Why do people say that Rainbow Dash is a lesbian?

Leon K Fox

Stereotyping. Next question.

Hahaha.

This, I agree with, if in more detail.

This is basically all it is. Because Lesbians are usually depicted as tomboyish and have some sort of unusual outward appearance (in this case, Rainbow's rainbow-colored mane) females that are like this are usually stereotyped into being 'Lesbian'. This happens all too often for our poor Rainbow Dash.

Stereotyping. Next question.

Hahaha.

This, I agree with, if in more detail.

This is basically all it is. Because Lesbians are usually depicted as tomboyish and have some sort of unusual outward appearance (in this case, Rainbow's rainbow-colored mane) females that are like this are usually stereotyped into being 'Lesbian'. This happens all too often for our poor Rainbow Dash.

Well I can't say anything to it because I haven't talked with lesbians just boys who loved eachother when one of our teacher invited them to one of our classes one and half year ago. :P It was intresting.

I honestly have no clue why people are still on this. Word of Faust says that Rainbow's not a lesbian, but they are still saying that she is.

In this place we could ask why are the fans make Lyra and Bon Bon to be a copule too.

If you ask me I love the Twilight Sparkle :heart: Rainbow Dash fanfictions. ;)

I honestly have no clue why people are still on this. Word of Faust says that Rainbow's not a lesbian, but they are still saying that she is.

Have you got a reference?

Yes, I would like to read this too.

Reference here.

â– Rainbow Dash has rainbow-striped hair because of her name and because she is very interested in sports, specifically flying. She is a tomboy, but nowhere in the show is her sexual orientation ever referenced. As we all know, there are plenty of straight tomboys in the world, and assuming they are lesbians is extremely unfair to both straight and lesbian tomboys.

I interpretted this as saying that Dash is straight, by Faust explaining how just because she has rainbow hair and is a tomboy doesn't make her a lesbian.

...but nowhere in the show is her sexual orientation ever referenced.

I think this is the important part. Until it's actually mentioned in the show we'll never know.

I personally don't care if she is or she isn't, but it does bug me when people insist that she must be straight or must be lesbian. Can't she just be Dash?

...but nowhere in the show is her sexual orientation ever referenced.

I think this is the important part. Until it's actually mentioned in the show we'll never know.

I personally don't care if she is or she isn't, but it does bug me when people insist that she must be straight or must be lesbian. Can't she just be Dash?

Have you ever considered doing speeches or something? That was amazing. And yes, you are right.

It will never been mentioned in the show because of the target audience and general themes of the program. Any speculation about her sexuality will remain that, fandom speculation. Although there is nothing wrong with adding that aspect to her character in fan art or stories, you are right, insisting she is either gay or straight (or bi) as some sort of "fanon" is simply restricting the character and creativity involving her. Fans are free to write her with some sort of sexuality, they just got to remember to still write her as Dash.

It will never been mentioned in the show because of the target audience and general themes of the program. Any speculation about her sexuality will remain that, fandom speculation. Although there is nothing wrong with adding that aspect to her character in fan art or stories, you are right, insisting she is either gay or straight (or bi) as some sort of "fanon" is simply restricting the character and creativity involving her. Fans are free to write her with some sort of sexuality, they just got to remember to still write her as Dash.

Yeah only we older fans like to "spicing" up the show for our "apetite".

Fanon will get us nowhere. It's not like we can decide who Dash is- that's Faust's job. I think that we need to stop worrying about her sexuality and start thinking of her as Rainbow Dash - a pony that everyone hates loves. There, that's my view. Not awfully different from any of yours. Who's next?

Have you ever considered doing speeches or something? That was amazing. And yes, you are right.

Lollerskates! Speeches? With my stage fright? Not a chance! But thank you.

It will never been mentioned in the show because of the target audience and general themes of the program. Any speculation about her sexuality will remain that, fandom speculation.

Perhaps. But it's not like the characters in MLP are without interest in love. Rarity was smitten with Blueblood (for a while), we have Mr. & Mrs. Cake, Equestria's ONLY married couple to date, and of course, the big secret:

Shhh! Don't tell anyone but... Spike has a crush on Rarity!

So there's no reason Dash couldn't fall in love, or at least get a small crush on somepony. That said, Dash is probably least likely to get such a development because of the fans who would go ape**** when their beloved Dash isn't what they thought she was. And imagine the sheer smugness from the fans if it turns out she really is a lesbian. It would be tangible.

:!:

So there's no reason Dash couldn't fall in love, or at least get a small crush on somepony. That said, Dash is probably least likely to get such a development because of the fans who would go ape**** when their beloved Dash isn't what they thought she was. And imagine the sheer smugness from the fans if it turns out she really is a lesbian. It would be tangible.

Rainbow Dash with a crush on somepony? That pony would be the center of major fanrage! :) If the pony is a colt, doubly so because of all the broken hearted bronies. If the pony was a filly, well it be partially mitigated because, yeah, the whole "I told you so" aspect, although those hardcore Dash-Pinkie shippers would still be upset. :blah:

I doubt it will happen though and fans can continue to speculate, and draw and write based on those speculations (which isn't a bad thing at all). :halo:

Rainbow Dash with a crush on somepony? That pony would be the center of major fanrage! :) If the pony is a colt, doubly so because of all the broken hearted bronies. If the pony was a filly, well it be partially mitigated because, yeah, the whole "I told you so" aspect, although those hardcore Dash-Pinkie shippers would still be upset. :blah:

I doubt it will happen though and fans can continue to speculate, and draw and write based on those speculations (which isn't a bad thing at all). :halo:

I'm hoping that they never try this for these reasons. Honestly, it's ridiculous how badly this has gotten out of hand for the fandom... If they even try to give the ponies romances, the fandom will lash out in one way or another, because their 'favorite shipping pair' didn't happen.

I personally wouldn't care if this pony ended up with that pony, I'd just move on and go "Oh, that's cool", and it wouldn't stop me from reading Dashx(random pony) yuri fanfiction. Even if Dash WAS lesbian, what'd be the difference other then she'd be lesbian? Dash would still be Dash, except she'd be attracted to girls. It really bothers me when fans lunge at each other's throats just because they read some fanfiction and didn't like how Dash didn't end up with Applejack and went with Pinkie Pie, or how Dash is straight and goes for some guy she thinks is cool. I wish people could write pony fanfiction without readers BAAAAAAAAAAAW'ing and getting butthurt over something stupid.

As much as I loved Teen Titans, I wasn't so much into the whole shipping thing, and am glad I wasn't. I tend to just skim through comments reading fanfiction or looking at stuff on DA when its random this characterxthat character so my mind won't implode from people flaming one another. Invader Zim was, and still has some of the worst fandoms conceived. Then there's the Naruto Forums I was linked to through a site called YouChewPoop (a youtube poop forum).