Pony sizes proved by math!

korok132

I will preface this by saying that this is not my work. At all. This requires far too much effort for me to do. But props to whoever did this.

For a while now, I've wondered "How tall is a pony compared to a human?" The thought has crossed my mind for a number of reasons, but that's another story. The point is, someone actually bothered to do math and figure out how tall ponies are.

Link'd because huge picture.

In short:

Size = "correct" measurement (hoof to shoulders) / "true" measurement (hoof to head)

Filly = 1 ft 2.2 in / 2 ft 2.3 in

Adult = 2 ft 0.6 in / 3 ft 8 in

Celestia = 4 ft 1.3in / 6 ft 3.6 in

In other words: They're really dang short. Except Celestia, who is really dang tall. The average height of a human is about 5'7", so most people would have to look up to look her in the eye.

The_More_You_Know.jpg

Oh, and Luna's also probably as tall as Celestia. They're the same height, right?

For science! That feels kinda alike old news (a draw using Leonardo's body proportions was used)

Things that whe know: I'l need to duck to meet Celestia to the eyes, yep, she's small to be a horse, also could not ride her, I would double her weight (and am liberaly over the average stature)

The little ponies, are little.

Luna feels the only average to RL Pony size (And Fleur de Lis) No pony ride Luna either, much less while hugging her neck and baby talking "I wub my wittle woona"

• Like 1

We can also guesstimate at the height of ponies using this image

Applejack_and_the_cows_S01E04.png

The average height of an adult cow is between 5 and 6 feet at the shoulder, which is about level with the head. Being that Celestia is about twice as tall as a normal pony(maybe 1.6-8), I would guess that the cows are around the 5 foot mark. I would say that the ponies are between 3.5-4 feet tall.

Unfortunately this is as close as I can get without doing more than basic guesstimation geometry at 6 in the morning. Feel free to correct and ridicule my math.

Of course this could also be terribly wrong due to the cows being cartoonized and not much like real cows at all.

Edited by DrMaxwell