[Sweet Apple Acres, Open-PM, Invite, Friends, Family] Apple Bloom's Big Day!

SteelEagle

fber10.jpg

Scootaloo felt just rotten, frustrated and embarrassed. Time was ticking faster and faster, and STILL Apple Bloom's present wasn't perfect! Scootaloo simply wasn't crafty, and once she'd decided on Apple Bloom's gift she felt herself wanting to cry. It was just so difficult to tie the ribbon right! And now she was late, which was simply not okay. After all, she was one of the first people contacted about it and one of Apple Bloom's best friends.

Finally Scootaloo's hooves seemed to work for her. With present finally finished, Scootaloo threw it in a paper bag. It didn't look very nice, but would anybody really care? Apple Bloom certainly wouldn't.

Scootaloo was nervous about the unveiling of this present, and her stomach hurt a little. Hopping onto her scooter and taking off, she sighed. She'd needed help finding the supplies for the gift (well, the SUPPLY), and had spent days learning how to make it. Now that it was finished (and looked SUPER AWESOME) she was sure Apple Bloom would like it! Shaking her head, Scootaloo thought only of that and not of her anxiety. Apple Bloom WOULD like it. She'd LOVE it. Right?

Scootaloo had no time for that. She was already at Sweet Apple Acres. She parked her scooter, entered the barn, and immediately saw her hero: Rainbow Dash. Her heart raced, a smile spread across her face. HOW COOL. Scootaloo immediately dropped her present and jumped straight in the air, little wings flapping in excitement as she bounced and flailed her legs.

[colour=#ff3300]"RAINBOW DASH! RAINBOW DASH! ITS ME, SCOOTALOO! REMEMBER ME? I RUN THE FAN CLUB? HI!!"[/colour]

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom was a true cataloger of the apple family which in her mind deserved at least one catalog, if not two or five or a dozen, and that was just for her immediate family here on the farm. So to hear that there was somepony else who was family struck her as a pleasant, if unusual and possibly suspicious, surprise. And a unicorn to boot? She knew there was always the possibility, but there was also the possibility of Applejack turning into a griffon at night because of the weregriffon stories Big Mac told her when she was just a real lil' filly. The fact that it had led to Apple Bloom once barging into Applejack in the bathroom with a paddle after a vivid nightmare wasn't related to Ingrid Marie in a way, but she couldn't think about weregriffons without thinking about that. She gave another tiny giggle.

[colour=#ff0000]"Well Ingrid Marie, y'all in need of a proper Apple family greetin', but mah brother an' sister ain't here so that'll hafta wait. Then we can all get real well a-quaint-ed," [/colour]She said as she continued her trot to the presents. She had a one track mind and at that time the track was presents. Presents galore, it looked like, as Scootaloo made her late entrance into the party. She had expected Scootaloo to be one of the earlier appearances, what with being a fellow Crusader and having a super fast scooter to aid her along. But that would have made sense and a lot of the things Scootaloo did did not make sense to Apple Bloom.

"Heya, Scootaloo!" Apple Bloom said enthusiastically as she stopped mid-trot to wave ferociously, changing her direction, and moving towards her dear friend.

[colour=#ff0000]"It's startin' ta-"[/colour] She began right before Scootaloo flipped out when she saw Rainbow Dash, dropping her gift and practically turning into a ball of energy. Well, they had officially lost her for the next hour or so. Apple Bloom gave a fake grin.

[colour=#ff0000]"Err, thanks for tha present, Scootaloo,"[/colour] She offered weakly as she picked it up with her teeth and galloped over to the pile, dropping it into the blossoming collection before her. Some were wrapped with the precision afforded by experience. Others were haphazard and uneven. A few were dull and gray but many were decorative and colorful. One was in a simple brown bag, which meant it was either a turnip from Granny Smith or it was Scootaloo's gift. As long as it was the latter, it would be a glorious day.

[colour=#ff0000]"Nah Nursery, Ah think we'll just start with presents, on 'ccount of Applejack and Big Mac not bein' here ta share tha cake or play any'f tha games," [/colour]Apple Bloom said as she too a deep whiff of the gifts. Yep, definitely filly scented.

[colour=#ff0000]"Alright, who should Ah open first?"[/colour]

Cheerilee smiled and even giggled at the tan unicorn's proclamation,[colour=#800080] "oh its alright, its great to love what you do. In fact I cannot imagine why anypony would choose a career in something that wasn't their passion."[/colour] Cheerilee couldn't see herself really doing anything else but teach, well theater perhaps, but teaching was her first passion, to her it was one of the most important jobs a pony could have. [colour=#800080]"I have heard of your school. Its one of those big name, prestigious academies where only the finest unicorn mages go!"[/colour] Once in a while a prospective student for Cheerilee's school had instead been whisked off for her academy. All of Cheerilee's unicorn students were those who didn't make the cut - but to her, they were just as special.

She took a bite of cake as she watched little Abby excitedly introduce herself to her cousin. It was amazing how wired Apple Bloom was already, and as far as Cheerilee could tell, she hadn't had one piece of cake or a sugary snack yet, Celestia only knows what the little yellow filly was going to be like once she'd had her fill of candy!

Fortunately, Twist managed to distract Applebloom again so Cheerilee could answer Ingrid's inquiry. [colour=#800080]"To tell you the truth, Miss Marie, its an adventure. Not the fairy tale kind, but more like a rollercoster adventure. Some days are great, some days it can be really hard, but you never really know how things will go, and trust me - I do my best to plan out the entire day, week, and month ahead of time." [/colour] Cheerilee chuckled, [colour=#800080]"but having a class full of rambunctious, easily distracted, and mischievous foals offers surprises every day. Of course, with the pegasai, you have students trying to fly out the windows to get to recess, and unicorns trying to cheat with their magic instead of using their hooves like they're supposed to ... with less than predictable results."[/colour] Cheerilee laughed - she had so many stories involving flying or magic mishaps, or earth ponies causing their own brand of mischief.

[colour=#800080]Sweetie Belle[/colour]

Sweetie Belle stuck close to her friend as the fit of giggles faded, leaving her sister and Rainbow Dash to clean up on their own. She hugged Scootaloo eagerly, and said,[colour=#800080] "Oh, man, you just missed the best thing about my big sister Rarity spitting!"[/colour] she giggled. She was sure Scootaloo would find that pretty amusing, too! [colour=#800080] "Well,"[/colour] she said to Apple Bloom and Scootaloo both, [colour=#800080]"I think you should leave our gifts for last! The grand finale, as it were! But don't you want to wait for Applejack and Big Mac before opening your gifts?"[/colour]

She crossed her lil' white hooves and rested her head on them, restraining her quivering eagerness in her attempts to be polite... [colour=#800080]"But I wanna see what you got!"[/colour] she broke out after two very long seconds of trying to be good!

-----

[colour=#006400]Purple Haze[/colour]

Purple Haze pranced happily as she pulled her little red wagon along behind her. She was so excited! Her very first party here in Ponyville! She'd taken an unusually long time getting ready this morning, making sure her mane was just right, and ironing out her party dress very carefully. It had a lovely cream-colored blouse, and a green-and-orange tartan skirt - the family's colors. She had a little green bow in her mane, and butterflies in her stomach.

She'd already met Apple Bloom, and she seemed like a kindred spirit, and she'd visited everyone at school, of course ... but she'd rarely had a chance to do anything with the other colts and fillies outside of school. She just *had* to make a good impression! And the wagon was stocked up with her cooking efforts of all of yesterday - carrot cupcakes and her favorite garlic-fried carrot sticks and carrot chips and several jugs of her blue-ribbon carrot-medly juice, and all sorts of tasty snacks that she was nervous about getting on her nice clothes!

And, of course, late. Because when they'd finally gotten ready to go ... and then waited for her brother to clean up after his morning chores that he never stopped doing in time to go a-visitin' ... he hadn't even been wearing his nice party clothes! So she'd had to make sure *he* got dressed in his nice clothes, too, before they could finally go! [colour=#006400] "Eeee, innit exciting, big brae?" [/colour]she asked eagerly. [colour=#006400]"Ye've been here longer 'n me, an' still nae a party tae ye, either! Now, dinnae ye go tryin' tae help Miss Applejack wi' her chores an' gettin' yer kilt all dirty! Ye're here tae party!"[/colour]

The two ponies stepped into the apple family barn, which was abustle with so much activity! She was about to call out a greeting when she suddenly felt a lurch, and she turned around quick to see snacks threatening to spill out over the floor. She quickly scurried back to bobble and juggle the toppling stacks of dishes, and saw the problem - a wheel had popped off of her precious wagon! The wagon she'd had since forever, that her own big brae had made for her when he'd been no bigger than she was just now! [colour=#006400]"Oh no! Oh no!"[/colour] she squeeked worriedly! [colour=#006400]"Big Brae, help!"[/colour]

-----

[colour=#0000cd]Rainbow Dash[/colour]

Carrot, though, was being seized by another pony. Rainbow Dash seized his hoof and dragged him away a couple steps. [colour=#0000cd]"Hey, Carrot! Nice ta see ya! Didn't know you were gonna be here?"[/colour] She brushed at the bits of frosting and cake still sticking to her blue coat, unaware of the big blob of frosting hanging from the end of the red crest of her rainbow mane. [colour=#0000cd] "I'll have ta introduce you to everypony! Like here! This is my friend, Rarity!"[/colour] She gestured to the messy catastrophy of cake and icing standing next to her. [colour=#0000cd]"She's pretty cool. Rarity, this is Carrot. He's a real gentlecolt! Bought me snacks and held doors for me and everything!" [/colour] Rarity should find that impressive, right? She leaned closer and gave a confidential whisper, [colour=#0000cd]"And he's got an awesome accent..."[/colour]

She blinked, and took a second look, then leaned around Carrot to look again. [colour=#0000cd]"Aaaand... he apparantly likes skirts, too?"[/colour] she said, her lips quivering... then she turned over in mid-air and let out a peal of laughter. [colour=#0000cd]"Bwaaa-ha-ha-ha! Lose a bet? heeheehee"[/colour] She stood up again and wiped a tear of laughter from her eye. [colour=#0000cd]"Woooo! You're a hoot, Carrot!"[/colour]

Then she blinked and jumped, then, as Scootaloo came eagerly up to her. [colour=#0000cd] "Sure, kid, I know who you are, of course!" [/colour] She laughed and rolled her eyes. [colour=#0000cd]"How ya been doing? Working on those stunts on your scooter?"[/colour] She glanced over at the snack table. [colour=#0000cd]"Hey, how bout you and me head over and see if they brought out a barrel or two of the Apple Family Cider, shall we?" [/colour]She put her hoof over Scootaloo's shoulders and wandered off towards the snack table eagerly.

• Like 3

[colour=#008000][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#008000][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"This here's gonna be a barrel'o fun fer everypony!" [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith cheered as she watched all of the party guests still arriving. Rainbow Dash's flying arrival nearly scared the elderly mare out of her wits as she ducked down under the table. Slowly, she got back up, waving her hoof in the air shouting, [colour=#00FF00]"SUNDAY DRIVER!!!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Do not fret, mein sister," [/colour]Apple Strudel giggled. [colour=#006400]"Dat is dee famous Rainbow Dash! Day even speak of her back home in Germaney!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Well if'n she scares the fur off'n my hide agin', I'ma gonna take the broom to'r!" [/colour]Granny Smith yelled.

Lost in all the activity was Haywire, who had set her gift on the table with the rest of AppleBloom's presents. The curious rust colored filly began to look all around the barn, until she spotted a rope hanging down from the loft.

[colour=#B22222]"I wunder what this here rope's doin' hangin' down," [/colour]the blonde filliy said as she took a leaping rush at it, grabbing it from above with her teeth and allowing her weight to pull down hard on the rope. Instantly, Haywire realized what a mistake this was when square bales of hay began falling from the ceiling down towards the party guests.

[colour=#B22222]"Uh oh," [/colour]she quipped before shouting out, [colour=#B22222]"LOOK OUT EVERYPONY!!!!"[/colour]

Carrot Fields sighed - he felt rather uncomfortable; it wasn't that he didn't like kilts or that he wasn't proud of the family colors, he just hated having to dress formally. He was a farmer, after all, an outdoorsy type working the earth and enjoying the simple life. Dressing fancy always felt awkward, especially since they were just going to a birthday party at the farmers next door. To Carrot it was over-the-top for the occasion, but Purple had been insistent. This was really important to her, so much so she had a wagon full of special food, and this importance to his one and only baby sister was the only reason Carrot was willing to go through with this. As they approached the barn, Carrot started to relax a little - the music eased his nerves, and it'd be very nice to take a break from the farming, even if he was wearing his fancy togs.

Just as Carrot heard a snap and looked back to see Purple frantically holding up the food in her wagon from spilling over, he felt a tug on his hoof to be pulled inside quite suddenly. [colour=#ff8c00]"Hold on Pur-Whaaaa!? Dash?!"[/colour] Sure, Dash was a bit of a mess, with dripping cake on her, but it didn't take from her cuteness, and it was enough to distract Carrot for just a moment. The rapid pace of things distracted him for longer than a moment. First, he was being introduced to her friend, a white unicorn, then she was laughing at him, and then she was trotting away. Carrot sat stunned for a moment at all that had happened, then called after her, [colour=#ff8c00]"Oye! It's nae a skirt! It's a kilt! Stallions wear these all the time back in Fet Loch; its considered very stalliony tae show yer family colors!"[/colour]

He sighed softly, then realized he was being rude to the mare he'd just been introduced to. Despite Rarity's chaotic appearance, Carrot gave a shy smile, feeling a renewed awkwardness and self-consciousness. [colour=#ff8c00] "Aye, nice tae meet ye, Miss Rarity. Carrot Fields, at yer call."[/colour] He wanted to say more, but the hecticness wasn't over yet - hay bales suddenly tumbling from the ceiling. Carrot grabbed her hoof and pulled her closer to him, as a hay bale landed with a loud thwump right where she'd been standing. [colour=#ff8c00]"Ach! Wot a close shave!"[/colour]

He looked down to the mare in his hooves and blushed even more, taking a quick step back and quickly brushing the few crumbs of cake and frosting from his clothing. [colour=#ff8c00] "Ach! Um ... are ye a'ight, then? Me 'n moi sis-"[/colour] He paused, remembering. [colour=#ff8c00]"Ach! Me sis! An' me in moi nice togs!"[/colour] He glanced at Rarity. [colour=#ff8c00]"Oi'm sorry tae impose on ye, lass, but couldee give me a hand wi' yer unicorn magic? Oi cannae get me togs dirty an' me sis has a busted wheel ..."[/colour]

((Be forewarned. Here be a 20% cooler joke))

fber10.jpg

Scootaloo was so insanely excited. Rainbow Dash was her hero, her role model, her idol. And the grand pegasus mare KNEW Scootaloo's name! From memory! Scootaloo didn't even have to remind her! That was TRULY awesome. And if things couldn't get any cooler, Rainbow Dash had INVITED her to hang out. Did that make her, like, ten times cooler than everypony else? 20 percent cooler? Who cared! She was going to hang out with Rainbow Dash!!

Bouncing in pure excitement, Scootaloo noticed Rainbow Dash's arm around her shoulders. What did THAT mean?! Was that a good thing?! Obviously it was!! Scootaloo paused for a moment and considered her options. Was she Rainbow Dash's #1 fan? Was she something more? Was she Rainbow Dash's friend? Was she Rainbow Dash's student of awesome?!

But wait- Rainbow Dash had asked her a few questions. No need to leave your hero hanging!

[colour=#ff0000]"I'm radical! Totally radical! And yeah, the tricks are coming along super awesomely. I'm taking bigger jumps, and the twirls are totally perfected now. Thanks for the tips, by the way."[/colour]

Approaching the food table, she noticed there was indeed cider! It looked and smelled delicious, fragrant, chilly, and frothy on the very top. She couldn't wait to dig in! But wasn't there some sort of rule about fillies drinking cider?

[colour=#ff0000]"There you are, Rainbow Dash! Cider! Oh, am I supposed to drink that?"[/colour]

14aittd.png

And just as suddenly as the birthday filly dropped by to greet Ingrid Marie, she left to make a beeline for another foal. Apple Bloom was certainly quite the adorable youngster thought the unicorn, who now pondered just what a proper Apple family greeting entitled. For now though, Ingrid brought her attention back to Cheerilee as she began describing her life as a school teacher. To the counselor’s bemusement, Cheerilee talked of how her students got into various classroom hijinks. While Ingrid normally didn’t grapple with the consequences of student mischief (one of the perks of being a counselor instead of a regular instructor), that didn’t mean she had no amusing stories of her own.

Laughing simultaneously with the Ponyville teacher as she explained what trouble her own unicorn students got into, Ingrid Marie was more than happy to exchange her own experiences. [colour=#008080]“Well sorry to say, Cheerilee, but I don’t usually have the… pleasure of bringing classrooms to order. I merely hold meetings with troublemakers if they get sent to my office by their teachers.”[/colour] Ingrid giggled before continuing. [colour=#008080]“Let me tell you though, since we get the finest unicorn mages, we also seem to get the most talented tricksters in all of Equestria. You wouldn’t believe what magic pranks our school has been subjected to over the years. And then there have been quite a few entrance examinations I’ve sat on that well… let’s just say that really weird things have happened.”[/colour] At this point, Ingrid made an attempt at an evil, mysterious laugh. True, entrance exams were Counselor Marie’s least favorite part of her job, but that didn’t mean that some incidents were amusing to talk about after the fact.

[colour=#b22222]"LOOK OUT EVERYPONY!!!!"[/colour]

Ingrid Marie jerked her head just in time to see loads of hay bales cascade down upon her and Cheerilee. Acting upon instinct, Ingrid activated her horn and reached out with her magic towards the falling bales. Standard levitation spells were simple enough for unicorns to pull off, but things got much more complex when the objects intended for levitation fall towards the earth at a high velocity. It took some effort, but Ingrid succeeded in freezing the hay in place moments before they could have struck the two mares. Once her magic accounted for the nuisance of gravity, Ingrid telekinetically moved the hay bales away from the two and gently set them on the ground.

Spinning back towards Cheerilee's direction, Ms. Marie cheekily grinned and proclaimed; [colour=#008080]“Ta-dah!?”[/colour]

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash dashed off to greet another pony, leaving Rarity still lying there on the floor. She grabbed this stallion's attention and pulled him toward her. Rarity hadn't the time to react to anything.

[colour=#0000CD]"I'll have ta introduce you to everypony! Like here! This is my friend, Rarity! [/colour][colour=#0000CD]She's pretty cool. Rarity, this is Carrot. He's a real gentlecolt! Bought me snacks and held doors for me and everything! [/colour][colour=#0000CD]And he's got an awesome accent..."[/colour]

Rarity blinked as she was presented suddenly with the stallion. Carrot? it sounded familiar. Well, of course it was, as it was Mr. Cake's name, and there was also that mare who everyone called Carrot Top. She was pretty sure she had heard something about another Carrot stallion from Applejack of one of her other friends though. It sounded familiar at least.

[colour=#0000CD]"Aaaand... he apparantly likes skirts, too? [/colour][colour=#0000CD]Bwaaa-ha-ha-ha! Lose a bet? heeheehee"[/colour]

Rarity gave a sigh. Honestly how could Dash be both so tactless and uniformed when it came to obscure traditional fashions associated with remote areas of Equestria? Yep, Rarity knew a kilt when she saw one. Granted, Fet Loch culture wasn't something she was particularly knowledgeable, but fashion and apparel certainly were. Luckily, the stallion set Dash straight before stepping toward Rarity and offering a greeting.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Aye, nice tae meet ye, Miss Rarity. Carrot Fields, at yer call."[/colour]

Rarity smiled back at the stallion and nodded. So Carrot Fields? Yes, that definitely sounded familiar. [colour=#663399]"It's truly a pleasure, darling! I'll have you know that I for one think that that kilt of yours is a bold and charming fashion statement~!"[/colour] she said, collecting herself slightly but not yet moving off the floor. [colour=#663399]"Come visit me at my Carousel Boutique should you ever find you want me to make you ano--"[/colour] The unicorn's words were cut off as she was pulled up and off the ground by the stallion rather suddenly.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Ach! Wot a close shave!"[/colour]

He said as bales of hay crashed down behind her. Rarity hadn't even noticed. She had been thrown so entirety out of reality by the sudden rainbow colored collision that she hadn't quite caught with her surroundings yet.[colour=#663399] "Thank you, my good sir. I didn't even..." [/colour]she said to Carrot, trailing off and shaking her head in an effort to regain her focus.

She regretted when she did, for it caused her to look down. The sudden realization hit that she had been lying on the barn floor and that parts of her, almost head to hoof were covered and smeared with messy, sticky cake and frosting. It was even in her luxurious mane! Carrot was still taking to her, asking her something about a sister and a wheel or something. Rarity couldn't focus on his words, not as her cake related paranoia mounted.

[colour=#663399]"Ick! NOOOOO! This will not do at all!"[/colour] she whined as she frantically attempted to brush the cake off of her with her hooves, but only served to spread the frosting into her coat. [colour=#663399]"Get it off of me!"[/colour] she cried desperately as she began to pace about.

Sweetie Belle had the vague beginnings of a good point. She should have waited for her big sister and brother to show up. Not only because they were family and her special day deserved to be shared with those she cared about it, but because Applejack and Big Macintosh had been awfully tight lipped regarding birthday presents for her and she wasn't buying any of that hogwash Big Mac left around about the present being a lump of coal. First off, they could used coal and it would be sorta stupid to waste it as a gift like that when it would just be returned to storage. Secondly, it would get everypony's mane dirty when she tried to make others play with it and invariably dragged others into it. But just as she had started to make her point she recanted, and Apple Bloom nodded enthusiastically.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, Ah best Ah got all sorta cool things! Maybe even some super useful crusadin' gear!"[/colour] She offered as the started touching the outer edges of several presents, deep in concentration with her tongue sticking out. It was a tough choice and it required her undivided attention, as important as it was. She was so wrapped up in the curves and colors, the feel and in some cases felt of her presents that she barely registered the sensations behind her. After all, the first present was probably the most important of all the presents, just like how the first Red Delicious of the year was the most important on account of their Red Delicious trees being notoriously crafty in how they'd disguise the good and bad apples. She doubted there would be any bad apples, but her brain believed the same principles applied.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah choose..." [/colour]She began slowly before settling in on Scootaloo's gift, and not just because it was the closest and she couldn't wait the extra nanosecond. It was always the easiest to open, which also saved some time. A time saving gift from a fast pony was almost stereotypical.

[colour=#ff0000]"Scootaloo's present!"[/colour] She cheered herself on and reached out, making contact just as a bale of hale fell right on top of her. She was consumed entirely by it for a few seconds, her darkness tinted dark yellow. She struggled and her head popped out of the top, bow still on through some sort of sorcery and her mane somehow untouched save for a few strands of hay which mingles about. Her eyes rolled around for a few seconds before a fierce shake of the head brought her focus to the situation at hand. She was stuck in a hay bale, looking at her presents and unable to turn around.

[colour=#ff0000]"What in the...hay?"[/colour]

Guiding Light had no objection to Apple Bloom opening her gifts. It was her party after all. He was interested in seeing how she would react to her gift he made. Yet his present could be opened at anytime although he hoped sooner than later. It wasn't like he had something important to do after the opening of the gifts. He planned to stay at the party for as long as he could to meet with her and his other classmates. It was the building anticipation that would happen which each present besides his being opened that would eat away at his sanity faster than a paraspite could eat a cake.

The unicorn colt watched as Apple Bloom began touching the presents with her hoof. For a moment she touched his present and he straightened up thinking that she'd choose his, but then she elected to pick Scootaloo's gift. It was just as well as Apple Bloom was best friends with the orange pegasus.

Suddenly, as she was about to open the gift she was buried under a hay bales. Luckily she was ok, a bit dazed. Now she was stuck.

[colour=#DAA520]"Apple Bloom, hang on. I'm going to try and get you out of there."[/colour]

He quickly surveyed the situation. He knew there were was Rarity and another adult unicorn, but they were busy talking. He knew from being her special somepony that Twilight was still learning magic. As for Sweetie Belle, he wasn't sure what magic she had.

[colour=#DAA520]"Ok. I'm going to pull the hay bale off of you Apple Bloom with my magic. Can somepony pull her from the other side?"[/colour]

He hoped that the force of the other pony pulling and him pulling on the bale would sepaerate Apple Bloom from her straw prison.

[colour=#800080]Cheerilee[/colour]

Cheerilee could only imagine what class time would be like if the various pranksters, bullies, and class clowns she had over the years could manage great feats of magic; likely the schoolhouse would be on fire, thunderclouds would chase foals around the yard, and playground equipment would be dancing the jig, or something like that. She rather wondered how they handled this sort of thing in the secondary school some of the older colts and fillies went to. [colour=#800080]“Well, we have our share of regular pranksters, but thank Celestia they don’t have a lot of magical oomph yet; of course that never stopped them from their own unique form of trouble making. As for the unicorns in my class, most of them can’t really do magic yet, but when they try, and boy how they like to, the results can sometimes be… messy. I have this one student in my class now who-”[/colour]

A familiar young voice cut through her reminiscing, as if it was calling out of her memory. Haywire… It’s always Haywire! What had that trouble-making prankster foal done now?!? Cheerilee turned around to see if she could spot the red filly when she noticed out of the corner of her eye several hay bales heading her way from above. Before she could even finish covering her head with her hooves they were stopped in mid-air and gently put aside by her newest acquaintance. [colour=#800080]“Oh, thank you!”[/colour] Cheerilee gave a smiling clap to Ingrid’s “performance”. [colour=#800080]“I bet you were one of those gifted students, yourself!” [/colour] Now she just needed to find out why bales came down - she already knew who

[colour=#800080]“Haywire!”[/colour] her voice carried over the noise of the party, [colour=#800080]“Come here!”[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]Carrot Fields[/colour]

Carrot was really glad that the white unicorn understood what he was wearing, and even complemented him on it. He looked towards Dash with one hoof up mouthing a “see!” at her. After solving that little crisis with the hay bales, he turned to start to gallop towards the barn entrance, hoping that Rarity would follow, he could really use her magic; instead she took to panicking about her messy condition. Carrot sighed, he really needed to get back to Purple, but he couldn’t just leave a pretty mare in distress, even if he thought it wasn’t a big deal. He looked around and spotted the only thing he could think that would help in a quick emergency, a large bucket of water. He quickly picked it up with his forehoooves and dumped the water over the panicking unicorn, washing off the hunks of cake and frosting. It was a vast improvement … she looked good with a wet mane.. Really good. [colour=#ff8c00]“Ach, sorry ‘bout that, its umm.. Well it worked, though! Oi need tae help me sis, though.”[/colour] He couldn’t ask for help again … that would be too pushy. He hurried back outside, hoping Purple had manage to hold up the wagon all this time.

[colour=#008000][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"THE SKY IS FALLIN'! THE SKY IS FALLIN'!" [/colour]Granny Smith yelled before the elderly mare ducked under one of the food tables.

[colour=#006400]"Ack! Uneemal!" [/colour]added Apple Strudel who quickly joined her there. Little Haywire looked on nervously, watching helplessly as ponies dodged falling hay bales, Ingrid Marie used her magic to 'freeze' many of them in midair and poor AppleBloom ending up with a hay bale landing on top of her.

[colour=#B22222]"APPLEBLOOM!" [/colour]the rust colored filly shouted.

[colour=#006400]"Vee are coming, AppleBloom!" [/colour]Apple Strudel shouted as the bearded stallion emerged from under the table to gallop to her aide followed by Granny Smith.

[colour=#00FF00]"HOLD ON HALF PINT! HELP'S A-COMIN' TO YA!" [/colour]the lime green mare yelled.

Suddenly, Haywire heard the very familiar voice of Cheerilee calling out for her. As if by instinct, the blonde blank flank rushed over to her. [colour=#B22222]"Yes Miss Cheerilee?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]Sweetie Belle[/colour]

Sweetie Belle knew nothing but darkness, floating in a bodyiless void ...

Well, not bodyless ... there was definitely a body, because it was all sorts of aching. OK, so it was a bodied void of darkness, and nothing else.

And scratchiness. Darkness, achiness, and scratchiness. And also something tickling her nose. Darkness, achiness, scratchiness, and nose-tickliness.

[colour=#800080]*AH-CHOO!*[/colour]

Sweetie Belle's head popped up out of the hay bale behind Apple Bloom's with the force of the sneeze, and she blinked around confusedly. [colour=#800080]"What happened?"[/colour] she asked in surprise. [colour=#800080]*AH-CHOO!*[/colour] A cloud of dust raised up with the second sneeze, setting off several more sneezes from the little filly.

-----

[colour=#0000cd]Rainbow Dash[/colour]

Dash chuckled softly. [colour=#0000cd] "Why wouldn't you be able to have cider?"[/colour] she asked cheerfully. [colour=#0000cd]"It's the best in all of Equestria!"[/colour] She blinked, then, as suddenly there were falling hay bales and diving old ponies all around her. [colour=#0000cd]"Wha? Wha? Wha?"[/colour] She blinked, and looked around some more, blinking in surprise.

[colour=#0000cd]"What just happened?"[/colour] she asked Scootaloo, perplexed. [colour=#0000cd] "Ah well, more cider for us!"[/colour] She grabbed up a mug and poured a draw for herself, licking her lips in anticipation.

Meanwhile...

Pinkie Pie was way up high. Ridiculously high. She was in the rafters of the barn! She inched along the stout wooden beam, brushing dust out of her mane. Her pet alligator, Gummy, perched at the very tippy end of the rafter. [colour=#008000]"Rawwwrrp!"[/colour] He cried pitifully. [colour=#ED458B]"Don't worry Gummy, I'll getcha down!" [/colour]Pinkie poked her chin, somewhat confused. She looked up at her pet quizzically. [colour=#ED458B]"How in Celestia's mane did you get up here, anyway? Actually, how did I get up here?" [/colour]She peered down at the crowd below, quite pleased at how the turnout to Apple Bloom's party had been so far. [colour=#ED458B]"Weee! We're really high up." [/colour]She swallowed hard, throwing herself to the wooden plank, hyperventilating. [colour=#ED458B]"We...we're really high up! Oh my! If I fell right now, I'd Pinkie splat, for realsies!"[/colour] Gummy blinked one of his lavender gumdrop eyes at her, quite enthused.

The pink mare inchwormed along the rafter, reaching for her pet alligator. He didn't seem interested in being removed from his perch. [colour=#ED458B]"I'm very disappointed in you, Gummy. Last time I found you hiding in my laundry, and I don't even wear clothes! It took me like a week to find you!"[/colour] Her hoof slipped, and she teetered precariously over the side of the plank. Her center of gravity shifted, and she found herself spilling over the edge. [colour=#ED458B]"EEEEEEK! HEEELP! ANYPONY!" [/colour]She wedged her hoof against the edge of the rafter, her rump dangling over the edge. She flicked her fluffy tail. Gummy wriggled over to her hoof, and bit on to it. She felt his warm gums wrap around her ankle. [colour=#ED458B]"Heeheehee, haahahaaha! That tickles!" [/colour]Pinkie let go. She realized for a brief moment her error, but gravity was already at work.

Pinkie Pie fell from the rafters, straight into the buffet table! Punch, goodies, and all sorts of fun edible things flew all over the room. Apple pies sailed into the wall with dull thumps of crust and perfectly baked apples. Fritters, dumplings, and cakes danced in the air, flinging multitudes of frosting and goo. Pinkie sat up achingly, her pet still latched to her hoof. She licked frosting off her cheek. [colour=#ED458B]"Found him!" [/colour]she announced happily.

• Like 2

14aittd.png

Embarrassedly running her forehoof behind her head, Ingrid Marie chuckled as she replied to Cheerilee’s latest observation; [colour=#008080]“As a matter of fact, yes I was one of those gifted students! But that was so long ago….. now then, just what the heck caused all these bales to fall?”[/colour] While Ingrid’s newfound partner in crime fighting quickly got on the case (and even called out a potential suspect), the unicorn took the opportunity to survey the damage within the barn. Apparently, not everypony was as skilled at avoiding hay-induced ignominy as the middle-aged unicorn was. A rainbow-colored pegasus saw fit to use the chaos to abscond with a mug of cider, while a stallion elsewhere busied himself with washing cake off a panicking white unicorn mare (Ingrid reckoned oddly enough that the unicorn wouldn’t have felt out of place at Neighton Preparatory Academy). Fortunately, the buffet stand remained intact….. no, scratch that; a pink earth pony (was that a gator hatchling wrapped around her hoof?) just fell from the rafters right into the table, sending food flying everywhere.

[colour=#008080]~Mmkaaaaaay..... that was a bit random right there. Ah well, things could be going a lot worse today….. at least you're not back attending Neighton fundraising balls, right Immie?~[/colour]

Hearing commotion over by the gift table, Ingrid Marie’s eyes finally fell upon a unicorn colt trying to magically pull one of the fallen hay bales. Stuck in that bale was Apple Bloom of all ponies; nearby, another trapped filly coughed up a storm. [colour=#008080]“Hold on everypony, I'm coming!”[/colour] Ingrid shouted while galloping to the scene. Upon arriving, the elder unicorn reached out to her little niece and her stuck companion with her magic. As a blue aura formed around each of the fillies, Ingrid began the process of telekinetically freeing them. As a veteran magic practitioner, the counselor estimated that this next magic feat would be a piece of cake. According to basic magic theory, simply lifting two little ponies from hay bundles would require much less effort of the will than dealing with an avalanche of projectiles.

A lone strand of hay slipped in between her mane and tickled her scalp, which sent rather annoying shivers through her head. This nervous tickle wasn't something too uncommon as working on the farm meant between sweat, hay, and all sorts of bugs of all types, she was almost always getting tickled. Normally, though, she could scratch it. She couldn't now and her nose scrunched up in mild annoyance as around her the commotion of the party increased tenfold. Hay bales continued to fall- where the heck did they manage to get so many hay bales?- and she was still utterly stuck in one. It didn't take a genius(or Apple Bloom) to figure out who was to blame based on the ambient sounds and conversation that Haywire had done his best imitation of himself and somehow set all this off. If this was his birthday present, then she wasn't too grateful for it.

Luckily, others were trying to make her day easier rather than harder, and Guiding Light led the charge backed up by Granny Smith and Great Uncle Strudel. Directly behind her, Sweetie Belle started firing off rapid fire sneezes like she was trying to impress somepony at a local carnival with her seed-spitting skills which Apple Bloom could claim rather accurately wasn't very effective.

[colour=#ff0000]"Thanks, everypony,"[/colour] Apple Bloom's voice wasn't shaky, but it certainly had a certain air of anticipation-fueled annoyance. So far her birthday party had consisted of other ponies having cake(which she had gone out of her way to give to them, mind you) and just as she was about to get to her presents, hay bales fell out of the sky. Or roof. She wasn't angry or nothin', but it was mighty annoying to be so close and yet so far.

And just then, pie hit her face, blinding her behind creamy delight. It took a moment or three for her to realize what had happened and by that time, she could feel herself being pulled out of the bale by magic. You could tell not only because ya didn't feel no hooves slappin' around you, but because there was a tingling sensation all around your body that only magic caused. In one fell swoop she licked off and consumed the entire pie which covered her face, unleashing a loud burp at the end.

[colour=#ff0000]"That's some good eatin'!"[/colour] Apple Bloom offered with a smile as she got out of the bale through Ingrid's magic, somewhat content with her situation and partially oblivious to the continuing chaos around her. Apple pie solves many a problem.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#a9a9a9]"Well Macintosh and Applejack, would you like to see her? Would you like to meet your new baby sister?"[/colour]

[colour=#cc6633]Applejack's expression left her mouth open with nothing to say but a gasp for joyful breathe. She could finally meet her little sister. She didn't have to be the little baby on the farm, and best of all, she could enjoy the opportunity to be a big sister. Applejack looked into the crib made out of straw and hay, where a small yellow baby filly rested peacefully. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Awww, she's so beautiful, isn't she Big Mac?"[/colour]

[colour=#cc6633]To the reply of an older brothers response, the little baby filly opened her eyes and smiled up at her two older siblings. Applejack's eyes watered as she spoke heartfelt loving words to her newborn sister. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Hay, little one. I'm gonna show you the ropes. A'hm your big sister Applejack, and I'm gonna love and protect you, little uh...,"[/colour][colour=#cc6633] Applejack turned to her elders, who were watching happily from a distance. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"What's her name?"[/colour]

[colour=#a9a9a9]"Apple Bloom."[/colour]

[colour=#cc6633]Applejack turned back to the crib, and rested her hooves on the side of the crib, rocking it gently. She exhaled positively. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Apple Bloom."[/colour][colour=#cc6633] Next to her, Big Mac grabbed a hoof-made rattler and shook above his new baby sister for her amusement. The newborn filly's eyes beamed their bright orange hue as her youngest expression yielded joy and glee.[/colour]

28779__safe_applejack_apple-bloom_big-macintosh_filly_foal_baby-pony_colt_artist-773her_animator-rlyoff.gif

[colour=#ff9900]Applejack remembered in her head the moments when she first saw her baby sister Apple Bloom. To Applejack, it felt like it was just yesterday she was dangling a rope for little AB to grab. Today, it was her little sister's birthday, and any birthday for one of their own was just as important as the hard work they had done on any other day. Maybe even more.

Unfortunately for Applejack, she had missed most of the guests arrive, but only because she knew that the cider kegs were draining fast. She never wondered why. She expected it. She was out by the storage shed placing to large kegs of cider onto a pull cart. She then strapped herself to the cart and pulled it to the barn, where she could see everypony was gathering around. Carrot Fields had shown up, and was acting goofy. Rainbow Dash was drinking all the cider, hay was everywhere, and Rarity was screaming about having cake in her hair. Everything seemed pretty normal and in check. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Howdy y'all! I'm so glad you could make it!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff9900]Applejack unhooked herself to the cart and walked up to Carrot Fields. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Hay Carrot!" [/colour][colour=#ff9900] Applejack inspected him and his attire for a short second. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Heh, that's a funny costume ya got on there, Carry. But you know this isn't a costume party, raht?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff9900]She had noticed Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash talking about the cider that everypony had been enjoying, and she couldn't help but noticed her rainbow friend filling herself up with filly cider. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Dash, why are you drinking all the youngin's cider?" [/colour][colour=#ff9900]She joked.[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Don't you know that I got cider reserved for us big ponies?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff9900]Applejack, with a very large huff of strength, lifted the first keg off the cart, and replaced the keg of cider by the refreshments. She then corked it, and applied a spout to the barrel. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"There. Now you guys got a whole 'nother barrel of cider." [/colour][colour=#ff9900] Applejack saw her baby sister and her distant cousin. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Ingrid! You got the invite! So glad you decided to come. Howdy, Cheerilee!"[/colour][colour=#ff9900] Applejack brushed off hay off her sisters flank, who had apparently had just had an accident involving a bale of hay. Again, everything was normal. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Hey, sis. You surprised? I told ya we had a lot of work to do! I just didn't tell you what kind of work!"[/colour][colour=#ff9900] She winked down. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"And don't fill up on too much pie. You need to save some room for de-ssert."[/colour][colour=#ff9900] Applejack knew she'd be running around all day, but it was worth it. She just hoped that ponies who wanted to talk to her didn't keep her from making Apple Blooms party the best it could be. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Hay, everypony! Thanks fer comin'! Eat as much cake as you want, we got plenty!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff9900]Applejack walked back to the cart with the other keg of cider on it. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, guys. We can try this cider. It's a new batch with an experimental ingredient. And I thought I'd try and premiere it today. But, if ya want some, we might need to bring it to the kitchen."[/colour][colour=#ff9900] Applejack scratched the back of her head. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Ya know, away from the little ones. Cuz this drink isn't for them."[/colour]

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

fber10.jpg

Scootaloo suddenly understood. There WAS a cider for fillies! And if Rainbow Dash liked it, it must be darn tasty! After all, Rainbow Dash had great taste in these kinds of things. Dash had great taste in everything, actually, and was hardly ever wrong! Scootaloo quickly poured herself a mug of the amber-colored drink and smelled it's surrounding aroma. Wow, that DID smell good! Taking a swig Scootaloo found it to taste just as good as it smelled.

[colour=#ff0000]"Wow, that's delicious Rainbow Dash! I can see why you like it so much!"[/colour]

Rarity continued to pace about, stomping her hooves and whimpering with displeasure at her disheveled state. At this point she was totally unaware of what was happening around her, which is why it was such an overwhelming shock when suddenly she was greeted with a veritable deluge of wet. As her finely coiffed mane fell flat, she stared ahead to find that it was Carrot Fields who had doused her with a bucket of water. She stared at him coldly at first, not pleased to find herself all wet. After a few seconds to sort herself out, however, her glare softened; being wet was better than being dirty.

[colour=#FF8C00]“Ach, sorry ‘bout that, its umm.. Well it worked, though! Oi need tae help me sis, though.”[/colour]

Rarity shook her head. [colour=#663399]"It's quite alright, Carrot dear. I should actually be thanking you for taking care of that unsightly mess,"[/colour] she said with a a nod.

[colour=#663399]"Now that I'm all clean, what is all this about your sist--"[/colour] Rarity didn't even get to finish her words. Commotion came from above and then, very suddenly, something very large and pink plummeted onto the nearby buffet table. The impressive impact sent from it an equally impressive shock wave of foodstuffs in all directions. Before the fashionable mare could react, she found herself utterly splattered with sticky punch, thick globs of apple filling and somehow even more cake and frosting than had stained her coat before.

[colour=#663399]"N-nooo..."[/colour] the thoroughly bedraggled unicorn said as she sobbed, frozen in place. [colour=#663399]"WHYYY?!"[/colour] she cried out in frustration and disgust as she began to stomp her hooves furiously.

• Like 2

[colour=#800080]Cheerilee[/colour]

Cheerilee smiled brightly - she had guessed right about Ingrid's foalhood, but it wasn't difficult; how would one become a counselor to a school full of gifted young magic users if one wasn't such themselves? But the hay bales across the floor rather prevented Cheerilee from talking shop with the fellow instructor. Cheerilee's face became far more serious looking, [colour=#800080]"Oh, I have a pretty good idea exactly how this happened."[/colour] Cheerilee turned around to Haywire with a flat, disappointed expression,[colour=#800080] "isn't that right, Miss Haywire? And I am sure whomever caused this mess has been taught to own up to their mistakes and certainly would volunteer to clean it up and, say, also help our hosts serve their guests for the rest of the evening. Either that or having to explain it all to Granny Smith; what do you think, Miss Haywire?"[/colour]

As Cheerilee waited for an answer, a flurry of food flew past her with a small amount landing right on her; she took it in stride. She taught foals, after all - what was a mess other than a daily occurrence? She wiped some cake off of her cheek with her forehoof, blinked once, then looked back at the destroyed main food table. She sighed as she saw Pinkie sitting there.[colour=#800080] "Well, Miss Haywire, I think some hay bale spilling pony has her work cut out for her ... but might have an assistant."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]Carrot Fields[/colour]

Carrot was feeling stretched a little thin - everything seemed so chaotic around him. A cute pink pony had cried for help from the rafters - but no time to react, as she crashed to the food table below. She seemed OK ... and he wanted to help her ... and Rarity needed help again ... and for some reason, he couldn't help but think that Purple was going to get on his case if he'd gotten *any* of that food on his nice clean kilt ... Purple! The wagon! And as he turned to leave, there was Applejack!

He stopped short with a smile and a blush, [colour=#ff8c00]"Oh! Hi Applejack, right bonnie tae-"[/colour] Carrot stopped short, a bit more stung by the comment this time around. Last thing he wanted was for her to think how was a weirdo. [colour=#ff8c00]"It's a kilt!"[/colour] he called after her,[colour=#ff8c00] "It's nae a costume! Stallions in Fet Loch wear 'em fer special occasions!" [/colour]Carrot let out a soft groan, and looked over to Rarity with a bit of pain in his eyes. At least she hadn't gone running off after making fun of his clothes. [colour=#ff8c00] "Dinnae anypony roun' here wear sommat nice once in a while?" [/colour]he asked dejectedly. Aw, man, and she was all covered in food again. His first thought was to grab her and drop her into the apple bobbing tank but probably wouldn't be too appreciated.. by anypony.

At least they'd be able to help replace the snacks, with all the food Purple had brou- [colour=#ff8c00]"ACH! Ah'll help in a moment, but me sis needs me, her wagon ah food has a busted wheel!" [/colour]He turned back to the door and hurried outside - help or not, he couldn't delay anymore, he just had to hope somepony could help - and if not, well he'd just have to kiss goodbye one clean dress-kilt.

Guiding Light was pleased with the fact that he got to play the hero. Apple Bloom was now freed from her hay prison and able to continue her birthday festivities unhindered. He thought about how the party started fairly normal, we at least normal compared to the ones he was at before, and then turned into a three ring circus!

Before he could ask the birthday filly is everything was ok, he saw Apple Bloom being pelted by a pie! Light wondered where the pie came from and if somepony threw it. Then, as if the universe was answering his question, another pie salied into the air and struck the unicorn colt with such a force that it knocked him over! Before Light could recover, the glass punch bowl flew into the air and landed right on his head with a loud clanging sound. The force knocked out the poor colt, with the bowl projectile resting on his head like a glass hat.

Haywire trembled nervously as she stood in front of Miss Cheerliee. But the rust colored filly was smart enough to realize that her teacher was giving her an subtle way to make up for her error. The blond blank flank slowly lowered her head and then said, [colour=#B22222]"Yes Miss Cheerilee, yur right. I will gladly volunteer to help clean up this here mess an' serve all the party guests."[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"That's good ta hear, youngin!" [/colour]Granny Smith said as she gave Haywire's head a playful rub. [colour=#00FF00]"It's nice to see this kid wantin' to help out so eagerly!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Ja!" [/colour]added Apple Strudel. [colour=#006400]"Dis is quite a mess! But dee nice ting about hay is, you can EAT IT!"[/colour]

As Apple Strudel began munching on one of the fallen hay bales, Haywire breathed a sigh of relief. Apparently, Granny Smith hadn't understood Cheerilee's 'hinting' and thought that Haywire was just being helpful. This bit of luck allowed the guilty filly to smile a little, but then she heard that she was getting an assistant.

[colour=#B22222]"An assistant?" [/colour]she asked, [colour=#B22222]"but I was the only one that... OH! An assistant? Sounds good to me!"[/colour]

Apple Bloom was hardly over the near perfect taste of apple pie that left her fleetingly when a new aroma assaulted her senses. Not new at all, familiar as the sun rising and setting and the feel of an apple in her hooves. It was Applejack, that mix of near permanent apple flavoring and sweat coming together to create that unique odor that only she could have produced. You became used to it as family or as a friend. She worked hard and it was only natural that she bore the stench of her wonderful labor and even before Applejack spoke, Apple Bloom's eyes lit up. She jumped and twisted in mid-air just as Applejack spoke.

[colour=#ff0000]"Applejack! Ah knew ya had ta have a hoof in this! Why, all day long Ah was all upset on account of everypony treatin' mah birthday like no big whoop and here y'all are for mah birthday! And ya knew all along, ya sly pony!"[/colour] She said with a giggle at the end before bouncing in place with excitement. The chaos around her only served to excite her further, though her eyes were too busy gobbling up the gifts to do much else. She approached them once more before once more turning around to the swirling chaos.

[colour=#ff0000]"Alright! Ah forgot whose gift Ah was gunna open, so who wants ta be first?!"[/colour]

8nMQp.png

After she had some punch and cake, young Nursery tried to mingle with the other fillies and colts at the party. There were a lot of grown ups here, too, but she didn't mind that so much. She knew of course about who Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash were. They were kind of local celebrities, and that included Abby's big sister, Applejack. There was another mare, though, the filly didn't know, and she looked kind of stern. But she seemed to be related to the Apples. So that was kind of self explanatory.

Of course, Apple Bloom was the centre of attention today. All the other fillies and colts flocked around her as she tried to make up her mind what to do first. There were a lot of ponies here, and she wanted to include everyone it seemed. That's why crusading seemed to be off the table for now. But there still was that mount of gifts that just waited to be unpacked, and the Apple filly contemplated which one to open first.

The cream coloured filly jumped up and down excitedly.[colour=#ee82ee] "Oh, oh. P-please open my present first." [/colour]She squeaked.[colour=#ee82ee] "I'm sure you'll l-love it!"[/colour] Nursery was very proud of her selection.