Slenderman

Cat Napper

So I decided to watch through Marble Hornets the other day, I've gotten decently far, can't remember how so off the top of my head. It's interesting, but I'm really not getting all paranoid and weird about it like everyone else I know x3 brother can't sleep, friends claim they're seeing things, etc.

Anyone else here not entirely moved by Slenderman? Or is there just something wrong with me? I mean, he is creepy, but not THAT creepy

The Marble Hornets Slenderman thing, doesn't scare me. What happens is it plants the idea of Slenderman in your head. Dark rooms, turning corners in your own home, even a walk through the woods becomes suspenseful. My brother let me play Grand Theft Auto on his computer. He said he is going to the bathroom. So I am playing, and he takes a mask we have, turns it inside out so it has no face, and stands outside our window. I glance out the window and see it, I think "It's just my reflection.". I moved backward and it didn't move. I roll back as FAST as I could, tipping the chair. I run out the door and he walks in laughing like CRAZY. I am currently plotting revenge.

I'm completely immune to creepy pasta.

I can be startled, don't get me wrong, but by simple virtue of knowing that it's fake, I'm not scared or terrified or anything by it.

You just descsribed me exactly. Creepypasta always makes me laugh. Even screamers makes me laugh. Everything makes Fireraven23 laugh. I SPOKE ABOUT MYSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON! I AM NOW THE GREAT AND POWEFUL RAVEN!

To be back on topic... Slenderman is my bestest friend! I give him children, and he gives me adults to turn into cupcakes after many treacherous experiments :mad:

Slenderman creeps me the buck out, how are you all freaking immune?

I think it's more about the lingering feeling that he's always there.... always watching always waiting but never taking any action... You dont see him until he's about to get you...

I remember watching one of the episodes a second time,it was them filming in the car then the guy in the passenger seat leans back and Slendy's in the background... i dindt notice it the first time so i rewatched them again to see if he was hiding in more places...

Again, it's like he's always there, but never showing himself... like he's staring at you in the corner of the room, but you never look that way to see him... but when you DO see him... you're already done for...

Ah, Slendy....what experiences I've had with him.

I got into the Marble Hornets series about 2-3 years ago, before it gained huge notoriety...

*Hipster glasses*

But now the kids in my school are acting like they're so cool for knowing who the Slender Man is, when he's existed LONGER than Marble Hornets has. He actually originated on the "Something Awful" site. Nobody knows that, however, because Marble Hornets really got it into the mainstream.

I love the whole mythos surrounding Slender Man, whether it be absolutely terrifying or hilarious.

I also like to think that Slender Man inspired The Silence from Doctor Who....a little too much coincidence between the two.

Slenderman creeps me the buck out, how are you all freaking immune?

When I was young, I was into Lavender Town creepypasta. At first, it always freaked me out, and I let the placebo effect take me over. However, after a month, I began not only gained an immunity, but it made sadistic, sad, and scary things really funny to me. That's why I read Cupcakes when I need a good laugh.

I live in a heavily wooded area, and for a while the Slender Man was scary to me, as a lot of things were. But no longer do I fear scary things, I buy horror games and enjoy it their attempts to scare me...... However, nothing is creepier to me than children. Little kids are terrifying in every media, so Mr. Slendy, please keep up the good work! Slender Man for president!

I'm really fond of Slenderman as a paranormal/horror being concept. Enough information is concrete that you know what he essentially is and looks like, but is also little enough so that certain details varie from presentation to presentation. As far as his scary factor goes, I do get scared and shaker when I watch marble hornets or play Slender, as I am with just about any horror movie or game, but not to the point where I feel uncomfortable anytime outside of these activities.

I'm really fond of Slenderman as a paranormal/horror being concept. Enough information is concrete that you know what he essentially is and looks like, but is also little enough so that certain details varie from presentation to presentation. As far as his scary factor goes, I do get scared and shaker when I watch marble hornets or play Slender, as I am with just about any horror movie or game, but not to the point where I feel uncomfortable anytime outside of these activities.

Slenderman? Meh. Howzabout Slenderbug?

37462824.IMG_1178s.jpg

Pretty much explains me yep, though I always end up laughing at myself for being scared of Youtube videos and stuff xD I follow them because it's a wicked cool concept and just leaves me with a burning curiosity to know more about it.

And yes, yes I know of Slendy's origins, I only started watching it because all my friends were stupid scared of it, call me mainstream or whatever because I totally am xD

When I was young, I was into Lavender Town creepypasta. At first, it always freaked me out, and I let the placebo effect take me over. However, after a month, I began not only gained an immunity, but it made sadistic, sad, and scary things really funny to me. That's why I read Cupcakes when I need a good laugh.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's been jaded to the horrors of the internet, life, and imagination by the combined effort of /b/ and creepypasta.

There's only one type of thing that stills manages to get to me. Video's and gifs of animals being tortured and slaughtered. Dog's hit me the hardest, some gif's I've seen almost make me throw up. Slender only held my fear for.... a week or two at most?

Ah yes, good ol' slendy. I'm more intrigued by him more than anything else, but that's mainly because of my deep love of various fantasy lore, creepypasta included. Never was frightened much, but I've always enjoyed reading up on him when I get a little bored.

Occasionally I'll muse about what I'd do if I saw him, but any idle thoughts like that end with me giving him 20 bucks then going to a coffee house... which led me to believe I don't take many things like this seriously.

• 3 weeks later...