Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Blue

Coat Color: Army Green

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Light blonde mane and tail

Physique: Very buff and muscular

Cutie Mark: A homemade ‘Big Colt’ firecracker rocket

Origin/Residence: Stalliongrad

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Motivation: To become the greatest inventor in all of Equestria!

Likes: Problem solving, ‘heavy metal’ music, mixing up hoofmade rockets

Dislikes: Authority figures, pessimists, ponies who tell her ‘no’ or ‘that’s impossible’

Character Summary:

Tankena was born to a family of hard working metalsmith ponies in Stalliongrad. Her loving parents (Blitzkreig and Molotov) were loving but demanding. They had high standards since they were one of the few metalsmiths commissioned by the Royal Court in Canterlot to produce durable, light metal armor and spears for the Royal guards of Equestria. Tankena learned to appreciate their dedication to their craft and how they desired to teach her and her siblings the fine art of metalsmithing. As a filly in school, Tankena studied hard, in particular, chemistry and physical science. She became intrigued with firecracker and rocket design to the point where, as a science project for school, the clever green filly built what she later called a ‘Big Colt’ rocket. At first, her teacher forbad Tankena from demostrating her creation, but the laughing filly lit the fuse anyway and galloped off for cover. Watching from a safe distance, her teacher and classmates were astonished when the hoofmade rocket was launched. It’s trigetery was flawless as it soared into the sky and then burst into a series of colorful (and safe) firecracker flashes and colors. As her teacher and classmates cheered her success, Tankena noticed a flash of light behind her, and spotted that her cutie mark looked exactly like the rocket she had just tested. Now, she felt justified in her plans to build bigger, better and faster devices with her skills. Her parents were delighted, noting how of all their children, Tankena was embracing the ‘family trade’ best.

In later life, Tankena’s high grades earned her a scholarship to Canterlot University, where she soon got into conflict with the mostly rich unicorn student body there. Looked down upon because of her lack of horn and riches, the green Earth pony was even MORE determined to prove to them that she belonged. One of her strongest friends there was Professor Clyde Krashkop, the ranking Chairpony of the Department of Physics and Engineering at the time. The innovative Professor saw the potential of the eager Earth pony and allowed her access to his private lab to work on her own experiments in her spare time. To the utter amazement of the entire University, Tankena graduated at the top of her class, having written a detailed thesis so amazing that it was later published in the Royal Canterlot Library. Due to the surprising academic success of Tankena, some of her classmates nicknamed her 'Tank Mare' due to her rugged determination to succeed. One classmate even went as far as to call her 'indestructable, like a tank!' With all this acclaim, Tankena remains humble, but accepts her new nickname as a show of respect to those at Canterlot U. who once ridiculed her.

Returning to Stalliongrad, Tankena has taken her rightful place in the family business. Blitzkrieg, her father, put her in charge of Product lines and Design, a role the green Earth pony thrived on! Soon, Tankena designed better and more effective farm equipment, transport wagons and advanced forms of Royal Guard armor. Seeing the need for their daughter to take time to relax and unwind, her parents often allow her to take long vacations. But even when she travels Equestria for leisure, Tankena’s mind is still on designing, inventing and building useful things with metal.

Personality: Like her parents, Tankena can be strict and demanding. However, there is a tender, caring side to her nature. She does dress outrageously as part of her care free ‘take me as I am’ personality. Her love of heavy metal music does irritate her dad, who prefers traditional Stalliongrad symphony music. Although she plays the balalaika, Tankena plays her own version of music with it. She doesn’t take criticism very well but is not above listening to sound advice.

Hay Mojo! I see you designed this character with respect to Mane RP canon, but ...well, I think you know what I'm going to say from here. I think it's great you designed her around your existing characters, but she should also be able to stand on her own as a unique character without those associations as well.

I had a chat with a few others on staff, and we agreed that steam-powered military vehicles just won't fit into Mane RP. If you want to make this character an inventor of sorts, that is fine, but the military weaponry won't fit into the roleplay setting we have for Mane. I know this character, by design, depends heavily on the lore you've created for her (and indeed, this application was a fun read), but you'll need to knead in some redesigns that fit more uniformly with WoE, or go the CO route.

This character is really fun -- I hope you understand that while I personally would love to see a Tank Mare rolling around Equestria in her steam-powered tank, some of the other players may not share the same sentiment. Gomennasai.

Rose, I think you'll know my argument here.

The word 'tank' was mentioned by two Mane 6 characters (Rarity in "Suited for Success" and Rainbow Dash in "May The Best Pet Win" so the 'tank' MUST EXIST in Equestria.

However, it looks like I'm the minority opinion here, and I really don't want to argue about this anymore.

Switching app to Crossovers now.

But in the future, Rarity and RD should stop mentioning things that DON'T EXIST in Equestria. Would make things a lot less confusing.

:D:D:D

Thought it over, changed my mind. I believe I can make Tankena work in Mane RP with some adjustments.

Changing it back to Mane PR, editing all mention of 'real' tanks out and making 'Tank Mare' a nickname.

Let's see how this works.

:D :D :D