the city, he tried to see what was going on across the river. He squinted to see...it looked like a pony or two in uniform...he flew across the river, caravan in tow, and landed on the other side in the University district. He approached the scene to see what was going on despite the ever-nagging feeling he should stay out of it. He bolted down his wagon and started closer to the Museum, where he saw more REA officers and REIN agents as they were within his limited visibility in this snow.

What happened here...?

Sparks sat at a table outside of a small cafe in the University district, sipping a warm cup of hot chocolate, smiling to himself happily, his nice, grey, fuzzy hat over his head, covering his ears and keeping him warm, though to be fair, it wasn't horribly cold outside, at least not for a native Stalliongrad resident such as Sparks. The young intern had gotten some time off from his job at Northern Storm Industries up in Stalliongrad, and, like a bird, he decided to travel south for the winter to a relatively warmer location. He hadn't traveled much outside of Stalliongrad - he had only really been to Manehatten - so he decided to visit Fillydelphia.

Fillydelphia was vastly different from both Manehatten and Stalliongrad. Smaller than both cities, and obviously far older, the city had a certain academic culture about it - a culture that Sparks had to admit he loved. The University of Fillydelphia was approximately the same size of the one in his native home of Stalliongrad, and he was certain that it's academics could easily rival the University of his hometown. Another thing that interested him was the prospect of visiting the Museum - although Stalliongrad had a rich history, no one had really bothered to collect it all and construct a museum. History had always been a fascination for Sparks, a bit of a hobby to go alongside his career as an engineer.

With a smile, he gulped down his hot chocolate and got up, beginning to head in the direction of the Museum...

Swift got out of the carriage - not without paying of course. It was really cold today, it reminded him about his two years in Stalliongrad. Squall quickly repressed the memory - he had a job to do. He gave a look to a impressive building of Museum of Fillydelphia.

"Yes...place like that have much valuables for those who know what too look for." swordstallion thought. If he was to help REA he had to get some info. He walked around the building - he didn't had the choice really, it was surrounded by the red tape and whole place swarmed with REA soldiers and REIN agents. Many of those from Fillydelphia waved at him and greated Squall verbaly. Swift returned the greeting to anypony who did this. Durning his six months in the city he got to the good side of REA'ns here....well most of them. The ones from the Stalliongrad however - he reconized them thanks too distinctive emblem on their clothes - gazed at him with suspicion, but he ignored it.

Swift finally founded what he was looking for, the carriage thet doubled as the mobile office. Behind it stood some tables and chairs - snow around them was gone, propably thanks to heat crystal that was in the middle. At the time only one pegasus mare was sitting there and writing something with her wings, one glance at them could tell that they were extremely flexible. She stopped for the moment and yawned. Mare's coat had color of amber and her short,golden mane covered one of her eyes.

"Hello Morning, you sleepy head." unicorn greeted his friend.

"Oh, Squall..it's you." said the Morning Tide. Tone of her voice reavealled that she was happy to see him, but at the same time, tired.

"To tell the truth I didn't had much sleep today. Wait. That actually not true, I didn't have ANY sleep at all...in last 36 hours?

"It's pretty obvious. These are the biggest eye bags I ever saw on the mare. What happend?" unicorn asked with concern.

" Well I got night shift yesterday..and busy night it was. Some hooligans painted the train at The Hub and some other trouble makers made ruckus in Central Park...oh and some griffon demolished restaurant in Uptown but to his defence, I would too if I had too wait two hours for meal, got wrong one and cold too boot. Where was I? Oh yes. Rusty nail asked me to swich with him so I stayed after sunrise too, lot's of paperwork I tell you. And then JUST when I got to bed some good for nothing decied to rob MoF. I swear to Celestia...<muble,muble>"

Swift listened to the tirade patiently. Morning Tide was huge whiner, especially when she had lack of sleep. Yet he interrupted her when the muttering become unreconizeble.

"Err...Tide?"

"Oh..sorry Squall. That's all becose lack off sleep. I could give a wing for the cup of coffie. But enough about that. What brings you here? The usual I bet?"

"You bet right. I heard from Oak about the trouble you all had and decided to help." swordstallion paused for a moment..."Any details so far?"

"You want to sniff inside for yourself? I don't have much info to give you. Three items were stolen. They are part of Three Tribes Era Exibition, borrowed from Canterlot Museum of High Arcana and on tour around Equestria. Exibition was supposed to open tommorow.Thats all knowlage I got you have to find it for yourself."

"I see...will you help me slip it?"

"You have to ask? All REA in Fillydelphia owns you for this coats and jackets." he turned her head behind, towards the jacket that rested on backrest of her chair " And they really fine too. Usually we got ones, financed by Finanse Bureau...but all of this year budget was blowed up on the Ponyville rebuilding! First the Ursa Minor rampage, then the parasprites and not so long ago the dragon? Seriously I really want to tell inhabitians of this place what I think about them, they not the bee's knees for Celestia sake!"

"Err..Morning?

"Sorry. Let me think...I gonna pass you as civilian expert...and you need some fale name too... spegasi started to fill sme papers, she also proceeded to make nameplate." How about Liquid Storm?

"Good enough. Anything else?" he asked as he exmined the plate with his new pseudonym on it.

" Yeah, change the manestyle and leave your coat here. You can borrow this one. That will not fool REAns from here they know why you here already and are fine with it. Well except for Colonel."

"Oh..the Colonel. If he will find me I am done for."

" I wouldn't be so sure about it. He have other thing to be pissed at and I agree with him for once."

" Really?" Swift asked surprised as he pulled REA jacket on his back "And that would be...?"

"Stalliongradians. They act like they own the place, seen stuff like that million times already and other annoying things. Each one of them have stick in the plot, I tell you."

"Belive me, I know them well. Cold land, cold hearts. See you later Morning. I will let you know what I find."

Swift said, troting towards the building. His mane was now free and swept-back, and he traded his trademark green shades for black ones.

"Thank's but I hope that I will be in bed before that comes. Anyway - good luck. she waved at him and yawned.

Ursa Growls found himself torn with the latest developments. The whole debacle had brought this part of Fillydelphia to a standstill. He had been hoping to get some time at a nearby book store to do a small signing for his latest addition to his collection of Equestria survival guides. Though it seemed that noone was interested on a day like this. Ursa wasn't quite sure what to think as he had only heard that something had happened to the museum but he couldn't bring himself to think it was something terrible. Perhaps just a small act of vandilisim or someting of the likes, he thought.

As Growls made his way out the store he could clearly piece together that something big had happened. It didn't take a scientist to put 1 and 1 together and the REA soldiers were a dead give away. Though now was the time for Ursa to put his past connections and talents to use. Recently it had became quite hard to find dangerous places in Equestria. This seemed like something that might escalate into an adventure and ever better, a new book! Ursa entered the crowd and tried to pick out any REA soldiers that he might recognize from his time in the forces but he couldn't make out much in the mess of people. "Bloody 'ell this is quite the mess." He slumped back into a rather frustated stance. He barely had room to breathe!

The REA and REIN had the place covered, especially near the main entrance to the Fillydelphia University Museum. However, with the snowfall, he deduced he had a chance to slip by their notice for just long enough to get behind them and inside to look into the matter (to help them out, of course) He bolted down his wagon, then quietly flew upward until he couldn't see anypony on the ground, then started slowly proceeding toward the museum. He landed on the roof, then started shuffling around to find a rooftop entrance. Once he finally found it, he slipped inside and carefully descended into the museum, shaking off the snow that covered him. He started taking a look around, impressed by the Museum's exhibits as he proceeded to the scene of the crime, where they had kept the travelling exhibit that was now gone. All it would take was lifting a clue here and there before he would find something that would give him a lead...

The scenario ran itself in his mind and, while it sounded good, he didn't want to take the chance of the REA having to interrogate him again for intruding on royal business. He simply approached as close as he could without crossing the lines marked out by the teams on the scene. He watched as Squall proceeded past the red tape surrounding the perimeter and hoped to get a quick word in to him.

"Hello, sir...um...well, this might be a bit much to ask, but...would my help be of any use to you? I am a private investigator by trade and would be honored to serve country and city...I am Harrington Sleuth. And who might you be?"

Rolling Thunder was quickly given briefings on the situation as the carriage he was in sped towards the Fillydelphia museum.  He was quite angry to find the usual vague information REIN fed him when things were going wrong. As henflipped through pages upon pages of material deliberately left incomplete,  wondering why Centcom had sent him, a combat and militia training officer, to be in charge of a robbery investigation.  From what he could tell something incredibly important must have been stolen, it couldn't be written down, it had sparked a declaration of martial law in the Fillydelphia area, and he was being put in charge of it all.  As he was attempting to understand the situation in his mind, the carriage stopped.

He was herded out of a carriage and into a command post for the operation.  As he arrived he noticed several concerned looking REIN ponies eyeing him nervously before one walked over and said, 

"Captiain Rolling Thunder as the only combat officer on this operation and you will be the commander of the operation and carry it out as you see fit.  I am your new handler, and before you ask, no I can not tell you my name or why you are here yet. I will brief you separately from all the troops and inform you then." 

As Thunder attempted to  protest  the REIN pony shoved him into a new tent and told him to wait there until it was time for the briefing.

"Hello, sir...um...well, this might be a bit much to ask, but...would my help be of any use to you? I am a private investigator by trade and would be honored to serve country and city...I am Harrington Sleuth. And who might you be?"

"#^&!^%&*!!!" run toughts of Swift. That was exacly the situation he hoped to avoid. But...private investigator? That could prove useful. He use his abilities and in the pinch - blame the fault on him.

"I am Liquid Storm, civilian expert in regards of burglaries. Privite investigetor? Let's see what papers says about this." Squall introduced himself with the false name. He checked the documents that Morning Tide gave to him. They stated that Swift was allowed to bring one additional pony with himself. Perfect.

"She thinks of everything. I onwn her a drink." he tought and smiled. Then he said aloud.

"Yes, I belive you can help Mr. Sleuth. But please don't ask me any questions, I just arrived and have no recognition in the situation myself. Come now, let's find the crime scene."

Harrington's eyes lit up as "Liquid Storm" invited him to go inside to the crime scene. I'm actually surprised that he would let me come along like this. And so soon after I asked him. This is so exciting! Just remember to keep calm...this is a crime scene. A different league from what I'm accustomed to, a bit more professional, but I can handle myself in this...

"Very well, then. We'll discover a few things together."

He walked past the boundaries laid out to dissuade civilians from entering the scene and started inside with "Liquid Storm" to investigate the scene at hand. His mind starting running off the possibilities of what happened as they entered. It was likely an art theft, but what exactly was inside that would be of such value to break into a university museum to steal? At least they're letting me inside on legitimate terms to find these case-making bits of evidence. Much easier than breaking in from the rooftop.